• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
She is the best eye candy the One Piece world has ever known.

Aint no way she'll be wearing that ridiculous get-up once the arc's over, tho.

we all want Bartolomeo to join the crew

Ehhhh. I feel like his shtick would get old fast. But there's something to be said about seeing him grow as a character from a fanboy to an actual peer of those he idolized. Not sure Oda would ever let him really get there, though.

The thing about Bartolomeo though is that he already has his own crew, and although iirc we've only seen one of his crew members, he most likely has a big crew.

But... but Jinbe was already asked to join and he accepted :p

Not sure about his dream, freeing all fishmen? Fishmen and humans peacefully living together?
If the speculation about the end game of OP is correct, that could be achieved by staying with the strawhats. On the other hand that's hardly an exclusive goal to have, unlike the goals of the other crewmembers.

Raxus

But... but Jinbe was already asked to join and he accepted :p

Not sure about his dream, freeing all fishmen? Fishmen and humans peacefully living together?
If the speculation about the end game of OP is correct, that could be achieved by staying with the strawhats. On the other hand that's hardly an exclusive goal to have, unlike the goals of the other crewmembers.

So is wanting to get One Piece or become Captain :p.

I think many already consider Jinbei as part of the cast since he already has a move set as a master at Fishman Karate and he adds a lot to the Straw hats. He'd be the oldest member and (of course) he is the only Fishman on the crew keeping that story at the forefront. Luffy stated he wanted 10 people to join his crew (before entering the Grand Line). Even past the expiration date we can add two people to the crew Jinbei being one and the other being ???. One Piece also has knack for adding crew members after long arcs. Jinbei had a lengthy introduction in the War of the Best, Robin joined after Alabasta, Franky after Water 7/Enies, and Brook after Thriller Bark. It stands the reason the whole plan with Kaiju Beast will accumulate with a new crew member. I think the dark horse candidate being Law. Even if the final member will likely be someone we haven't met yet.

Dugna

So is wanting to get One Piece or become Captain :p.

I think many already consider Jinbei as part of the cast since he already has a move set as a master at Fishman Karate and he adds a lot to the Straw hats. He'd be the oldest member and (of course) he is the only Fishman on the crew keeping that story at the forefront. Luffy stated he wanted 10 people to join his crew (before entering the Grand Line). Even past the expiration date we can add two people to the crew Jinbei being one and the other being ???. One Piece also has knack for adding crew members after long arcs. Jinbei had a lengthy introduction in the War of the Best, Robin joined after Alabasta, Franky after Water 7/Enies, and Brook after Thriller Bark. It stands the reason the whole plan with Kaiju Beast will accumulate with a new crew member. I think the dark horse candidate being Law. Even if the final member will likely be someone we haven't met yet.

Luffy also has his desire to meet shanks again, (not almost dead this time) and return the hat. I love how Oda doesn't even forget what was said in the earlier chapters of the series. Like the first episode of the show Luffy says 10 crew members is a good number and Oda has kept to that.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I just saw episode 677
mjcry1.png

Then I saw episode 678 and the birth of God Usopp, and the return of Sabo with Ace's devil fruit
rejoice.png

Dressorosa has to go down as one of the best one piece arc's ever

Raxus

Episode is a reprieve after the craziness of the last couple episodes. Next episode is going to be pretty crazy too. Looks like they spent more of the animation budget for it too.

I half expected Doffy just to slowly shrink the birdcage causing everyone to get sliced and diced.

Then we could have had 20 episodes of the birdcage slowly shrinking whilst slashing through buildings and people running around looking scared.

Doffy's abilities are a bit too OP/convenient...

Perfect clone made only from strings? It even sweats...
I can forgive that he secretly used this clone even though there was no reason, because he might have anticipated some assassination attempt. But it's still weird that his crew didn't know about the clone nor did Viola...
Apparently the clone can also fight just as good / can use strings...
Oh and where was the real Doffy hiding anyway!

His (birdcage) strings being seemingly indestructible (Soldier guy cut these strings easily when they were the clone's head :p) and if I understood that correctly they even blocked the Marine's communication snails (I also laughed at "oh shit, we didn't report anything to HQ yet, I just realized this NOW")

Oh and he's moving his fingers when he controls someone, but I guess in the end the ability works via his thoughts right? It's just a single string and he doesn't even have enough fingers for so many people at once :p (impressive multitasking nonetheless).

Of course in addition his Haki&fighting skills are also strong enough to easily block Luffy's attacks etc. I need a Rocky training montage that shows Doffy getting off his lazy ass and work out :D

Oh well, he's a good villain (nice backup plan) and I want to see how Luffy deals with him, slicing doesn't go so well for Luffy.

Yeah, there are several things regarding Doflamingo's abilities that don't really add up, but I suppose he's just trained his devil fruit powers very, very much.

Anyway, on a completely unrelated note, I was just rereading the Thriller Bark arc and remember Lola/Laura? That's the female pirate captain who proposed to everyone she saw. She said that she was from New World and that her mother is still there, and that she would help the Straw Hats. This has probably been discussed before, but I just realized that her mother is quite possibly Big Mom, and that Sanji & company will be safe when she learns that they rescued her daughter.

Grexeno

Anyway, on a completely unrelated note, I was just rereading the Thriller Bark arc and remember Lola/Laura? That's the female pirate captain who proposed to everyone she saw. She said that she was from New World and that her mother is still there, and that she would help the Straw Hats. This has probably been discussed before, but I just realized that her mother is quite possibly Big Mom, and that Sanji & company will be safe when she learns that they rescued her daughter.
A lot of people think this, but Big Mom is unquestionably a villain in the story. She is not Lola's mother.

Oxn

I can forgive that he secretly used this clone even though there was no reason, because he might have anticipated some assassination attempt. But it's still weird that his crew didn't know about the clone nor did Viola...

His (birdcage) strings being seemingly indestructible (Soldier guy cut these strings easily when they were the clone's head :p) and if I understood that correctly they even blocked the Marine's communication snails (I also laughed at "oh shit, we didn't report anything to HQ yet, I just realized this NOW")

Oh and he's moving his fingers when he controls someone, but I guess in the end the ability works via his thoughts right? It's just a single string and he doesn't even have enough fingers for so many people at once :p (impressive multitasking nonetheless).

Of course in addition his Haki&fighting skills are also strong enough to easily block Luffy's attacks etc. I need a Rocky training montage that shows Doffy getting off his lazy ass and work out :D

Oh well, he's a good villain (nice backup plan) and I want to see how Luffy deals with him, slicing doesn't go so well for Luffy.

With powers like that Im surprised he shies away from fighting the former admiral, and scared of Kaido.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
A lot of people think this, but Big Mom is unquestionably a villain in the story. She is not Lola's mother.

No reason Lola couldn't be blind to her mother's faults, she was blind to plenty of other reasonable things. It's absolutely still on the table.

Soriku

This is pretty standard fare. The good guys have to go through a lot of training to stand a chance. Meanwhile, bad guys can sit on their ass all day, but they're always in tip top shape

Yeah, he's really OP. Doflamingo is the best example of someone's who has truly honed and perfected their devil fruit power.
Crocodile mentioned that devil fruit powers are only as strong as the person using them.

I'm going take a guess and say Doflamingo is using haki on the birdcage strings.

Raxus

Yeah, he's really OP. Doflamingo is the best example of someone's who has truly honed and perfected their devil fruit power.
Crocodile mentioned that devil fruit powers are only as strong as the person using them.

I'm going take a guess and say Doflamingo is using haki on the birdcage strings.

I think it goes without saying. That being said Doflamingo is one of the strongest Warlords rivaled only by Kuma I would say.

He did body Oars Jr. solo so it gives a good idea how strong he was before the timeskip as well. Doflamingo is also one of the few devil fruit users who use their abilities to their maximum abilty. He has used his wires to manipulate people (multiple people at once!), as a garrote (Oars Jr., general slashes) and for wire puppets. Goes to show paramecia's can be just as strong as Logias in the right hands.

jbug617

Banned
quick question.
Lola's (from Thriller Bark Arc) mom is Big Mom right? She said her mother was a powerful pirate in the New World.

Dugna

It's basically the number one theory for years but not confirmed.

As soon as we finally get back to the other crew members (Nami, Sanji, Brook, Chopper) we could may as well figure out even without them talking to Big Mam. I mean didn't Lola give Nami a Vivre card based on her mom?

Top Bottom