• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

aechris

One Piece Treasure Cruise is out for iOS and Android! I know there's a thread but in case you don't check Gaming often I want to give you a heads up. It's fun! Add me - 634335679

Eh... I always find it a bit jarring when stuff like the video presentations happens.

Like, the Marines employ photographers who take some sneaky non-digitial shots of wanted pirates, often they have to live with what crappy shots they got (remember Sanji's face? :D ).
But Doffy has current full body pics of everyone that his powerpoint-snail used to quickly make a nice animated presentation out of it :p

Maybe it's also because I still think of the low tech level that they had at start of the series. But that can be explained because of regional differences and also a few years have passed since then, maybe Vegapunk's research led to some huge tech renaissance in the recent years.

The last few episodes before Birdcage were really good and it felt like things were finally coming to a close with the plan finally falling together nicely. I was shocked at the decapitation which seemingly took Doffy and the gang out in one blow, Sabo eating the Flame Fruit and winning the tourney (although knew that would be the decider all along anyways) and Usoland knocking Sugar out. Of course then the twist in the tale came and anything is in havoc again.

But what the hell happened to The Sunny Crew vs Big Mom? They've not been in it for so many episodes now. It's rather strange to leave them on the sidelines. I know there's a shit tonne happening but just weird that they've left the Sunny part out for so long.

cremino

The last few episodes before Birdcage were really good and it felt like things were finally coming to a close with the plan finally falling together nicely. I was shocked at the decapitation which seemingly took Doffy and the gang out in one blow, Sabo eating the Flame Fruit and winning the tourney (although knew that would be the decider all along anyways) and Usoland knocking Sugar out. Of course then the twist in the tale came and anything is in havoc again.

But what the hell happened to The Sunny Crew vs Big Mom? They've not been in it for so many episodes now. It's rather strange to leave them on the sidelines. I know there's a shit tonne happening but just weird that they've left the Sunny part out for so long.

They will be still absent for a while...

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
How close are we to the manga, now? Because it feels like we're really close.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
How close are we to the manga, now? Because it feels like we're really close.

According to AP, this covers 747.
The latest chapter was 776.

Too fucking close. Doesn't help when Oda takes breaks.

EDIT: Oh god, we're getting ghost pages.

Luffy has the Will of D, while Mingo does not. So from many of the navy's eyes is more of a threat then mingo ever will be.

Isn't it that he just wants to deal with Doffy later / in a different way?

Maybe he wants to let him roam free so that people get more riled up about the shichibukai system that he wants to completely abolish. I think he wants to propose that at some world government event or something?
Isn't Doffy also special because he's World Noble? That complicates attacking him I guess.

Will of D might not even concern him that much considering he's a bit more unconventional and talks about the World Government in a bad way. Even the other marines question his order, so I don't think it's the main motivation.
His cries-of-anger speech was more weird to me, maybe he also has a twisted sense of justice like Akainu (at least would make more sense that he picked him as an admiral then, he otherwise doesn't seem to be ruthless enough).

I hope that Doffy going after Issho will lead to the Marines killing/capturing him so that Kaido blames them instead of Luffy. Because Law was right about it in this episode.
I think Big Mom is also a wild card with the rest of the Strawhats, so maybe she will take the fall to piss off Kaido on purpose. Hell, destroying the factory for her might even bring the Strawhats to neutral terms with her again (for the time being :p ).

Dugna

Isn't it that he just wants to deal with Doffy later / in a different way?

Maybe he wants to let him roam free so that people get more riled up about the shichibukai system that he wants to completely abolish. I think he wants to propose that at some world government event or something?
Isn't Doffy also special because he's World Noble? That complicates attacking him I guess.

Will of D might not even concern him that much considering he's a bit more unconventional and talks about the World Government in a bad way. Even the other marines question his order, so I don't think it's the main motivation.
His cries-of-anger speech was more weird to me, maybe he also has a twisted sense of justice like Akainu (at least would make more sense that he picked him as an admiral then, he otherwise doesn't seem to be ruthless enough).

I hope that Doffy going after Issho will lead to the Marines killing/capturing him so that Kaido blames them instead of Luffy. Because Law was right about it in this episode.
I think Big Mom is also a wild card with the rest of the Strawhats, so maybe she will take the fall to piss off Kaido on purpose. Hell, destroying the factory for her might even bring the Strawhats to neutral terms with her again (for the time being :p ).

Even then Will of D is still the biggest threat the world govt has atm, it's basically the reason that the world govt doesn't fully control the actual world.

jbug617

Banned
On the One Piece Podcast they announced that Funimation got Season 7. It's going to be released in 6 parts and covers Ep 385-456 (Sabaody Archipelago Arc- Impel Down Arc). The first cover will feature
the Supernovas
and looking to release in the Summer.
Marco and Kizaru
already cast for the Dub.

Then they talked about the possibility of doing a simulcast dub but nothing solid on that.

Funimation guy mentioned it would take till 2020 to catch up to One Piece in Japan

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
On the One Piece Podcast they announced that Funimation got Season 7. It's going to be released in 6 parts and covers Ep 385-456 (Sabaody Archipelago Arc- Impel Down Arc). The first cover will feature
the Supernovas
and looking to release in the Summer.
Marco and Kizaru
already cast for the Dub.

Then they talked about the possibility of doing a simulcast dub but nothing solid on that.

Funimation guy mentioned it would take till 2020 to catch up to One Piece in Japan
Funimation is hyping up the Law VA reveal so that should be pretty interesting.

Just heard about this and I'm opposed to the idea. We already had FUNi's cast dropped into a midway point (Skypiea) for the series and while it was still great, it was a little awkward when I marathoned the dub a couple years back and they went from "pitch-perfect" to "newcomer mode".

Granted, I know FUNimation is host to many talented actors and the producers/scriptwriters have definitely gotten a better handle on the series since 2007 (there's some definite out-of-character script moments in Skypiea), I'm certain an even better dub could be produced if they're patient.

Except the English cast have perfected and become situated with their roles now. This isn't like it was back then when Funi first started. The directors know how to give it that OP charm and I doubt there would be a drop in quality if Space and the other broadcast dubs are anything to go by.

Except the English cast have perfected and become situated with their roles now. This isn't like it was back then when Funi first started. The directors know how to give it that OP charm and I doubt there would be a drop in quality if Space and the other broadcast dubs are anything to go by.

I'm more concerned with characters like Kin'emon, Momonsuke and Caesar since they're introduced in the previous arc. I know they're not going to just start at the latest subbed title but voice/script inconsistencies are going to trickle into the final release no matter what and that's why I'd rather them put their best efforts first even if I have to wait.

It's probably still gonna happen anyway so I know I'm in the wacky minority, LOL.

Just checked out the episode to hear his voice, and yeah it's pretty great :)

I have to say though, that episode has so many filler scenes, and the "cliffhanger" at the end never happened in the manga either. I guess they're doing everything to avoid catching up to Oda.

HeelPower

Anyone else disappointed that SABO SPOILER

Sabo got the Mera Mera powers ? I was desperately hoping for something cooler and less predictable to happen.

Sabo acting as 1:1 Ace replacement is not what I wanted out of him ,but oh well

Moaradin

Anyone else disappointed that SABO SPOILER

Sabo got the Mera Mera powers ? I was desperately hoping for something cooler and less predictable to happen.

Sabo acting as 1:1 Ace replacement is not what I wanted out of him ,but oh well

Too early to say what he does with it. I hope he does something new with it and doesn't become just a clone.

Top Bottom