• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Dugna

You got a problem with breakdance battles to determine who the superior hard-boiled fighter is?

Nah it's cool, just used to stare offs at the end of episodes like that.

Also the HD versions of the blue sea, alabasta, and skypeia arcs are decent in some places but the animation is still off.

Kater

Banned
Random thing I noticed, Diamante looks kinda like Mick Jagger. I wonder if that's Oda referencing famous people again just like he did before with Michael Jackson and Freddy Mercury.

Taborcarn

Pretty sure these pics have been posted here before, but they don't get old:

3BH5JJc.jpg

jdtVWNi.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Flamingo arc over yet and / or new nak...crewman?

Squalor

Is it going to take Luffy multiple episodes to get up this staircase even though a one-legged man got up in fast?

Is this staircase going to be the Biscuits Room of this arc?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Man some great art and direction this ep. Reminded me of the good ol days. I sure hope they can keep it going for the next ep, best moment of the whole arc comin up.

Two great animated episodes in a row?

Must be a once-in-a-lifetime miracle.

Is it going to take Luffy multiple episodes to get up this staircase even though a one-legged man got up in fast?

Is this staircase going to be the Biscuits Room of this arc?

Did you watch the episode?

Cwarrior

One piece 696

op696_1_by_aims773-d8wfl3v.gif

op_696_2_by_aims773-d8wfnlo.gif

op_696_3_by_aims773-d8wflq0.gif

op_696_4_by_aims773-d8wfpjp.gif

Animation by toei's brillaint kōdai watanabe, He was the Chief animation director & character designer for One piece 3D2Y, this the first time I've seen him working on the tv serise(outside the latest opening), his another toei super rookie that hasn't been around that long.

Taborcarn

Been waiting to see how they animated this scene. Man did they really drag it out though.

Bow down before the almighty Godsopppppppppppppppppp!!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Been waiting to see how they animated this scene. Man did they really drag it out though.

Bow down before the almighty Godsopppppppppppppppppp!!

If there was one scene that needed the Kai treatment, it was that. Seriously didn't need the bit with Usopp imagining himself missing.

Banzai

Love it when my boy Ussop gets shit done.
Now, with Luffy having reached Mingo, how many more episodes do you think there'll be until the fighting ends? 20-30?
I can already see Mingo going off on some rant that's coupled with a 10-episode flashback.

I think I'll try to not to watch anymore so I can do it in one go later.

Jaroof

Usopp just got his first taste of Haki, huh?
Awesome episode.

Also, can't stop laughing at the noise the ammunition makes.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Blugh. They sure ruined that from start to finish. At least they used good music when Luffy/Law confronted Doflamingo.

Squishy3

I was not prepared for the amount of literal stretching.

I swear they showed that shot like 10 times of him pulling the slingshot back.

inafking

Hi peeps! I'm a huge fan of the show. I'd like to show some of my OP swag.

I've this cap I bought from 399animeshop

u9WPS3o.jpg

I've also this dry-fit T-shirt with self-made designs
A0SOoUP.jpg

vFnQKEy.jpg

The front and back designs are in SVG format (vector image) here and here

I have this stuff I bought at Mugiwara Store in Shibuya Parco

Keychain
0IWPJLE.jpg

Mug
rTZkJdD.jpg

kTs4ggN.jpg

Luffy wanted poster
qmSVt8b.jpg

This was me at Mugiwara Store in Shibuya, Tokyo
j8Yu9tQ.jpg

I'm an anime and manga follower
Luffy's about to get recovered from his gear 4th, just in time before torikago shrinks to a minimum

Given that in the map the crew is a little bit past halfway, we have about 15 years more of show until they (may) get to Raftel, isn't it? Given that, stretching wouldn't be needed.

Cwarrior

Next Tv special has been announced One piece episode of Sabo

http://onepiecepodcast.com/2015/06/16/one-piece-episode-of-sabo-additional-information-unveiled/

episode-of-sabp-1.jpg

Yuma Kano from Fuji TV’s management division commented: First and foremost, the childhood of the three brothers–Luffy, Ace, and Sabo–is adorable. This special will surely be a tearjerker once again. One Piece is known to center around bonds between comrades, but this story illustrates a bond that was forged through a promise exchanged during childhood. It would be our greatest pleasure if viewers will take this opportunity to witness their adventures as they inherit their unchanging hearts from their childhood.

In this year’s One Piece summer special, a character who recently exploded into popularity, Sabo, will join us in one of the most famous story arcs from One Piece–the story of the Luffy, Ace, and Sabo brotherhood. Viewers will be able to follow the three brothers through their first meetings, partings, and reunions in this anime special! We’ll also bring to you all-new scenes that will lead up to Sabo and Luffy’s reunion in Dressrosa! This will be a golden opportunity for both One Piece fans and not-so-savvy viewers to experience everything great that One Piece has to offer!

If you watch this summer special, you’ll be better up to date with the current Dressrosa arc, and I guarantee that you will enjoy the anime series even more! Please enjoy the highly anticipated Episode of Sabo.

The Episode of Sabo anime special is scheduled to air on Saturday August 22 at 9 p.m. on Fuji TV.

Top Bottom