• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Cwarrior

One piece 701

dead children litter the floor and a young boy's littler sister is burnt alive in a cupboard cleary a children show.

Fantastic episode with excellent directing by katsumi tokoro, loved how the story was of white town was told by the ultra cool diamante family as they causaly took care of business.

the art & painted packground was exellent
rs43U4G.jpg

tIoqCDo.jpg

RcYZf9G.jpg

80StFBe.jpg

Doflamingo reading up on the history of White Town kinda gave him a caring aspect. But I guess he just does it to be able to better manipulate little Law.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Episode 702

Did someone say MORE tragic backstories?

When the dub gets to this point, can we get Steve Blum as Corazon? Same voice as Japanese Spike.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Do we know when they are gonna start dubbing one piece? I remember hearing they were gonna make big pushes with dub episodes after 700.was this correct?

BatDan

Do we know when they are gonna start dubbing one piece? I remember hearing they were gonna make big pushes with dub episodes after 700.was this correct?

That was just speculation.
I don't think they're going to do simul-dubs right now.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
They look so good, Oda had us fooled for so long until this content finally came up.
Old school Doflamingo family looks awesome. Senor Pink, Machvise, Giola, all of them look cool. I wonder why they all got fat. lol

Kinda amazing how much animation effort was put into some the angry citizens at the beginning of the episode, but it did make the Doffy flashback seem far more sympathetic.

Banzai

havent watched since luffy and law arrived at the top of the fortress because i figured there was gonna be a lengthy law&doflamingo flashback next. was i right? if so, is it over so i can watch it in one go?

Dugna

Man hearing Mercer play law is weird, I mean all I keep hearing is Kanji....least he does good close moments so when they finally get to dressrosa it will be good.

Resilient

havent watched since luffy and law arrived at the top of the fortress because i figured there was gonna be a lengthy law&doflamingo flashback next. was i right? if so, is it over so i can watch it in one go?

I'll let you know in an hour. It might be the last...maybe

Squalor

Old school Doflamingo family looks awesome. Senor Pink, Machvise, Giola, all of them look cool. I wonder why they all got fat. lol
Sixteen years will do that to you when you get to sit around for most of it.
I wonder if that was their prime or if they are stronger overall in the present time.
Lao G. is one hundred percent past his prime.

Pica, Diamante, Machvise, and Gladius are all still probably within their primes. Gladius is the youngest in his thirties, but this is One Piece, so one's prime is probably around the thirties or forties.

fates

Can the movies (Strong World and Film Z) be enjoyed without being up to speed with the series? They look really good and I wanna pick them up. Just never had the time/funds to commit to the series, but these movies look good.

Squishy3

Can the movies (Strong World and Film Z) be enjoyed without being up to speed with the series? They look really good and I wanna pick them up. Just never had the time/funds to commit to the series, but these movies look good.
Uh, Strong World, probably, Film Z has a bunch of concepts introduced way later on and is the first post-timeskip movie, so you might get a little bit lost.

Been catching up, last time i watched OP was time skip, I love the flash back story for Fisherman Arc, but Hordy was shit villain and arc was meh..I thought Decken if he was made the main villain would have given Luffy a better fight..

Been catching, last time i watched OP was time skip, I love the flash back story for Fisherman Arc, but Hordy was shit villain and arc was meh..I thought Decken if he was made the main villain would have given Luffy a better fight..

The flashback and the pre-island events were definitely the highlights of the arc. I don't think Decken would have worked so well as a villain since he can probably be defeated in just one hit.

The next arc is great and the arc after that is amazing btw, both better than Fishman Island.

fates

Uh, Strong World, probably, Film Z has a bunch of concepts introduced way later on and is the first post-timeskip movie, so you might get a little bit lost.

I'm not unfamiliar with the franchise, I just can't keep up with the episodes lol.

I think I'll pick up the movies though. They look really good.

BatDan

Episode 703

Now that Dressrosa is over in the manga, I'm curious what direction Toei will take with the rest of the arc. They'll probably do the same 1:1 shit...

Squishy3

I'm not unfamiliar with the franchise, I just can't keep up with the episodes lol.

I think I'll pick up the movies though. They look really good.
If you understand Haki then you'll be set to go for Film Z. Strong World is totally watchable probably regardless of where you're at in the series, but it's been awhile since I watched that one.

Top Bottom