• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Moaradin

One Piece anime has really stepped it up in the last few months. I know it can't last, but I'm glad Toei at least seems to get the big moments right.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Finally got around to marathoning the anime, I expect to finish it this week. Dressrosa is great...if you watch it in two and three hour chunks instead of weekly.

Squishy3

Messed up in what sense?
They literally stretched it for the entire episode.

There's a good 4 minutes or so dedicated to the villagers steeling themselves up to capture all of them that just isn't in the manga whatsoever, and it switches focus to other people during the episode while Usopp is pulling back the slingshot's band.

There's 4 pages between Usopp pulling the band back and the bullet actually landing in the manga, while the same footage of Usopp pulling the band plays at least 3-5 times in the episode.

Really drawn out, botched the overall impact. Inserted scene of Usopp imagining he fucked it up. All sorts of extra scenes of Kanjuro drawing the ammunition. Animation nothing special. Was a crying shame really.
Oh god I forgot about that too. Yeah, they botched it hardcore. It was one of the best moments in Dressrosa and I was really looking forward to it. Hope they don't mess up anything else as much as this.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Messed up in what sense?

Really drawn out, botched the overall impact. Inserted scene of Usopp imagining he fucked it up. All sorts of extra scenes of Kanjuro drawing the ammunition. Animation nothing special. Was a crying shame really.

Squalor

I didn't have any problem with the actual execution of the snipe. I also thought his awakening Kenbunshoku was really cool at that time.

I just disliked the pacing.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Just got to the beginning of Dressrosa arc episode 629, i see it's still on going, how many more episodes you think before it's done?

It's still going, and it's going to keep going for a while.
The manga is just finishing it up

Squalor

Just got to the beginning of Dressrosa arc episode 629, i see it's still on going, how many more episodes you think before it's done?
I haven't read the manga at all, but I would be surprised if they left Dressrosa before the end of the year.

There are twenty-one Sundays left this year. You have to figure they'll skip about four or five of them.

We're still firmly in Law-Doflamingo backstory. And I suspect there's still Doflamingo backstory. In fact, I'm more than positive since there are still missing parts of his story.

None of the major battles have concluded, and some haven't even really begun.

Plus, there will be aftermath to handle.

There's gotta be no way it's over soon.

Squishy3

Assuming they keep at the clip of adapting pretty much 1 chapter to 1 episode it's 29 episodes away after this Saturday's episode to catch up to the manga.

Squalor

y'all wasn't kidding when you said we probably won't see Sanji in the next year..shit
I firmly believe they got kidnapped by Big Ma.

We haven't seen them since they were getting chased. Not a single scene.

Zoro has been fighting Pica. Luffy has run around the entirety of Dressrosa. He's even started fighting Doflamingo. We're getting backstory of Law and Doflamingo. And there hasn't been a single scene with Brook, Chopper, Nami, and Sanji.

They dead.

y'all wasn't kidding when you said we probably won't see Sanji in the next year..shit

We've read the manga, and the anime is on a 1 chapter an episode pacing generally. Also, I thought it was pretty obvious that ever since they left, they'd be out until the arc ended, even the first time I read it in the manga

fates

Watched Strong World. Really enjoyed it. The animation was gorgeous, and the art was amazing. The monster designs, really cool.

Squalor

I still haven't watched One Piece Film: Z.

I've never taken too much of an interest in long-running anime's movies.

Can't believe that came out three years ago already.

Strong World has an awesome atmosphere and while the story of Film Z is pretty dumb, it's still a nice movie. The only other OP film I thought was pretty good is the one with the race, whatever number it has. The villain's devil fruit is the dumbest thing ever but still it was an enjoyable film.

Cwarrior

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
One Piece has a few pretty good movies. I really like Movie 6, Strong World, and Film Z.
I agree, however...

Movie 6 was weird as fuck, in multiple ways

Odas bad writing strikes again, this whole Corazon ordeal from last episode is so hard to believe and so weak for what happens to him. Tripping on snow is just as bad as the tripping on the two stairs from that Zoro flashback death. Awful decision and awful lack of creativity and originality.

Top Bottom