• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Steroyd

Quicksilva said:
Marineford looks like it going to be incredible. Cannot wait to see all the "big shots" in action! I really hope Luffy can hold his own.

Depends what you mean by that and who he faces, if he comes across a logia type or an admiral he's virtually helpless.

watervengeance said:
Did Nami's section just confirm that everyone's going to meet up at Sabaody?

Pretty good episode. Nami's section was pretty funny.
Haven't seen the episode yet but I think the straw hats still have that piece of magic paper that Raleigh silver gave them on where to find him and their ship back there.

Firestorm

Dedication Through Light said:
Haven't seen the episode yet but I think the straw hats still have that piece of magic paper that Raleigh silver gave them on where to find him and their ship back there.
Yeah, they should all still have their vivre cards which will lead them back to Rayleigh and Sunny.

farnham said:
are these new nami etc. episodes considered fillers or canon ?

The cover of the manga chapters had the location and an image of what the crew, (nami) was doing, ie she was on the weather place, but it didnt have a chapter dedicated to her, ie, no chapter on her adventures like the current episode. I believe, I at least dont remember her doing anything like she did in the episode ever on the cover pages of the manga

Mikey Jr.

Plywood said:
I hope you guys won't start spoiling Marineford by dropping "hints(as in SPELLING OUT WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN)".

Just remember manga discussion goes in the manga thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=216788

lol, no problem.

On another note, anyone who has been reading the manga feel like they should stop reading it and just start following the anime? I'm getting that urge but I know its going to be hella hard.

To those that buy the DVDs or other who know, apart from the fact that the episodes are dubbed, what else does Funimation do with the anime on DVD? I see VIZ offers uncut and original episodes of the show like Naruto Shippuden (opening and ending themes are japanese).

Anth0ny

Dedication Through Light said:
To those that buy the DVDs or other who know, apart from the fact that the episodes are dubbed, what else does Funimation do with the anime on DVD? I see VIZ offers uncut and original episodes of the show like Naruto Shippuden (opening and ending themes are japanese).

Dub, sub, textless OPs and EDs(?), commentary on some episodes, trailers.

Standard stuff, they rarely go above and beyond.

Anth0ny said:
Dub, sub, textless OPs and EDs(?), commentary on some episodes, trailers.

Standard stuff, they rarely go above and beyond.

Alright sounds good then, ill probably go on a craze and buy all of them on disc this summer and marathon through, lol.

For the most recent episode, I was confused with that rope that nami used, I dont ever remember seeing it before (unless it was something of the weather guy?), lol.

LaneDS

I'm guessing this will all be considered canon. It's giving far too much backstory on what was going on with each crewmate for Oda to later change it up. I imagine it's all done with his blessing.

I really need to catch up on the anime again. Haven't seen any of these cover story episodes yet.

I do wish we had a One Piece thread for manga besides the Shonen Jump manga thread. So much stuff in their I don't care about. :lol

VGChampion said:
I really need to catch up on the anime again. Haven't seen any of these cover story episodes yet.

I do wish we had a One Piece thread for manga besides the Shonen Jump manga thread. So much stuff in their I don't care about. :lol

Its just been one episode (ignoring the ones 40+ episodes ago, I think ( I wasnt watching one piece then so idk))

It's been a long time since I watch OP, stop at 380, but since I was sick and needed something to watch I did some catching up.......I put about 40 eps on my PsP, Sanji's wanted posted was real hahahahaha Duval trying to wink is funny...too many funny and good stuff, but since I don't read the Manga it's time to take a break from OP, I like to watch it in bulks, probably let war arc finish before I watch OP again.

Nemesis121 said:
It's been a long time since I watch OP, stop at 380, but since I was sick and needed something to watch I did some catching up.......I put about 40 eps on my PsP, Sanji's wanted posted was real hahahahaha Duval trying to wink is funny...too many funny and good stuff, but since I don't read the Manga it's time to take a break from OP, I like to watch it in bulks, probably let war arc finish before I watch OP again.

You might as well keep going until last weeks episode since we finished the impel down arc --unless were grouping it together into a greater arc about "The Quest to Rescue Ace"

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
10ndytv.jpg

One Piece - Ep 454 - The Friends' Whereabouts! A Cheeper of Giant Birds and a Pink Showdown! (SUB)

grandjedi6

Wow. I though for sure that Toei would chicken out and try to explain it away by saying Sanji was hypnotized or that he was just playing along. But nope, he went full on transgender on us there. Should be fun to see the bitter tears of Sanji fanboys who have been trying to counterargue this for months now :lol

BobLoblaw

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
Wow. I though for sure that Toei would chicken out and try to explain it away by saying Sanji was hypnotized or that he was just playing along. But nope, he went full on transgender on us there. Should be fun to see the bitter tears of Sanji fanboys who have been trying to counterargue this for months now :lol
My guess is, once he sees Robin/Nami again, he'll snap back outta it. I don't think Oda would make him a permanent okama like Bon Clay.

Sanji story

icon_mao.gif

Chopper story - Well they at least paid tribute to the cover story.

BobLoblaw said:
My guess is, once he sees Robin/Nami again, he'll snap back outta it. I don't think Oda would make him a permanent okama like Bon Clay.

I'm expecting Nami to beat the okama out of him once she sees him.

I definitely believe he will get the new kama kenpo power up. Especially once they said he wasn't that strong.

Lyonaz

Been watching this series since last month or something. Currently at episode 74.

I like it, although sometimes I think the animation looks awful compared to a few manga volumes of One Piece I looked through.

grandjedi6

Lyonaz said:
Been watching this series since last month or something. Currently at episode 74.

I like it, although sometimes I think the animation looks awful compared to a few manga volumes of One Piece I looked through.
Little Garden is quite possibly the worst animated arc in the entire series. After that arc the bad art becomes the occasional exception and eventually disappears entirely for the most part.

Lyonaz

grandjedi6 said:
Little Garden is quite possibly the worst animated arc in the entire series. After that arc the bad art becomes the occasional exception and eventually disappears entirely for the most part.

Ah nice to know, thanks.

Steroyd

ROFLCOPTERLMFAODEAD X_X

I can't remember reeling so hard from something for so long, I'll need to watch Choppers bit later after I recover. :lol :lol :lol

How awesome would it be if Ivan turned Sanji into a real girl just to mess with his head further, even if it would only temporary. :lol

RagnarokX

jj984jj said:
These episodes are so enjoyable after Impel Down, I missed these characters.
There weren't chapters. They got a few pages in the chapter before Impel down and 2 single panel covers each. These are for the most part filler original to the anime based on limited information from the manga. It's nice to see some elaboration.

akachan ningen said:
Chopper's story is boring as hell. And he's my favorite character. T_T

By the looks of the cover pages it was based on, I never expected much of his own story to begin with, not surprised that it came out rather bland compared to the others so far.

Anth0ny

OMG at the Sanji episode. What has my favourite character become? :lol

bgassassin said:
I'm expecting Nami to beat the okama out of him once she sees him.

Knowing Oda and his fanservicy ways, I wouldn't be surprised if Nami flashed him :lol

:D

Anth0ny said:
OMG at the Sanji episode. What has my favourite character become? :lol

Knowing Oda and his fanservicy ways, I wouldn't be surprised if Nami flashed him :lol

:D

:lol

That too. She could use a Happiness Punch as an attack to get him back right.

Pimpwerx

I wonder if Oda gave them any info outside the few cover panels for the side-stories. They haven't revealed anything beyond those covers yet, and I think we all want to know how the SHs grew while apart. PEACE.

LaneDS

Pimpwerx said:
I wonder if Oda gave them any info outside the few cover panels for the side-stories. They haven't revealed anything beyond those covers yet, and I think we all want to know how the SHs grew while apart. PEACE.

I'm guessing all of this filler is being done with Oda's blessing, as otherwise it'd be taking too many liberties and they'd likely run into all sorts of inconsistencies down the line.

Top Bottom