• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
6/13 - 455 - Robin & Usopp's episode

6/20 - 456 - Brook & Zoro's episode

6/27 - 457 - Clip Show #1

7/4 - No Episode/Break​

Guess the next arc's not starting for a while. And take note how it says "Clip Show #1", implying that there might be more after the break :/

Anth0ny

grandjedi6 said:

7/4 - No Episode/Break

Guess the next arc's not starting for a while. And take note how it says "Clip Show #1", implying that there might be more after the break :/

nSHKZ.gif

grandjedi6 said:

7/4 - No Episode/Break​

I guess Im new to this but what is a clip show?

Firestorm

grandjedi6 said:

7/4 - No Episode/Break​

I like how they're stacking one interesting story per episode.

Nami / Franky
Sanji / Chopper
Robin / Usopp
Brook / Zoro

And ugh clip shows =/

Hopefully they're stalling so the next arc moves at a brisk pace.

Finally saw the episode, Choppers was kind of hilarious, mainly because his voice is funny to me in the Japanese.

Sanji's was interesting, i wonder if it will be intertwined in the future of the series

Robin's seems like it will the most interesting I think.

Seemed like Robin had way too much clevage for such a chilly place :lol Overall, it was an enjoyable episode. I'm lookin forward to Zoro's episode next week. horohoro

Anth0ny

Okay, Robin's story is ridiculously amazing. I don't even feel like I'm watching One Piece, the animation and mood is so damn different. In a very good way.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Robin's Part
-I loved Robin's lines to the guards at the beginning. :lol
-I also liked how the warden was much more worried about Robin than anyone else and that his worry was ultimately justified.
-This was a much better showing by Tate (the episode's animator) than his last few episodes. Especially compared to Robin/Usopp's first episode.

Oh and I think its implied that Robin is showing so much cleavage because her breasts are too big to zip up her suit. :lol

Luffy's Part
-Jimbei (revised) dialogue: "Hey Luffy, didn't we already do this scene?"
-I think Toei's forgetting that it only takes 30 minutes to travel between Impel Down and Marineford.

Usopp's Part
-The reveal of the Island being alive and eating others makes so much sense from a design standpoint (the island's design), that I'm fairly sure Oda must have thought of it from the get-go.

Quicksilva said:
Mind Blown :lol :lol

*joins in mind explosion*

So today's ep must have been animated by the ones who did the Luffy Falcon Punch on the Celestial Dragon episode.

Robin's story - Definitely one of the breast stories so far. They did a boob job of showing the despair in her story and how those people cleavage on to life and their humanity. It was interesting them bust her out of jail.

Usopp's story - His was funny in a stupid way. I liked the Venus Fly Trap island premise. I wouldn't have known that from the cover story, but like Jedi said it makes sense. I'm sure this allowed Oda to convey what his real intention was for that island.

My personal rankings so far:

#1 - Sanji
#2 - Robin
#3 - Franky
#4 - Usopp
#5 - Nami
#6 - Chopper (and I like Chopper more than some of the others)

EDIT: After thinking about it I liked Usopp's story more than Nami's.

I want more of Robins story, lol. That was definitely the most interesting of the group thus far. Choppers was the funniest I think and Sanjis too.

I honestly feel like this is the 5th episode in a row with this scene though
tumblr_l3sj65mt041qbk8k4o1_500.jpg

grandjedi6 said:
Oh and I think its implied that Robin is showing so much cleavage because her breasts are too big to zip up her suit. :lol
or because the guards didn't only hit her
(she was too much into it anyway!)

grandjedi6 said:
-I think Toei's forgetting that it only takes 30 minutes to travel between Impel Down and Marineford.
yeah, it makes much less sense to put the episodes in here, the travel to ID for the first ones was more suitable.

bathala

Banned
I'm just stacking up all the episodes (stopped watching b4 magellan fight) until the Navy arc starts then do a marathon.

Q: these crew mate stories, are they filler or part of the manga?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
My sister started watching OP a week ago and I am rewatching all episodes with her. Right now at 25. She likes it, but gets pissed at the somewhat slow pace and especially some of the fights. She was very disappoitnted that the Kuro fight had 5 episodes of build up for a 3 minute finale. She's enjoying Baratie though the Pearl fight bored her enough that she stopped watching eps for today. Really, that fight is atrocious. They explain everything after every action breaking the flow pretty badly. I am telling her to hold on until Arlong, though she seems to like it enough that she will get there so I am happy :lol

Also liked the Mihawk episode and the one before it.

Long story short.... She's liking the series though annoyed by certain quirks. Glad for her =P

Griffith

Banned
bathala said:
I'm just stacking up all the episodes (stopped watching b4 magellan fight) until the Navy arc starts then do a marathon.

Q: these crew mate stories, are they filler or part of the manga?
They're part of the manga, but the anime is adding stuff to them to fill half an episode.

grandjedi6 said:

7/4 - No Episode/Break​

Some of these episodes seem like they would need at least a part 3, to resolve the issue, and then a part 4 to bring them back together lol. Especially Brook and Zoros

Randy

Oh, didn't realize that one, but that's interesting indeed! Makes sense too, the cross of the tomb, etc... Amazing that after more than 450 episodes this anime still keeps delivering and drawing my attention.

Himuro said:
It was great seeing Perona try to seduce Zoro in last week's ep.

Also, it's fairly obvious that Zoro is on Mihawk's home island. We deduced that much when the cover story appeared in the manga, but after these sword guys it's pretty obvious where Zoro is.

"If underwear won't do it, there's nothing we can do to keep you here!" :lol

I agree, the cross straight up set the theory in full motion.

Himuro said:
It was great seeing Perona try to seduce Zoro in last week's ep.

Also, it's fairly obvious that Zoro is on Mihawk's home island. We deduced that much when the cover story appeared in the manga, but after these sword guys it's pretty obvious where Zoro is.

"If underwear won't do it, there's nothing we can do to keep you here!" :lol

Did I miss that, I didnt realize it could be mihawks island. I wonder if he will run into him

upandaway

What details did I miss to come to that conclusion? I mean that it's his home island. Unless there's a town or something there it shouldn't even be possible since he's human (wait...).

Also why did they suddenly destroy the castle? They let it go long enough. The intruders weren't even there.

Top Bottom