• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Reknoc

Dedication Through Light said:
yeah lol, my powers of logic are limited because of that issue as well as the fact, how would Blackbeard have even known if someone else hadnt already gotten the powers.

He wouldn't and would be boned if someone else already had, so he just got lucky really.

Reknoc said:
He wouldn't and would be boned if someone else already had, so he just got lucky really.

Also that last sentance is pretty iffy!

lol thanks, I totally forgot

Ah I see, I guess there has to be some aspect of chance involved. Oh well its an interesting world.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Reknoc said:
True enough, possible link to that forgotten history thing then?

Edit: Actually thinking about it that's a dumb thought! Instead this post is gonna be used to declare Trafalga Law...

...'s Karate Bear crewman to be totally rad.
...Is that a spoiler?

edit: Nvm, misread it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Himuro said:
No. They've talked about the forgotten history lots of times. It's what Robin is after with the Poneglyphs and the sole reason why the people of her island were wiped out.
I was talking about the Trafalgar Law thing, I thought he was calling the Heart Pirate's captain the Bear. :lol

Also when is/was this tree thing mentioned?

Steroyd

akachan ningen said:
Yeah, I thought all the DFs were one of a kind? so how do they know what effects they have if you need to eat the entire fruit to find out?

I think Dr Vegapunk was responsible to reading the aura of the fruits and documenting it or something to determine the powers it will give, but it's no garuntee that the powers can be determined 100% of the time, CP9 had 2 Devil Fruit's that were undeterminable until after they were eaten.

The aura thing could probably explain why Spandam's sword "ate" the elephant fruit and the gun that "ate" a Devil fruit to.

Reknoc

Plywood said:
I was talking about the Trafalgar Law thing, I thought he was calling the Heart Pirate's captain the Bear. :lol

:lol No... but he totally should be. What a rad bear.

upandaway said:
Man it'll be nice to have one of those item zoans in the crew.

But they already have a pet!

Does anyone have a good streaming site i can watch episodes at? I don't particularly like to torrent or DL much. I left off amidst Luffy and Franky fighting while trying to get Marry (their ship) fixed. I know i have some dope CP9 stuff coming up and would love to continue my Voyage :D

please and thanks?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure funimation.com is the only site to recommend, but they only have stuff from much earlier and much later in the series than that point.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
There are sites out there, but I don't know if I'm allowed to post them. So I'll just say google is your friend.

onepieceofficial, of course, if he is in North America.

actually, this may work. I think i might just start over again from the beginning. I loved what i saw, so i can't be to upset with it. Thanks for accommodating chaps

Reknoc

Finally onto Amazon Lily.

Oh man the last few episodes of Sabaody were amazing, pretty much none stop action after the Auction House, Apoo's phat beatz, and the last episode is just incredible.

Maron

goldlion054 said:
actually, this may work. I think i might just start over again from the beginning. I loved what i saw, so i can't be to upset with it. Thanks for accommodating chaps

I dunno if that'll be a good place for you since you've said you're in Water 7. The earliest FUNi subbed episodes are from last year, a couple of arcs after that. I know a particular subbing group that has all of the rest of the Water 7 episodes though, so I can help you with that if you're interested.

By the way guys, we'll be getting a new opening on July 18 (when Marineford starts). It's by this band called Rootless and it is titled One Day. Apparently the July 5 issue of JUMP is going to contain info about animated Marineford and the new opening.

37361654.jpg

Arlong Park Source

Griffith said:
Glad we're getting a new opening. I have a feeling it's going to be pretty spoiler heavy though.

Those are the best openings, though.

Hopefully no filler arc to impede the arc (they do that in One Piece right?, I think this past weeks episode was my 10th one watching it, lol). They wouldnt pull a Bleach and give an unrelated filler :(

Woot finally a new opening!!!!!!!!! It feels like its been forever

Really? I feel like it was just yesterday everyone was over reacting to the current episode? I figured this current one would have lasted at least midway through the next arc.

Maron

Reknoc said:
Huh? The earliest is Episode 1 and I'm pretty sure it goes up to Alabasta, but yes after that there's a gap until 391.

Yeah, you're right. it was just that he said he was in Water 7 so I pointed out that the earliest episodes you could find on the website that follow that is 391 and up.

Anyway I honestly didn't have a problem with Kaze wo Sagashite myself, but a new opening is more than welcome after over 30 episodes of it. I just really hope it's not irrelevant shit like Crazy Rainbow. I really don't think this will be a spoiler opening, since there is no way in hell Toei is going to show that scene in it.

VGChampion said:
Really? I feel like it was just yesterday everyone was over reacting to the current episode? I figured this current one would have lasted at least midway through the next arc.

We've had the current opening since November. Time for a change!

upandaway

Maron said:
I really don't think this will be a spoiler opening, since there is no way in hell Toei is going to show that scene in it.
I bet they'll show
Shanks and Blackbeard, but the more offensive one will Shanks. Just seeing him there already kind of ruins the surprise when he really appears.

Not my business though. Everyone should read the manga anyway.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Anth0ny said:
But they really need to cut back on the spoilers in the openings, now more than ever. Seriously Toei, don't fucking go there.
This! I think I'll let you guys screen it for me before I watch. :D

Maron

In order to fit the arc they need something heavy, hard, and powerful.

Sure.
Was the subtext intentional?

I really hate kid Ace's voice...I was hoping they'd just get a woman to do that or something, not an adult man. He sounds so unbelievably stupid.

Crakatak187 said:
Please no more bubblegum J-Pop Crap please. I want something akin to the original first theme.

I feel like if we had something as light-hearted and upbeat as We Are for Marineford, everyone would complain.

Steroyd

New Opening, oh joy.

Crakatak187 said:
Please no more bubblegum J-Pop Crap please. I want something akin to the original first theme.

Awe hell no not for this upcoming arc, it's going to need something epic-like not adventurey.

Crossing my fingers the last OP felt so out of place to what was happening.

Maron

More awesome news for the new Opening! :D

As is mentioned before, there would be a 15-page-long cover story about One Piece in Issue 2010-08 of the Japanese magazine "Nikkei Entertainment!" (「日経エンタ」). The magazine is released today, and the cover story includes a more detailed introduction on the new opening song One Day performed by the band The Rootless. Some details were reported by some users on the Japanese BBS, 2CH.

According to the words of the people in 2CH, the lyrics of the new opening song were decided after a careful selection among thousands of keywords and sentences, which "can fill a whole university notebook"! (「1 冊の大学ノートにキーワードや歌詞がぎっしりで歌詞考えたらしい。」) It may be an exaggeration, though.

In the lyrics, there had been supposed to be a sentence saying that "Your Smiling Face Emerged in the Sky, and That Kind of Future Will Come True from Now On" (「空に君の笑顔浮かべて、そんな未来を今から叶えていこう」) at first. However, these words were modified into "You Should Go on Facing It No Matter How Many Times, For You Don’t Want Precious Things Lost"(「何度も立ち向かい続けよう、大切なもの失いたくないから」) later on.

Because the Marineford Arc is far different from others and it’s full of serious scenes, said one of the One Piece anime stuff, the new opening song will not be vivacious with the theme "dream" and "adventure" like those opening songs before – "protecting what is precious" will be the theme of One Day.

ルフィが兄エースを救出に向かう、今までにない真剣な場面が続くシリーズ。これまでのように夢や冒険という言葉を乗せた元気な曲ではなく、大事なものを守りたいというメッセージを込めたバラードに仕上げてもらった。

People in 2CH also said that the release date of One Day is delayed for it’s selected to be the new opening song of One Piece anime, and the lyrics might be spoilers in a sense if it were released too early.

Source

At the very end they are most likely talking about a delay in releasing the full version of the song. The full version must allude to the events of Marineford.

Maron said:
More awesome news for the new Opening! :D

Source

At the very end they are most likely talking about a delay in releasing the full version of the song. The full version must allude to the events of Marineford.

Well that almost rules out the possibility of the song being a bit too "peachy" lol, for this arc, which is potentially awesome news.

If only we didnt have to wait until next week

Randy

Well that almost rules out the possibility of the song being a bit too "peachy" lol, for this arc, which is potentially awesome news.

So true. :(

Ferrio

Banned
Anyone else think Luffy is going to die at the end of the series? I swear it's being set up for that. His gears take a bit of life everytime he uses them, and he had the hormone treatment from Iva. Thinking he'll be spent by the finale.

Ferrio said:
Anyone else think Luffy is going to die at the end of the series? I swear it's being set up for that. His gears take a bit of life everytime he uses them, and he had the hormone treatment from Iva. Thinking he'll be spent by the finale.

I thought it pointed more towards Luffy becoming the pirate king, lol? Unless he would die at the end in order to protect his nakama.

Steroyd

First time I've been hyped over an opening. :lol Well there was the We Are redux.

Luffy shortening his lifespan is usually just a shounen plot device to make him stronger/pheonix down before his time, he'll die on his own terms not because he overdosed on painkillers or something.

Hell look at Whitebeard, dude is old and on an IV drip and he's about to charge the front lines against Marineford.

upandaway

Well, you must agree at least that Luffy must pay some price for the powerups, right?

Lifespan is pretty much the perfect price to pay from Oda's standpoint: It won't come into play in the series but it still resonates with the readers.

Maron

Actually next week is filler. We won't get the true start of the Marineford arc with the new opening until July 18.

Top Bottom