• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
SpecX said:
This is my all time favorite anime, but I took a break and now I'm trying to catch up to the current episodes. I'm roughly at 370-380 right after Thriller bark. Is there another arc coming up soon or do I have to sit throuh a bunch of filler crap for the next batch of episodes?

Just skip the fillers >_>. Though there aren't any after Thriller... I THINK...

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
So I forget, I remember hearing that Episode 0 shouldn't be watched by anime-only dudes, as maybe it references things in Marineford? At what point do you think it's safe to watch? Should I wait until the arc's over?

Firestorm

I'm pretty sure Strong World and Episode 0 only reference Impel Down. I'll let you know once I watch it.
upandaway said:
Yeah pretty quickly after it came out if I remember right
Yeah I just looked it up. I haven't gone to any of the anime torrent sites since One Piece and FMA (now just OP) was all I watched and I know exactly where to get that. Thanks.

Maron

Tathanen said:
So I forget, I remember hearing that Episode 0 shouldn't be watched by anime-only dudes, as maybe it references things in Marineford? At what point do you think it's safe to watch? Should I wait until the arc's over?

I've seen it, and as someone who's read the manga, you'll be spoiled on certain things that will be revealed in Marineford (only two things though, but it may be pretty annoying to have this stuff revealed with no context). If I was you I'd hold off on watching that for the time being.

Super excited. Been a long time coming. :D

Second best arc incoming. I still think Saobody is the most fun.

Edit: Man, I need to catch up with the movies. I didn't like the Giant Mecha Soldier movie at all so I stopped half way but looking up the movies I realized after that it's the "recap" movies and then Strong World. Kind of excited about that.

So, i just finished the whole CP9 and Enies Lobby stuff along with the leaving of Water 7. Holy balls, this show just keeps getting better. When Luffy and Rob were fighting at the end, i just contain my joy. I hear it gets better, yet. So much awesome

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
From what I could see of it, the new opening seems to be a character reel of sorts that avoids the major spoilers. The various new Devil Fruit powers were the only thing I saw that were 'spoiled'.

grandjedi6

Trickster said:
How's the song?
Sad and slow. Nice song overall; it's nothing like any of the previous One Piece opening songs obviously. On first impression I liked it better than either of the sad/slow ending songs from Water 7.

Reknoc

Dedication Through Light said:
Oh one, they actually put smoker and whatever her name was, in there, lol. awesome.

:lol Poor Tashigi. Not like I'm one to talk, when I last saw her in the manga I wondered what Robin was doing there and it took me a second to realise who she was.

Himuro said:
Tashigi :( She doesn't seem to be Oda-ized in the anime though. So that's good.

well lol, its been so long since I even saw her in the manga nor, I dont think Ive seen her in the anime since I started watching in the middle of Impel Down.

Oh my gosh, seeing so many of the other cast in the show animated, I think Im getting too excited.

grandjedi6

343hl60.jpg

One Piece - Ep 459 - Ticking Down to the Time of Battle! The Navy's Strongest Lineup in Position! (SUB)

The real plot twist of this episode is that Toei managed to avoid any major spoilers in both the episode title and the new opening.

Reknoc

:lol Gross... it's like she's got a Tanuki under her shirt... I've always recognised Robin by her eyes and nose more than her tits though, when she was introduced they were completely different to other One Piece characters, so it was partly that they've seemed to be more normal recently and Tashigi and Smocker not appearing forever.

Anth0ny

Okay, the new OP was great! It fits the arc perfectly. Even though the music was kinda slow... I still like it. 9000x better than OP12.

And wow @ no spoilers. Good job Toei.

Trickster

Himuro said:
Can't wait to see anime only people's reaction

Oh man, hadn't thought about that. Reactions are gonna put a smile on my face :lol

Himuro said:
Fantastic episode. Anime only people are in for a treat.

How is the quality compared to the Impel Down arc? I felt the quality in that arc was often pretty bad unfortunately.

Himuro said:
Fantastic episode. Anime only people are in for a treat.
They should have left
Garp's flashback
until right afterward like in the manga, it's much better when
Sengoku suddenly says it
and you're like "wait, what!?"

grandjedi6

gundamkyoukai said:
Now the only thing that left is to see the lyrics of the song.
I think it also good that Toei went spoiler free.
I remember reading that the song lyrics were written with the arc in mind and the translated lyrics really do show that. They fit the arc far better than the last two songs did.
It's like they were written with the latest manga chapters in mind.

Reknoc

Yea, the song was great and the lyrics fit really well. Great Episode, though I was kinda bummed they didn't end it on Sengoku (whos lines I kept trying to imagine in King Bradley's from FMA english voice).

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Even having read the manga, the tension in this episode was pretty insane. They really nailed it.

I think that might have been the most super duper serious episode in the entire series thus far. :lol

And the opening is pretty perfect. Mostly avoids significant spoilers, has extremely appropriate lyrics, and has a completely different feel to complement the general tone of the arc. Pretty awesome.

Anth0ny

EmCeeGramr said:
They should have left
Garp's flashback
until right afterward like in the manga, it's much better when
Sengoku suddenly says it
and you're like "wait, what!?"

Yeah I agree, didn't like that. But at least we got some AWESOME music to go with it.

And I can't be the only one who laughed out loud when they showed the Marines reactions. And then...

F4gMV.png

DAT KIZARU

Wow at least the episode stopped at an awesome point. Well spoilered in case people didnt see the episode just yet.

I still dont get why people were so shocked in the one piece world at that revelation, the reporter made it seem like it was essentially the worst news ever, lol.

Himuro said:
I still think that
Ace being in his mother's wound for 20 months is fucking stupid
and it's the ONLY plot twist in the entire series I have disagreed with. I still feel the same way a year later. It's fucking stupid.

True, but fuck it..

Every manga does something really stupid and Oda's no exception to the rule.

BTW, this episode was absolutely amazing.

Dedication Through Light said:
Wow at least the episode stopped at an awesome point. Well spoilered in case people didnt see the episode just yet.

I still dont get why people were so shocked in the one piece world at that revelation, the reporter made it seem like it was essentially the worst news ever, lol.
Uh

the most infamous man in world history, who did something nobody ever thought possible and ushered in 22 years and counting of pirate madness, has a son who's following in his footsteps?

Top Bottom