• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Anth0ny

Oh shit they nailed the Garp/Ace scene!!!

And I can't be the only one who cracked up when Dofla started controlling the 13th commander with his middle finger. I thought he flipped him off for a second :lol

v4q13.png

dabig2

Awesome episode once more. Going to need a gif of WB owning that giant and then tossing him like a piece of trash :lol

Next week's episode will be gangsta. Can't wait!

LaneDS

Easystride said:
I forgot how awesome the Jaya arc was. I've been rewatching the series as the episodes come up on Funimation's site, and there has been so many good Chopper moments.

The reason I love this show so much is largely because of the extremely likable cast. That's a small reminder of why; it immediately gets me smiling.

And yes, Jaya was brief but awesome. I'd like Blackbeard to be sort of a gray area character as opposed to outright evil, but I'm not sure I see that happening for a lot of reasons.

Proelite said:
Rewatching some of one piece's funniest moments montages on youtube. Truly the greatest anime/manga of all time.

The reactions to the newest wanted posters are so awesome (Sanji :lol )

Sadly, the (complete) scene in which Robin joins the crew is only available with the English dub it seems, omg I never heard it and it's so awful Oo

Just saw the episode. I've been waiting for this. They handled the Luffy and the rest of the Impel Down escapees falling scene perfectly. Pacing seems to be much better too. Hope they don't screw the rest up since the war gets really epic soon.

Proelite

SolidusDave said:
The reactions to the newest wanted posters are so awesome (Sanji :lol )

Sadly, the (complete) scene in which Robin joins the crew is only available with the English dub it seems, omg I never heard it and it's so awful Oo

watch-onepiece.com episod 130.

LaneDS

Doc Holliday said:
I can't wait to see Shanks in action. His power has been hyped up so much!

I think we're all in that boat. Manga spoiler, sort of:
Even us folks that read the manga, sigh

So any of you guys that used to just watch the anime then decided to start reading the manga.

Are you happy you did? do you still enjoy the anime just as much?

Quicksilva said:
So any of you guys that used to just watch the anime then decided to start reading the manga.

I almost always start an anime before a manga (when available) then switch over when the wait between episodes gets too annoying.

I'm definitely satisfied with my choice and I still love the anime but you tend to notice serious pacing issues, especially when you can absorb the same scene in a fraction of the time. Of course this is true for any long running shounen series adaptation.

smurfx

get some go again
Quicksilva said:

i read the first chapter of one piece and then switched over to the anime and watched till i caught up in the middle of the sky island arc and then switched to the manga. i still watch the anime but i don't enjoy it as much since the anime started doing 1 chapter per episode which really slows down the episode and it usually has shitty filler.

Firestorm

Quicksilva said:

Yes. I switched during the Impel Down arc and am very happy I did. I still watch the anime and enjoy it. The manga has enough content per week that you aren't felt feeling dissatisfied like with Naruto at times. It's better paced as well. Now that you have the voices in your head from the anime, I think it's good to do both.

This way you won't be spoiled on major events either =/

upandaway

I could get someone being skeptical about switching to the manga (I was too), but yeah, I can very clearly say it was a good choice.

I consider the anime's worth to be the animation of certain scenes from the manga, meaning I don't think the anime is as good as the manga overall but in most of the really good moments (the climaxes), the anime is the better experience. So it really doesn't hurt the enjoyment of the anime to read the manga beforehand.

Quicksilva said:

I switch in the Thriller Bark arc mainly because i wanted more One Piece and they just weren't being released fast enough, I still prefer the anime for fighting scenes and music though.

Griffith

Banned
Himuro said:
I AM HAVING ONE PIECE WITHDRAWAL.

NO ONE PIECE MANGA FOR ONE MONTH IS DOING A NUMBER ON MY PSYCHE

HOW MUCH LONGER
11lk30x.jpg

Finally saw they episode, they handled the Garp and Ace scene perfectly. They've been doing a really good job with the arc so far.

Firestorm

Himuro said:

HOW MUCH LONGER
Yeah this is killing me :(

Although I just remembered Naruto still comes out. When there's no One Piece I just forget to even go there.

LaneDS

Himuro said:

HOW MUCH LONGER

Did you finish The Wire? Watch Treme next to help pass the time.

God the anime seem slower than normal for me.
Guess it was because how much faster the manga was when it came to the war .
Wish before the SH broken apart they did some filler or they stop for few weeks but o well.

Anth0ny

Himuro said:
Once again another fantastic episode. There were at least two-three chapters worth of content in that episode.

One, actually. As expected, though :lol

Great episode. Some of those reaction faces were priceless :lol

RagnarokX

Himuro said:
Once again another fantastic episode. There were at least two-three chapters worth of content in that episode.
Huh... it was only 1 chapter of content. They just extended the explanation of how they fell from the sky and added a long segment of Luffy running around the ship he just arrived on looking for Ace. Good episode, though. Love the interactions between Luffy and Whitebeard :D

Top Bottom