• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Good episode.

MadraptorMan said:
I typically don't like to spoil myself, but...somebody PLEASE tell me that Kizaru gets his ass kicked at some point in the future...the way he talks pisses me off so much. Most annoying speech mannerisms in all of One Piece so far for me...and that's saying a lot.

MOSHIIIIIII MOSHHHHHHHHHHHH? I love Kizaru, though he's kind of pompous

*****Either way, somewhat Manga spoilers*****

Nah, by the end of the war, Kizaru doesn't really have any big damage inflicted on him at all, sorry.

*****End Spoilers*****

onepiece476.jpg

Episode 476 - Luffy at the End of his Tether

Here come the big guns.

Edit: Also found the preview http://www.fujitv.co.jp/GPplayer/e/GPplayerJMe.html?anime/onepiece/101128onepiece&type=flv

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
EmCeeGramr said:
...What the hell was with that dumb out-of-character bit with Ivankov and Jinbe at the beginning?

I wouldn't say either was that out of character. Ivankov is known to be goofy, like when he put his head on top of the wall.

Really great episode. This might be the best the anime has ever been.

upandaway

Episode was pretty awesome, but Ivankov was a tad awkward.

spiderman123 said:
how come
when whitebeard used haki on Akoji (when he stabbed him) it didn't work
??
Aokiji probably shaped his body around it to get close to Whitebeard, but maybe it's just some unknown skill

Spoiler? Well whatever I'll mark the whole thing

JDSN

Banned
Kizaru is always so detached from the reality around him, he just casually goes murdering people and I loved how Garp just on the chair almost mocking his superiors, even Aokiji admits he is the shit.

spiderman123 said:
how come
when whitebeard used haki on aokiji (when he stabbed him) it didn't work
??

I think the point was that Whitebeard cant do Haki so he counts on Jozu to fills in for him.

JDSN said:
Kizaru is always so detached from the reality around him, he just casually goes murdering people and I loved how Garp just on the chair almost mocking his superiors, even Aokiji admits he is the shit.

I think the point was that Whitebeard cant do Haki so he counts on Jozu to fills in for him.

Whitebeard can most definitely use Haki

spiderman123 said:
whitebeard can use haki but I can't wait to find out why it didn't work.
maybe use haki to cancel out someone else's haki to keep devil fruit abilities?

Though I also don't know what to think about the fact that Jozu hit him in his ice form. So haki can deal damage to logia users even though they keep their element form?

Father_Mike said:
Is this even possible?

got a week off from school and decided to sit down and watch the entire series. again.,,,,

edit: truth be told i skimmed through some of the episodes. Like the Davy back arc and the white beard (marineford) arc.

Anth0ny

Father_Mike said:
Is this even possible?

I'll be generous and say that an average episode of One Piece, without intros or last episode bullshit is 18 minutes long.

18x476=8568 minutes

That's 142.8 hours. Which is 5.95 days :lol

Anth0ny said:
I'll be generous and say that an average episode of One Piece, without intros or last episode bullshit is 18 minutes long.

18x476=8568 minutes

I'm telling you man :lol i started Friday night and finished Wednesday evening. But again truthfully I skimmed through some of the episodes. Especially the ones i thought were boring

Maron

Anth0ny said:

18x476=8568 minutes

There's also all those filler episodes which wouldn't necessarily count in a marathon of the anime.

upandaway

Dr. Pangloss said:
All the people with the Will of D seem to die protecting someone.

Roger - Ace's birth
The Giant - Robin
And what cannot be mention yet
That could be said about most people who died in the series really (villains like in the Luffy-Shanks deal excluded).

upandaway

It's definitely a tempting ending, but I'd much rather Luffy resolved all the issues that have been opened up considering the conspiracy of the WG and all. I consider Roger's death a defeat (due to bad luck) against the government.

If Luffy ever dies in a similar manner, at least don't have the WG kill him.

Roger was going to die anyway due to his sickness. He didn't care how it happen as long as his dreams were fulfilled, his family lived on and his love of adventure. There is a big theme of control in One Piece. Freedom of the sea vs control of the land. Everyman a king vs established nobility. I could see the WG toppling, but a one piece world without the marines, no way. I'm all for putting Vivi as the head of government with Aokiji running the marines. The pirates cannot be the only power left at the end. I love me some marines: Aokiji, Kizaru, Smoker, Hina, Tashigi, Coby, Helmeppo, Fullbody, Jango, and Garp.

upandaway

Dr. Pangloss said:
Roger was going to die anyway due to his sickness.
Yeah that's what I mean by bad luck.

I'll agree that the marines need to stick, but not when they allow shit like the human trade to pass over them like that.

Well there are always bad marines just as there are bad pirates. I don't see the WG sending Smoker or Garp to protect the slave trade. They would send someone with a lot less scruples like the marine that was working with arlong or someone from CP9. Aokiji knew when to question his orders. He only ever followed them to the letter if it couldn't be helped. Hell, the pirates are involve in the slave trade themselves with Flamingo and those trying to capture Keimi. If you take out the WG/nobility, then the demand is gone and the marines can perform absolute justice.

Even dumb Hancock fantasies couldn't ruin that. Whitebeard's attack seemed kinda lame in comparison to the manga version at first, but HOLY SHIT did it pan out to be amazing. Monster indeed.

Still don't like how they're making it sorta obvious that (don't highlight if you don't know what I'm talking about)
Mr. 3 is one of the replacement executioners.

upandaway

That was a really, really awesome episode. Seriously.

From the preview it doesn't look like the next one will be that good. That'll be too much for Toei.

EmCeeGramr said:
Even dumb Hancock fantasies couldn't ruin that. Whitebeard's attack seemed kinda lame in comparison to the manga version at first, but HOLY SHIT did it pan out to be amazing. Monster indeed.

Still don't like how they're making it sorta obvious that (don't highlight if you don't know what I'm talking about)

Yeah, in the manga, you had to have good eyes and pay close attention to certain panels to spot it.

Ferga

EmCeeGramr said:

fuck my curiousity :lol

Ah well, going to start reading the manga after the war ends. Anime pacing has been pretty crappy lately

and hancock shit is really pissing me off now

smurfx

get some go again
Dr. Pangloss said:
Well I just envision him going out like Roger and starting another pirate era and the cycle goes on.
that would be a pretty bad ending. the one piece story has been building up to the eventual down fall of the world government. roger could not do it so he created a new pirate era so he can get people out to sea hoping somebody would come along and finish what he started. whitebeard seems to think luffy is the one that roger was waiting for. i see luffy dying at the end of the manga but managing to bring down the world government with him and creating a new era where there is no world government and the people around the world are free. coby would then be revealed to be a admiral and he would be guarding the seas.

Top Bottom