• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Was Roger really against the world government? I always got the impression that he didn't care one way or another. I know the government did not like him due to his fame as the Pirate King and wanted to crush the resistance to their rule by stamping him out. That back fired on them due to his last words. Luffy doesn't really care about the government either. He only attacks those that hurt his friends and family. The only force against the government itself is the revolutionaries. Just as an aside, I am all for the world government collapsing but history is all about the repetition of cycles. Take out one element, then something comes along and replaces it. Just look at our naval history:

Spanish>Destruction of the Armada>Britain>WWII>United States

You could use the same thing for top pirate:

Roger>Whitebeard>Luffy???

Anth0ny

Holy shit that was an awesome episode. The Luffy punch (kinda ruined by flashbacks we've seen THREE TIMES in the last couple of episode) and the Whitebeard attack were just insane. And the haki, of course.

The "Hancock! YES!" scene had me cracking up, especially when Kuma's voice came in :lol

Raxus

Nemesis121 said:
How many more eps until War is over?
If they keep it up one chapter an episode (
about 11 I think depending your definition of when the war is over and when the arc ends
)

sphagnum

Banned
I just realized that means we're not going to reach
the 2 year time skip
until late summer/fall 2011. :lol Maybe even later if they throw in some filler.

sphagnum

Banned
I really want someone to cut down all these episodes after they're over and just leave the stuff from the manga to see how much faster it would go...like a One Piece Kai.

Entropia

No One Remembers
sphagnum said:
I just realized that means we're not going to reach
the 2 year time skip
until late summer/fall 2011. :lol Maybe even later if they throw in some filler.

There are that many chapters between
those two events
that it would take that long?? Dammit.

sphagnum

Banned
Entropia said:
There are that many chapters between
those two events
that it would take that long?? Dammit.

I overestimated it a bit from memory, but yeah, right around halfway through the year assuming 1 chapter per episode, no filler episodes, and no weeks where it's off the air. There's 10 chapters now until
the end of the war
and 17 chapters after that before
the time skip

Ferga

sphagnum said:
I really want someone to cut down all these episodes after they're over and just leave the stuff from the manga to see how much faster it would go...like a One Piece Kai.

yeah i'd love that. It'll be like a 3-4 hour movie :D

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
There's gonna be hella filler
after the war, a timeskip is always the perfect opportunity to give the manga some space from the anime
. So the Summer/Fall 2011 guesstimates sound about right.

smurfx

get some go again
i don't see there being much filler if any. they are doing 1 chapter per episode so they don't need to add filler. the days of them fitting in 2 chapters per episode are long gone. only way we will get them back is if the anime takes a long break.

Wiseblade

Nemesis121 said:
I am have caught up........... so far it good but not OMG worthy the way Manga GaF was going every week.
Yeah, this arc has kind of been let down by poor animation quality and pacing. The manga had a real "race against time" desperation to it that has been lost in translation.

smurfx

get some go again
Nemesis121 said:
I am have caught up........... so far it good but not OMG worthy the way Manga GaF was going every week.
are you talking about the manga or the anime? if its the anime then pfft it hardly compares to the manga.

Anth0ny

Nemesis121 said:
I have caught up........... so far it good but not OMG worthy the way Manga GaF was going every week.

The manga was so much better.

Those were so fun weeks in the manga thread. Every post pretty much consisted of:

One Piece

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK

for 30 weeks :lol

Anth0ny said:
The manga was so much better.

Those were so fun weeks in the manga thread. Post pretty much consisted of:

One Piece

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK

for 30 weeks :lol

Yeah pretty much, I am rather disappointed with the way it's been handled, the animation just doesn't live up to the epicness of what is happening. Which is a shame, cause in the past OP has had excellent animation for big events.

CSSer

One Piece - Ep 480 - Each on Different Paths! Luffy vs. Garp!

ES_ONE_PIECE_480.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Final scene was pretty damn awesome. They really went all out for it.

Lots of filler in this episode, though. Not at all surprising, though. If the primary events in the chapter played out in exactly the way they were presented with no padding this episode would have been about 2 minutes long. :lol

The Sengoku scene was so awkward. Luffy lands on the platform and Sengoku just stands there while Luffy fumbles around with the key for like two minutes until finally Kizaru decides to shoot the key.

sphagnum said:
I overestimated it a bit from memory, but yeah, right around halfway through the year assuming 1 chapter per episode, no filler episodes, and no weeks where it's off the air. There's 10 chapters now until
the end of the war
and 17 chapters after that before
the time skip

Woah. Didn't realize there were 17. Those went by soooo fast.

Maron

grandjedi6 said:

One Piece - Ep 481 - Ace Rescued! Whitebeard's Final Order! (SUB)

No episode next week. I would also recommend that all 2 of you who remain unspoiled about future events refrain from watching the preview.

Seriously. 482 has a horrible episode title too.

But with last week, I'm finally at the point where I can watch the anime weekly again, since I was getting really impatient on waiting for Ace to get freed in the anime. Now that the anime has reached this point I can stay entertained.

Maron

I can't really get very upset at Toei for this, especially considering how chapter 574 was titled. :lol

The preview could've been a lot more spoileriffic all things considered.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Maron said:
I can't really get very upset at Toei for this, especially considering how chapter 574 was titled. :lol

The preview could've been a lot more spoileriffic all things considered.
Even worse is the fact that Volume 59 shares the same title as Chapter 574. Can you imagine when that thing finally starts getting sold on Amazon and such? Spoilers galore!

Maron

True. At least the US magazine has already covered 574 in the January issue, but yeah, not everyone is subscribed to the US Shonen Jump.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
About to watch this episode.

Unspoiled, don't read:

To everyone warning about not watching previews and episode titles, that's basically a spoiler in itself considering the events, isn't it? :lol

sphagnum

Banned
Stat Flow said:
About to watch this episode.

Unspoiled, don't read:

To everyone warning about not watching previews and episode titles, that's basically a spoiler in itself considering the events, isn't it? :lol

Well, it gives away that SOMETHING big is going to happen, but not necessarily what. I don't think people saying "Don't watch the preview!" would automatically indicate that Ace dies.

Neo C.

Neo C. said:
Let's see if I can hold myself back from watching the preview. :(
Well, thanks a lot, wikipedia...

I just wanted to look for the VA of Akainu, and there's a spoiler in the description. :mad:

Anth0ny

Neo C. said:
Well, thanks a lot, wikipedia...

I just wanted to look for the VA of Akainu, and there's a spoiler in the description. :mad:

that sucks, should have just asked this thread.

let that be a warning to all of you anime only peeps. DON'T USE THE INTERNET.

Top Bottom