• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Anth0ny

Akainu is a pretty cool guy. Mother fucker gets the job done.

Someone please make a gif of him taking his hat off and rubbing his hands through his hair. I was dying :lol

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Anth0ny said:

Someone please make a gif of him taking his hat off and rubbing his hands through his hair. I was dying :lol
Akainu really is a master troll. :lol

Griffith

Banned
Anth0ny said:

yNAjS.gif

Think it's time to start watching the anime again. I can marathon most of the war now and hopefully the pacing won't bother me as much.

Ezalc

Well I fucking love how much of an asshole Akainu is, trolling everybody. Can't wait for next episode though, it has the face!

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Jexemad said:
Who the fuck directed 482? They ruined some of the most important scenes of the series!!

I agree. Luffy's reaction face wasn't detailed at all! 483 better be animated nicely as shit.

Things were going great until that face at the end, but it was like that in the manga too. Still, a very emotional episode that I think was handled pretty well.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Deadly said:
That was kind of disappointing, it was much much more emotional in the manga somehow. It just didn't seem to click

My guess is manga-readers have had a year to register it so the impact isn't as huge.

I thought they did a good job.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Griffith said:
Looks like they edited
Akainu taking off half Whitebeard's face and changed it to only half his mustache.
I knew they would censor it, but it's still disappointing.

God fucking dammit. The one thing I wanted to see!

Atleast...
Blackbeard shows up soon with his new band of merry men!

Griffith said:
Looks like they edited
Akainu taking off half Whitebeard's face and changed it to only half his mustache.
I knew they would censor it, but it's still disappointing.

THAT WHAT MADE HIM BADASS JESUS !!!.

i'm actually kind of amazed

there was one panel for buggy and mr. 3 in the chapter, and toei just showed one shot for each, instead of extrapolating those into 5 minutes of inappropriate filler

Ezalc

The face! It's just as freakishly creepy as I remember.

Anyway, Akainu is an amazing villain. Stone cold motherfucker. Kinda wished that they didn't censor the episode though. Still that was awesome.

I don't get that shit with the haki though, he shoudl have been basically dead from those two blows.

zlatko

Banned
Really liked 482 and 483. Just watched 483 and I haven't ever read the manga, but I thought they did an excellent job. It was really tearing at me.

This whole arc has really made me think of not only how far Luffy and his crew has come, but also how crazy different things are going to be from now on once they get back on the ship to adventures if they can even do that considering how big the target on Luffy's head will be now.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :(

Ezalc said:
I don't get that shit with the haki though, he shoudl have been basically dead from those two blows.

Aokiji got stabbed through the midsection by Whitebeard, and pirates thought it was a haki attack that should have killed him.

Maybe haki isn't as "hax" as it's made out to be, and there are ways for Logia users or haki users to negate or reduce its effects. If that's the case, it'll probably be explained in the future. Oda never leaves little details like that just hanging.

EmCeeGramr said:
i'm actually kind of amazed

there was one panel for buggy and mr. 3 in the chapter, and toei just showed one shot for each, instead of extrapolating those into 5 minutes of inappropriate filler

Did that doctor guy go up to Ace in the manga? I don't remember that.

Ezalc

EmCeeGramr said:
Aokiji got stabbed through the midsection by Whitebeard, and pirates thought it was a haki attack that should have killed him.

Maybe haki isn't as "hax" as it's made out to be, and there are ways for Logia users or haki users to negate or reduce its effects. If that's the case, it'll probably be explained in the future. Oda never leaves little details like that just hanging.

I hope so, while this whole war arc was interesting I never understood why all the really powerful people didn't use Haki to begin with and just annihilate everybody.

The arc isn't impressive so far for me. The music at times doesn't fit the scene. The "war sounds" aren't there plus they've haven't made certain scenes emotional enough. The manga has done a way better job depicting Ace's final act, emotions and flashbacks.

ezekial45

Banned
I REALLY want to get back into this series, but i've only seen episodes 1-15. I'm tempted to just read the One Piece wiki and try to watch the latest episode.

ezekial45 said:
I REALLY want to get back into this series, but i've only seen episodes 1-15. I'm tempted to just read the One Piece wiki and try to watch the latest episode.

The most recent episode is literally THE WORST place to start.

Ezalc said:
The face! It's just as freakishly creepy as I remember.

Anyway, Akainu is an amazing villain. Stone cold motherfucker. Kinda wished that they didn't censor the episode though. Still that was awesome.

The twitches leading up it made the end a little surreal for me.

Top Bottom