• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Cool, I don't remember the exact order of things after the war; But I do know a few chapters I've been dying to see will appear soon.

All in all I liked the war arc a lot better in the manga, but some episodes ended up animating pretty well.

Kaizer

Banned
Ya know, I could totally see this arc being remade as a movie in the near future like "Episode of Alabasta" or the Chopper one. I've actually really enjoyed the episodes with this arc moreso than some here. I know the flashback is coming up but I wonder if they're going to do some fillers after that since the manga isn't that far ahead.

Wow, after watching 8 or so more episodes yesterday (Luffy arrives through the fight with Zoro and Sanji against those two fishmen), and seeing this episode, I must say that they have really improved the character models greatly (huge hands and feet, to know normal sized, better coloring)...still could use more improvements

----
After seeing the Pacifistas and then one who was standing off on his own in this episode, I have to wonder, was the one standing on his own, the real Kuma? Im dying to know what happened to him.

Griffith

Banned
Kaizer said:
Ya know, I could totally see this arc being remade as a movie in the near future like "Episode of Alabasta" or the Chopper one. I've actually really enjoyed the episodes with this arc moreso than some here. I know the flashback is coming up but I wonder if they're going to do some fillers after that since the manga isn't that far ahead.
There isn't really any need for a filler arc since they'll never catch the manga with each episode only covering one chapter. Although they do have the perfect opportunity to do fillers coming up if they wanted to. I think it'd be better if they animate the cover stories instead of doing filler though.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dedication Through Light said:
After seeing the Pacifistas and then one who was standing off on his own in this episode, I have to wonder, was the one standing on his own, the real Kuma? Im dying to know what happened to him.
Yes, that was Kuma. Kuma always carries a Bible with him (even after his brainwashing). The Pacifistas do not.

Anth0ny

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the war at Marineford would make an awesome movie. It was a mere 32 chapters, many of which were 15 pages or less.

It's also the most important arc of One Piece so far, and is clearly the halfway point of the series. Watching this as a 2 hour feature with ace animation would be god like, and unlike the Alabasta arc, it would actually work as a feature.

Anth0ny said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again: the war at Marineford would make an awesome movie. It was a mere 32 chapters, many of which were 15 pages or less.

It's also the most important arc of One Piece so far, and is clearly the halfway point of the series. Watching this as a 2 hour feature with ace animation would be god like, and unlike the Alabasta arc, it would actually work as a feature.

I think it could work, if all flashbacks, spare Garp + Luffy + Ace, were eliminated as wel as Captn Buggy moments.

EmCeeGramr said:
Best part, as pointed out in the manga thread when it happened, was how each of those Red-Haired crew members appeared at the very beginning of the manga.

They're gotten a bit beefier in the last seven years.

We've seen glimpses of them throughout the series I believe. Shanks' crew is a pretty big story point even though they aren't featured much what with being a big part of Luffy's passion for becoming a pirate and Usopp's dad in the crew.

I've been catching up on One Piece via Hulu and I am nearing the end of the 3rd season. There is a huge jump to the 10th season after that. Where would be a good place to go to watch seasons 4-9?

BTW, I'm so glad they ditched the princess. I did not want her to become a full time member of the cast. The addition of Niko Robbin was kind of out of left field.

Man I wish they went ahead and aired this today...I understand the earthquake situation and all, but literally every single station here in Japan is covering the aftermath...would have been nice to have a little normalcy for the kids and such.

Steroyd

SolidusDave said:
At least we're already past the episode with Blackbeard's earthquakes and the following tsunami for Sabaody...

One wonders if that would have been handled differently if the timing sucked.

I don't think so. At the very most delayed.

I've never been put into such an extreme situation but I don't think you can really compare them like that. I've been in horrible hurricanes where part of my roof was blown off but when I see hurricanes in fictional media it doesn't bother me. Please don't think I'm comparing something so much smaller to the recent tragedy in Japan though. Just my 2 cents on it.

Anth0ny

SolidusDave said:
At least we're already past the episode with Blackbeard's earthquakes and the following tsunami for Sabaody...

that's what I was thinking.

If the anime was 2 or 3 episodes behind, we would have had to see the quake quake fruit in action, causing a god damn Tsunami on island of Marineford.

I mean, that's just blatant. I'm not sure what they would have done there... you can't really sugar coat it either.

Steroyd

Dedication Through Light said:
Wow, I thought they would surely go into filler, but that SJ scan of the new opening announcement (mar 27) kind of makes me think otherwise.

Filler episodes in One Piece usually only last a couple of episodes, besides they can extend the gap between Manga and Anime by showing us what the rest of the SH's are up to.

Well according to funimations tweet, looks like 490 is still on schedule for this weekend. So cant wait to see it and move on to the next events. But it comes on an hour later, gah! Stupid DST...I think it will be the first animated arc of One Piece that Id have watched in full

Anth0ny

ICallItFutile said:
Didn't expect a new episode with the recent catastrophe. Nice surprise! :D

The actually wasn't an episode last week due to the disaster. I guess programming is slowly returning to normal over in Japan.

As for this episode, all I need to say is:

1. Great episode.

2. Bepo is awesome.

If he is alive, then he has a peg leg now. My golden rule in one piece is there needs to a clear showing that he died. Otherwise I always assume he lived.

Glad the war is over. It was a decent arc, but I felt it dragged a lot. Now as the blues brothers say, "We are getting the band back together." I missed Chopper and Sanji.

Anth0ny said:
The My Little Pony thread has more posts than the One Piece thread.

I rage'd.

Both have more than the Bleach thread and I ain't even mad :(

Anyway, I did like Boa and Bepo(sp)? interaction with each other, it had some chuckle worthy moments
tumblr_lidzx9EwQu1qzk4cro1_500.png

Hmm, even though the earthquake couldn't affect the anime on TV, it's going to affect One Piece Unlimited Cruise SP (3DS).

http://www.andriasang.com/e/posts/2011/03/26/270307/

The effects of the March 11 earthquake and tsunami affected One Piece Unlimited Cruise SP through more than just a delay. According to the Sinobi retailer blog, retailers were also instructed to destroy DVDs containing a promotional video for the game.

The reason Namco Bandai wanted the DVD destroyed is because of a special ability used by the game's Shirohige character. Shirohige is capable of causing earthquakes, and one scene in the promo video shows this skill to cause a tsunami.

Namco Bandai is still promoting the game, though. Following the delay, it provided a big screenshot blast, so it looks like they're still trying to keep the game in player minds.

Anth0ny

The reason Namco Bandai wanted the DVD destroyed is because of a special ability used by the game's Shirohige character. Shirohige is capable of causing earthquakes, and one scene in the promo video shows this skill to cause a tsunami.

That's what I'm talking about. The Marineford arc would have been fucked if it didn't wrap up when it did.

I've heard good things about Toriko and want to check it out but the online versions look so rough. English text on Japanese text? Bleh.

Actually, it looks like Amazon has the first volume. I may check that out.

Anth0ny said:
The My Little Pony thread has more posts than the One Piece thread.

I rage'd.

Yeah but that's half arguments. This is just anime. If this was for Manga and Anime it would be huge.

Top Bottom