• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Oh my, so many ads for Kinect...I would have thought the commanders and Marco would have at least made it back to some of Whitebeard's lands to control and such, instead of appearing to just have vanished without a trace. Boa's granny is in the way!

Damn Hulu got much more annoying with double ads since the last time I watched One Piece and before I thought it was annoying at 30 seconds. Now it's 45-60.

Cwarrior

Poor luffy :(

yes final getting to a point where I don't know what’s coming next, since those fuckers in the manga thread ruin marine ford for me with there god dame spoiler pics.

Come into thread scroll past all one piece related chat then only to get blinded by major spoiler pic fuuuuuuuuk.

Steroyd

Really feeling for Luffy at least he didn't try to stay away from reality for too long.

Cwarrior said:
Poor luffy :(

yes final getting to a point where I don't know what’s coming next, since those fuckers in the manga thread ruin marine ford for me with there god dame spoiler pics.

Come into thread scroll past all one piece related chat then only to get blinded by major spoiler pic fuuuuuuuuk.

The manga thread's existance is a giant spoiler to anime only people for all anime's, why did you even go in there?

Cwarrior

Steroyd said:
Really feeling for Luffy at least he didn't try to stay away from reality for too long.

The manga thread's existance is a giant spoiler to anime only people for all anime's, why did you even go in there?

I came in to see people weekly rage on naruto,bleach and weird manga recommendation(Masturbation Master Kurosawa).

Don't care about other anime spoilers apart from one piece since the anime actually good.

Cwarrior

Steroyd said:
But the manga is better paced and there's no filler, why not enjoy both?

I also read the manga right after watching the anime to compare (wb face brunt off)

The manga does have better pacing but some scenes are done better in the anime especially thanks to the epic music, also there some great filler in there some times(g8 and funny jokes).

Cwarrior said:
I also read the manga right after watching the anime to compare (wb face brunt off)

The manga does have much better pacing but some scenes are done better in the anime especially thanks to the epic music, also there some great filler in there some times(g8 and funny jokes).

Really? I thought the anime does pacing pretty well as compared to the manga, plus its much clearer and such. Im still impressed with the music (even though it seems they are still using music from the first season, which implies they needed to add new tracks...

Steroyd

Cwarrior said:

The manga does have much better pacing but some scenes are done better in the anime especially thanks to the epic music, also there some great filler in there some times(g8 and funny jokes).

Wow I'm impressed you were able to stop, where the anime is upto in the manga.

And waiting for the anime counterpart of what I've already read is part of teh fuuuuuuuuuuuuun. \(^_^)/
But it's true that Sogekings theme song delivered on the epic lulz thanks to the sniper island song.

Cwarrior

Dedication Through Light said:
Really? I thought the anime does pacing pretty well as compared to the manga, plus its much clearer and such. Im still impressed with the music (even though it seems they are still using music from the first season, which implies they needed to add new tracks...

They add new tracks to there existing library when ever a new one piece movie is released

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03Rf823NuGE
example new movie 10 track

There tons of scene there done way better in the anime example bon clay farewell,oars jr part,kuma vs zoro, franky vs fukoro, ussop fights,brook back story and tons others

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FryUQsV0pE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0gGhrrgUWs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqgid-ob6Rc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_92qM_6-2o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulQl1aQ8S6M&feature=related

if ask me i like the anime even more

Hah yes, someone made one from my favorite scene in the episode. My boa!
tumblr_lisa9lPRpy1qdjjwuo1_500.gif

who do you guys think the 2nd most ridiculous-looking character in OP is? (since #1 is obviously scratchmen apoo)

I'm going with Daisy. (the one in the green top)

DzqFO.jpg

akachan ningen said:
who do you guys think the 2nd most ridiculous-looking character in OP is? (since #1 is obviously scratchmen apoo)

DzqFO.jpg

Her on the far left is the 'hottest' looking character imo.

Entropia

No One Remembers
akachan ningen said:

http://i.imgur.com/DzqFO.jpg

In that image you really think that the one in the green top is not only the weirdest looking one but also the 2nd most in all of OP? Look to the right. That is much weirder. :p

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Steroyd said:
The tricks they pull to further the distance between Manga and Anime... *shakes head*

Well to be fair, it was to promote the first episode of Torico. There is also a Torico/One piece (3D CG movie) double feature playing in theaters right now as well.

Entropia said:
In that image you really think that the one in the green top is not only the weirdest looking one but also the 2nd most in all of OP? Look to the right. That is much weirder. :p
it's just a kid who doesn't know how to apply makeup properly. not that weird.

Does anyone know if Kazuki Yao (voice of Franky, Bon Clay) ever reported he was alive? I think he was missing or something after the earthquake.

Franky wasn't in the Toriko episode, was he?

aechris

cosmicblizzard said:
Does anyone know if Kazuki Yao (voice of Franky, Bon Clay) ever reported he was alive? I think he was missing or something after the earthquake.

Kappei Yamaguchi (Usopp) posted in his blog that everyone's okay.

c0069859_154876.jpg

I liked the new opening. A lot of good memories. I wouldn't care about filler of the rest of the crew and how they became stronger. If they only do say 5 episodes per crew mate, then that would be another 40 episodes (Luffy not included).
I guess they would do it like Naruto: do it right before the time skip.

Wow this opening song, just makes me want to get up and dance, that beat. Dont really understand why they put all that flashback stuff in the opening. Great to see Zoro again! Watched the opening at least 4 times.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
That was a really high quality opening for Toei. Plus they managed to have a event-appropriate opening without spoiling anything for once!

grandjedi6 said:
That was a really high quality opening for Toei. Plus they managed to have a event-appropriate opening without spoiling anything for once!
The last opening was pretty good and totally fit what happened. It "spoiled" some fruit powers but nothing major.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
cosmicblizzard said:
I like the new OP, but it does make me think there's gonna be a ton of filler. Not really sure how that's gonna work.
There's already a minimum of 15 episodes to cover between the Sabo Arc and the rest of the Post-War Arc, assuming a 1:1 chapter-to-episode ratio, and that's assuming they don't stretch each Straw Hat's story to a full episode each. If they did that, there'd be more than 20 total, which is easily enough to justify a new OP.

Considering the shortest-lived openings in the series have been 5, 14, and 22 episodes in length (two of which already being shorter than the bare minimum that this one would have to cover), it's certainly within the realm of possibility that there won't be any filler at all beyond slightly fleshing out events from the manga.

Also, the new opening is totally awesome.

MetatronM said:
There's already a minimum of 15 episodes to cover between the Sabo Arc and the rest of the Post-War Arc, assuming a 1:1 chapter-to-episode ratio, and that's assuming they don't stretch each Straw Hat's story to a full episode each. If they did that, there'd be more than 20 total, which is easily enough to justify a new OP.

I wish they would do more than just 1:1 if it wasn't a heavy chapter. I'd rather filler specific episodes than padded continuity.

Maron

Dedication Through Light said:
Wow this opening song, just makes me want to get up and dance, that beat. Dont really understand why they put all that flashback stuff in the opening. Great to see Zoro again! Watched the opening at least 4 times.

You read the manga, you should know that
the Straw Hats have those same flashbacks to when they met Luffy right after his flashback to meeting Ace and Sabo ended. Plus there's the fact that this will likely be the last opening before the timeskip...

akachan ningen said:

DzqFO.jpg

She's strange looking, but there's no way she's the 2nd weirdest looking character in OP.

Anth0ny

Very good OP song. The animation was awesome as well. Seeing all the older scenes in HD animation was great.

Wonder how long it's gonna last... manga readers know what I'm talking about.

The episode was nice too. Great animation and Dadan's voice actor is a good choice.

Maron

Anth0ny said:
Very good OP song. The animation was awesome as well. Seeing all the older scenes in HD animation was great.

Wonder how long it's gonna last... manga readers know what I'm talking about.

The episode was nice too. Great animation and Dadan's voice actor is a good choice.

It'll last throughout the
flashback and the stuff leading up to the timeskip. I'm expecting the timeskip and the stuff happening after it to be padded out long enough.

Someone on AP I think pointed out how the OP starts off with a look at all three characters that have worn the Straw Hat. I honestly didn't notice that they were all owners when I first saw this opening, but it was a really cool touch on Toei's part.

Shift from AP made an English adaptation of the new Opening. Here's his lyrics if anyone wants to sing along to Fight Together.

We’re heading out as the day begins again,
Toward a future remaining so uncertain,
But we chose our path and feel no regret,
(Oh, I know what I’m supposed to do)
Despite the trials that lie somewhere up ahead,
My beating heart will not stop while I live committed,
There’s just one last place where I have to go,
(Fly to the light!)

The bonds we’ve built while deep in battle still stay strong, (That’s right!)
Whoever comes to face us won’t break a single one, (That’s right!)
When I unclench the fist I’ve held for so long,
I will find a new power arising,

It’s time to begin!
The world beyond our own calls out to greet us,
We just have to find it!
No matter how the oceans try to keep us far apart,
I’m always there, right by your side,
You’re stronger than you realize,
Never forget that
We fight together!

I’ve never spoiled the memory,
The day I gazed in wonder,
Saw the sky so vast above me,
With much more to see,
Up to now we’ve come along so very far,
Each with a pledge we’ve held so deep within our heart,
There isn’t a doubt,
Dreams are left still to carry out!

The sun will soon rise,
Unlikely as it seems, it will cut through our sorrow,
I’ll always believe in
The future that will see us form one piece and make us whole,
Let’s go and find what we deserve,
I can’t replace the friends I’ve earned,
Always remember,
We fight together!

Steroyd

Ah Naruto was Sabo, I was sure I recognised the voice just wasn't sure where ( hasn't watched the anime for months).

Didn't Ichigo voice Marco in the last arc to lol.

I laughed at Luffy's inability to lie.

Top Bottom