• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
FINALLY Mihawk. I started playing just after he appeared for the first time, and I've felt so left out ever since. He seems to be by far the most important "staple" Raid Boss, and Bandai Namco decided to wait 2+ months to bring him back -_-

My slasher team has had to slum it with an Arlong Captain :)

Anyone link me to any good Mihawk guides? I'm actually a little caught off guard... not 100% sure I can farm him, since I don't have G3.

Tidd

Anyone with a high level Vivi? Want to do training island with Laboon/Vivi strategy.

But none of my friends using Vivi atm ;_;

I'm pretty sure that this won't work. There are too many enemies per stage with a lot of HP and the same cool down counter.

FINALLY Mihawk. I started playing just after he appeared for the first time, and I've felt so left out ever since. He seems to be by far the most important "staple" Raid Boss, and Bandai Namco decided to wait 2+ months to bring him back -_-

My slasher team has had to slum it with an Arlong Captain :)

Anyone link me to any good Mihawk guides? I'm actually a little caught off guard... not 100% sure I can farm him, since I don't have G3.

What characters do you have? There are a couple of guides out there, but it depends on what characters you have available. The easiest strategy is to use Vivi/Laboon. After that, you should be able to use the Double Mihawk strategy that Qmzn posted about a while back.

GDJustin

What characters do you have? There are a couple of guides out there, but it depends on what characters you have available. The easiest strategy is to use Vivi/Laboon. After that, you should be able to use the Double Mihawk strategy that Qmzn posted about a while back.

~50s G2 Luffy, Arlong, Alvida, Morgan.

Was planning on just seeing if that team + GP Usopp could farm Mihawk, honestly. It's not an impressive lineup but he only has like 1.1 million HP - I didn't check a damage calculator but it seemed doable. I'd have 4 turns - 1 with Alvida, 3 more with GP Usopp.

Edit: I just looked at a DMG calculator, and that team + Monster Chopper friend does 1.1 million dmg. That team + G3 does just under 1.1 million dmg. So both options just barely can't do it, even hitting all perfects. Lame. I'm 100K dmg short.

Tidd

~50s G2 Luffy, Arlong, Alvida, Morgan.

Was planning on just seeing if that team + GP Usopp could farm Mihawk, honestly. It's not an impressive lineup but he only has like 1.1 million HP - I didn't check a damage calculator but it seemed doable. I'd have 4 turns - 1 with Alvida, 3 more with GP Usopp.

Should be doable with a Gear 3 friend

FbYPTvsl.png

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I'm struggling to remember, so this means Mihawk will be out on Thursday NIGHT and until FRIDAY @ 11pm, right? I have off on Friday, so that means that I'm going to max that bitch's special this week. Hell yah.

Tidd

I'm struggling to remember, so this means Mihawk will be out on Thursday NIGHT and until FRIDAY @ 11pm, right? I have off on Friday, so that means that I'm going to max that bitch's special this week. Hell yah.

For me he's out at 5am on the 16th July so it should be 7pm OP:TC time on the 15th.

That looks like its with a maxed Merry. I'm 1.2x Merry.

Yeah you're right! With a 1.2x Merry you would do 264k damage per turn. Still doable in 4 turns. And with orb luck even faster.

GDJustin

Yeah you're right! With a 1.2x Merry you would do 264k damage per turn. Still doable in 4 turns. And with orb luck even faster.

I don't think that's right - that's what I was saying - I think I'm just short. That gives me 1,056,000 dmg. Mihawk has 1,180,000 HP. So with some orb luck I could do it, but I'm just as likely to have mis-matched orbs, so I can't count on that. Can't farm with it.

What am I missing?

Tidd

I don't think that's right - that's what I was saying - I think I'm just short. That gives me 1,056,000 dmg. Mihawk has 1,180,000 HP. So with some orb luck I could do it, but I'm just as likely to have mis-matched orbs, so I can't count on that. Can't farm with it.

What am I missing?

My bad <.< You're totally right. Somehow I assumed Mihawk has exactly 1.000.000 HP. Then I don't think there is any way you could beat him consistently.

What am I missing?

No, you're right. Also, that Monster Chopper team is even worse, because your HP would be so low that you wouldn't be able to survive his pre-emptive attack.

Do you have a Laboon you could use to get the initial Mihawk?

GDJustin

No, you're right. Also, that Monster Chopper team is even worse, because your HP would be so low that you wouldn't be able to survive his pre-emptive attack.

Do you have a Laboon you could use to get the initial Mihawk?

I can Vivi/Laboon for the first Mihawk, yeah. But with a base CD of 30+, can Mihawk/Mihawk really have their CDs up by the time the boss fight rolls around?

I can Vivi/Laboon for the first Mihawk, yeah. But with a base CD of 30+, can Mihawk/Mihawk really have their CDs up by the time the boss fight rolls around?

You can with the strategy that Qmzn posted. Problem is, I just remembered that it requires either you being able to immediately evolve the first Mihawk, or having a Max Merry and a Level 80+ Arlong.

Maybe one of those options is viable? Probably not though, since you have such late notice. If not, doesn't look like you'll be able to straight up farm him. You can still try to get as many copies as possible with the Laboon/Vivi strat, but it would literally probably take you 24 hours to max special him, and even that might be generous. Sorry buddy.

GDJustin

You can with the strategy that Qmzn posted. Problem is, I just remembered that it requires either you being able to immediately evolve the first Mihawk, or having a Max Merry and a Level 80+ Arlong.

Maybe one of those options is viable? Probably not though, since you have such late notice. If not, doesn't look like you'll be able to straight up farm him. You can still try to get as many copies as possible with the Laboon/Vivi strat, but it would literally probably take you 24 hours to max special him, and even that might be generous. Sorry buddy.

Ah well. I'm still happy to finally get him at all. Like every other raid boss, I'll probably grab one copy and then farm him the next time he comes around.

TC is so finely balanced that starting just ~5-6 weeks after launch like I did leaves me feeling like I'm always just slightly behind. I've been able to scrape by each raid and each fortnight, always feeling like I'm playing catch-up. Dumped a ton of turtles into my QCK team before MC, into my INT team before Garp, into my STR team before Khalifa, and now into PSY team to prep for the next raid, and so-on. Next turtles need to go into DEX units for the next fortnight, too. And all those key units are only lvl 50-60.

I guess on the bright side, things are going to finally start evening out. I'll finally have all my key units of all 5 colors up to lvl 50-60 when I pump up my DEX team. Then after that it's just about making people stronger and stronger, making content easier to clear. The 2+ month "catch up" phase might finally be ending.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Ah well. I'm still happy to finally get him at all. Like every other raid boss, I'll probably grab one copy and then farm him the next time he comes around.

TC is so finely balanced that starting just ~5-6 weeks after launch like I did leaves me feeling like I'm always just slightly behind. I've been able to scrape by each raid and each fortnight, always feeling like I'm playing catch-up. Dumped a ton of turtles into my QCK team before MC, into my INT team before Garp, into my STR team before Khalifa, and now into PSY team to prep for the next raid, and so-on. Next turtles need to go into DEX units for the next fortnight, too. And all those key units are only lvl 50-60.

I guess on the bright side, things are going to finally start evening out. I'll finally have all my key units of all 5 colors up to lvl 50-60 when I pump up my DEX team. Then after that it's just about making people stronger and stronger, making content easier to clear. The 2+ month "catch up" phase might finally be ending.

It's more like getting ready though. I've been doing the same thing for all the raid bosses, my yellow units were like at 60 and now they're all MAX. That's what keeps the game fun. Aimlessly leveling up units with no goal is kinda boring (unless it's a bombtastic unit)

Hana-Bi

Damn, Mihawk timing is really bad. :(

Won't be able to farm him at all and I really need a max skill leveled Mihawk...

Well, maybe he's back in September...

Qmzn

Neo Member
but it would literally probably take you 24 hours to max special him, and even that might be generous.

Vivi+Laboon takes around 30 minutes on a good day, so even with psychotic dedication and wasted stamina, he'll probably only end up with around 35 Mihawks or so. It's also boring as all hell.

It takes around 70 dupes during a Special x2 event to MAX him, unfortunately. However, since Special x2 will be during Mihawk, players won't have to hold on to Mihawk dupes for a later event, plus Mihawk's stage reliably drops Green Daimyos. First-time Mihawk farmers will make some decent traction without flooding their character box.

GDJustin, can you make M.Chopper x2, Usopp, Krieg, V2 Coby, then either Arlong or Hina? It'll depend on your cooldowns, though. There's also Marco x2, Usopp, Gaimon, V2 Coby, and Mr.2, if you have PSY units, or even Killer x2, Usopp, M. Chopper, Arlong, plus either V2 Coby or another beefy STR unit.

If you end up stuck with Vivi/Laboon, I highly recommend immediately subbing your first Mihawk drop into your crew. His skill, even without level-ups, will drastically speed up your runs. So will Onigumo, if you have him.

I was looking for Qmzn's on farming Mihawk but can't seem to find it anyone have a link to post or know what the strategy is?

It's Mihawk x2, GP Usopp, Gaimon, Alvida, Arlong. Leave the Green Pirate Penguin alive on stage 3, stall on him with Gaimon, use Alvida's special to reduce one of the Penguin's hits, stall until you are 2 turns away from both Mihawk specials. Use Gaimon, eat any meat you can while killing the Penguin. Clear the stage as you normally would with Mihawk captains, shaving off HP with specials in the first round, then use Usopp and Alvida to buy time, chaining from Gaimon to Usopp to Alvida to Mihawk to Mihawk to Arlong.

Original writeup is on Reddit here. It's a really a derivative of Marco x2 and Blackbeard x2 strategies, both of which use similar Gaimon stalling to build specials.

Copons

Wait, there's a double Mihawk strategy for Mihawk 40?

(I've searched for it, but I couldn't find anything relevant with keyword "mihawk" for user "qmzn" in this thread - of course it could also mean I was distracted while searching, but still!)

EDIT:
It's Mihawk X2, GP Usopp, Gaimon, Alvida, Arlong. Leave the Green Pirate Penguin alive on stage 3, stall on him with Gaimon, use Alvida's special to reduce one of the Penguin's hits, stall until you are 2 turns away from both Mihawk specials. Use Gaimon, eat any meat you can while killing the Penguin. Clear the stage as you normally would with Mihawk captains, shaving off HP with specials in the first round, then use Usopp and Alvida to buy time, chaining from Gaimon to Usopp to Alvida to Mihawk to Mihawk to Arlong.

Original writeup is on Reddit here.

Thanks, looks like a good strategy indeed!

Thanks, looks like a good strategy indeed!

Sure as heck beats trying to farm with Vivi/Laboon. Just remember that you'll either need Max Merry or Evolved Mihawk and Level 80+ Arlong. With either one it's still tight, but if you've got all of those things then you should be golden.

All credit to Qmzn again though! I've had their comment saved in my bookmarks for a couple of weeks now.

Hana-Bi

Damn, after my luck with the Mihawk timing I wanted to waste my last 20 colas to get drunk and give god Usopp a good laugh...

But, but Usopp didn't show up. Merry is now maxed. :) Finally. :)

GDJustin

GDJustin, can you make M.Chopper x2, Usopp, Krieg, V2 Coby, then either Arlong or Hina? It'll depend on your cooldowns, though. There's also Marco x2, Usopp, Gaimon, V2 Coby, and Mr.2, if you have PSY units, or even Killer x2, Usopp, M. Chopper, Arlong, plus either V2 Coby or another beefy STR unit.

If you end up stuck with Vivi/Laboon, I highly recommend immediately subbing your first Mihawk drop into your crew. His skill, even without level-ups, will drastically speed up your runs. So will Onigumo, if you have him.

No Marco or Killer yet. I could do that first MC team, but I'm sure my LVLs aren't high enough.

I'll probably run Vivi/Laboon/Red Lobster/Onigumo/Mihawk for a ~20 minute clear, which isn't too bad.

I'd rather bounce credit to that Reddit user "buttofcause". I'm just parroting and compiling stuff. :)

Heheh, yeah, I remembered this, but you still get credit for bringing it to us.

Damn, after my luck with the Mihawk timing I wanted to waste my last 20 colas to get drunk and give god Usopp a good laugh...

Congrats! One day before Mihawk shows up too!

Qmzn

Neo Member
Vivi/Laboon/Red Lobster/Onigumo/Mihawk for a ~20 minute clear, which isn't too bad.

That'll be far better than my first Mihawk. With some luck, you might get Mihawk's special to 20 turns or so, plus you should get a big boost in Pirate Level.

And who knows, maybe we'll all pull G3, Killer, Kidd, or Rayleigh in Sugofest, give up the zombie parties, and crush hundreds of Mihawks under our mighty boots.

Gonna have to get some more GAF friends, with so many going for the cooldown reduction. What's the best way to do that, again? Hide it behind an E-Mail tag in a post, or something?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

Well i basically followed this guide.

and about the special, i have not a single skill up on any of those characters. If you're in the same situation you gotta time Alvida's special perfectly for the last stage otherwise you're dead.
Woo, thanks for this, destroyed it the first time thanks to the vid; subbed Hina in for Arlong to kill Arlong and lock a red orb to obliterate Mihawk.

This thread needs more sugofest hype. :D

t1436929200z4.png

I'm doing a few pulls today, not because I missed the salt (I didn't) but because I'm out of units to level. All my units that are worth leveling are MAX or very close. I have one whitebeard commander and 0 supernovas so I have a good chance of getting some new units.

Oh and I'm feeling a Rayleigh pull today. Yup, totally getting Rayleigh
or more Tashigis
. #Believe

chrono01

Yes!

Thanks to your maxed G3 chrono :D

2015-07-1411_19_21-dr7fu3a.png
Congrats! I knew you could do it. d(^_^)v

I have a simple Wish List for tonight...

Kid
Whitebeard
Rayleigh

That's it! Don't need anything else.
Such a modest list, lol.

16th July MIHAWK RETURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All we need now is some box space :( I know we don't have to save Mihawk because the special up event is during Mihawk returns, but we seriously need more space!
Nice!

And yes, we do need more space.

Congrats on the max'd Going Merry!

Events always start at night in-game (Typically 19:00 PST). So, does Mihawk start Wed night or Thurs night? I've seen conflicting info on this and we don't have an ingame notification yet.

Alas, I've gotten relatively great timing with this. I don't have too many gems for pulls + refreshes, but today was Day 98 for my logins so so there's 10 more gems on Thurs. Also, I will level up to 121 (80 STA) after 4 more Kalifa runs and I got max Merry a week or so ago.

I may have to stick to only running Zephyr 30 w/ a Vivi/LS team (I don't have Marco, Dial, Mr. 2 or Mirage), but at least I'll be able to put in some work towards max skilling my Mihawk.

Kumo

Events always start at night in-game (Typically 19:00 PST). So, does Mihawk start Wed night or Thurs night? I've seen conflicting info on this and we don't have an ingame notification yet.

Alas, I've gotten relatively great timing with this. I don't have too many gems for pulls + refreshes, but today was Day 98 for my logins so so there's 10 more gems on Thurs. Also, I will level up to 121 (80 STA) after 4 more Kalifa runs and I got max Merry a week or so ago.

I may have to stick to only running Zephyr 30 w/ a Vivi/LS team (I don't have Marco, Dial, Mr. 2 or Mirage), but at least I'll be able to put in some work towards max skilling my Mihawk.

Wednesday night, right after sugo ends.

Wazzy

Banned
For Mihawk I'm wondering if this team will do:
Gear 3 max
Gear 3 97
Azura 56
Smoker 53
Usopp god 41
Mihawk 57

The units I can substitute in are:
Alvida 44(I can add levels to her or others before mihawk but probably only 5 or 6)
Whitebeard unevolved 25
Arlong 46
Morgan 36 unevolved

My worry with putting all the red units in is my games seems to lag when those ones hit and I can't always do their perfects while with Azura, Smoker/Alvida and Usopp I can start off the chain no problem.

i dunno if I'll bother farming Mihawk. Having a maxed one would be awesome, but I don't think I'll ever put in enough time to get that many Mihawks.

My worry with putting all the red units in is my games seems to lag when those ones hit and I can't always do their perfects while with Azura, Smoker/Alvida and Usopp I can start off the chain no problem.
Have you turned off the sound effects? Some devices get bad timing issues like that with the SFX on, but run smoothly with them off. If you haven't, turn them off and give the team a shot in the training forest.

TheShah

I'll be putting out a level 60 Vivi for Mihawk. Was busy dumping turtles into garp that I forgot to get her to lvl 72, but should be good enough. 293483223 if anyone needs it.

Wazzy

Banned
Have you turned off the sound effects? Some devices get bad timing issues like that with the SFX on, but run smoothly with them off. If you haven't, turn them off and give the team a shot in the training forest.

Huh, I think that helped. Thanks! I'l keep testing it out and hope the lag doesn't happen again.

makaveli13

Neo Member
I have 140 gems... i may have purchased some. I think i'll save 40 for Mihawk runs and use the other 100 on the sugo. I'll document my pulls, lots of V1 coby incoming!!

chrono01

Bhrono you got me cracking up so hard over here. I was the thinking the same thing.

I am doing a few a pulls but gotta same some gems for my man Mihawk :)
Nothing wrong at all, giving Mihawk a little attention. The man can definitely wield a powerful sword.

Let's hope the skill-up event is kind to us all.

What do you get the man who has everything?
Another Coby.

I have 140 gems... i may have purchased some. I think i'll save 40 for Mihawk runs and use the other 100 on the sugo. I'll document my pulls, lots of V1 coby incoming!!
Best of luck!

I have 181 Rainbow Gems and, depending on how my pulls go, I can see myself burning through 100 of them. If I get a few of the desirable units early on, such as Kid, I might quit earlier. Of course, if I manage to pull Rayleigh I will explode into a bout of extreme happiness and faint where I sit.

We'll see. There's not much time left now, I'm starting to get that pre-pull nervousness.

Top Bottom