• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

makaveli13

Neo Member
3 more attempts at maxing my merry, 3 more failures. RAGE. I have actually spent money on gems in preparation for the sugofest, I am hoping I have more luck there.

Wazzy

Banned
Yay got a super success again using the rest of my elders on Marco and I ended up maxing him.

My Garp is 74 and my other yellow units at late 30's. I'll have to see if I can get a better team ready for farming but I should at least be able to beat Zephyr.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I think I have a lot of Cola saved up, maybe, since I maxed Merry like a month or two after I started playing. Then again, I don't do much regular level farming. I just play fortnights, turtle times, and new islands.

Only problem is that my GP Usopp isn't max leveled, so he has a 13 turn special (I'm quite unlucky sometimes). I can't remember really, but is it possible to stall him out that much?

Hmm didn't think of that. Let's see:

stage 1: 1-2 turns (random cd)
stage 2: 3-5 turns (random cd)
stage 3: pre-emptive = 1 turn, penguin = 1-2, take a hit from the penguin (852 damage): 3 so 5-6 turns
stage 4: 1 turn
stage 5: 1 turn (pre-emptive)

so that's 11-15 turns. You have a couple options here:

• Pray that you get good mob RNG (<-- totally recommended)
  • Use a low cd Mr 3 on stage 4/5 to get another turn, and pray that you don't get the worst case scenario of 12 turns
  • Have enough HP to tank 2 hits from the penguin (7907+ HP) and bring that to 14-18. stalling for that long will be tricky (yellow orbs on Usopp will kill the penguin too quickly) so I recommend replacing Smoker with a lvl 50 Guimon (1303 HP, 85 ATK).

chrono01

3 more attempts at maxing my merry, 3 more failures. RAGE. I have actually spent money on gems in preparation for the sugofest, I am hoping I have more luck there.
Sorry, I know that feeling. It's frustrating. :(

Edit: Just a reminder, but 0/5 users are gold today. If you want to break with me [and are on Android], let me know. I'll keep checking back. I still have three attempts for the week.

Don't make me go to Reddit. ;_;

pelicansurf

Today's haul with just 1.5 turtle times today (was training an employee at a project onsite during half a turtle time + tonight, lol)

15 elders and 42 teens. If I pull a Rayleigh, that may get him to evolve level. Maybe.

Hmm didn't think of that. Let's see:

stage 1: 1-2 turns (random cd)
stage 2: 3-5 turns (random cd)
stage 3: pre-emptive = 1 turn, penguin = 1-2, take a hit from the penguin (852 damage): 3 so 5-6 turns
stage 4: 1 turn
stage 5: 1 turn (pre-emptive)

so that's 11-15 turns. You have a couple options here:

• Pray that you get good mob RNG (<-- totally recommended)
  • Use a low cd Mr 3 on stage 4/5 to get another turn, and pray that you don't get the worst case scenario of 12 turns
  • Have enough HP to tank 2 hits from the penguin (7907+ HP) and bring that to 14-18. stalling for that long will be tricky (yellow orbs on Usopp will kill the penguin too quickly) so I recommend replacing Smoker with a lvl 50 Guimon (1303 HP, 85 ATK).

Alright, sweet, so this should work:

G3 Luffy FC - Level Max
Monster Chopper Captain - Level 67
Arlong - Level Max
Gaimon - Level Max
Usopp - Level Max
Mihawk - Level 71

That gives me 8,929 HP, which will let me tank 3 hits from the Pirate Penguin. I originally had Garp over Gaimon, which gave me a lot more HP, but then I realized that I wouldn't be able to stall on the Pirate Penguin anymore (unless Usopp could, but I'm not sure).

It's a bit tight, but that should make it a bit quicker process than the other method. Thanks for the help Korial!

Uthred

Damn seeing Raleigh coming up makes me sorry I sort of drifted away from this (damn you Dragon Blaze! ;) ) was hoping to have a pile to pull for him

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Stockpiled 6 elders and 20 teenage turtles for the Rayleigh I'm planning on getting tomorrow.

I gemmed twice during turtle time for the first time to get in 12x runs. Just 4 more Stamina and I can run 5x per stam bar instead of 4x. Will feel nice.

RedBoot

Mihawk's Island is out. Scary.

I lost at the Mr. 3 and Friends level. Protip: Don't let Mr. 3 have a turn.

I don't think I would have cleared it anyway, but I was getting some excessively bad luck. Both Vistas rolled yellows simultaneously about 3-4 times in the latter half.

It's free to run it, though, so I can take my time in figuring out how to clear it,

Got the ship. Copied the team from Spaceman's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOZqn5P4dQA

Also, 318 cola later:

Ub1ZCtN.jpg

chrono01

Got the ship. Used this team

and just copied Spaceman's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOZqn5P4dQA

Also, 318 cola later:
Wow, insane. Congrats!

I haven't tried it yet, but even if I manage to get the ship I only have 9 cola. It's going to be a while...

Edit: I guess I'll ask once more before I give up for the day/week. I still have two attempts left, and 0/5 users are Gold today. If you want to barrel break, quote this post!

pelicansurf

I went the go hard or go home route. I had to use Usopp's special for the straw hats, so I had 1 Mihawk Special, 1 G3 Luffy Special, and 1 Killer special. I was at 7k life after the first strike so I wasn't surviving the first hit either way. I also had just 1 Luffy red orb. I had to get a perfect 2.5x in the perfect order of Usopp --> Killer --> Helmeppo into Mihawk and double Luffy. Even then success was not guaranteed.

oZ55iSJ.jpg

Z9W4qnV.png

Fucking boom. I cheered out loud.

pelicansurf

Man I wish I either had more cola or Sugofest was tonight. I got the Mihawk Ship from Level 1 to Level 8 seeing Usopp a wild ZERO times. Pretty crazy. I'm on a hot streak!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Well, made it to level 19 in the new training forest.

How the fuck am I supposed to beat this? D:

Edit: I don't have mihawk. Tell me some teams that can beat the forest

pelicansurf

I think Mihawk may be a requirement unless you have a Whitebeard or something (lol). His special is the only thing that really pulls you out of the jaws of defeat after getting through the Straw Hats. You could try double G3 with Soldier Helmeppo / Golden Pound, and some random unit with a useful special, maybe Alvida.

You're going to need a lot of luck and preferably have them all MAXd.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Got the ship. Copied the team from Spaceman's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOZqn5P4dQA

Also, 318 cola later:

Amazing Korial - congrats.
The moments you realize how important Cola farming can and will be.

Haven tried the stage yet but i will likely have to go the G3 route or wait until i have max skilled my Mihawk.
I went the go hard or go home route. I had to use Usopp's special for the straw hats, so I had 1 Mihawk Special, 1 G3 Luffy Special, and 1 Killer special. I was at 7k life after the first strike so I wasn't surviving the first hit either way. I also had just 1 Luffy red orb. I had to get a perfect 2.5x in the perfect order of Usopp --> Killer --> Helmeppo into Mihawk and double Luffy. Even then success was not guaranteed.

Fucking boom. I cheered out loud.

Sweet - congrats !!

I have the same units but not leveled as high...might give it a shot :-D

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I think Mihawk may be a requirement unless you have a Whitebeard or something (lol). His special is the only thing that really pulls you out of the jaws of defeat after getting through the Straw Hats. You could try double G3 with Soldier Helmeppo / Golden Pound, and some random unit with a useful special, maybe Alvida.

You're going to need a lot of luck and preferably have them all MAXd.

well fuck me D:

I have 21 elder and 23 teen turtles waiting for you Rayleigh. They're here if you want them...

How

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I have 21 elder and 23 teen turtles waiting for you Rayleigh. They're here if you want them...

I wish i could stock up that way on turtles....then again i wish i could even get as lucky when it comes to Elders. At least i was able to evolve my Monster Chopper for now.

Rayleigh or WB would be great...but Robin would let me finally get rid of her skillbooks and clear 30 spots in my box. Well...i wont get any of them anyway...heh...

TheShah

No G3 and no Mihawk make this really tough. Manage to get to stage 19 with double garp but then I got thoroughly fucked. Least it's something to do during down time.

RalchAC

I've had a dream tonight. In that dream I got a Rayleigh on my first and only pull this Sugofest... Yeah... a dream... That's Chrono's fault for saying the download data meant we were getting one!

BTW, this is the team I'm planning to use for Mihawk

0GUaypW.jpg

I have enough HP to stand the 2 pre emptitive strikes. I won't be able to stall any hit. I'll use Mr3 on 4/5, probably, because I hate that stage so having 2 turns to kill them should be useful.

Unless I have the most terrible luck with orbs in the world I should be able to clear Mihawk in 4 turns (using Usopp skill) without many problems.

Thanks guys. :D

Wow, congrats.

How did you get that much cola?

Well before fortnights switched to super high exp (aka Hina), I always prioritized pexp over anything else so I ran half stamina Arlong Park/LoguetownTwin Capes/etc every single week. Thanks to that I maxed my Merry early (2-3 weeks before Mihawk's raid) and started stocking up on cola since then. Right now I only run half stamina Arlong Park, unless I'm farming some useless story unit for the collection.

Hana-Bi

Thanks guys. :D

Well before fortnights switched to super high exp (aka Hina), I always prioritized pexp over anything else so I ran half stamina Arlong Park/LoguetownTwin Capes/etc every single week. Thanks to that I maxed my Merry early (2-3 weeks before Mihawk's raid) and started stocking up on cola since then. Right now I only run half stamina Arlong Park, unless I'm farming some useless story unit for the collection.

Thanks, I really should do this so I can max my merry. But Usopp hates me, so this will take some time...

Hana-Bi

Mr. Godsop hates us all.

Tried new forest once, got to 15/20. Never used my specials though. I should rethink that; was saving them for later fights.
But some more than others. :p

At least I finally evolved my Smoker to Biker Smoker.

Now I evolved all my chars I have and can focus on Rayleigh. ;)

You guys have the WORST timing ever. I lurked the reddit barrel thread for like an hour to get my games and now all of a sudden everyone comes out of the woodwork.

Majukun

You guys have the WORST timing ever. I lurked the reddit barrel thread for like an hour to get my games and now all of a sudden everyone comes out of the woodwork.

a guy here got his account stolen using the barrel reddit thread

anyway,2 tries left on both my accounts,anyone?

Top Bottom