• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

bzzt

Neo Member
my laboon and vivi team died at mihawk...............I think this is a glitch and I was able to reacreate this glitch.

When mihawk attacks and your hp goes down to 1, you immediately exit the game. When you log in and choose to continue the battle, mihawk continues the same attack when you exited the game, and you get 0 hp, with a game over. T.T

I believe that's the pre-emptive attack. Everyone that has a pre-emptive will use it when you exit and continue the battle. I think this was on reddit at one point. I forgot this was a mechanic until now.

I feel for you guys at max shortage space. I found myself hording more and more as I crept to 200(but only 2-3 of each evolver) Hopefully it's a stealth add in 2.2.

Edit: hording, not horsing...

I was looking at the nanohana rainbase units ... Looks like Croc is actually a legitimately functional leader for int.

Haven't farmed for story units for a long time, but he's not a fortnight unit + int is literally the only color I don't have a proper captain for yet so I think I'll have to go croc hunting.

p.s. what's up with croc having two final evos?

Dandte

btw guys...just want so say that DBZ Dokkan Battle lets you increase your box to 500 right from the start ;-) Also stamina is only 1 per 5 min. Yay.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
btw guys...just want so say that DBZ Dokkan Battle lets you increase your box to 500 right from the start ;-) Also stamina is only 1 per 5 min. Yay.
Don't you think that sticking to one F2P game is for the best? Seems like a waste of time and/or money to have more than one F2P.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm playing 4 F2Ps right now. :p

Though for now I'm strictly focusing on OPTC and Final Fanatsy Record Keeper. The new DBZ game is a lot of fun so it will get some focus too.

Dandte

Don't you think that sticking to one F2P game is for the best? Seems like a waste of time and/or money to have more than one F2P.

I agress, but since i only play the global version of op tc, and only do the 30 stamina runs, i have a lot of time. Also not willing to pay in the dbz game. Though it's really fun.

Nibel

Fucking love bursting through Khalifa's 30 Stam stage with two Monster Choppers.
KuGsj.gif

chrono01

So now that I have no other evolution materials to sell [outside of extremely rare ones], I have no choice but to start fusing useful skillbooks as fodder. This is what limited space has done to me. :/

Oh these, which should I get rid of? I'm keeping the Robin skillbooks, so that's not even an option.

- Impact Usopp
- Jozu
- Blamenco

Ideally, I'd love to seep all four, but...

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So now that I have no other evolution materials to sell [outside of extremely rare ones], I have no choice but to start fusing useful skillbooks as fodder. This is what limited space has done to me. :/

Oh these, which should I get rid of? I'm keeping the Robin skillbooks, so that's not even an option.

- Impact Usopp
- Jozu
- Blamenco

All of them; if you think about it, you're only going to pull a few times the next Sugo and maaaaaaybe you'll get the character. Until then you'll be heavily grieved with box limitations. Wait for 2.2 and then drop them imo.

- Impact Usopp
- Jozu
- Blamenco

Oh no wonder your box is full, saving skillbooks for chars you might never get.

Kumo

- Impact Usopp
- Jozu
- Blamenco

Before the skill up event started, I was hoarding 10 each of Jozu and Blamenco. I only got 1 skill up on Jozu and 0 from Blamenco (still 0 I might add -.-) out of those. Honestly it's just not worth keeping skill books for characters you don't have, unless they are really rare. If I didn't already have Jozu and Blamenco and I hoarded all of their books to only get 1 or 2 skill ups months from now.... it just wouldn't be worth it.

But out of those, if you really want to keep some still, I would keep Jozu and use the rest as fodder since I heard he is useful against Doffy. Who knows when you'll pull him though? :/

We wouldn't need to have this conversation if Bamco would just give us more box space...

chrono01

All of them; if you think about it, you're only going to pull a few times the next Sugo and maaaaaaybe you'll get the character. Until then you'll be heavily grieved with box limitations. Wait for 2.2 and then drop them imo.

Oh no wonder your box is full, saving skillbooks for chars you might never get.
But the instant I drop the skillbooks is the instant I'll get them, knowing my luck. And given how rare many of them are, as well as the fact that they're not easily farmed considering they're not around all the time, I'm hesitant to let them go. :(

Before the skill up event started, I was hoarding 10 each of Jozu and Blamenco. I only got 1 skill up on Jozu and 0 from Blamenco (still 0 I might add -.-) out of those. Honestly it's just not worth keeping skill books for characters you don't have, unless they are really rare. If I didn't already have Jozu and Blamenco and I hoarded all of their books to only get 1 or 2 skill ups months from now.... it just wouldn't be worth it.

But out of those, if you really want to keep some still, I would keep Jozu and use the rest as fodder since I heard he is useful against Doffy. Who knows when you'll pull him though? :/

We wouldn't need to have this conversation if Bamco would just give us more box space...
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll probably start fusing away Blamenco skillbooks as needed and hope for a surprise member box increase on Tuesday. At least with Lucci's island I can fuse the skillbooks right away, since I already have Marco/Ace/etc., so that will lighten the burden a bit.

Dawg

After playing Namco's DBZ game, I really think it's a shame you can only level up units in OPTC by feeding them other units :c Such a tiresome grind.

- Impact Usopp
- Jozu
- Blamenco

Jozu and Blamenco skill books don't exist.

chrono01

How do you upgrade with the books?
Fuse the books with the character that matches it. There's a chance the skill will increase, that's increased during certain skill-up events [such as the one currently going on]. Fusing one at a time or several, it doesn't really matter. The odds are per item fused, so doing them all at once doesn't increase the chance [it does save a bit of Beli, though].

Personally, if I need multiple skill-up I do five at a time, unless he/she only needs one skill-up then I'll do it individually.

I beg to differ. I have around 20 of each. -_-

Damn, it's because you don't have them. I want them, I don't get them. Desire sensor, etc...

On the other hand, I do get a ton of cola, so that is an awesome bonus. If only Godsopp would stop chugging them all.

Edit: anyone saying optc units should gain xp from fights, talk to Vivi/Laboon users(might not be that bad, actually) that would suck.

Copons

There ain't 500 characters in the entire DB universe though, not even considering the all the people living in the Penguin Village from the spin-off episode. :p

Dandte

There ain't 500 characters in the entire DB universe though, not even considering the all the people living in the Penguin Village from the spin-off episode. :p
I agree the character Pool is Kinda small, but like in op tc chars can have different Types. Like strong goku and Agilität goku. And if iirc you Put two gokus of different Types in the same Team. Should be possible in optc too :(

Verelios

I agree the character Pool is Kinda small, but like in op tc chars can have different Types. Like strong goku and Agilität goku. And if iirc you Put two gokus of different Types in the same Team. Should be possible in optc too :(
Full Chopper team.

Yetti Reindeer Rangers.

Copons

I just dove throught the 2.2 notes and I'm wondering how the snails work, because it's very unclear and I have totally no clue about them.

Like, I can find them inside an actual level or just randomly scrolling through the map and/or inside the islands?
I touch them and I have to tweet something to earn the gem or I can, like, simply go to Twitter and go back to OTPC and get the gem anyway?
Do they appear completely at random times, so I could miss them forever?

Finally finished maxing every characters special from kalifa's Island. To bad I didn't have blamenco's special maxed when I first started farming as I wouldn't have had to stall at all.

IHaveIce

Banned
can Paulie appear in all stages or just in the Stamina 15 &30 ones? Because it is a lot of stamina to play all the higher ones jsut to get him to drop

Copons

can Paulie appear in all stages or just in the Stamina 15 &30 ones? Because it is a lot of stamina to play all the higher ones jsut to get him to drop

I don't know if it appears in lower stages, but just know that at 30STA, on one hand he's not that common to show at all, and on the other, when he does show, it's a 100% sure drop.
Even if he could appear in lower stages, my guess would be that his appear rate is even lower than 30STA and his drop rate (if it follows the extra islands bosses drop rate patterns) won't be 100%.

So, your best bet is definitely to keep going with the highest stage you can manage.

I just died on Kalifa's stage due to the horrible selector.

I'm seriously wondering if they just did that badly at designing the selection options, or if they actively designed it to be as cumbersome as possible.

ElChado

Neo Member
I just dove throught the 2.2 notes and I'm wondering how the snails work, because it's very unclear and I have totally no clue about them.

Like, I can find them inside an actual level or just randomly scrolling through the map and/or inside the islands?
I touch them and I have to tweet something to earn the gem or I can, like, simply go to Twitter and go back to OTPC and get the gem anyway?
Do they appear completely at random times, so I could miss them forever?

From what i've seen you scroll island to island-event island included-and the snails can appear. Using the log pose to fast travel doesn't count.
They will appear outside the island.
When you click them you can agree to tweet a message and it will automatically tweet it for you and roll your gift which could be beli/turtle/cola/stamina refill/gems and for this week only cotton candy.
They appear randomly as you scroll between islands and you get 5 per day resetting at 4am PST i believe the notes say

I just died on Kalifa's stage due to the horrible selector.

I'm seriously wondering if they just did that badly at designing the selection options, or if they actively designed it to be as cumbersome as possible.

It's almost a running joke that on Duvals raid the hardest obstacle is the target selection, as for one stage you need to take out the back row of units but auto-target will do everything in it's power to choose other targets.

makaveli13

Neo Member
Finally got my coffin ship today.. after what I would estimate to be around 100 attempts.. I suck haha. If anyone cares here is the squad I ran with

G3 captain - lvl 72
G3 Friend - max lvl
Mihawk - max lvl - max special
Jozu - lvl 62
Alvida - lvl 74
God Usopp - Max lvl

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Finally got my coffin ship today.. after what I would estimate to be around 100 attempts.. I suck haha. If anyone cares here is the squad I ran with

G3 captain - lvl 72
G3 Friend - max lvl
Mihawk - max lvl - max special
Jozu - lvl 62
Alvida - lvl 74
God Usopp - Max lvl
... I actually want to beat it again with max special Mihawk...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I beg to differ. I have around 20 of each. -_-
Wow I didn't get a single Jozu drop in the lastb10 days... Honestly I totally forgot that the stage drops them. I only get Ballon Luffy drops or other useless stuff.... Really disappointed in the rng.

IHaveIce

Banned
I don't know if it appears in lower stages, but just know that at 30STA, on one hand he's not that common to show at all, and on the other, when he does show, it's a 100% sure drop.
Even if he could appear in lower stages, my guess would be that his appear rate is even lower than 30STA and his drop rate (if it follows the extra islands bosses drop rate patterns) won't be 100%.

So, your best bet is definitely to keep going with the highest stage you can manage.

He can appear on the other stages I believe as i swear I had him appear for me once.
Thank you guys, made him drop in the 10 stamina version.
maxed and evolved him already, I'm ready for Lucci

RedBoot

Wow I didn't get a single Jozu drop in the lastb10 days... Honestly I totally forgot that the stage drops them. I only get Ballon Luffy drops or other useless stuff.... Really disappointed in the rng.

I ran Kalifa for the first time in a few days over the weekend (the week was too focused on Mihawk related activities) and got three cola drops in one run. I wish it always acted like that.

I think Lucci is supposed to be able to drop cola, too. I'll be running that level a lot more than Kalifa since I've got a better DEX team.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Yeah the Jozu books seem like INCREDIBLY rare drops from Khalifa - I've probably gotten 2.5x more Cola than Jozu books. That said, I've had very good luck with the books I have managed to get. I've had 3 skills-ups from just 5-6 books. Jozu is already on a low-ish cooldown, so +3 skill is nice.

I don't like this trend of the only useful skillbook being an incredibly rare drop, though. First with Alvida I only managed to farm ~8 skill books, and then I saved them for the Skill-Up event and still got absolutely 0 skill-ups from them -_- This makes me think it's going to be next to impossible to get GP Usopp skill-ups when Kuro finally rolls back around.

As for me today, I'm going to miss both my Turtle Times because they're right in the middle of my commute - 8AM and 6PM. Booo-urns.

chrono01

Trust me, if I had a Jozu I probably wouldn't be getting all of these skillbooks. The RNG factor, had at work!

Also, I thought I was the only one with a terrible turtle time 11 runs, 3 Elder. As longas the rates continue like this I will never gem for more runs. Thankfully this time I had a Rank Up, hence the increased number of runs I was able to do. It's just depressing. I only managed to get my Mihawk from 85 --> 89. :/

Top Bottom