• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

bzzt

Neo Member
crap got him down to lvl 15 18 turns :/ what am i doing now? farming another 5 mihawks hoping to get a up or kepping my last 3 fruits?

Try to max Mihawk, you're only 1 away and will get 3 gems back in 3 days anyway. Who knows when Mihawk will come back?

Dandte

You're one away [I believe skill level 16 is max?]. Keep at it!

Try to max Mihawk, you're only 1 away and will get 3 gems back in 3 days anyway. Who knows when Mihawk will come back?

Yay :D

so i used 25 gems and got 7 plvl ups plus the early two morning hawks and 2 waitinhd hawks -> 68 Hawks if i'm not mistaken. Looks ok.

Considering my normal luck in this game,this is really good. But i got the feeling my rr, turtle times and skill ups are always better in the evening/night

Achievements of the day:

Max Hawk
Max Green Marine guy...because why not both?
Law from 20->70 and evolve
Apu from 20 -> 59
1 Single Hawk for missions
1 Gem left!

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Oh, don't forget. Keep an un-evolved Mihawk for an upcoming Story Mission!

That mission is at least 6 months away in Global. Not too essential to store a bonus Mihawk imo. Especially since there's no rush on the mission even when it does release.

chrono01

Yay :D

so i used 25 gems and got 7 plvl ups plus the early two morning hawks and 2 waitinhd hawks -> 68 Hawks if i'm not mistaken. Looks ok.

Considering my normal luck in this game,this is really good. But i got the feeling my rr, turtle times and skill ups are always better in the evening/night

Achievements of the day:

Max Hawk
Max Green Marine guy...because why not both?
Law from 20->70 and evolve
Apu from 20 -> 59
1 Single Hawk for missions
1 Gem left!
Nice job, mission successful!

Edit: My Mihawk is skill level 11. The battle wages on...

Qmzn

Neo Member
Not too essential to store a bonus Mihawk imo.

I think players who are expecting to run Vivi/Laboon on future raid bosses might want to keep an unevolved Mihawk around anyway, since it speeds up zombie parties.

Got Mihawk to MAX this morning. Game was very generous (for once), only took around 14 gems, which comes out to around 47 Mihawks, including the ones I put in last time. That's fairly in-line with the 30%.

chrono01

That mission is at least 6 months away in Global. Not too essential to store a bonus Mihawk imo. Especially since there's no rush on the mission even when it does release.
True. I wouldn't recommend gemming for a single Mihawk, but if you already have an extra you might as well keep it.

6 gems left. Need 5 more skill.

Must... max... Mihawk...
Believe!

Edit: Skill Level 13 now!

So far I've done 44 Mihawks runs and received 13 skill ups. I have 1 gem left and will level with a 30 run, which this gives me a chance for 4 or 5 more Mihawks. I will keep one for the quest + possible laboon teams and use the others.

With my 2 skill ups from the first time (using 17 Mihawks >_>), I only need one more skill up. Will I get it?!? The suspense is killing me, while I wait to reach 30 in 40 min.

Also: Cloggerdude wasn't kidding about 30 STA being more of a technical challenge than 40. I screwed it up 3 times by either failing at stalling or accidentally not killing the purple unit on 4/5.

not a single friend using vivi

i cry

Mine is up, only way I can farm while potty training. On the plus side they only take around 15 minutes. I can hopefully grab another 10 or so Mihawks. If only I could keep my current 1 hawk, 1 skill up luck.

So far... I've messed up on 4 runs due to various things, I even woke up this morning and I guess I did a run while sleeping... Sitting at skill level 6.

Qmzn

Neo Member
How am I supposed to like Usopp in the anime after going through the horrors of Merry Go failures?!

The one that screws up your ships is crappy, whiny, self-piteous Usopp. He gets better throughout the series, and ends up with some pretty kick-ass outfits (Strong World, for instance), though he does have a few relapses into whiny self-pity.

Then, without getting too spoilery, there's a timeskip, and he becomes a masculine sex god that saves the day by shooting mutant plants through small windows.

Just give him time.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Mihawk max skilled.... Yeah.

Still the last days didn't care much about the game and Khalifa. This will probably change with Lucci and Kaku incoming... Been waiting since launch and my initial Ace pull for food farmables QCK units. We and I like both characters anyway.

I will try to get one 30 stamina Mihawk for Laboon teams once my stamina is back up.

And yo congrats Dandte - living the dream !!
SKILL LEVEL 15! THE END IS IN SIGHT!
Awesome... Our OPTC week ending on a happy nite even without Rayleigh xD

Get that as skill up.

StMeph

Then, without getting too spoilery, there's a timeskip, and he becomes a masculine sex god that saves the day by shooting mutant plants through small windows.

Between Ussop, Sogeking, and Ussop'n, Franky is still the better shipwright.

And Brook is the worst straw hat character.

chrono01

Mihawk max skilled.... Yeah.

Still the last days didn't care much about the game and Khalifa. This will probably change with Lucci and Kaku incoming... Been waiting since launch and my initial Ace pull for food farmables QCK units. We and I like both characters anyway.

Awesome... Our OPTC week ending on a happy nite even without Rayleigh xD

Get that as skill up.
Congrats to you, I just got my last skill up too. I went from 61 gems to 43, so 18 total. Not too bad and definitely worth it. I also have an extra un-evolved Mihawk which I'll save for later use.

I'm now done with this event! My Mihawk isn't max level yet [he's Level 85], since I fused my earned green turtles into leveling Law [who's 58 now] so I can put him as my Captain and help those on my Friend List, as well as Apoo [who's 50], and Paulie, to prepare for Rob Lucci's special island. I'll get there though, I'm just happy to have his skill finally max'd.

And now...I rest.

StMeph

Yeah I've been using the green turtles for various DEX units in anticipation of Rob Lucci. Everyone is about 50, and will probably push one of Law or Zoro to 70.

Dawg

You don't. He will forever troll you.

The one that screws up your ships is crappy, whiny, self-piteous Usopp. He gets better throughout the series, and ends up with some pretty kick-ass outfits (Strong World, for instance), though he does have a few relapses into whiny self-pity.

Just give him time.

:0

I'm currently at the part with the dragon that wants to go to the dragon's nest, before grand line.

chrono01

Yeah I've been using the green turtles for various DEX units in anticipation of Rob Lucci. Everyone is about 50, and will probably push one of Law or Zoro to 70.
Yeah, if it weren't for Rob Lucci's island coming up so soon I would have put everything into Mihawk. As it stood though, my DEX team members needed some leveling. I think I'm pretty well situated now, though.

Also...I think I'm good on Elder Seahorse for a while. Thanks to farming Mihawk I'm sitting on 9 of em'.

chrono01

:0

I'm currently at the part with the dragon that wants to go to the dragon's nest, before grand line.
Usopp does improve, as StMeph said. He's not even in his final form yet at that point in the story.

Actually, I'm pretty sure if he ever reached his final form the manga would have to end since no one would be able to defeat God Usopp. One thing I find funny is how all of his lies throughout the story are, in some way, coming true.

Never change, Usopp.

Edit: Damn sorry for the double post.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Is it normal to get wrecked in Loguetown CH2?
I am doing 1 dmg to that lady.

I'm not high enough level to use my really good units yet, where should I grind my Plevel at?

Kumo

Usopp has some really epic moments in the anime, like in the Water 7 and Thriller Bark arcs.

Too bad he's a cola-hogging bitch in Treasure Cruise.

chrono01

Is it normal to get wrecked in Loguetown CH2?
I am doing 1 dmg to that lady.

I'm not high enough level to use my really good units yet, where should I grind my Plevel at?
I leveled my Pirate Level naturally just going through the story. But then, I didn't have 6* Legend characters I couldn't use, haha.

As for getting wrecked, when I ran through that area I had my Ace team to carry me [didn't yet have G3 Luffy and, even if I did, I doubt I'd have the cost to use him]. I'm not sure what team I could suggest for you, since I don't know what your box contains. What's your current team look like?

Qmzn

Neo Member

Incidentally, that's the first filler arc that was used to pad the anime, so it didn't catch up to the manga too quickly. Some of the anime filler is pretty half-assed, others added content which created plot holes, but most of it's okay.

Still, you're a long, long way off from Usopp being worth a damn. When you start to get sick of him, I recommend looking online at all the sweet Usopp figures you can buy out of Japan, where's he's wearing shark costumes and goggles, or a giant kabuto, to remind you that there is actually a point where he stops being a total lying piece of crap.

His evolutions in the game pretty much represent the only times he's done something awesome that wasn't comic relief, at least before the timeskip. :p

One thing I find funny is how all of his lies throughout the story are, in some way, coming true.

Yeah, Oda is definitely had plans for the long con with Usopp, that he's not really a pure liar, but sort of a prophet. People are all, "His ideas are too crazy, there's nothing like that, anywhere." Then
undead troubadours, giant mermaids, body-swapping, living toys, Fusion-Fruit Doffy, and G4 Luffy
, and Usopp's exaggerations start to look tame by comparison.

Dawg

Incidentally, that's the first filler arc that was used to pad the anime, so it didn't catch up to the manga too quickly. Some of the anime filler is pretty half-assed, others added content which created plot holes, but most of it's okay.

Still, you're a long, long way off from Usopp being worth a damn. When you start to get sick of him, I recommend looking online at all the sweet Usopp figures you can buy out of Japan, where's he's wearing shark costumes and goggles, or a giant kabuto, to remind you that there is actually a point where he stops being a total lying piece of crap.

His evolutions in the game pretty much represent the only times he's done something awesome that wasn't comic relief, at least before the timeskip. :p

I had a feeling this was filler... it just gave me that feeling! So this never happened in the manga?

chrono01

I had a feeling this was filler... it just gave me that feeling! So this never happened in the manga?
It did not.

When I started watching the anime I didn't skip anything. Sure, some of the filler was...questionable, but content is content. I actually enjoyed a few of the filler arcs. I powered through all of the episodes prior to the Time-Skip [so, something like 530 episodes?] in around a month and a half. Fillers were less irritating when you didn't have to wait weeks in-between episodes.

RedBoot

Apis is the Aquaman of One Piece characters.

Incidentally, I would like to see a cycle of rare pulls based on filler characters, just for fun. Apis, the weasel guy, the marine captain from G8, that Phoenix pirate guy...uh...the baby that pees on Zoro in Water Seven...

Qmzn

Neo Member
While we're on the topic, for the few that might not already know, the upcoming raid boss, Zephyr, is movie-only. However, like Strong World, the movie was overseen by Oda. Both movies seem to be a lot like Marvel's "What If..." comics, or DC's "Elseworlds".

Apis is the Aquaman of One Piece characters.

When she landed, I thought everyone was going to end up with some crappy Devil Fruit power, that the story would eventually become "X-Men of the Carribean". Then I found out it was filler. Much relief.

Man I suddenly have so many quick units to level.

Capone, Killer + Lucci & Kaku next week..

I didn't store my blue turtles due to already having box issues, but this sure makes me want a blue turtle time week like the yellow one we had.

So far I've done 44 Mihawks runs and received 13 skill ups.
After 2 more Mihawks and I hit MAX. So, 46 fed today for 14 skill ups. I'm out of gems now, but it was worth it.

Time to start saving up gems for the upcoming box upgrade.
That BETTER be coming with the next update, damnit.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm almost done ; ;

Just one more skillup and I'll finally have Mihawk maxed. I've been quite unlucky with his skills ups. I've been farming since yesterday so once I finish this I'm going to be so relieved.

Edit: and he's maxed! FINALLY! That took forever but I'm so happy it's done.

That feeling when you mess up a run and it costs you two, because you are a run away from leveling.
I was watching stuff online while playing all day and probably died ~10 times during my runs from accidentally killing a turtle / the penguin or before activating Golden Pound. The ones right before a level up hurt so bad.
Then there was one run where I died, accidently gemmed and died again from missing a perfect >_<.

chrono01

After 2 more Mihawks and I hit MAX. So, 46 fed today for 14 skill ups. I'm out of gems now, but it was worth it.

Time to start saving up gems for the upcoming box upgrade.
That BETTER be coming with the next update, damnit.

I'm almost done ; ;

Just one more skillup and I'll finally have Mihawk maxed. I've been quite unlucky with his skills ups. I've been farming since yesterday so once I finish this I'm going to be so relieved.

Edit: and he's maxed! FINALLY! That took forever but I'm so happy it's done.
Congrats to you both!

Now enjoy your well-deserved rest.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
From nothing to 11 skill ups with only 11 gems used is pretty good i think. Now i'm out of gems so i'll max him when he comes back.

#TeamF2P

Kumo

Finished maxing Mihawk! It took 45 copies. I was getting pretty lucky early on with 2 out of 5 granting me skill ups multiple times. I farmed 10 more copies afterwards and then I was pretty sick of it haha. He's now sitting at level 80. I also farmed one more Mihawk from the 30 stamina raid to keep.

All the turtles I got helped a lot with my dex team. Got Apoo to 50, and I evolved Izo, Khalifa, and Paulie. Much progress has been made!

Cerity

goddamn, terrible mihawk for me. All of my mihawk friends are using blamenco/arlong teams for some reason so I had to start using a G3 team with the few G3 friends that I have. Probably 8 runs now that I've failed because of either not being consistent enough with perfects or just plain bad orb luck. Only one skill up so far between a few gems :/

xrokis

puh, max mihawk was not as fun as i thought it would be..
started with 0/15 skillups end ended in 0/15 before the final two lvls
at least it's one time and done
the teen turtles were nice though, dex team looking strong :)
congrats to all who got to max him

Ferga

12 gems used for Mihawk (alog with 3 plvl ups) and was able to get 8 skill levels off it.

It took me around 40 Mihawks to get it down to 20 turns. I think this is pretty average. Around 3 Mihawks for 1 skill level.

Top Bottom