• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

And the FP Recuit thing in the tavern, where is says "1 try = 200 PT". What is what and is there anything else I can do with those PT or should I go for it?

kubus

Oh craaaaap I think I accidently closed the app at the 500doom screen. I already hit 500 but when I opened the app again I didn't get any gems.

... Time to reroll :(

Yaari

Rerolling is super easy with iFunbox. I doubt there is a way to save the tutorial character though. You could potentially run with 2 gold rarity characters then.

I can do like 2 rerolls per minute, really fast.

kubus

Rerolling is super easy with iFunbox. I doubt there is a way to save the tutorial character though. You could potentially run with 2 gold rarity characters then.

I can do like 2 rerolls per minute, really fast.

Could you explain how this works exactly? I suppose you delete the file in iFunbox after doing the draw using the 500doom gems? And this will also delete the first rolled character then? :O

I don't know if I want to do this trick because I just got a Enraged Arlong from my first draw and I think I want to keep him :p

Yaari

Could you explain how this works exactly? I suppose you delete the file in iFunbox after doing the draw using the 500doom gems? And this will also delete the first rolled character then? :O

Edit: Removed my post because I am getting many errors and crashes. If someone knows how to reroll properly with iFunBox then please do tell.

kubus

Edit: Removed my post because I am getting many errors and crashes. If someone knows how to reroll properly with iFunBox then please do tell.

That sucks :(. Hope someone can help out and you can fix it without losing your character.

I just did the second pull and got a Captain Kuro. So that + Enraged Arlong is a good set up for a Slasher team I guess. I can't use Kuro yet though, he costs 15 points lol. So I think I'll just stick to this and not mingle with the game files..

LogicStep

I'm a little confused as to what a crew should be made of. These are the cards I have so far.

IG8Nha1.jpg

I like Luffy and would like having him as my captain. Does that mean I should have as many red characters as I can because of his boost? Reading through some guides, this game seems more deep than it leads on.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I'm a little confused as to what a crew should be made of. These are the cards I have so far.

I like Luffy and would like having him as my captain. Does that mean I should have as many red characters as I can because of his boost? Reading through some guides, this game seems more deep than it leads on.
You can start a nice Slasher team.

Leader Arlong:
Subs: Zorro/Buggy as damage dealer, Usopp/Alvida for Support

You can farm Captain Black as well once you finished the story missions, he fits nice into this team.

cw_sasuke

Alvida is too expensive for that team.

Well...put Luffy or someone else in the spot until you can afford her. At the end there is no one team for everything you will always want to adjust depending on the enemy and mission. Arlong is the best leader you have, as well as 2 Slasher subs. Rest is flexible.

kubus

A few things that are unclear to me:

- What are friend points for? I see they can be used to recruit new characters but do they have any other uses?

- What should I do with fodder characters? Feed them to my crew to power them or sell? So far I think belli are only used to evolve characters but I'm not sure.

Really digging this game, it's very addictive... Next up, Orange Town!

cw_sasuke

- What are friend points for? I see they can be used to recruit new characters but do they have any other uses?

- What should I do with fodder characters? Feed them to my crew to power them or sell? So far I think belli are only used to evolve characters but I'm not sure.

They are only used for Friendpulls so far - yes. And you should use the fodder charas to power up your main units since its the only consistent and reliable way at this point - exp turtles are too rare to depend on them.

RalchAC

I think people didn't answered me before. But should I keep farming 5-1 for penguins and crabs or it'd be better to farm story characters and wait to Thursday for the penguins and crab farming?

I don't think so. But friendpoints means more characters, which means more randoms you can use to power up your team.

- What should I do with fodder characters? Feed them to my crew to power them or sell? So far I think belli are only used to evolve characters but I'm not sure

Belli is used for power up and evolving. Use the randoms to level up your party members. One Saturdays and Sundays there is an event on the Extra Island where you can get like 50k for 10-15 stamina. You can get enough money for the week on those two days.

Yeah, it's great and surprisingly addictive.

Great OT!

I have a few questions, however. What are these evolver type cards? They are filling up my inventory.
Another thing is, what is wrong with them and their pricing? This is rediculous!
I was prepared and actually wanted to spend money but 5$ for oone card? Are they crazy? I was hoping for 5 gems for a dollar and would have spend money, but this?

Over all the game is great, I have no idea what I am doing and just keep clicking... Is there more to the fighting than that?
I do not understand Tandem, the colors or what difference the classes have.

You start with your character at level 1. Using the "power up" tab in Crew you can level them up. Each character has a lvl cap, and when you reach it, you must evolve it in order to be able to make him more powerful than he is. Different characters have different requirements for evolving, that's why there are 3 types of evolve creatures (seahorse, shell and penguins).

The turtles give a big exp boost to your characters.

I haven't seen the prices, tbh. But the game is good enough at giving you gems and I'd say that once you have a half decent team you should start focusing on adding more slots. As game progresses and you start to save evolvers / different teams / and randoms for powering up your party members you'll need more slots.

I think I have 50 so far.

Raxious

What should I use my gems for? Try and get rare cards? Expand my character slots?

My advice would be to invest in your character slots. Get roughly 50, maybe a 100 if you can. They fill up real fast, especially when farming for evolution cards. Currently only a couple of cards can only be found through the use of gems, most of them can also be farmed, so it's useless to spend gems on them.

Yaari

So did anyone succesfully use the iFunBox reroll method, because otherwise I'll have to endure the tutorial.. haha.

Gogo_ZvC

Nice... I'm at like 50 Captain Black attempts and still no drop, but I can't stop at this point lol.

Just got the title for completing the stage 30 times this morning...

That 0.00000000000000000000000000000002LOLJK000000000000003% drop rate is killing me.

On the plus side I am getting turtles and cola from the run.

Raxious

Finally evolved my Luffy.

So tempted to buy a ton of gems and just try to get some extra randoms, couldn't even beat Arlong :'(

cw_sasuke

Just got the title for completing the stage 30 times this morning...

That 0.00000000000000000000000000000002LOLJK000000000000003% drop rate is killing me.

On the plus side I am getting turtles and cola from the run.

Got that title on the weekend...hope he drops soon, driving me crazy xD

So tempted to buy a ton of gems and just try to get some extra randoms, couldn't even beat Arlong :'(

Eh you will get there - no need to get Gems when you can achieve the same by leveling your units for 1-2 days. I also had problems at first with Arlong...now he is a joke.

Try to team with Vivi for every round Rcv or Alvida for dmg reduction. It might take a bit more time, but thats a safe approach.

I just got Enraged Arlong by spending five gems that I got for beating Buggy, and jesus, his attack is like four/five times everything else that I have. Not sure if that says a lot about how bad my team is (Luffy, Zoro and Alvida, although I can't use Alvida any more as I'm out of points (or maybe I should use Alvida instead of Zoro, but then I'll have too much red on my team; also have Coby)).

How do you level up their abilities? The OP mentions that you're gonna want to do that, but I don't know how. It also says in the OP that you get a four-star Zoro when you beat Morgan, but iirc mine is just three-stars, same as Luffy.

cw_sasuke

I just got Enraged Arlong by spending five gems that I got for beating Buggy, and jesus, his attack is like four/five times everything else that I have. Not sure if that says a lot about how bad my team is (Luffy, Zoro and Alvida, although I can't use Alvida any more as I'm out of points (or maybe I should use Alvida instead of Zoro, but then I'll have too much red on my team; also have Coby)).

How do you level up their abilities? The OP mentions that you're gonna want to do that, but I don't know how. It also says in the OP that you get a four-star Zoro when you beat Morgan, but iirc mine is just three-stars, same as Luffy.

Arlong is a...beast (lol) - so yeah his ATK pushed by his own and friends Captain Leaderskill is nuts. I have Ace the Arlongs on my Friendlist have like 3x as much ATK power lol - cant have it all.

You never get the evolved version from drops or story clears. It just means that you can obtain that Zorro version via leveling the reward you got.

Abilities can be leveled up by powering up characters with so called skill card or another unit/same unit that has the same skill. I think the upcoming Buggy Event will be the first one that drops Skill cards for Luffy.

Arlong is a...beast (lol) - so yeah his ATK pushed by his own and friends Captain Leaderskill is nuts. I have Ace the Arlongs on my Friendlist have like 3x as much ATK power lol - cant have it all.

You never get the evolved version from drops or story clears. It just means that you can obtain that Zorro version via leveling the reward you got.

Abilities can be leveled up by powering up characters with so called skill card or another unit/same unit that has the same skill. I think the upcoming Buggy Event will be the first one that drops Skill cards for Luffy.

Ah right, so after I evolve Zoro I will have to evolve him again to get Asura Zoro?

And oh, the skill cards. Completely forgot they existed. I haven't found a single one so far. Seems like it'll be rather difficult to fully level up abilities then. If this game gets too grind-ey after I while I think I'm out, but I'm enjoying it so far.

cw_sasuke

Yeah more or less, check this page for evolutions and combinations.

http://op-tc-eng-version.blogspot.com.au/p/evolutions.html

And just because something is possible doesnt mean that you have to go after it to enjoy the game. Stuff like leveling up skills isnt really needed at this point anyway, same as max leveling your character etc. If you are going in with mindset of maxing and perfecting every character you are in for a lot of pain xD

Raxious

Ah right, so after I evolve Zoro I will have to evolve him again to get Asura Zoro?

And oh, the skill cards. Completely forgot they existed. I haven't found a single one so far. Seems like it'll be rather difficult to fully level up abilities then. If this game gets too grind-ey after I while I think I'm out, but I'm enjoying it so far.

The upcoming Buggy event that starts later today has a chance of dropping skill books for Luffy.

Yaari

I wish I stuck with the account that gave me 2 gold draws. I've been rerolling 6 times and never even got a single gold again. Oh well, no rush.

RalchAC

For some reason I felt like using the 5 gems summon.

I couldn't resist the tentation so I did

I got a Gold Hammer Ussop.

His skill is awesome.

In the meanwhile I have Zoro, Sanji and Chopper at max level. Evolve stage on extra island can't come soon enough.

Does that book work with all Luffy evolve versions ?

If I level up his skill and after that I evolve my Luffy to his Gear Second form, will I lose my progress? Will the skill go back to level 1? That would suck.

Om3ga

Once you have Golden Ussop then team of Luffy captain, Sanji (healer), Zoro or another high damage Slasher, 1 filler char (I have alvida) and Arlong as a friend captain should make quick work of that stage.

This is a no gems team. I can beat Arlong before he attacks and at most he attacks only once. Most of my chars are lvl 20-30.

If like myself you can't evolve any of the original crew (luffy/ussop/zoro/sanji) and stuck with their weak version, get a friend's Vivi to join you.

Then just gruely pummel Arlong for the next 15 minutes until he dies.

linkent

Guys what to do with duplicate character?
I read somewhere that powering up with dupe will get bonus exp?
Does that apply to different tier unit?
Was thinking of evolving my Buggy, but aftaid that i cant get the bonus with 3* Buggy later on.

Also so far i dont think it is possible to get 2 loot in a stage?so it will be a good idea to kill the material dropper first in the stage before killing the other fodder.

chrono01

10 minutes until Buggy event!

Guys what to do with duplicate character?
I read somewhere that powering up with dupe will get bonus exp?
Does that apply to different tier unit?
Was thinking of evolving my Buggy, but aftaid that i cant get the bonus with 3* Buggy later on.

Also so far i dont think it is possible to get 2 loot in a stage?so it will be a good idea to kill the material dropper first in the stage before killing the other fodder.
Yeah, if you feed duplicates to each other apparently you get an XP boost for it as well as slight chance to increase their skill level. It should apply to all forms of their evolutions, but I'm not entirely sure on that.

And only one piece of loot per stage, unfortunately. It's especially heart-breaking when you have a Big Turtle on that particular stage and one of the other "fodder" enemies drop instead. As for the order in which you kill them, it doesn't matter. The drop is already determined before you attack your first enemy.

Top Bottom