• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Fbh

Woah, thnx for the link to the APK in the OP.

Just... before I start investing time in this. How does it work it updates later?. I remember that I also had to download the APK for Puzzles & Dragons (also region locked) but then it wouldn't let me update from my phone

chrono01

Which one is best?
The final, if you can handle it. I'm guessing it has the best chance to drop Buggy, and the better opportunities at XP turtles. I went through the first two without difficulty, not sure how the final one is. I need 4 more Stamina before I can try again.

Didn't get him either... Did all three, since I was saving up stamina for the event.

The hardest level was a little tricky, mainly just because of the tanky Cannon troops. Golden Hammer Usopp came to the rescue again though. Did get a turtle drop, so that's nice.

What do you need to evolve to Asura Zoro? I have the 4 star Zoro but it says I'm missing two cards I need to evolve and so far I have the yellow seahorse (with the pink coral on his head) and the green crab.

Stider

Got a skill book from 2nd Buggy stage, was a skill book for gum-gum pistol though :(

Also got Buggy from the same run :)

linkent

The Buggy drop for Veteran level is level 13.
Use it to power up my Buggy, it instantly level up for being same character.
Try the stage a 2nd time, be careful with the second last level. It instantly one shot me for 4800dmg by the gun unit.

Uthred

Presumably the combo multiplier applies to the next attack and as such you should always attack from the unit with the weakest attack to the unit with the strongest attack?

There is no such time for the EN version yet, as it hasn't been incorporated yet.

Hopefully soon, as leveling units is a headache with the current forms of XP grinding. :(

Ah thats a pity, because as you say leveling is a pain.

A few questions

How do these level-up bonuses work? Sometimes when I level up I get some 1,5x multiplier.

What do I need for Tashigi to level up?
What do I need for the second Luffy to level up?
What do I need for the first Usopp to level up?

I can not access blogspot now, so thats why I ask here.

linkent

A few questions

How do these level-up bonuses work? Sometimes when I level up I get some 1,5x multiplier.
think these are all random

What do I need for Tashigi to level up?
coral seahorse(3rd form), rainbow penguin,
Blue penguin, blue pirate penguin, blue crab.

What do I need for the second Luffy to level up?
pony seahorse(1st form), red penguin to level to 2nd form
Coral sea horse(3rd form), red pirate penguin, red crab, red dragon to level to 3rd form.

What do I need for the first Usopp to level up?
you will want to level him to hammer form, which need pony seahorse(1st form), yellow penguin, yellow crab.

I can not access blogspot now, so thats why I ask here.

Answer in bold.

chrono01

So apparently the Skill Books don't work on evolved units. Their skill has to be identical and, since Luffy's evolved form give 15x not 7x, it's meaningless to me.

Oh well.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
OK I tried the first 15 stamina Buggy event and it was white easy. Will give the more difficult one a try later, hope the right friends have their leaders up by then.

So apparently the Skill Books don't work on evolved units. Their skill has to be identical and, since Luffy's evolved form give 15x not 7x, it's meaningless to me.

Oh well.
Yeah that's expected since both Luffys use a different skill and let's be honest, would be weird if you could get Luffy skill up for his final form from such an easy event already.

chrono01

OK I tried the first 15 stamina Buggy event and it was white easy. Will give the more difficult one a try later, hope the right friends have their leaders up by then.

Yeah that's expected since both Luffys use a different skill and let's be honest, would be weird if you could get Luffy skill up for his final form from such an easy event already.
True enough. At least it's still good for XP.

I think I might stick to Intermediate for farming since, well...I had to use Rainbow Gems to finish Expert [I got super determined and wouldn't give up, although I probably should have]. I did get a Rainbow Gem for finishing, and an XP turtle along the way, but not worth the headache. My team isn't quite there yet. :(

RalchAC

Green pirate penguin and green dragon.

Mmmmm... which is your first Zoro evolution? When I was wondering which evolution to pick for mine, I saw two. There is one that needs a Seahorse, Penguin, Crab, and other that just uses Seahorse and Penguin. Azura Zoro costs different mats if you choose the "easier" evolution. That's why I'm going for the crab one even if I have the mats right now for the other evolution.

In the long term I'm probably going to be grateful that I chose the "hard path". Event islands drop small penguins, but I don't think you can get a pirate penguin anywhere right now.

I've beaten Easy and Veteran Buggy. I haven't done the Elite one yet. But Arlong in the story has beaten me so I dunno if I should get there.

chrono01

I've beaten Easy and Veteran Buggy. I haven't done the Elite one yet. But Arlong in the story has beaten me so I dunno if I should get there.
For me, Elite Buggy is a lot more challenging than story Arlong. I did it once, used a couple Rainbow Gems [although I shouldn't have], and never again. I got the completion bonus, that's enough.

Intermediate for me.

1-3 has a chance of dropping them. You're better off doing the event island today though ;)

Does the difficulty actually increases the drop rate of Buggy?
It should effect the chance for all drops, yeah.

Maybe something like 10%/40%/80%?

linkent

Mmmmm... which is your first Zoro evolution? When I was wondering which evolution to pick for mine, I saw two. There is one that needs a Seahorse, Penguin, Crab, and other that just uses Seahorse and Penguin. Azura Zoro costs different mats if you choose the "easier" evolution. That's why I'm going for the crab one even if I have the mats right now for the other evolution.

In the long term I'm probably going to be grateful that I chose the "hard path". Event islands drop small penguins, but I don't think you can get a pirate penguin anywhere right now.

I evolve my Zoro to the Harder evolution(require Crab) kinda regret it now as he is currently level 33. Would have evolve him to Asura version already if i evolve him to the easier one instead.

I think you can get Pirate Penguin on the daily penguin island, at worse you can wait till next island where they come out.

Elite Buggy is definitely harder than Arlong.
I havent tried with Friend's Arlong leader way yet.
Will only use the ViVi FLeader first since it is safer.
Lucky for me to start with Arlong team. Guess this will be hard to other low damage team.

RalchAC

For me, Elite Buggy is a lot more challenging than story Arlong. I did it once, used a couple Rainbow Gems [although I shouldn't have], and never again. I got the completion bonus, that's enough.

Intermediate for me.

I would never use Rainbow Gems for a battle. There are way more useful ways to spend them IMO. Unless I know there is 100% chance to get an awesome >=4* card, I mean. But so far I haven't felt like using them.

I would use GAFfer Vivi, but he is so OP that it kind of feels like cheating fighting Arlong with her :p

It should effect the chance for all drops, yeah.

Maybe something like 10%/40%/80%?

That looks, really, really optimistic for a F2P game.

I think the main advantadge of Elite Buggy is that he is the already evolved version.

The others have the original one.

I evolve my Zoro to the Harder evolution(require Crab) kinda regret it now as he is currently level 33. Would have evolve him to Asura version already if i evolve him to the easier one instead.

I think you can get Pirate Penguin on the daily penguin island, at worse you can wait till next island where they come out.

Lucky for me to start with Arlong team. Guess this will be hard to other low damage team.

Mmmm. Are you sure the Pirate Penguin drops in the Penguin island? I looked at the blog full of useful info and I think it said it didn't.

Leveling up a character to 50 must be terrible though. My Buggy is at level 31 and it's already quite hard to level him up without Turtles.

chrono01

Yeah, my problem is the last wave and the high-defense enemies. If I don't bring a high-level Arlong, my current team can't break the defense which results in only single HP attacks. If I bring Arlong, I can't negate the high damage/heal, which Vivi provides.

It's too bad they didn't have the turtle time quests available prior to this so we could level up our units some. Hopefully it'll be around before the second event.

I would never use Rainbow Gems for a battle. There are way more useful ways to spend them IMO. Unless I know there is 100% chance to get an awesome >=4* card, I mean. But so far I haven't felt like using them.

I would use GAFfer Vivi, but he is so OP that it kind of feels like cheating fighting Arlong with her :p

That looks, really, really optimistic for a F2P game.

I think the main advantadge of Elite Buggy is that he is the already evolved version.

The others have the original one.
Oh, I know. I was just determined/frustrated with it and blew through a couple. I got one for completing it, so it's not a total loss, but yes in F2P games I make it a point to never use Rainbow Gems to continue. This was the single exception, since the game is still new and I felt underprepared. Hopefully, when the next one comes around, I'll be more comfortable. If not, I will refrain from using Rainbow Gems.

[I need to save up for Boa Hancock!]

And the odds I posted are just a guess. If it's similar to Puzzle & Dragons, though, it wouldn't surprise me. The most difficult rank in that game usually gives you an extremely high-chance for the drop [80%], but perhaps the middle one was estimated a little high. 20% might be more accurate, given my experiences. Or maybe I'm just unlucky. :/

chrono01

What's a good speed team I should aim for atm? Eventually I'd like to use Boa Hancock in my team.
http://op-tc-eng-version.blogspot.ca/2015/02/team-building-concept-2-leaders-and.html

So:

Captain:

Portgaz D. Ace

Subs:

Sanji Diablo Jambe
Captain Kuro
"Demon" Ginn
Sargeant Tashigi

Friend:

Portgaz D. Ace

That's only for currently released units, and you can't [yet] farm for Tashigi [although you will soon].

Boa Hancock is definitely wanted for my team, although I doubt I'll get her [horrible luck]. She's not yet available either, and will be 24H/Event Gatcha exclusive.

Top Bottom