• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

linkent

Good call on adding God Hammer Usopp. Not a QCK-type, but invaluable skill.
Well, He IS the God of this game. Fit and should be in most team.
Using his skill on last Stage of Elite Buggy let us wipe the fodder in those extra turns and left with Buggy to deal with.

chrono01

Using his skill on last Stage of Elite Buggy let us wipe the fodder in those extra turns and left with Buggy to deal with.
Not for me and my units. Their defense, too high. :(

But yes, he's insanely helpful.

ib0hCCdDPfengb.gif

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Only reason to not have Usopp in your team is when you know you can brute force through the stage and wont likely be able to use the skill anyway.

Taking a break of farming Cpt. Black - dude just wont drop maybe i have more luck with Buggy through his Event Island.

RalchAC

You don't recruit an evolved Buggy though...

You don't? Damn.

Well, my Buggy is level 31 anyway. So I'm not in the worst situation. I wish it was easier to level him up :(

Yeah, it seems that
by the end of Dressrossa
he might have an army of 8000 men after all :p.

His skill in the game is incredible too. I wish I had a Shanks so I could make Yellow team or something.

Did the first two Buggy returns events and got Buggy both times. He's kinda weak so not sure what to do with my two Buggys. I'll keep 'em for now. Didn't get any skill cards, and couldn't complete the elite event just yet; that one was way too hard for my current team.

cw_sasuke

Oh yes Buggy dropped - perfect.

Might try the higher difficulty later on as well.

Edit:

If i havent confirmed you invitation it just means the list is packed - i will add you once i have more space.

RalchAC

I've done the Penguin level. The final boss is a rainbow penguin, not a pirate one. So I guess we'd have to wait for a while before we get it.

I've got 4 of those things in my first try. Will farm them today as much as posible in order to be able to evolve stuff. I'll have to get 20-30 extra slots for all my evolving stuff :p

Can't wait for Friday, which is Crab day IIRC.

Edit: I evolved my Chopper into the purple one. I think his Skill + Buggy's are going to be really useful in a purple team (he changes near allies orbs to meat. It's nice for healing and couple with Buggy change Meat orbs for Meat I can get something quite juicy).

Wish I had a Robin too :(

chrono01

Finally got a Buggy drop [Intermediate]. Expert seems so much better for turtles [I haven't gotten one yet on Intermediate], but I can't easily complete it with my currently-leveled team.

It's a conundrum. :/

chrono01

How does tandem work, I have all 4 characters for a tandem but I don't know how to do it
You need to wait until one of them gets the TND orbs and then tap on them [starting with "1"] in order, with a Good/Great/Perfect result. Missing, or tapping too early, will break the chain.

Om3ga

Finally got a Buggy drop [Intermediate]. Expert seems so much better for turtles [I haven't gotten one yet on Intermediate], but I can't easily complete it with my currently-leveled team.

It's a conundrum. :/
What team do you use? What characters do you have leveled?

I've dropped 1 Teenage turtle, 2 baby turtles and 3 Luffy Bazooka Skillbooks and I've only run it 3 times. So Elite is definitely the place to be if you want xp drops. Sucks only intel turtles drop...

Sadly I've already maxed Luffy's level so I don't want to waste the Skill books on him, but 5000xp to any char is still good.

chrono01

What team do you use? What characters do you have leveled?

I've dropped 1 Teenage turtle, 2 baby turtles and 3 Luffy Bazooka Skillbooks and I've only run it 3 times. So Elite is definitely the place to be if you want xp drops. Sucks only intel turtles drop...

Sadly I've already maxed Luffy's level so I don't want to waste the Skill books on him, but 5000xp to any char is still good.
My current team doesn't have a lot of cohesion.

Level 43 Ace [Leader]
Level 23 Gum-Gum Bazooka Luffy
Level 24 Golden Pound Usopp
Level 21 Pound Phoenix Roronoa Zoro
Level 21 Hot Rock Stew Sanji

I have Gin, that would be better suited for me considering Ace is my Leader, but he's only Level 14 and un-evolved. I would have loved to get Kuro too, but didn't expect this event to start so soon. :(

cw_sasuke

Level 43 Ace [Leader]

I have Gin, that would be better suited for me considering Ace is my Leader, but he's only Level 14 and un-evolved. I would have loved to get Kuro too, but didn't expect this event to start so soon. :(

If you would put Zeff as a leader and run Ace/Luffy/Sanji/Usopp as subs with a Friend Zeff you should be able to clear the stage without problems.

I am running more or less the same team and only 3 of your units benefit from Aces 4x boost - with the Zeff variant you have 5 units that get 6.25x atk boost.

RalchAC

In case anyone hasn't noticed yet, there is a typo in the Event description. It says it lasts until the 3rd of May but the Extra Island has a 13 days countdown.

Level 43 Ace [Leader]

I think I have the "normal" party and a INT party that isn't complete yet.

The INT party has

Level 31 Buggy [Leader]
Level 17 Krieg
Level 11 Chopper
Level 23 Gum-Gum Bazooka Luffy (Want Nami or Robin here!)
Level 14 God Hammer Ussop

The other has:

Level 23 Buggy [Leader]
Level 20 Zoro
Level 14 God Ussop
Level 19 Sanji
Level 24 Luffy.

That's like a jack of all trades master of non build TBH. I'd like to get Zeff or Arlong since those Captains must be perfect for teams that have those purposes. Since I don't think I'll need those dragons anytime soon, I may farm him tomorrow

chrono01

If you would put Zeff as a leader and run Ace/Luffy/Sanji/Usopp as subs with a Friend Zeff you should be able to clear the stage without problems.

I am running more or less the same team and only 3 of your units benefit from Aces 4x boost - with the Zeff variant you have 5 units that get 6.25x atk boost.
I don't have a Zeff, unfortunately. Tried farming for him and I couldn't get lucky with his drop. :(

In case anyone hasn't noticed yet, there is a typo in the Event description. It says it lasts until the 3rd of May but the Extra Island has a 13 days countdown.

I think I have the "normal" party and a INT party that isn't complete yet.

The INT party has

Level 31 Buggy [Leader]
Level 17 Krieg
Level 11 Chopper
Level 23 Gum-Gum Bazooka Luffy (Want Nami or Robin here!)
Level 14 God Hammer Ussop

The other has:

Level 23 Buggy [Leader]
Level 20 Zoro
Level 14 God Ussop
Level 19 Sanji
Level 24 Luffy.

That's like a jack of all trades master of non build TBH. I'd like to get Zeff or Arlong since those Captains must be perfect for teams that have those purposes. Since I don't think I'll need those dragons anytime soon, I may farm him tomorrow
Best of luck to you in the quest for farming!

chrono01

Oh nice, Rainbow Gem for Login Day #10. Apparently we get another 3 for Login Day #15.

*saving them*

Edit - Sorry for the double-post.

linkent

So I really thing every stage of a level can only drop 1 loot.
If it is, It will be a good idea to kill Buggy first before the other to prevent the fodder dropping thus denying Buggy drop.

I tried the Vet Buggy instead. Kill him first and he drops.
The Exp is good too 1000. While Elite is 1000-1400.

Gonna try killing him first on Elite later.

So I really thing every stage of a level can only drop 1 loot.
If it is, It will be a good idea to kill Buggy first before the other to prevent the fodder dropping thus denying Buggy drop.

I tried the Vet Buggy instead. Kill him first and he drops.
The Exp is good too 1000. While Elite is 1000-1400.

Gonna try killing him first on Elite later.

As someone else already posted, the drops are determined before you defeat your enemy. In other words, the other you defeat them doesn't matter.

Om3ga

Level 43 Ace [Leader]

Speed team is nice, but since it's not rounded out yet with the characters you want you should go for something more suited to just dealing big damage.

I run

Level 35 Bazooka Luffy (Leader)
Level 32 Hammer Usopp
Level 27 Pound Phoenix Zoro
Level 31 HRS Chef Sanji
Level 22 Smooth Alvida (I could sub her out for Cabaji, but I like her damage better)
Level 7 Merry Go 1.2X Damage increase

I always use an Arlong friend leader with this team as he hits CRAZY hard.

chrono01

Speed team is nice, but since it's not rounded out yet with the characters you want you should go for something more suited to just dealing big damage.

I run

Level 35 Bazooka Luffy (Leader)
Level 32 Hammer Usopp
Level 27 Pound Phoenix Zoro
Level 31 HRS Chef Sanji
Level 22 Smooth Alvida (I could sub her out for Cabaji, but I like her damage better)
Level 7 Merry Go 1.2X Damage increase

I always use an Arlong friend leader with this team as he hits CRAZY hard.
Yeah, I'm currently taking a break from the Buggy event [since I already got the drop once], and working on farming Zeff. Here's hoping he drops soon for me so I can return to Buggy farming [after I level him up a bit first, of course].

N30RYU

You need to wait until one of them gets the TND orbs and then tap on them [starting with "1"] in order, with a Good/Great/Perfect result. Missing, or tapping too early, will break the chain.

ohh my bad just assumed that evolved Luffy would work as normal Luffy...

cw_sasuke

On the Buggy stage it also doesnt help that you it can have a DEX midboss with Cabaji - QCK teams arent the best move right now.
Oh nice, Rainbow Gem for Login Day #10. Apparently we get another 3 for Login Day #15.

*saving them*

Oh nice, thats cool !!

linkent

As someone else already posted, the drops are determined before you defeat your enemy. In other words, the other you defeat them doesn't matter.
That mean i had a string of bad luck then, the previous 4 elite buggy runs has no drop :(
The skill book are really rare! And it doesnt even guarantee a skill up.

RiZ III

If I get a "game over" and and don't use a gem to continue, does that mean I lose all my data and have to start from scratch?

cw_sasuke

If I get a "game over" and and don't use a gem to continue, does that mean I lose all my data and have to start from scratch?

You lose the stamina you spend on this round and the drop that you would have gotten, thats all.
btw. If you are unsure about it dont know - never use gems to continue, its not worth it.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Yeah I'm still trying to understand this game, got zorro drop (evolved over regular) and a couple other rares, still sorting out what's going on.

Fun game

chrono01

If you are unsure about it dont know - never use gems to continue, its not worth it.
Definitely this.

Don't do what I did earlier today. I was insane and wanted to complete the quest. I knew it wasn't worth it, yet I did it anyway.

I repeat: DO NOT DO WHAT I DID!

Save your Rainbow Gems purely for expanding your Unit maximum size or for rare pulls.

chrono01

Use 1 gem to continue is also a waste because you can use that same gem to refill your stamina and try again with a better strategy.
Precisely.

Unless a super-rare drops earlier in the stage and you know you're going to complete the run with only one extra Rainbow Gem, it might be worth using it. Maybe. Other than that, definitely save them.

Majukun

Is there any trick to farm a character correctly? I lost the count of how many times I made baratie chapter 3 to get zeff... Got 2 patty, 2 carne, but no zeff

cw_sasuke

Another noob question, how do I set a friend as the captain?

The friend you chose before a stage will always be the Captain...or do you mean something else ?
Is there any trick to farm a character correctly? I lost the count of how many times I made baratie chapter 3 to get zeff... Got 2 patty, 2 carne, but no zeff
No, just luck - tried Captain Kuro for like 60 times and he didnt drop.

RiZ III

The friend you chose before a stage will always be the Captain...or do you mean something else ?

Oh I didn't realize this. To use that friends"captain ability", do I need that same character on my team as well? Kind of confused from the "help" page.

Yaari

In my latest reroll I got some Super UR Arlong, and a Tony Chopper UR. Why are there so many Tony Chopper cards in the recruit?

Probably going to try another few times as I think I'd rather have Usopp

cw_sasuke

Yaari you get Usopp from playing the story mission very quick - wouldnt reroll often for him. Evolving him to his "God" version also doesnt take long.
Oh I didn't realize this. To use that friends"captain ability", do I need that same character on my team as well? Kind of confused from the "help" page.

No, as long he is your "friend" and not just a guest the ability will be active. Having the same Captain can result in some high multiplication like 4x or 6.25x dmg.

Hisoka

Yo my nakamas, i got Alvida. Is she any good?

Also, i think i don't know how to reroll properly. I might be dumb. I can't escape this tutorial can i? Just delete my data if i don't get my stuff? It seems to be suuuuprrrrr time consuming!

cw_sasuke

Yo my nakamas, i got Alvida. Is she any good?

Also, i think i don't know how to reroll properly. I might be dumb. I can't escape this tutorial can i? Just delete my data if i don't get my stuff? It seems to be suuuuprrrrr time consuming!

Fat Alvida or the evolution ? If its Evo...yeah she is nice.

Rerolling takes some time with all the date that has to be redownloaded - yes.

Thanks for the tandem advice; I haven't even seen it in the menu but I'll take a look next time!

In my latest reroll I got some Super UR Arlong, and a Tony Chopper UR. Why are there so many Tony Chopper cards in the recruit?

Probably going to try another few times as I think I'd rather have Usopp

Dude, it's either just Chopper/Choppa or Tony Tony Chpper/Choppa.

And stop re-rolling lol, at that point you're just wasting your time. I got worse than you. When I beat Buggy I got another five gems that I spent and got Arlong, so there are more chances as you play along too.

Hisoka

Fat Alvida or the evolution ? If its Evo...yeah she is nice.

Rerolling takes some time with all the date that has to be redownloaded - yes.

She's not fat, she is smooth smooth haha. So she's fine?

Okeydokey. Now i got 6 gems after this tutorial and my alvida.

Now saving my data via code, try to roll, and if its deer shit i just delete, use code, and try again?
Yes no maybe? Thanks! :)

Edit: With code i mean this -> http://onepiece-cruise.blogspot.de/p/reroll.html
Also, wouldn't it be wiser to get more gems, then use this code to reroll? Or is this complete nonsense i want to try right there?

Yaari

Thanks for the tandem advice; I haven't even seen it in the menu but I'll take a look next time!

Dude, it's either just Chopper/Choppa or Tony Tony Chpper/Choppa.

And stop re-rolling lol, at that point you're just wasting your time. I got worse than you. When I beat Buggy I got another five gems that I spent and got Arlong, so there are more chances as you play along too.

Oh I thought they were only obtainable through the recruit. Yeah, I agree, waste of time then.

Yui

The only thing I need from the penguin map is one single blue penguin.
And here I am, wasting my LP because it just won't drop. Q_Q

Top Bottom