• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Between the last Sugo + Raids + Box Increase + Upcoming Turtle Craziness ... I won't have gems to spend on this Sugo. At the most, I'll do 1 YOLO pull and that's it. I'll be saving my gems now for Zephyr + SW Sugo (I might hold out for SW2, not sure).

What units have you guys been dumping candies on? Have a bit of them stacked, thinking of dropping ATK ones on Mihawk and probably HP/RCV on Golden Pound Ussop since he sees so much use.

I've been dumping HP + ATK on Mihawk and RCV on Vivi.

Vivi is kind of a waste, though, with Zombie teams set to become unraidable after Zephyr. Not to mention that I can defeat all of the current raid bosses without one, now.

bjork

I put ATK on Gear 3 because I wasn't sure where to put them, and have spread the others out on different people. GP Usopp for HP and RCV, and I think I did a few on Vivi and Towel Nami.

But since I've mostly pulled Cola, I'm still working on my Mihawk ship. Probably jinxing myself here, but I've only had one fail so far.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, passwords are good for three months now? Well damn, I feel like an idiot now for re-issuing one each week. >_< I wish they'd update the information in-game to correspond with this.

I re-issue a password whenever I do something significant in-game, which can be a variety of things like dropping a new character, SPLV max, etc. I treat the whole process like saving any file/game and just do it numerous times regardless of the expiration date.

The 3 month password I think was actually added the exact same time Japan got it. I have to imagine it works on the same system and not separate like JPN vs GBL. Thus when they got it, we got it too. Players wouldn't notice, unless they read the email sent to yourself.

Hmm I will try my old login PW and see if it work...if not I will contact support

Yeah, you should be good! I'm hoping that's the case.

It's funny though. In the character logs, numerically this batch comes right after Blackbeard and he isn't even on the horizon as far as raid bosses go.

I vaguely remember reading we don't follow the numerical order Japan has in their character log anymore. As in, some of our units are numbered differently. I could be wrong on that and perhaps it is just the release of higher numbered characters sooner than later as per how it was released in Japan.

One person calculated that we seem to get skill ups every 7 weeks. if so our next one should be october 13th. I'm gonna wait and see how accurate it is.

We definitely know it's not coming during the "Rush" event right now. So assumedly it would be in the following 2 weeks after, since we always rotate the super success and skill rate ups. But whether that falls into the 7 week rotation or not is the question and also whether we get anything major like a new raid during that event is another question.

I've been dumping HP + ATK on Mihawk and RCV on Vivi.

Vivi is kind of a waste, though, with Zombie teams set to become unraidable after Zephyr. Not to mention that I can defeat all of the current raid bosses without one, now.

I do the same with Vivi right now too, mainly because I want a super Vivi despite if I never use her. She was my first real captain that got me through a majority of the early fortnights, it's the same way as I remember working hard to evolve/level and acquire Gear 2 Luffy.

Doing silly things like that in the game regardless is what makes things fun, otherwise you follow suit with other players saving RCV for Boa or Enel. Not to say the latter isn't the smarter strategy, it's just we don't have a regular source for Cotton Candy anyway outside of excessively farming, which can be tedious.

In some odd way too, as cool as it is to want to plan ahead. Sometimes planning too far ahead can be a bad thing.

RedBoot

I vaguely remember reading we don't follow the numerical order Japan has in their character log anymore. As in, some of our units are numbered differently. I could be wrong on that and perhaps it is just the release of higher numbered characters sooner than later as per how it was released in Japan.

We follow the same numerical order in the pokedex (piratedex?), they're just jumping around and giving us whatever they feel like. If you look in the list, it'll jump from the early 400's all around to mid-late 500's where Kohza is. As we get the other stuff, it gets backfilled in. So you'll see Zephyr way back in the list when we finally get him.

Om3ga

What units have you guys been dumping candies on? Have a bit of them stacked, thinking of dropping ATK ones on Mihawk and probably HP/RCV on Golden Pound Ussop since he sees so much use.
Right now I can't decide so I just feed them to turtles to save box space.

RedBoot

I'm putting HP on Vista, ATK on Mihawk, and RCV on Robin (which is probably a bad idea, but it's not like there's any RCV-focused teams out there yet). But I'm not too worried, cotton candy is very min-max-y, and I suspect it'll take a year or so to max anyone out at the current rates. :p

ElChado

Neo Member
Got enough cola from cola/candy island to try agian, 560 cola still level 9.

I've been keeping my candy on turtle mules. Gonna give hp and attack to doflamingo when we get him, and recovery to raid enel.

If you want a super vivi save your recovery for valentines vivi she gives a bigger multiplier from her recovery, the downside was her base recovery is low so recovery candy makes her heal stronger.

This is the perfect time to announce Zephyr, triple raids came, box space,sugofest, week of coloured turtle times, everyone is drained of gems and bam zephyr.

RalchAC

I'm putting hp and Attack on Mihawk and my recovery is going to a blue teenage turtle that will be fed to Enel raid boss when it launches.

It certainly feels like Bamco is being a bit rushy with Sugos and stuff. But lately they've been giving plenty of gems since they treat turtle Islands and cotton candy Islands as brand new ones every time they appear. So it kind of balances itself.

Still, I don't think they should delay new bosses for too long. There is a point when you don't pull because you have teams for everything at sight and you'd rather save gems for middle - long term.

chrono01

Well that was scary, I got Kumacy along with Perona on 30-stamina [accompanied by unique dialogue]. The same thing happened last event with Cidrey/Hogback. Thankfully I had GP Usopp ready, so I didn't need to tank many hits. I took two from Perona and one from Kumacy, it knocked me down to 112 health. O_O

So, for those farming her, be careful.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Well that was scary, I got Kumacy along with Perona on 30-stamina [accompanied by unique dialogue]. The same thing happened last event with Cidrey/Hogback. Thankfully I had GP Usopp ready, so I didn't need to tank many hits. I took two from Perona and one from Kumacy, it knocked me down to 112 health. O_O

I'm scared for this because I just blast through the stage before Mihawk can get his special ready.

chrono01

I'm scared for this because I just blast through the stage before Mihawk can get his special ready.
Definitely be careful, then. If it weren't for both of my Mihawk being ready, I'm pretty confident I would have failed. This is with:

Mihawk/Mihawk
Arlong
Ashura Zoro
Morgan
GP Usopp

Maybe if I had Blamenco, or someone similar, it could have been doable. But other than that, I'm guessing it would have been instant death for me. It doesn't help that Kumacy seems to have a decent amount of health.

Verelios

Yoooo, just got my fourth Perona. Drop rate too stronk. Last run thst bear penguin showed up and took 2/3 of my health. He didn't even drop!

Heng

I had this happen to me as well, but I was lucky that he started off with 2 turns. I let her hit me once, then used Usopp and finished both of them in 2 turns once the gloom wore off. I was using a double striker team with kaku, WB, and Blamenco.

Jayhawk

The possibility of a Kumacy, Perona combo at the end isn't so bad with Alvida and Usopp. Take a normal hit if needed, just so their turn counters are both at 1 for Alvida's special to make both their attacks tickle. Then use Usopp's special. One more turn of gloom and you're good to go after.

RalchAC

The possibility of a Kumacy, Perona combo at the end isn't so bad with Alvida and Usopp. Take a normal hit if needed, just so their turn counters are both at 1 for Alvida's special to make both their attacks tickle. Then use Usopp's special. One more turn of gloom and you're good to go after.

You can only get the Kumaci + Perona combo in the end, right? Not in a normal stage.

I haven't got found them yet.

Used like 30 Dog Penguins/Books, no skill ups.
Hopefully all my bad luck went there.

So far my Inuppe is at level 4. I've been able to max my Helmeppo (which was at 21 turns before) and I've saved 9 Peronas so far. The new stamina refresh couldn't have come in a better moment. It's going to save me a lot of gems :)

chrono01

Yeah, with Alvida it's not so bad. I didn't have her in my team though, since I never expected it. Needless to say, I removed Morgan and placed her in afterwards, just to be safe.

You can only get the Kumaci + Perona combo in the end, right? Not in a normal stage.

I haven't got found them yet.
Correct, only in the boss stage.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Made it to Alubarna and will now try to get Mr. 1 - i have a feeling this might take a while xD

For next week Turtle Events i will probably run these leader from Monday till Friday - Marco --> Ace --> MIhawk/Law --> MC -->Towel Nami

btw. Looking for more friend since ive gotten a lot of space from clearing Islands.

Go ahead and add me if we arent friends already - 625.346.186

Wooh, maxed chore boy helmeppo's skill.

So that means I've got maxed:

chore boy helmeppo
smooth Alvida
Asura Zoro

And a few characters like Blameco & Marco are only 1-2 levels away from having their skill maxed.

I gotta say this though: Maxed out Alvida is AMAZING. I've simply been using her skill to take a hit whenever Bearsy shows up, so I can heal up while he's recharging for 4 turns; and by the time I reach Perona Alvida's maxed again.

Being able to easily absorb 80% damage two times during a fortnight run really gives you some breathing room where you need it.

bjork

When you maxed Helmeppo, did it seem like he had a higher success rate for level up attempts? I only had a couple fails, it seemed strangely easy. I wish they all went that way, heh.

When you maxed Helmeppo, did it seem like he had a higher success rate for level up attempts? I only had a couple fails, it seemed strangely easy. I wish they all went that way, heh.

He did go shockingly easy, I got that final level up out of only 2-3 books.

Meanwhile bearsy failed 15 books in a row.

RalchAC

He did go shockingly easy, I got that final level up out of only 2-3 books.

Meanwhile bearsy failed 15 books in a row.

My Bearsy is at level 4 I think. I must be at 3/30 or so, which is a bit terrible tbh.

I have 12 Peronas already. Box space is at 250 but I think I'm going to go straight to 300. I need space for turtles.

My Bearsy is at level 4 I think. I must be at 3/30 or so, which is a bit terrible tbh.

I have 12 Peronas already. Box space is at 250 but I think I'm going to go straight to 300. I need space for turtles.

Out of this event's skill ups I've got:

Helmeppo: maxed. (only needed 2 more though)

bearsy: up to level 2..

puguin: up to level 4

bepo: up to level 4

And I've collected 16 peronas so far in addition to my evolved main Perona.

cw_sasuke

Yes - Mr. 1 dropped after like 20 runs !!

Now im wondering if i should go straight for Croc or if Mrs. Doublefinger is worth the trouble ? Her stats kinda suck but her active might be useful...are there any kind of Dex Burst team that need her active ? Maybe for Ivankov ?

bjork

Now im wondering if i should go straight for Croc or if Mrs. Doublefinger is worth the trouble ? Her stats kinda suck but her active might be useful...are there any kind of Dex Burst team that need her active ? Maybe for Ivankov ?

She'd have come in handy for Hina and Rob Lucci, maybe? I'd go hunt Crocs since he's got the multiple types of evolutions. It's what I plan to do after I farm some Peronas, I only have two so far, heh.

Unrelated: it's weird how not having box space for so long has made powering up/selling right after a level feel like reflex. I keep doing it even when I don't need to. I guess it's a nice problem to have!

cw_sasuke

She'd have come in handy for Hina and Rob Lucci, maybe? I'd go hunt Crocs since he's got the multiple types of evolutions. It's what I plan to do after I farm some Peronas, I only have two so far, heh.

Unrelated: it's weird how not having box space for so long has made powering up/selling right after a level feel like reflex. I keep doing it even when I don't need to. I guess it's a nice problem to have!

You are probably right - her stats are kinda meh and the Khalifa+Paulie combo seems to be more powerful anyway. I will go for Croc later...hope i can get him this weekend so i can use some turtles on him next week.

PS: I totally agree - having to play with such limited box space makes me wanna use it as efficient as possible...so i constantly make sure that everything is optimized lol.

RalchAC

You are probably right - her stats are kinda meh and the Khalifa+Paulie combo seems to be more powerful anyway. I will go for Croc later...hope i can get him this weekend so i can use some turtles on him next week.

PS: I totally agree - having to play with such limited box space makes me wanna use it as efficient as possible...so i constantly make sure that everything is optimized lol.

I've totally started to life more relaxed. Before I noticed I was over 230 spaces used lol.

Still, there is plenty of stuff I could sell without regrets. But yeah.

And I've done some maths. Right now I don't think Doublefinger is worth. However, once Doffy launches she would be a better alternative than Pauli since Doffy 's orb boost only lasts one turn.

I've used github damage calculator.

daydream

Banned
i'm trying different f2p games and this is one of them. liking it so far! i'm guessing adding friends yields some benefits? also, anything to spend friend points on other than fp recruits?

Mazre

i'm trying different f2p games and this is one of them. liking it so far! i'm guessing adding friends yields some benefits? also, anything to spend friend points on other than fp recruits?

Friends serve as 2nd captains, if they're just a helper you don't get the benefit of their captain ability, effectively halving your damage (or more for the more powerful characters). FP draw is the only use for FP, though sometimes there are additional units in the friend draw (evolvers/skill books/turtles) for special events (one coming up next week).

Unrelated, anyone on JP side get a single Usopp book from the duck squad yet? Been running it since it went up and haven't seen any.

Edit: \o/ Max leveled my G3 Luffy. Huzzah.

ElChado

Neo Member

doublefinger makes ivankov easier to burst, i think the go-to team on global for ivankov is going to be double zoro, apoo, law, doublefinger, bellamy assuming you have all of them.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey

I got Mr. 1 in 2 runs. It was really strange.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Unrelated, anyone on JP side get a single Usopp book from the duck squad yet? Been running it since it went up and haven't seen any.

I haven't seen a single one drop on Expert, so I went back to Elite, and I see one in every 10 to 15 runs. It's just like Kuro--brutally rare. Still, with skill-up event going on (at least for another day or so), and Mihawk after Sugo, it's the safest bet for success.

Kind of an annoying fortnight--either take the time to farm meat, or live on the razor's edge and not miss once.

You could always do Master Frieza. They drop there too, and I hear that fortnight is suu~per-easy.

Heng

Man this is the 3rd week I've spent farming for Mr.2. I almost want to give up but he's essential to my psy team. On the bright side, I only did 2 runs to get Mr.1, but I still need double finger and crocodile.

so, you can use friend's captains as captains in your game, did i get that right? wouldn't you be missing out on leveling your captain in that case? i'm probably misunderstanding but i didn't see a slot for '2nd captain'
You still want to level your captain. Think of your friend as a vice captain and you can have the effect of both your captain and the vice captain.

Edit: without your friend captain, you can only bring 5 units into a battle. Your friend's captain will fill the role of the 6th unit and it will also give you their captain ability.

daydream

Banned
Friends serve as 2nd captains, if they're just a helper you don't get the benefit of their captain ability, effectively halving your damage (or more for the more powerful characters). FP draw is the only use for FP, though sometimes there are additional units in the friend draw (evolvers/skill books/turtles) for special events (one coming up next week).

so, you can use friend's captains as captains in your game, did i get that right? wouldn't you be missing out on leveling your captain in that case? i'm probably misunderstanding but i didn't see a slot for '2nd captain'

bjork

In battle, your group has 6 people. But you only pick 5 of your own. So a captain, then four other characters. Before you head out, you pick a friend captain to be that 6th spot. If you check out a character's details, you can see what their ability is, so picking a friend captain can allow you to play a few different strategies. \

But they are "guest" until you complete a stage with them once and add them as a friend, then their status will say "friend" and you'll get to use their captain ability. Guests are just along for the ride and there's no bonus that time. I usually use guest captains when I'm farming on an easy level, so I can clear it without any trouble.

Though, if you manually add someone's code via friend search, they'll be a friend immediately without a guest run.

In the middle of a mobile burnout, juggling 6+ apps is no good.

I was at 5 and I feel you. I'm down to 3 now and I can't decide if I want to just stick with only OPTC or continue with P&D and Dragon Ball or not. My elbow hurts from holding my phone up for such long periods, heh.

daydream

Banned
In battle, your group has 6 people. But you only pick 5 of your own. So a captain, then four other characters. Before you head out, you pick a friend captain to be that 6th spot. If you check out a character's details, you can see what their ability is, so picking a friend captain can allow you to play a few different strategies. \

But they are "guest" until you complete a stage with them once and add them as a friend, then their status will say "friend" and you'll get to use their captain ability. Guests are just along for the ride and there's no bonus that time. I usually use guest captains when I'm farming on an easy level, so I can clear it without any trouble.

Though, if you manually add someone's code via friend search, they'll be a friend immediately without a guest run.

that clears it up, thanks for the thorough explanation!

Spinx

25 (28 lol) Peronas. Halfway there ! Leveling up specials is the worst thing in this game.

nothin' but disappointment
giphy.gif

Majukun

25 (28 lol) Peronas. Halfway there ! Leveling up specials is the worst thing in this game.

nothin' but disappointment
wow, I farmed her non stop and only have about 15..how many do you guys think will be needed for max skill?

by the way.. FINALLY got the Merry to Lv 10

Top Bottom