• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

RalchAC

wow, I farmed her non stop and only have about 15..how many do you guys think will be needed for max skill?

by the way.. FINALLY got the Merry to Lv 10

Congrats! Now just do some quest and see how your damage has skyrocketed. You don't think the difference would be that big unless you play. A 0.3x extra multiplier on top of all the other multipliers you already have makes a big different.

Nah, now he has the soul crushing experience of constantly failing the 9 to 10 upgrade on Coffin Boat at 20 Cola a pop to look forward to!
I'm still suffering from this D:

All kidding aside, congratulation Maju!

At least the Coffin Ship is useful at levels 8-9 (1.4x is like 30k less damage than 1.5 on a Mihawk team). The upgrade path in the Merry is terrible, you don't feel you're doing any progress until you max it.

Maxed Merry really does make a huge difference, for me it really makes certain parts of the Perona fight a breather cause it guarantees I can kill everything.

On that note: Gear 3rd teams are now my absolute favorite thanks to them fixing the android lag issues. being able to reliably hit perfects 99% of the time with all characters destroys mostly anything.

RalchAC

Maxed Merry really does make a huge difference, for me it really makes certain parts of the Perona fight a breather cause it guarantees I can kill everything.

On that note: Gear 3rd teams are now my absolute favorite thanks to them fixing the android lag issues. being able to reliably hit perfects 99% of the time with all characters destroys mostly anything.

I don't especially like G3 teams tbh. I used a Log Luffy when I played the JP version for a while and it seemed more fun having to do Good, Great, Perfect instead of 3 Perfects.

bjork

I've fed probably 30 dog skillbooks to other dudes for easy XP, he still hasn't shown up, heh. Plenty of time left though, I didn't have one of the Mozu/Kiwi ladies until the day before Franky's event ended.

Last Perona run: Dog Pinguin fight, then Kumacy with a one turn attack timer and then a Kumacy+Perona combo at the end. :D

Oh nice, did you beat em? What team do you use?

For me there's really no concern even if that happened, G3 + smoker/alvida/godsopp combo turns the usual glass cannon G3 team into a tank whenever it's needed.

Hana-Bi

Oh nice, did you beat em? What team do you use?

For me there's really no concern even if that happened, G3 + smoker/alvida/godsopp combo turns the usual glass cannon G3 team into a tank whenever it's needed.

Yeah beat them. Had ~7500 health for the final stage and used Alvida after the first Perona attack, then used Usopp and finished them off easily.

My team was double Kidd, Kaku, Smoker, Alvida, Usopp.

Yeah beat them. Had ~7500 health for the final stage and used Alvida after the first Perona attack, then used Usopp and finished them off easily.

My team was double Kidd, Kaku, Smoker, Alvida, Usopp.

Nice!

I actually got Alvida maxed, so I can easily use her to take a hit from Kuma 1 & Kuma 2 if needed.

RalchAC

Yes, but us Global guys can't use Log Luffy right now. Can we? :)

No, we can't. But I found it cool :)

Last Perona run: Dog Pinguin fight, then Kumacy with a one turn attack timer and then a Kumacy+Perona combo at the end. :D

I still haven't encountered the Kumashi + Perona bossfight and I've been playing this island non-stop since it started (well, outside a couple of runs at Mr1 stage that ended with 0 drops...)

Mazre

I haven't seen a single one drop on Expert, so I went back to Elite, and I see one in every 10 to 15 runs. It's just like Kuro--brutally rare. Still, with skill-up event going on (at least for another day or so), and Mihawk after Sugo, it's the safest bet for success.

Kind of an annoying fortnight--either take the time to farm meat, or live on the razor's edge and not miss once.

You could always do Master Frieza. They drop there too, and I hear that fortnight is suu~per-easy.

Finally started to drop, though still only 4 since my last post, but 3 skill-ups so no complaints. Wanted to farm Frieza for ability books but was missing a few pieces from a successful team. In JP sugo news got a SW Franky, so that's good, though there's something particularly demoralizing about pulling a level 50 4* Ms Goldenweek (less than 400 HP and 400 Atk? really?)

Breaking news! If you get the Kumacy and Perona boss fight and get Perona to drop, she drops at level 16 instead of at level 15 that she normally drops on expert. Amazing!

RedBoot

So I know that every skill book has the same chance of success, and no feeding method, or arcane rituals, or prayers to the great Usopp, etc, is going to change that.

Regardless, as I've been farming Peronas, I've been feeding books to Dog Penguin, Kumacy, Yosaku, G2 Luffy, and Helmeppo. With Dog Penguin, I give him books/copies of himself whenever I have 3 or more. Yosaku, Helmeppo, and Luffy get theirs one at a time. Kumacy tends to drop in batches, so he's getting similar treatment to Dog Penguin. My results so far:

Dog Penguin: 1 skill level from max (so like 8-9 skill ups so far)
Kumacy: at skill level 11 (10 skill ups so far)
Helmeppo and Yosaku: 1 skill up so far (which maxes Helmeppo, had him leveled from earlier fortnights)
G2 Luffy: Nada

Obviously, Dog Penguin and Kumacy are dropping more, so they've probably had double or even triple the books as the other guys. But even with that, these are weird results. Yosaku especially, I've gotten enough books to get him to level 40, but he's only gotten one skill up in that time.

Again, I wouldn't read anything from this…but, if you want to be paranoid, feeding books in sets of 3-5 might be something to try. :)

chrono01

Sugofest on Sept. 23rd! Sengoku, joins the battle!

Also [aside form the other Sugofest exclusives]:

Curiel
Fossa
Rakuyo
Namule
Thatch
Blamenco
Izo
Vista
Jozu
Marco
Ace

It'll happen during the DEX rate-up. I'm not sure how the new units are, but I still need Blamenco, Izo, Jozu, and Vista for the old units so I'll definitely pull a few times.

Majukun

but the turtle stage we are doing to get next week are one time things or actual turtle times "di it until time runs off" stuff?

Also [aside form the other Sugofest exclusives]:

Curiel
Fossa
Rakuyo
Namule
Thatch
Blamenco
Izo
Vista
Jozu
Marco
Ace

It'll happen during the DEX rate-up. I'm not sure how the new units are, but I still need Blamenco, Izo, Jozu, and Vista for the old units so I'll definitely pull a few times.
Well I lack Izo, so a DEX rate up is good for me.. but i Really just wanna find towel Nami or marco so that I can use they skillbooks at the next skill up event.. i would have soo much more space in the inventory if that happens.
Basically since the last 2 Sugofest have been utter shit for me, I have so many decent characters that I don't have, that I'm bound to find someone decent even pulling just a few.. right guys?

.. guys?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
but the turtle stage we are doing to get next week are one time things or actual turtle times "di it until time runs off" stuff?
Well I lack Izo, so a DEX rate up is good for me.. but i Really just wanna find towel Nami or marco so that I can use they skillbooks at the next skill up event.. i would have soo much more space in the inventory if that happens.
Basically since the last 2 Sugofest have been utter shit for me, I have so many decent characters that I don't have, that I'm bound to find someone decent even pulling just a few.. right guys?

.. guys?
I hope you like Zoros.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
*SNIP* Again, I wouldn't read anything from this…but, if you want to be paranoid, feeding books in sets of 3-5 might be something to try. :)

I know it varies for players and ultimately the amount of runs they do, then what we all can collect based on the runs. But I do think there is an odd "piece of mind" aspect when it comes to using books/copies and respectively "how" we use them or what sets. Usually when it comes to new character units I like to go with the 5 per method, just in case you get the odd super success.

For skillbooks I'll usually do the same 5 per method, but lately I've been following a giant batch method of say 12 or 15 for more important units (ie. Urouge, Bepo, Whitebeard). And there I'll go 3 per at a time. The way I look at it, if say I have a batch of 12, I get four chances at a single skill up. It's beyond anecdotal, but I've found good success with it lately. Plus it makes the hunt/use of the books less disparaging if say books are harder to come by. There is nothing worse than going 0/5 on a skill up attempt and it sucks all around to hear it from any player, let alone yourself.

I finished with the event myself late Friday night (Kumacy, Dog Penguin, Perona, and Yosaku) and in the end I think I did about 200 runs. I'm still missing 1 more Gear 2 skill up, but given how low his book drops I'm approaching things more slowly since there is lots of remaining time.

ElChado

Neo Member

Last time i checked it's like normal turtle times except 1 hour instead of 30 minutes for this week of coloured turtles. gonna have to use a lot of gems to abuse this. watch them then announce coloured turtle times weekly starting october.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Had no luck getting Croc this weekend...maybe i can get him the next time. Cant be really mad about its since the increased stamina refresh rate doubles the No. of attempts i can have...so it should happen sooner or later *believe*
In the middle of a mobile burnout, juggling 6+ apps is no good.
Thats a lot - i have trouble playing more than two. Actually i never play more than two at a time...just gets too time consuming, even if its just the daily login xD
by the way.. FINALLY got the Merry to Lv 10
Great to hear - congrats.

Do you know how many Cola it roughly took you for max the ship ?

Majukun

Had no luck getting Croc this weekend...maybe i can get him the next time. Cant be really mad about its since the increased stamina refresh rate doubles the No. of attempts i can have...so it should happen sooner or later *believe*

Thats a lot - i have trouble playing more than two. Actually i never play more than two at a time...just gets too time consuming, even if its just the daily login xD

Great to hear - congrats.

Do you know how many Cola it roughly took you for max the ship ?

it's just an estimation..but probably around 500

RalchAC

I've already built my Turtle Time teams. The 8 Team slots are really nice. I'm using as leads Monster Chopper, Ace, Mihawk (DEX), Franky and Towel Nami.

Are there many people here with Moria and/or Apoo?

Are you just going to do 3-5 pulls or go all out and see if you can get a bunch of new units?

After upgrading box space to 300 I only have 31 gems left. So I won't be able to pull this time :(

Spinx

20 Mihawks, 2 skill ups.

tumblr_lo9x45ow0d1qj164eo1_r1_500.gif

cw_sasuke

it's just an estimation..but probably around 500

Talk about a milestone achievement ..heh. But at the end it was worth it - getting Merry maxed is one of the few things that are a must have in this game.
20 Mihawks, 2 skill ups.

Thats not even THAT bad if you skilled up outside of an event - you probably have space issues but for Raid Bosses you really want wait for skill up events considering how much effort it takes to farm them.

Man after so long, finally a sugofest I can participate in again.

Haven't been able to due to box space issues for the last 3 times.

Hope I'll get at least 1 or 2 units that are actually decent~

/edit

I already have Izo though, dex up + izo up spells dupe party.

Spinx

Talk about a milestone achievement ..heh. But at the end it was worth it - getting Merry maxed is one of the few things that are a must have in this game.

Thats not even THAT bad if you skilled up outside of an event - you probably have space issues but for Raid Bosses you really want wait for skill up events considering how much effort it takes to farm them.

It's double skill up in Japan. Mihawk came back. Suddenly, these 31 peronas ain't shit.

bjork

Seeing the older WB pirates added is making me balk at the idea of pulling til my gems are gone. I already pulled all of them in both forms, except no WB.

Heng

I've already built my Turtle Time teams. The 8 Team slots are really nice. I'm using as leads Monster Chopper, Ace, Mihawk (DEX), Franky and Towel Nami.

Are there many people here with Moria and/or Apoo?

Are you just going to do 3-5 pulls or go all out and see if you can get a bunch of new units?

After upgrading box space to 300 I only have 31 gems left. So I won't be able to pull this time :(
I think I'm going to skip this Sugo fest, I already have a nice team and I'm running low on gems. I want to save them for Zephyr or wait until a Sugo fest with either a quick rate, int rate, or psy rate up. Those unit types are the ones I really need.

Also I have Apoo and Marco, but Apoo is still on his stage 1, still missing mats to evolve him.

funny hing,got also beli tapping with my secondary account..and my secondary account got,you guessed it,beli...
Haha ouch...

cw_sasuke

Top Bottom