• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Heng

Good! Im there, tapping noe

Edit: keys! Thanks a lot! :)

Fakeedit 2: Majukun @ chrono lol
Nice! Keys here as well.

So I have a level 3 Mihawk for my zombie team, should I use him for skill up chance? I'm not sure if I need a zombie team anymore and it would be nice if I could get a skill up for my main Mihawk.

bjork

Nice! Keys here as well.

So I have a level 3 Mihawk for my zombie team, should I use him for skill up chance? I'm not sure if I need a zombie team anymore and it would be nice if I could get a skill up for my main Mihawk.

No. You need an unevolved Mihawk for a mission later.

Heng

No. You need an unevolved Mihawk for a mission later.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder.

Maju, it's going to be a mission at the restaurant. I'm not too sure when it'll get here though. I guess I'll use him as a skill up after I've completed the mission.

RalchAC

Do you have still barrels left to break? I have 4/5 available.

I'll set FakeGPS at the usual postal code, but I can change it to municipio Roma IX.

Has anyone here maxed out Perona yet? I keep seeing all these posts on the Facebook group, where people have maxed her. I'm assuming they are gemming like crazy to do it though.

I've been running her island like crazy and I'm sitting here with a grand total of 8 copies currently. I'm saving all of mine for the rate up, for sure. Where I probably still won't max her....

RedBoot

Has anyone here maxed out Perona yet? I keep seeing all these posts on the Facebook group, where people have maxed her. I'm assuming they are gemming like crazy to do it though.

I've been running her island like crazy and I'm sitting here with a grand total of 8 copies currently. I'm saving all of mine for the rate up, for sure. Where I probably still won't max her....

I've got 25 of her stocked, going to get 50 and wait til the skill up. Although seeing as how I've managed to max Dog Penguin and get Kumacy to 11, I can definitely see people having maxed her already.

And one more note on the sugofest: DEX actually has the least amount of rare recruits currently (LS Zoro, Izo, Law, Apoo, Namule), so I guess this would be a decent one to skip, especially if you have some of those already. I'm going to stick to the usual 5 pulls.

bjork

I evolved her and got her to 65, but her special is still on 1. I only have 5 copies stored away so far, but there's still another week.

What is the max cooldown, 17?

[edit - I would pay money to not pull a black cat pirate from the friend point thing. This is like 70 in a row. All I want is one Yosaku, 221 days on or however long. The hunt continues...]

RedBoot

[edit - I would pay money to not pull a black cat pirate from the friend point thing. This is like 70 in a row. All I want is one Yosaku, 221 days on or however long. The hunt continues...]

You'll probably have better luck with Yosaku during the Kimono fortnight (which is after Absalom). He drops there, as do a lot of assorted characters.

bjork

You'll probably have better luck with Yosaku during the Kimono fortnight (which is after Absalom). He drops there, as do a lot of assorted characters.

Whoa, I didn't know this. I don't even know the fortnight schedule, but knowing that is great news. Thank you!

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Since I'm planning on farming most of the turtle times this week (mostly the ones at night), decided to put all my turtles into getting Moria to level 85. Will probably MAX him tonight, so my striker team will be super badass (subbing out Blamenco for the generic Striker Team build, to run Kid, Urouge, Moriah, Kaku/Killer, and a MISC like Biker Smoker).

Based on Turtle Times for the week, I want to focus on Jozu/Kaku/Jinbe for Blue, Kuma/Alvida/Mr.1 for Red, Law/Smoker/Apoo for Green, and Sir Crocodile/X Drake for Purple if we get a 1 hour version of those. I have to sneak in Perona runs in there as well. So much OPTC.

Hana-Bi

Nope. Used 30 Peronas for only three skill ups... Now I want to stock 30 Peronas and try to skill up with every additional Perona I get.

bjork

It felt nice to wait until the end of turtle time to use all my turtles for a change. I've been spreading them as even as I can, so I got Croc/Robin/Vista all to 87, then Hawkins to 50 and X Drake/Hogback to 47. Not too bad. Doubt I'll catch the one tonight. It's 8 pm but I'll likely be asleep, so heh.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Damn! Impressive.
Did you gem? Which stage did you do? 15 or 30 sta?
Im not even close with finishing anyone from them except the dog.
Also, that means you finished perona? How many perona copys did you need?

I want to say I've used 45 gems roughly within the last week. 20 going to the box expansion, then the remaining going to Perona. I had gems which I bought prior, but a majority of what was used was from a full week of daily gem saving prior, day 200 gems and then the free gems we've had since the fortnight started and the cotton candy isle gems. I always primarily play 30 sta, I did have the odd Perona drop with excess stamina on 15. Outside of the gem usage I had a couple stamina refills from snails, leveled up a couple times, but above all else the 5 minute/stamina refresh helped the most. It took 53 copies to skill max her, the glaring thing about the copies was going 0/15 before getting her last skill up, where I went 1/5 in my final attempt.

The amount of copies/splv success can obviously be RNG based, but for myself, this was the luckiest I've been on any fortnight up to this point.

Typically it takes me 1-2 days to level max a new fortnight unit, but that's all dependent on how much one plays. It also makes a difference when a player has their entire character box level maxed as well, leaving the sole beneficiary of all XP to the new unit. Early on there was always a pseudo competitive race to LV99/skill max a character first but that doesn't matter. Playing this game at your own pace is all that matters. There is loads of time left - I'm sure you'll get more than enough to skill max her come rate up.

What is the max cooldown, 17?

Perona has a max CD of 14. And hopefully you pull Yosaku soon, he's like the Whitebeard of friend recruit.

chrono01

Are you just going to do 3-5 pulls or go all out and see if you can get a bunch of new units?
Box space, IMO, is probably the most important use out of Rainbow Gems. Stamina refresh, during limited event bosses, is important too, but the more space you have the easier it is to hoard those boss drops for a 2x skill-up event, which is definitely recommended. As for gatcha pulls, there are many amazing units in there, but again, you'll want box space to store them all, since so many work with different team setup's. You did the right thing spending those gems!

As for me, I'll probably do my usual ritual of pulling five times and saving the rest. I was kind of hoping we would have an INT/QCK rate-up, for increased chances at Rayleigh/Boa. DEX is the only type still remaining, with Sengoku being added, that doesn't yet have a 6* in the game [although that will change soon]. Kind of frustrating that's the type of rate-up we get during this Sugofest, that can't be a coincidence. -_-

Oh well! I need to save gems for Zephyr anyway. Oh, and Doflamingo of course. But yes, I can see myself pulling at least five times, maybe a few more if I seem to be lucky.

Also, for barrel-tapping, I'm gold if anyone is interested.

Maju?
Zeke?
Hisoku?
Heng?

YOU KNOW YOU GUYS WANT TO!

Edit: Also, I just saw your post, lucypirates. Congrats man! All of that hard work, paid off!

Heng

Box space, IMO, is probably the most important use out of Rainbow Gems. Stamina refresh, during limited event bosses, is important too, but the more space you have the easier it is to hoard those boss drops for a 2x skill-up event, which is definitely recommended. As for gatcha pulls, there are many amazing units in there, but again, you'll want box space to store them all, since so many work with different team setup's. You did the right thing spending those gems!

As for me, I'll probably do my usual ritual of pulling five times and saving the rest. I was kind of hoping we would have an INT/QCK rate-up, for increased chances at Rayleigh/Boa. DEX is the only type still remaining, with Sengoku being added, that doesn't yet have a 6* in the game [although that will change soon]. Kind of frustrating that's the type of rate-up we get during this Sugofest, that can't be a coincidence. -_-

Oh well! I need to save gems for Zephyr anyway. Oh, and Doflamingo of course. But yes, I can see myself pulling at least five times, maybe a few more if I seem to be lucky.

Also, for barrel-tapping, I'm gold if anyone is interested.

Maju?
Zeke?
Hisoku?
Heng?

YOU KNOW YOU GUYS WANT TO!

Edit: Also, I just saw your post, lucypirates. Congrats man! All of that hard work, paid off!
Yeah I can do one now, are you still here?

After missing turtle time for the last 3-4 weeks, I made it a point to not miss today's.

Managed to get 18 runs in, with a total of 13 Elders. My Towel Nami is now maxed and my Nico Robin is sitting at level 88. Need to work on getting the Slasher Version of Crocodile now, since I won't really have any more INT units to level after Robin.

Anyone else planning to gem for all the turtle times this week? Also, I heard somewhere that the other turtle colors were going to be an hour long. Anyone else heard anything?

bjork

After missing turtle time for the last 3-4 weeks, I made it a point to not miss today's.

Managed to get 18 runs in, with a total of 13 Elders. My Towel Nami is now maxed and my Nico Robin is sitting at level 88. Need to work on getting the Slasher Version of Crocodile now, since I won't really have any more INT units to level after Robin.

Anyone else planning to gem for all the turtle times this week? Also, I heard somewhere that the other turtle colors were going to be an hour long. Anyone else heard anything?

I figure I can catch all of the other colors in the morning, except whichever one is on the 25th. No way for me to catch the night ones since I'm either working or asleep for work, but I'm gonna go until I can't go any more. It's a good chance to boost some characters I've been neglecting.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I'm planning on gemming on most of the night ones, probably will gem for 30 minutes worth during the day ones. Already had to spend 2 gems for this morning's turtle time plus a Sugofest tomorrow which I'll be forced to make a few YOLO pulls for Namur and/or Legendary bait.

I'm glad I had a bunch of gems stocked up, otherwise I'd be in trouble.

Heng

Thanks, keys.

Hope you got something as nice in return.

Edit - Well damn. :/
Haha it's cool. The only thing I want from barrel game is cola (unless one of the prize is a gem). Anything that's not FP is a win in my book.

I may use a gem or 2 for red turtle, but I'm not sure if I'll do that with any other color. I've heard it was going to be an hour long as well but on the turtle calculator site says there's 2 events (unless that's just a guess).

RalchAC

Are you still interested in tapping?

I was in class, but now I'm available again. So if somebody is willing to tap...

That's what reddit time travelers has said.

I haven't gemmed during today first Turtle Time. Got 3 Elders, evolved 2 pigs, got 8 teenargers in 6 runs. I was able to evolve my Drake and I'll probably level him up a bit with tomorrow morning Turtle Time if I manage to wake up at 7.00

I'm only going to gem during QCK Turtle Time, and I'll probably go all out on them. For the other colours I'll just save stamina so I can do 6-7 runs or something.

My STR, DEX and PSY units are at a good enough level, so I'm not planning to gem. Specially because they're probably going to announce Zephyr as soon as Sugofest ends (please, Bamco, I'm sick of waiting T.T).

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
14, wow. Imagine if Kumacy's was that low, ha.

[edit - wait, am I seeing this right? Kumacy's is 18? lolz]

Yeah that bear needs 20 skill ups and it's just a nuke special. Fortunately or unfortunately he drops a lot.

Thank you sir. I really do think the 5 minute stamina has changed play a lot. There is way more reason to just wait for your bar to fully refresh through a school/work day now. It's very nice.

I feel it's safe to say Z isn't coming this month, which begs the question what is going to happen next month. Frankly speaking as cool as these new units releasing is great, I think they're releasing way too soon. The skillbooks for all these units are basically a minimum of a half a year away at the very least.

As per RalphAC, the time travelers have confirmed they're 1 hour long. The order should be:

September 22 - Red (STR)
September 24 - Blue (QCK)
September 25 - Green (DEX)
September 27 - Yellow (PSY)

I'm planning on gemming on most of the night ones, probably will gem for 30 minutes worth during the day ones. Already had to spend 2 gems for this morning's turtle time plus a Sugofest tomorrow which I'll be forced to make a few YOLO pulls for Namur and/or Legendary bait.

Sugo-fest is on September 23. So you have an extra day before pulling... but it could/will be an expensive gem week regardless, pending what a player does.

RedBoot

Kind of frustrating that's the type of rate-up we get during this Sugofest, that can't be a coincidence. -_-

It's intentional. They follow a cycle that only deviates when a Sugofest pops up. Last time's Sugo (STR up) was the first time they let a type boost match a 6-star, and I assume that's because it was Whitebeard and he's been around longest. They probably would have let this one happen if it was INT up, but it would have been QUI up and I don't think they want to boost Hancock just yet.

Majukun

Thanks, keys again. Please tell me I finally gave someone something good...

Edit - I give up. I GIVE UP!

here in italy we call it "sfiga"

and i have an abundance of that XD

by the way..are you guys gonna gem the 1 hour turtle times?
i was thinking about it..that's a lot of xp on the late..especially since i can almost make 4 complete stamina (28 runs) in one hour..
but it also means A LOT of gems
That's what happens when you snub me two weeks in a row. I only handle premium goods.

that's because you are late,it's 10:30 pm here

chrono01

by the way..are you guys gonna gem the 1 hour turtle times?
i was thinking about it..that's a lot of xp on the late..especially since i can almost make 4 complete stamina (28 runs) in one hour..
but it also means A LOT of gems
I'll probably use a few gems but I probably won't go all-out. Actually, looking at the review of the new units for Sugofest, I might forego it entirely and just use those gems on stamina refreshes for these turtle times. I haven't yet decided.

Top Bottom