• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Majukun

do you guys think it's worth it to socket sogeking too?

i have no skill level on him and "only" 9 skillbooks" so far from fatsopp,but since i have no other psy character in need of xp i'm giving those psy turtle and pigs to him and it's leveling up quite decently..so i was thinking if it was worth it to socket him too...

hmm..maybe next time fatsopp returns..in japan how often does it come back?

do you guys think it's worth it to socket sogeking too?

i have no skill level on him and "only" 9 skillbooks" so far from fatsopp,but since i have no other psy character in need of xp i'm giving those psy turtle and pigs to him and it's leveling up quite decently..so i was thinking if it was worth it to socket him too...

hmm..maybe next time fatsopp returns..in japan how often does it come back?

I haven't looked in depth at minmax stuff, but I'm building:

1. godsopp + lock/despair (finished)

2. godsopp + orb matching/CD reduction

3. Sogeking + autoheal / orb matching / cd reduction.

Sogeking having 3 sockets rather than 2 can make a world of difference on some teams; and not all situations require godsopp's 10 turn charge.

Because autoheal teams usually rely on autoheal to stall for a long time, I think it'd be logical to match Sogeking with that. (the only autoheal team I'm building right now is slasher based, which usually requires you to stall at least 17 turns for mihawk's special. Sogeking's 15-turn special wouldn't feel out of place there)

/edit

8 runs and my skill book drops are:
8x usopp's various useless prevos.
1x impact (who's already maxed)

FML I want godsopp and sogeking. OTL

Majukun

damn this last socket on gp usopp is painful to get

still yet to decide if i wanna get sogeking's too this time...probably depends on how many other gems i have to use

bjork

9 usopp runs:

9 usopps
2 base books
2 hammer books
1 gp book
3 impact books
2 tabasco books
1 sogeking book

At least there's lots of books, I guess...?

Majukun

I'll pass for now on socketing sogeKing.. already spent 6 gems socketing gp. and impact, and sogeKing is more of a luxury than anything.. i'll socket him next time fatsopp returns

Tidd

I DID IT!

Had 5 despair points for my Impact usopp and (I don't know why) deselected the despair socket instead of my cooldown socket. Now I have 1 Auto-Heal and some points in cooldown... I'm so stupid. ;__;

Majukun

I DID IT!

Had 5 despair points for my Impact usopp and (I don't know why) deselected the despair socket instead of my cooldown socket. Now I have 1 Auto-Heal and some points in cooldown... I'm so stupid. ;__;
wow that sucks

Majukun

ok, with this sockets now my anti aokiji team has assured a Lv 1 anti lock and 1 anti silence.. that should make it less dependant to food orbs since I can now pass the lock+despair stage unscathed... yep I still get locked 1 turn by aokiji, but my team focuses on a one turn burst in the first place, so it shouldn't matter

if I get lucky and find some full socketEd SW shanks, I might even heat the Lv 2 lock to avoid completely the 2 turn lock

of course all this in theory, but next time I wanna try farm the guy

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It seems like Usopp in the 4th wave is the only unit that drops the GP manual. Intentional rarity I suppose.

Yeah, I noticed this while farming him today. Is the GP manual droprate this bad in the Carue fortnight? The one time that Usopp dropped something in the last ten runs and it was cotton candy.

At this point, I've run the raid 28 times and gotten two drops.

Once I max my GP sockets, I think I'm going to stop farming this thing.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Now I have bind/despair on my max skilled, max levelled impact usopp, as well as my max skilled, max levelled GPU.

It took me roughly 55-60 Usopp'ns to get my impact usopp from 3 bind to 5 bind.

I am starting to socket my slasher GPU (CD/Auto-heal). I fed him 2 usopp'ns just now. Guess what sockets they were?

Bind resistance/Bind resistance. asdfasdfasdf

Tidd

And done.
Q87FX79.jpg
After my mistake it took me 2 gems and more or less 20 copies. Thank Coby I got lucky.

GaimeGuy

CD/Healing for slasher teams (and some others)

Also CD/Orbs for utility on any teams where the bind/silence sockets are unnecessary or taken care of.

I assume that we'll at some point get a magellan raid (and maybe a caesar or crocodile one) with poison damage, so maybe a poison socket paired with a CD, orb, healing, lock, or despair socket could work. Poison/Stage Damage would allow you to have a stage hazard usopp in your back pocket, although I don't think there are any stages with both stage damage and poison damage (yet...), so one of those sockets is always giong to be unused.

Personally, I've got 3 GPUs and 2 impacts in my box right now (only one of each leveled and skilled, sockets pending on all 5). I'm going to make the following:
GPU #1: lock/silence
GPU #2: CD/Healing (slashers)
GPU #3: Unknown for now. Maybe i'll do lock/poison, poison/orbs, lock/CD, or lock/healing. Doubt i'll get to it.

Impact #1: Lock/silence
Impact #2: CD/Orbs (Pure burst)

Now I have bind/despair on my max skilled, max levelled impact usopp, as well as my max skilled, max levelled GPU.

It took me roughly 55-60 Usopp'ns to get my impact usopp from 3 bind to 5 bind.

I am starting to socket my slasher GPU (CD/Auto-heal). I fed him 2 usopp'ns just now. Guess what sockets they were?

Bind resistance/Bind resistance. asdfasdfasdf

So I decided to leave the 2 binds on that 2nd GPU for now and start socketing the 3rd GPU as my slasher GPU.

1/5 CD
0/5 auto heal

please, RNG Goddess....

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
After a combo of Afro Luffy Isle and Fat Usopp, I have max Bind and Despair resist on GPU. Still only two skillbooks after like 35 runs.

chrono01

17 Usopps fed so far and 0 useful sockets. Also, not one GPU book.
:(

I finished off my Impact Usopp and am now working on GP Usopp. I'm swimming in GP Usopp books (9 of them so far), which is funny since mine is already max'd. I mean, I could keep them around in-case I decide to level another one...

I really hope you and the rest trying for him here have a change in luck. This is depressing. :/

GaimeGuy

Usopp status:

GPU #1: Came into the raid with 3 bind/2 despair and at Max Level/max CD. now at 5 bind/5 despair.

GPU #2: Came in at level 1, no sockets, no skill levels. Now at level 46, with maxed sockets in CD and auto-heal. Have 12 GPU skill books set aside.

GPU #3: Came in at level 1, no sockets, no skill levels. Now has 2 bind. TBD what i'll do with him in the future.

Impact #1: Came in at level 69/70, with 2 bind/1 despair and max skill. Now at max level, 5 bind, 5 despair.

Impact #2: Untouched. Intend to socket with orbs/CD down the line.

Sogeking: Came in at skill level 2 (CD 19), now skill maxxed (CD 15).

Weeeeeeee

And it only took me like 12 gems.

Tidd

Congrats Gaime for maxing your sockets after such bad luck. I expected something similar after I deleted my despair sockets. :/

GaimeGuy

Congrats Gaime for maxing your sockets after such bad luck. I expected something similar after I deleted my despair sockets. :/

Yeah, really, the third GPU, second impact usopp, and the sogeking skils are all afterthoughts for now, and probably un-necessary, period, until future raids and colosseums are made that require different strategies than just dumping bind/despair on whatever.

The important thing is that I got the max bind/despair versions of impact and GPU, and the slasher GPU (CD/Autoheal, could also work for enel teams and anywhere that bind/despair are not needed).

Heng

Should I keep at GP or switch to Impact Usopp? Currently the latter is only really necessary for Aokiji raids right?
You could use either although impact is way more useful. The only reason to bring GP Usopp is for either sockets or for clearing stage 3 easily.

My first 10 Usopp gave me 5 CD and 1 matching orb, the next 14 gave me nothing... At least I got 5 cotton candies out of the event.

Totakeke

You could use either although impact is way more useful. The only reason to bring GP Usopp is for either sockets or for clearing stage 3 easily.

My first 10 Usopp gave me 5 CD and 1 matching orb, the next 14 gave me nothing... At least I got 5 cotton candies out of the event.

I've read your post then looked down at my phone as I was multitasking.

Welp.

Yeah, I was talking about general utility for all raids which GP should be much more useful for.

GaimeGuy

I've read your post then looked down at my phone as I was multitasking.

Welp.

Yeah, I was talking about general utility for all raids which GP should be much more useful for.

You will use GPU more. He has a place on any team, regardless of class or typing. The exceptions are when fighting bosses with debuff immunity, but you can still probably use GPU to stall along the way.

Impact is the best psy burster in the game Also is part of this beastly general-purpose sengoku team

Totakeke

Cerebral (Croc) Sugofest announced. Just one single new character? Booooooo.

Hmmm, 10 Usopps left to feed. Was almost tempted to evolve my second GP to Sogeking to use the skill books but nahh, definitely want one with CDR to run fast. I have Log Usopp too with zero sockets.

You will use GPU more. He has a place on any team, regardless of class or typing. The exceptions are when fighting bosses with debuff immunity, but you can still probably use GPU to stall along the way.

Impact is the best psy burster in the game Also is part of this beastly general-purpose sengoku team

That team is great although not that fast with Cindry at 18 unless you absolutely need the single turn burst. I wonder if Sengoku teams will eventually replace the standard 2x special member once the skill books is available since Sengoku's special goes down to 18 as well and you have two turns of 1.5x and up to 600k PSY damage.

Heng

Cerebral (Croc) Sugofest announced.

Hmmm, 10 Usopps left to feed. Was almost tempted to evolve my second GP to Sogeking to use the skill books but nahh, definitely want one with CDR to run fast. I have Log Usopp too with zero sockets.
Not to mention all cerebral (really stupid name IMO...) characters you pull will have +1 ATK. I may spend the $10 I saved up from Google opinion for this Sugofest.

Totakeke

Great time to roll for a INT team though. Towel Nami and Nico Robin are both double rate boosted. Good thing I already have both of them, definitely not rolling just for Croc alone (lol).

Edit: Damn, forgot Brook is here. Need... to... get... Ryuma... but so much FARMING TO DO.

RedBoot

Great time to roll for a INT team though. Towel Nami and Nico Robin are both double rate boosted. Good thing I already have both of them, definitely not rolling just for Croc alone (lol).

I'd like to get Hawkins, but I have the rest of the double boosted INT units already. Probably only going to give this one two pulls, since even Hawkins isn't super great anyway.

Usopp'n went pretty abysmally for me. I did get 5 bind sockets on my GP, but after 50+ Usopp'ns and 20+ Davy Back Usopps, my GP has managed a grand total of 2 despair sockets. So the next time this fortnight rolls around, I'll need to get 3 sockets for him, 7 sockets for my Impact Usopp (who I wasn't able to work on at all here), and only then would I be able to think about socketing up a Sogeking or Fat Usopp.

I got more socket luck from 15 Peronas (and I got to farm those a bit more leisurely over the two days). Usopp luck sucks.

Totakeke

I'd like to get Hawkins, but I have the rest of the double boosted INT units already. Probably only going to give this one two pulls, since even Hawkins isn't super great anyway.

Tried to see if there's anything with INT units and Cerebral. Nope, nothing to see there.

Majukun

Yeah, probably not gonna pull this Sugofest either.. I have most of the boosted guys, also nico robin is the character I got the most in the game, and pulling with a double rate up on that unit is just asking for the seventh ome

Top Bottom