• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

bjork

I ran all the Zeff stages yesterday and got him twice, but no Patty/Carne encounters. Then I did two Perona runs and no Peronas, just Bepo books out the ass.

This is a bad week for OPTC for me due to Miitomo and finally figuring out how most of the Crows X Worst V game works, in addition to a stupidly hectic work week. Apologies, Perona-sama :(

RedBoot

It would certainly be nice if they are shifting the weekly raid boss day over to Fri night -> Sat night, since we will have weekly RGB Turtles on Friday now.

However, it's likely that we are only getting it this way because of April Fools.

I'd be fine with that, though. Way easier to farm on a Saturday.

Would also like to have less on Friday in general so I can get back to never getting Dorry to drop.

HabeeNo

Got a Perona on my first try on Rookie yesterday lol

This morning finally got Coby after many tries yesterday (got 3 Helmeppos in the process. Is he any good?)

Should I evolve Perona and put her on my Green Team? Her special looks REALLY good, but her stats are basura (Team: Ashura Zoro, Voyage Dream Sanji, Chef Zeff, 2nd Smoker, GP Usopp)

RedBoot

Yeah, Helmeppo's got pretty solid stats and a situational special, he's great for Slasher teams until you manage to get enough RR and Raid units to fill them out.

Perona's great, but you won't get a ton of use out of her until her special's leveled enough to be in usable range. Might not be able to get enough copies for that until she comes back for a full week.

Majukun

This morning finally got Coby after many tries yesterday (got 3 Helmeppos in the process. Is he any good?)

Should I evolve Perona and put her on my Green Team? Her special looks REALLY good, but her stats are basura (Team: Ashura Zoro, Voyage Dream Sanji, Chef Zeff, 2nd Smoker, GP Usopp)
Helmeppo is the de facto anti lock character, especially for slasher teams, so yes, it's good

bjork

Her special was key for me in some raid recently, but I can't remember which. Garp, maybe?

Helmeppo is the de facto anti lock character, especially for slasher teams, so yes, it's good

Until you have lock sockets high enough, then I can't imagine him being too special.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I don't see any path to victory in WB forest - my Perona is CD 21, alvida 11, SWS 15. Every team I've looked at that has cleared the WB forest has had at least 2 of these 3 skill maxed.

Totakeke

Spent like 18 gems in the end... for 31 Peronas. With the level ups and me at ~90 stam it's definitely less than 40%.

Also...
K2t8HuL.png

So we're getting the "cerebral" class on the 4th. Not sure how I feel about the name. Knowledge seemed too similar to INT so it makes sense that they'd try to differentiate it and I can't exactly think of a better name.

Tidd

Japan sugo hype! Got legend Jimbe. Now if I only would care about japan. <.<

Guess global gets legend croc next sugo, which could be next thursday or friday. Hopefully they will add other characters with that. SW Strawhats maybe? xD

RedBoot

Yeah, I'd expect Legend Croc in the next sugo. We can't get CP9 until Tough (or whatever it ends up being called) is added, so the only other units they could give us are Log Ace and Bon Clay (neither of whom are Cerebral) or any promotional units we're still missing. Or Strong World, I guess. Probably not though.

It's weird getting the new classes while being so behind on fortnights though. Japan was getting matching units alongside the class intros, but we're still waiting on Calgara here. Maybe it'll be after Zeff, not like we're getting Domino any time soon. :p

Managed 5 useful sockets (3 bind 2 despair) on 12 Perona copies, which is borderline miraculous results when it comes to my usual socket luck. Should be able to finish her next time the fortnight returns. I ran the fortnight quite a bit (probably around 30 times), so the drop rate certainly wasn't great.

Also, I now have 25 Bepo books. And no Bepo.

Kyou

I got a few special levels and 1 level each of bind and despair on Perona, taking that as a win considering I didn't spend any gems on her.

GaimeGuy

Corazon stats, stolen from reddit:

VYcloSa.jpg

Captain Effect:
Gain ATK based on Health at the start of your turn (higher HP = higher multiplier. Not sure what the exact rate is)
- Each turn, if the final hit of your combo chain is GREAT, heal 0.5x his RCV in HP
- Each turn, If the final hit is GOOD, heal 1.5x his RCV in HP.

EDIT: NEVER MIND. THE RECOVERY APPLIES TO EVERY GOOD/GREAT HIT IN THE CHAIN. HOLY SHIT.

Special:
Reduce bind and silence by 3 turns. Heal by 25x his RCV.

GaimeGuy

Holy shit, 6* Corazon is a beast.

So, his captain ability increases your attack based on your HP (higher HP = higher multiplier). In addition, for every good hit in the combo chain, you recover 1.5x his recovery. And for every great hit in the combo chain, you recover 0.5x his recovery.

... his RCV maxes out at 555 (without candies)

Majukun

Holy shit, 6* Corazon is a beast.

So, his captain ability increases your attack based on your HP (higher HP = higher multiplier). In addition, for every good hit in the combo chain, you recover 1.5x his recovery. And for every great hit in the combo chain, you recover 0.5x his recovery.

... his RCV maxes out at 555 (without candies)
wait, which is it? It's different from what you posted earlier about his skill
read now the edit.. don't know though, yes he can heal when he wants, but you have to sacrifice lots of damage to do so... how much is the multiplier?

GaimeGuy

wait, which is it? It's different from what you posted earlier about his skill

Yeah, I edited the post.

So, it seems that, for every great, you recover 0.5x Corazon's RCV in HP at the end of the turn.

And for every good, you recover 1.5x his RCV in HP at the end of the turn.

he has a damage multiplier which applies to all units, that scales with HP (Apparently the unevolved version maxes out at 2x when at full health. No word on the evolved version)

Majukun

Yeah, I edited the post.

So, it seems that, for every great, you recover 0.5x Corazon's RCV in HP at the end of the turn.

And for every good, you recover 1.5x his RCV in HP at the end of the turn.

he has a damage multiplier which applies to all units, that scales with HP (maxes out at 2x when at full health?)
2x?seemes awful for a legend

RedBoot

Evolved version is probably 2.5 or 2.75. Pretty good, especially since there doesn't seem to be a class or color restriction.

Anyway, always nice to see more attempts at making healing/RCV heavy teams stronger. Maybe someday Miss Goldenweek's massive RCV will be useful (it won't).

Majukun

Seems amazing for stalling. double corazon at max level with 100 RCV candies each and Level 5 auto-heal can heal for 12,790 HP per turn if you opt to hit all goods. :p
yeah, but the meta seems to be based more on atk.. and if you eat a big atk you are gonna sacrifice an entire turn of awful damage output trying to recover that.. I don't know I must see it in action, but it doesn't seem like a legend that would make any hard content easier.. of course if the multiplier gets better with evo, at least it would make a decent multi class captain

RedBoot

Yeah, he's a stalling/tanky captain, since you should be able to heal close to full on most turns (especially with a RCV heavy team and some meat orbs). I think his problem is that despite a universal ATK buff (apparently), you're going to want to stick to high HP subs (since recovering 12k+ is meaningless if your max HP is 10k). Also, most of the toughest content is dealing you damage in the tens of thousands anyway. I'll be interested to see how things end up for him. I love the concept of making a legend who isn't just totally about a high ATK boost though.

Also, he's great with the Moby Dick. You'll heal the health almost immediately, and the 1.5 HP boost will be invaluable.

GaimeGuy

It really depends on what his attack buff maxes out at when evolved.

If it still tops out at 2x, he probably only has some niche uses as a captain (paired with log luffy or apoo).

If it's something like 2.75x, though...

Majukun

It really depends on what his attack buff maxes out at when evolved.

If it still tops out at 2x, he probably only has some niche uses as a captain (paired with log luffy or apoo).

If it's something like 2.75x, though...
seems like it's still 2x even with the evolution

basically it's competing with boa for the title of worst legend

RedBoot

2.5x would be balanced, I think. Shanks gets 2.75 with the same mechanic but is limited to PSY units. Standard 2.5x Captains are limited to their class/color, but don't have to worry about health. Giving Corazon 2.5x would put him right in the middle.

Majukun

him being so bad means that i'm only gonna find my first legend when he comes to global and it will indeed be him,the worst of the bunch

GaimeGuy

sometimes i wonder how Jinbei deserve a legend version.
at least Croc is a Logia that can stand on its own again Akainu

He's a warlord. All the warlords/ex-warlords are probably getting legends.

Except Moria. No one cares about him.

LEGEND BUGGY!

linkent

him being so bad means that i'm only gonna find my first legend when he comes to global and it will indeed be him,the worst of the bunch
Seriously Feels bad for you.
Hope You will be the first in this forum to get that legend croc!

PS: he will be the worst legend when he is released, as he need certain future units to be godly.

MiTYH

FINALLY got the last zeff secret stage drop. Hit it three times and only got Carne, but got Patty today. Jeff finally dropped after 6 runs, worse then Perona for me. But I'm done there. Moving on to Cobyv2 for some sockets. What's best there?

I also managed to max my bind/despair GP with the end of Afro Luffy, so all my Usoppn copies will go to Impact Usopp. What's the recommended socket distribution there?

linkent

FINALLY got the last zeff secret stage drop. Hit it three times and only got Carne, but got Patty today. Jeff finally dropped after 6 runs, worse then Perona for me. But I'm done there. Moving on to Cobyv2 for some sockets. What's best there?
Imo
If you have Thatch or Curiel, you should focus on Zeff
Doffy > Coby
SlashCroc > Meepo
Socketing Zeffv1 is good too, as he can be used in many missions.

MiTYH

Imo
If you have Thatch or Curiel, you should focus on Zeff
Doffy > Coby
SlashCroc > Meepo
Socketing Zeffv1 is good too, as he can be used in many missions.

Have Curiel, not Thatch though. I use Coby v2 in Garp teams, so some books might be handy. My Doffy isn't up to par yet. Still, Zeff is here for an extra week afterwards so I might go back to it

RedBoot

Coby's also good in Sengoku teams, which is why I'm socketing him. And yeah, I'm actually glad we're inexplicably getting Buggy again next week, it leaves me free to focus on Zeff then (I still don't even have a Zeff drop yet).

As for Corazon, I'm surprised he seems to max out at 2x attack. It's hard to take him over even a 2x ATK/HP lead (and the DEX captain for that is free). I can only assume he was too good with 2.5x? Who knows...

What he really needs is a character with a Blackbeard-esque special that deals damage based on how much health you've regained in the prior turn (although even then you'd probably be better off just using Killer + Marco).

EDIT: Also, his special's animation is super-depressing. :(

Heng

I'm talking about the character log entry. And that's where they added Usopp just now but Heracles is still missing. Hope I'm wrong and we still get him. Especially since our normal raidboss day is still not filled with anything. Usopp is a day later than usual.
Oh okay, I thought you meant something else heh.

Coby is a character I want to socket but he has a terrible drop rate... I suppose I could finish when Alvida comes back since his drop rate is decent there.

RedBoot

What if it's a double April fools and it's really a sogeking raid

with zephyr's skill

I had actually considered this. Would be a good way to "fix" it, though not being able to use other Usopps on the "Zephyr" teams might be an issue at times (though, really, everyone just uses him in Ace teams anyway).

Mixed2k

I'm nearly (or already am) ready to give up on the damm account, 2 legends and I just don't see much future as f2p in this game. There is always some douchbag sub that will be missing (mostly type/class/orb boosters) from the RR.
I think I'll try to beg as hell on reddit for a Sengoku acc, aka the fortnight lord. At least with him it would be a very simple process, just spend gems on fortnights and later on raids. Damn goku is really a beast.

It's a shame, I really like the game, but I just can't bring myself to buy gems, I've seen what the RR gives and it's not pretty. If gems were cheap it would be nice but 40€ for 12 helmeppos is a big no no.

Heng

I had actually considered this. Would be a good way to "fix" it, though not being able to use other Usopps on the "Zephyr" teams might be an issue at times (though, really, everyone just uses him in Ace teams anyway).
What do you mean? Sogeking and Usopp aren't the same person. :)

I'm nearly (or already am) ready to give up on the damm account, 2 legends and I just don't see much future as f2p in this game. There is always some douchbag sub that will be missing (mostly type/class/orb boosters) from the RR.
I think I'll try to beg as hell on reddit for a Sengoku acc, aka the fortnight lord. At least with him it would be a very simple process, just spend gems on fortnights and later on raids. Damn goku is really a beast.

It's a shame, I really like the game, but I just can't bring myself to buy gems, I've seen what the RR gives and it's not pretty. If gems were cheap it would be nice but 40€ for 12 helmeppos is a big no no.
Are you talking about not being able to farm raids or fortnight? Which legends do you have?

Raids are suppose to be challenging, a legend shouldn't guarantee you a free clear without any key units otherwise this game wouldn't be challenging at all. Most of the 40 stamina raids can be cleared without legends and could be cleared with a f2p team. The only raids that will have require some RR units are the 60 stamina versions. It is frustrating when you can't farm or even clear a raid when it first comes out but if you keep playing, eventually you'll be able to clear it. Don't let it get to you if you can't clear it now, just keep playing and eventually you'll fill out your roster.

Or you can try to get a fresh Sengoku account if you want, you'll be able to clear most fortnights and raids but you'll eventually run into the same problem in harder raids. Not to mention you will have to farm all the fortnights that you've already farmed now. Good luck whichever route you decide to take.

RedBoot

This raid is dropping a lot of Usopp books. Really wish I had a second GP, would be nice to try and skill max it. I feel bad tossing out GP skill books, even without a need for them.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Busy weekend ahead so I won't be able to farm Usopp... At least I got the stone for stage and the unit.

Good luck on your socketing endeavors.

chrono01

I love how this raid has a "?" after "Clash", just in case you didn't know that it's a joke raid, haha. Anyway, working on socketing my Usopp now, it's so boring though.

Hana-Bi

Man no skill books for Sogeking and GP Usopp on this raid so far. Got my last cd socket on my second GP Usopp so I won't farm this raid today.

Kyou

Having fun with this raid. Using a Rayleigh slasher team with guest star Dogpen(mvp of my team)

Edit: GP Usopp done, I Usopp getting there. Kinda tempted to try and socket fat usopp because he's got five slots. FIVE!

Top Bottom