• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

mileS

I have to pull. Got WB last sugo and INThawk 1-2 sugo's before that! Usually only 10-15 gems each time. Plus a couple of good units for general use. I feel lucky. Even my drop rates on rares has seemed incredibly high.

Happy to see a bunch of us get some great pulls in the past 3-4 sugo's. If you still haven't got a legend or what you want, keep at it :)

RedBoot

I'll do around 3 pulls, as my ideal results would be Hawkins, Bepo, and Croc, and surely I'll get exactly that. :p

(I'd be happy with Hawkins)

Heng

I might do 7 pulls tomorrow depending on how lucky others are. There's 4 units that I need that are getting boosted and not to mention that Im missing majority of the new units from the last 3 batch. At the very least I'll do 3 pulls.

Kyou

I'll probably do one pull just for sugo's sake

going in haaaard on the Coby fortnight before it goes but I think it'll leave without my coby completed. At least I'll have every unit the fortnight drops books for at or near max special

Majukun

i'll try not to do any pulls...there's int rate up and robin is rated up..it would be just asking for my seventh robin..also i'm gonna save for the next batch and do more pulls that time

MiTYH

Since getting my INThawk, I'll do one pull for the heck of it. Only need a handful of units, but Sugo is Sugo, so might as well.

Really, REALLY need that x2 skills event. It better come next week. Thank god for searhoreses freeing up space for me with egos today, but besides that, I've already had to start sacrificing books to less-important units. Gotten a few lucky ones, mostly, as predicted, it stinks.

mileS

I'll probably do one pull just for sugo's sake

going in haaaard on the Coby fortnight before it goes but I think it'll leave without my coby completed. At least I'll have every unit the fortnight drops books for at or near max special

I only started yesterday. Just evolved him and have a good 10 skill books to use. Pretty happy I got caught up rather quickly. He fits into my general use team pretty well due to how I have to budget my unit cost at Plvl.90

chrono01

I'm planning on doing a few Sugofest pulls, no more than five. Not that I could if I wanted to, I don't have the space to pull more than five times.

Skill-up event when? I can't even farm more Blackbeard. :/

Mixed2k

I want Robin so damn much , but it's hard to justify even 1 yolo pull considering these are the boosted units:

Towel Nami-dupe
Shanks-terrible
Robin- I want to live
Izo- Decent I guess ? I can't think of him being required for anything though
Hawkins- meh
Killer - meh, just a statstick (srly Bamco why 25 turns)
Thatch - dupe
Log Nami - meh
Log Robin - interesting, but that 16 turn max cd really sucks
Inazuma - useless ? I guess every other dmg reducer is better than him

As far as INT units, the only decent unit I need is Moria and maybe Vista.
In the end, we all know that that 1 pull will only give an Helmeppo.

At least today I managed to farm Mr 1, so I have that going for me which is nice.

Majukun

Well. inazuma is the only damage reducer that works against those 'fuck you' under 20% super attacks like Doffy's or Aokiji's.. but it's very situational

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I only started yesterday. Just evolved him and have a good 10 skill books to use. Pretty happy I got caught up rather quickly. He fits into my general use team pretty well due to how I have to budget my unit cost at Plvl.90
Coby is an amazing unit. There are only six characters in the game which boost orbs by 1.5x for 2 turns:
Legend Marco
SW Franky
Arlong Sun Pirates
Kaku Dock One
Noland
And PO Coby.

Of these:
Coby and Legend Marco are the only 2 fighters. Coby is the only Ambition character.
Coby is the only PSY character
Coby has the highest combo (6, with SW Franky coming in at 5).
He's tied with Kaku for the lowest initial CD (17) and with Kaku and Noland for the lowest max CD (10, although Franky is right behind at 11).

He's a great fit in any fighter, Ambition, PSY, or Sengoku team, any team which has an orb controller for the second turn burst and can set up orbs in the stage before the first turn burst, and any general purpose team with an orb locker. Also helpful for combo shields.

I don't use him much since my Doffy has a lower CD and we really only have had the Aokiji raid as far as int content goes. Kaku gets a ton of use by comparison with all the STR content and striker-fortnights. But before you can get Doffy, before you get to like PL 150 or so you'll probably love sticking Coby on most of your teams due to his low cost and versatility.

mileS

Coby is an amazing unit. There are only six characters in the game which boost orbs by 1.5x for 2 turns:
Legend Marco
SW Franky
Arlong Sun Pirates
Kaku Dock One
Noland
And PO Coby.

Of these:
Coby and Legend Marco are the only 2 fighters. Coby is the only Ambition character.
Coby is the only PSY character
Coby has the highest combo (6, with SW Franky coming in at 5).
He's tied with Kaku for the lowest initial CD (17) and with Kaku and Noland for the lowest max CD (10, although Franky is right behind at 11).

He's a great fit in any fighter, Ambition, PSY, or Sengoku team, any team which has an orb controller for the second turn burst and can set up orbs in the stage before the first turn burst, and any general purpose team with an orb locker. Also helpful for combo shields.

I don't use him much since my Doffy has a lower CD and we really only have had the Aokiji raid as far as int content goes. Kaku gets a ton of use by comparison with all the STR content and striker-fortnights. But before you can get Doffy, before you get to like PL 150 or so you'll probably love sticking Coby on most of your teams due to his low cost and versatility.

Thanks for the detailed post! Still learning the finer details of the game over time. I run Sengoku so he will fit well with my general team. Don't think I have the completed team or levels to take on Doffy yet.

Kyou

1)
tfONnhT.png

Yessssss

2)
liK0xvH.png

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Still not a big fan of this Rush Hour event we have going on right now. I hope whatever the next one is, is a little better paced.

I also see no point in us not getting the 2x events at least once per month. The wait time, the forced stoppage in play for some, it's such an obscure business model for the gameplay. I can't help but feel incentivizing the success level of the game doesn't necessarily make things easy, but gives reason for players (new/old) to just simply do more and want to do more. But at the very least give options, especially if the bottomline is gem spending/purchasing.

Given how slow content was the first 8 months of the game, it'll be interesting to see how things unfold through the summer.

blargh!! the price of gems finally went up here in Canada :( $1.39 for 1 now. They have been talking about it for a while but I'm just now seeing the change. Oh well.

I was surprised to see Android prices hadn't gone up like Apple did almost a couple months ago I think? Granted our currency isn't the best conversion wise right now, especially for video games. The bundle prices don't offer much of a discount anymore too, the lowest it gets is $1 per gem for Canada. It's something to think about when each pull effectively costs $5.

You can still save "a bit" if you can manage to find iTunes/Google Play cards on sale though.

koryuken

Well. inazuma is the only damage reducer that works against those 'fuck you' under 20% super attacks like Doffy's or Aokiji's.. but it's very situational

I just realized that his effect lasts three turns. That ain't bad... I can see him finding some use on a legend Croc teams to prevent defeat or reduce some very high damage.

RedBoot

I also see no point in us not getting the 2x events at least once per month. The wait time, the forced stoppage in play for some, it's such an obscure business model for the gameplay. I can't help but feel incentivizing the success level of the game doesn't necessarily make things easy, but gives reason for players (new/old) to just simply do more and want to do more. But at the very least give options, especially if the bottomline is gem spending/purchasing.

Given how slow content was the first 8 months of the game, it'll be interesting to see how things unfold through the summer.

I think (hope?) that'll change as time progresses. Sugofests used to be a month apart, raids were even rarer, and now both are very common. I think once we progress a bit (3 fortnights at a time, two raids a week, new events like the Colosseum appearing), they might speed up skill events. At that point your monetization is more about encouraging stamina refills anyway.

(Then again, how often does Japan get skill up events? If they don't get them more often, we might not either)

Wasted 25 gems. All dupes, only the last one even had the +1 bonus.

3* Smoker
4* Hotori and Kotori
4* Vista
3* Arlong
4* Tornado Tempo Nami

ah_hia

Rng can be very tricky. My first pull was crap. Who knew it was going to be like that? My problem now is green turtles galore

Totakeke

Do we know what turtles are coming on Friday?

Edit: Shanks ship incoming Japan, everyone better pull all those Knowledge Cerebral characters to use with the ship!

mileS

Started with 8 gems
Only pull...

Thatch!

Really happy about that actually.

Got 12 more for 3 more rolls

1)Inazuma (dupe, have evolved version)
2)Thatch again lol
3)Bartholomew Kuma

I'll take it. Good luck to everyone!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I pulled once. Why did I pull once?

4*Law, already have a level 90 evolved law. I guess I'll keep this one for alternate sockets or something

Hana-Bi

Well, for this Sugo I just wanted Thatch (besides any legend) and with my gems wasting habit during Sugos (I just can't stop to pull) I said to myself: try to pull only three times...

So, first pull was Miss Valentine, then I got Mr.3 and then Log Robin (hey a new char, nice) and then of course I couldn't stop. Made another pull and hey I really got fucking Thatch. :) Glad I kept his skill books until now. :)

Pulled once, got Squard. Yesss. I'd pull again but that's just asking for heartache. I'd rather end on a high note.

Ewww, Buggy fortnight. I've max skilled Kalifa but maybe I should try to farm her for sockets.

Majukun

still holding on my resolution, I will not pull.. I wanna reserve my gems for the new batch.. Although I didn't get anyone from the past one either...

chrono01

1. Hachi wtf
2. Don krieg ugh
3. Green chopper sigh
4. Mr.3 I want robin
5. Legend crocodile (o.0)/

Crocus, Inazuma, and well..

I should have realized it wasn't Croc with the + missing.
Congrats on the Legends, you two!

I did my promised five-pull:

1) Killer (new, I actually needed him since he can be useful for some ranking events)
2) Killer (now a dupe, do not need!)
3) G3 Luffy (dupe)
4) Crocus (dupe, I should have stopped at Killer)
5) Miss Wednesday (dupe)

Yay for one new unit, at least.

Promised myself I'd do one pull, no less, no more.

And I got .. Log Brook!

Useless character but as a collector I can't complain,

(Actually on my way to completing my LOG collection lol, got;

Log Luffy, Nami, Zoro, Chopper, Brook)

mileS

Times like these I wish the friend captain system was slightly different. All my Sengoku are STR characters. I don't have decent enough STR characters to farm the extra island event right now. Just want to speed farm Buggy for now :/

MiTYH

Pulled twice even though I only wanted to pull once #SugoIsLife

Got Izo, which is a new unit
Then got Pell which, despite being terrible, was actually a new unit for me. So, yay I guess?

EDIT: 3 pulls on my alt account.
Foss
Moria
Ivankov

So that's where the INT up was. Moria and Ivankov would have been new for my main account. Ah well

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I did 5 pulls and obviously didnt get a Legend....BUT i got Nico Robin. Its kinda funny since she was the first RR unit i really wanted - especially when we first got Garp. I remember saving up her skillbooks for months lol....

Totakeke and ah_hia congrats on your Legends...some day...some day i will join that club.

wilstreak

make 6 pull

3 dupe (2 don krieg and Crocus)
3 new (Izo, Killer, Shanks) which is nice for collection but useless nonetheless. Really need Nico Robin

By the way, how massive does Killer's special?
Is it anything useful for ranking event?

Majukun

make 6 pull

3 dupe (2 don krieg and Crocus)
3 new (Izo, Killer, Shanks) which is nice for collection but useless nonetheless. Really need Nico Robin

By the way, how massive does Killer's special?
Is it anything useful for ranking event?

100x atk of the character

he is useful for rankings if you don't have a gear 3

Got 10 gems for my 400-day login bonus. Could this be a sign for me to pull some more? Probably not.

Gangster Patty finally dropped. Good thing, too, as his books were starting to pile up. 3 runs of Kalifa and she didn't drop once.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I was hoping for a Towel Nami (I have a Robin), but instead got the following:

-INT Ivankov
-Arlong
-Arlong
-Inazuma
-Log Robin

It could have been a lot worse. I actually did want a log Robin, I hear Ivankov is good, and I actually didn't have an Arlong yet (even though he's farmable). I was expecting to get Choo every time.

bjork

Had two pulls available.

Base Killer
Base Basil Hawkins

bought some points and did 8 pulls
Base Inazuma
Evolved Mr. 3
Base Crocus
Evolved Kuro
Base Capone
Evolved Thatch
Base Inazuma
Base Killer

So without the higher chance for INT, I guess every single one of them would've been QCK? These are all socket fodder for me, blah.

Top Bottom