• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Spinx

As long as it's a new raid I'll be ok with it. Don't give me Ivankov, you fucks.
KuGsj.gif

Looking at GameWith, there's a slasher team (friend int hawk) or Aokiji/Kid team that can take out Buster Call.

Majukun

As long as it's a new raid I'll be ok with it. Don't give me Ivankov, you fucks.
KuGsj.gif

Looking at GameWith, there's a slasher team (friend int hawk) or Aokiji/Kid team that can take out Buster Call.

the salsher team i know,that's why i said you need one legend,either yours or as a fiend capt...the problem with that being that you are limited by the number of friends with said legend on your list

i might look more into that kidd and aokiji team though

MiTYH

Ugggghhh... I HATE G3 teams. But without a decent skillup that's my only go-to way. Failed 3 times already today for missing perfects? At least I'm hopeful after the skillup event next week, I can take Doffy on more seriously

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Ugggghhh... I HATE G3 teams. But without a decent skillup that's my only go-to way. Failed 3 times already today for missing perfects? At least I'm hopeful after the skillup event next week, I can take Doffy on more seriously
You should always practice in the training forests a bit before raids with G3. I've also found it easier to not think so much about who to hit/order and just go through rounds quickly to stay in the groove of hitting perfects.

Today is just NOT my day. >_<

I've run Doffy 60 4 times and failed each one. 3 of them, I failed with my on stage 1. Then, when I DID get to Doffy, I had bad orbs (despite having Orb Sockets) leading to:

I think I'm going to stop and just come back next time. I have 50 BBs waiting for Tuesday.

Tidd

tfw a inferior version of this game gets a raid boss we don't have yet ;__;

some taiwanese line version of this game is getting Heracles <.< and someone on reddit says they have Zephyr in the gamefiles hahahaha

Doffy is hilariously easy with a fully socketed double log team.

I'm waiting for enough stamina to level but I might gem a bit to get more Doffys right before the skill up event.

bjork

Forgot what my team was supposed to be, tried to run a 30 with a Sengoku team and got thrashed.

Double drop day in Long Ring island, I need the three big guys more than I need to fail raid runs.

MiTYH

Forgot what my team was supposed to be, tried to run a 30 with a Sengoku team and got thrashed.

I take screenshots on the final boss, move them into a folder on my phone. I always forget what my teams should be, so that at least cuts down on remembering (Still have to remember patterns)

bjork

I take screenshots on the final boss, move them into a folder on my phone. I always forget what my teams should be, so that at least cuts down on remembering (Still have to remember patterns)

I don't think I ever had a reliable one anyway for Doflamingo, I feel like I used a gem or two with a G3 team on his first time through.

Anyway, I decided I wanted a couple of rainbow crabs. But the game decided I shouldn't have them. They should really institute a little shop like the one in puzzle & dragons, in case you don't want to grind your life away on a maybe, just for an evolution material.

Kyou

I've run Doffy 60 4 times and failed each one. 3 of them, I failed with my on stage 1. Then, when I DID get to Doffy, I had bad orbs (despite having Orb Sockets) leading to:

I think I'm going to stop and just come back next time. I have 50 BBs waiting for Tuesday.
Consider 40 stamina, it's what I'm doing. I've gone 7/9 and considering how much I'd be losing on 60 that's pretty damn good

I have a little word folder with this in it:

Cheese BB with:

Enel/Enel
Jimbe/Capone
Godsopp/Log Luffy (for despair level 1 guarantee)

Cheese monster chopper with:

Enel/Enel
Capone/Thatch
Godsopp/Kaku (stall on round 1 until enel's skill is maxed; chopper's skill doesn't activate until 20% so do some damage down to +-50 then godsopp and wreck, super easy team)

Cheese Doffy with:

Log Luffy/Log Luffy
Mihawk/Alvida
Godsopp/Josu (+-3600 or so HP required to use Alvida, otherwise Josu)

Cheese Mihawk with:

Log Luffy/Log Luffy
Alvida/Arlong
Godsopp/Josu

Cheese Garp with:

Mihawk/Mihawk
Vista/SlashCroc
Alvida/Smoker

Cheese Ivankov with:

Zoro/Zoro
Law/Mihawk
Godsopp/Doublefinger (save orbs to swarm down near 20%!! you won't do enough damage without green orbs)

Teams I've used in the past + special notes for things I might screw up on.

HabeeNo

Urgh, I still can't beat him on 40 :(

Will wait for the next time he's here (and I have a BB on deck ready to go)

Question guys, sometimes when I log in for the first time on the day, I only get the "Mail Received" and not the day streak message, but after some time, it appears for me. Today is one of these "sometimes" lol Should I be scared of the message not appearing, or just receiving the gem means that the streak is good to go?

Kumo

Urgh, I still can't beat him on 40 :(

Will wait for the next time he's here (and I have a BB on deck ready to go)

Question guys, sometimes when I log in for the first time on the day, I only get the "Mail Received" and not the day streak message, but after some time, it appears for me. Today is one of these "sometimes" lol Should I be scared of the message not appearing, or just receiving the gem means that the streak is good to go?

The login streak doesn't have to be consecutive so you don't really have to worry about missing a day. But yeah I've noticed the message only appears sometimes as well, probably a bug.

Anyways, is it Tuesday yet? ;_; I can't take much more of this constant switching back and forth between playing the game and selling crap I don't need.

TheShah

Replace Kidd with Mihawk. Bringing Blamenco instead of Arlong along if you have him helps with bad orbs.

I failed against Doffy 3 times so far for not doing enough to the red giant on stage 2 or just killing him outright screwing up my stalling.

ah_hia

Wasted 10 gems and got 25 doffy. Died like 7 times. First two failed because of rustiness.3 failed because of poor stalling. 2 because rng.It will have to do I guess.
Let's just hope this gives me 5 skill ups at least

Heng

The login streak doesn't have to be consecutive so you don't really have to worry about missing a day. But yeah I've noticed the message only appears sometimes as well, probably a bug.
The new mail usually comes at 5 AM (EST) and the login notification usually updates at 9 AM (EST). I might be off an hour or two on these times, but I know for sure that they don't both simultaneously occur at the same time.

I just learned that the bottom doffy does 999999 damage or something under 20% health.

I've actually never had good enough orb luck to get him below 20% before I pop usopp/jozu so I just popped Alvida and got stomped by his special.

Can't believe I died due to basically doing too well lol.

Kyou

I audibly screamed "NO" when Doflamingo survived with like 1 pixel of HP on my last attempt at 60stam before I switched over

"Oh yeah no problem"
*perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect good*

Consider 40 stamina, it's what I'm doing. I've gone 7/9 and considering how much I'd be losing on 60 that's pretty damn good
Replace Kidd with Mihawk. Bringing Blamenco instead of Arlong along if you have him helps with bad orbs.
I normally have little issues with the Doffy battle itself. I just got screwed by RNG bad this morning (Wave 1 all 1 CD and bad orbs despite having the sockets).

Edit: I just remembered that I normally bring Kidd + Mihawk, not Kidd + Arlong. Herp Derp!

my 7/9 turned into a 7/14 so quickly ;_;
I also got screwed by bad RNG drop rates w/ Aokiji 40 recently, so I never wanna tempt fate again like that.

Heng

On certain streams and other forums, they've been claiming that we'll be getting tough types this Tuesday. I switched the dates and nothing loads for me. How are we so certain that we'll be getting the CP9 strongest generation this Tuesday?

On certain streams and other forums, they've been claiming that we'll be getting tough types this Tuesday. I switched the dates and nothing loads for me. How are we so certain that we'll be getting the CP9 strongest generation this Tuesday?
The character log has been updated with the new CP9, and it's been shown Sugo island was coming.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
of course, all the CP9 characters have an existing type as their second type, too

Heng

The character log has been updated with the new CP9, and it's been shown Sugo island was coming.
I see, I just figured that they would have made an announcement before releasing a new class.

I'm probably going to spend all gems for this sugo since I'm running out of characters to level, not to mentioned that I'm still missing a ton of characters from like the last 3 or 4 batches.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I see, I just figured that they would have made an announcement before releasing a new class.

I'm probably going to spend all gems for this sugo since I'm running out of characters to level, not to mentioned that I'm still missing a ton of characters from like the last 3 or 4 batches.

No don't. The Buster Call raid will give us 6 new farmable units.

Spinx

I was jealous there for a second. :p

edit: First pull, Impact Usopp. Zero interest to pull again.

*pulls again. My first pulled legend on Japan. Why did it have to be him hahahahahaha NOOOO
KuGsj.gif

NWp5B5s.jpg

Heng

Hmm seems like they are going to release them on Tuesday. No complaints here.

No don't. The Buster Call raid will give us 6 new farmable units.
Heh none of the characters seem that great, it's pretty hard for me to justify spending gems trying to max them out now instead of slowly doing it over a year or two. I guess the same could be said for RR units, but even a chance to get a new useful character sounds more tempting. To each their own.

Majukun

don't know if I like that the cp9 batch comes with some strawhats boosted too... on one hand I would like to find a stream wolf zoro, on the other I already have the other 3

I've got such rotten luck with book drops. Only got like 2 Rayleighs, an Apoo, and 3 Namules from the Camie fortnight so far. Tons of the trash books.
Is Rayleigh's special even that useful? It's just straight damage with bind recovery, but all the binds I've seen so far are either short enough that sockets are enough to mitigate them or too long for the recovery to be useful.

Gonna pull a bunch on the CP9 Sugo.
Now that Powerhouse is introduced I guess we now have all the "secondary" types.

Dawg

Been lucky. Went from 0 -> 10 with maybe 5 or 6 failures. I had 489 colas and still have a lot left. I'm actually surprised how smooth it went.

zGMlPNa.jpg

Oh yeah, that's right. Guess it just kinda overlapped with Free Spirit in my mind.
I'm a bit surprised, looking back on things, with how Ambition rolled out in Japan.

They got the Punk Hazard Sugo w/ Master Caesar as the 2.5 RR Captain when it debuted (he's pretty good as an Ambition Zephyr of 2.5x Captain Ability w/ 1.75 Type boost skill for 2 turns). Doffy is the Ambition Legend (3x for all Ambition units until any hit other than Perfect), but he wasn't introduced until the next month's Sugo. Unless I'm mistaken, Sabo, Croc and Lucci all came w/ Sugos at the same time as their new types were added (although Cerebral's 2.5x Captain is Momonga from the Buster Call raid, rather than a RR).

Been lucky. Went from 0 -> 10 with maybe 5 or 6 failures. I had 489 colas and still have a lot left. I'm actually surprised how smooth it went.

http://i.imgur.com/zGMlPNa.jpg
Nice! I had a similar result. I only had 4 failures (3 to 7 and 1 to 9), costing me 170 to max. Go us, \o/.

MiTYH

So honest question, there's a secret boss in this Hatchi fortnight, right, the starfish? Because I find it odd that I can get 4 Raleigh books but no secret boss in almost a week

bjork

My sunny is only 5 too. I did finally evolve Croc into Slasher Croc yesterday, though. Now to level him so he can belong in my slasher team.

Majukun

So honest question, there's a secret boss in this Hatchi fortnight, right, the starfish? Because I find it odd that I can get 4 Raleigh books but no secret boss in almost a week

indeed there is,but i only got it like one or two times

also it seems like it's really difficult to level up his special..only got one skillup until now

Top Bottom