• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Jupiter

pulled a few times:
Boa Hancock
Sabo
Lucci
Jabra
and some lesser Chars. So, I guess 3 legends.....on my secondary account.

Tried it on my primary and got mostly crap then.... Legend Marco. Good enough.

NLC4L!!!!
Representing!

Here are my 9 pulls:
4* CP9 Dark Justice Kalifa
3* Crocus (Dupe)
4* CP9 Dark Justice Kumadori
4* Brain Point Chopper (Dupe)
4* CP9 Dark Justice Kaku
3* Hatchan (Dupe)
4* CP9 Dark Justice Kalifa (Dupe)
4* Pell (Dupe)
4* Miss All Sunday (Dupe)

3/9 ain't too bad. I just wish I had gotten Jabra instead of the second Kalifa or Kumadori. But nope, the game wanted me to have all of the CP9 who's names started with K.

bjork

Right now there's an event for the second class, Powerhouse. Anyone you'd pull during this event with that second class, gets a +1.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Representing!

Here are my 9 pulls:
4* CP9 Dark Justice Kalifa
3* Crocus (Dupe)
4* CP9 Dark Justice Kumadori
4* Brain Point Chopper (Dupe)
4* CP9 Dark Justice Kaku
3* Hatchan (Dupe)
4* CP9 Dark Justice Kalifa (Dupe)
4* Pell (Dupe)
4* Miss All Sunday (Dupe)

3/9 ain't too bad. I just wish I had gotten Jabra instead of the second Kalifa or Kumadori. But nope, the game wanted me to have all of the CP9 who's names started with K.

Yoyoi!

bjork

Green turtle day was perfect for legend Ace, but I blew through a full bar on the penguin island. I'll be damned if I'm going to gem to get a rainbow pirate penguin. He can sit level max until I get one normally. :noseup

bzzt

Neo Member
Pulled a few times.

Evolved Curiel -new
RED POSTER: ACE!
Sanji tax

I guess I'm gonna try to get matching slot up on my shooters.

HabeeNo

Question guys, anywhere we can see the stats for the evolutions of the CP9 batch? The English site is not displaying them yet :(

Kyou

Thought "man a lot of Legends this time maybe I'll pull a bit more"

*silver* *base sanji* "nope nope nope nope nope"

Majukun

Thought "man a lot of Legends this time maybe I'll pull a bit more"

*silver* *base sanji* "nope nope nope nope nope"

i've gone all out in this sugofest since the batch was good and ended up with no legend..it's gonna pass a long time before i can pull again in a sugo...

MiTYH

I've been playing around with my Lucci team since I nabbed him last night, and I got to say I... need better characters. Without a strong orb booster or Powerhouse enhancer, it just lacks something. With what I have, I'm leaning towards this rainbow team:

Legend Lucci
Kumadori CP9 - Free orb swap and 1turn lock is a no brainer
Namule- Special boosts fighter types for 1 turn, which everyone minus Kumadori is
Marco- Heals crew
Jabra (Story CP9)- Strongest INT Fighter I have
DJ Sanji/Kimono Sanji/Jozu- Strongest QCK fighters/powerhouses I have

Still not happy with it. Really wanted RR Blueno or Jabrya, they really would work wonders in this team. Still, time will tell, for now I'll work on leveling Lucci and waiting for his fortnight to return (because all his copies went to storymode Lucci's orbs)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Garbage Sugo.

2 Robins and 1 Towel Nami. I mean that's ok, but damn. Promised myself I wouldn't spend real dollars this time. They ain't kidding about increased Straw Hat possibility.

Kyou

so has anyone else farming the Camie island noticed a SIGNIFICANT drop in rates after the 2x Skillup event started

Green Giant/Shura/Miss Christmas books are basically all I see now if it's not even just a cola.

And that's if I get books at all, just getting mob drops or even nothing at all pretty frequently.

so has anyone else farming the Camie island noticed a SIGNIFICANT drop in rates after the 2x Skillup event started

Green Giant/Shura/Miss Christmas books are basically all I see now if it's not even just a cola.

And that's if I get books at all, just getting mob drops or even nothing at all pretty frequently.
The others were already rare for me, so you probably got a good RNG drop before 2x came lol

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

I maxed my Namule from getting 5 books today ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MiTYH

A week plus of farming, STILL NO FREAKING STARFISH! The collector in me is worried considering I've gotten about 5 Raleigh books (but no Raleigh... sad)

A week plus of farming, STILL NO FREAKING STARFISH! The collector in me is worried considering I've gotten about 5 Raleigh books (but no Raleigh... sad)
I screwed myself over a bit with him. I had been running a Moria x T.Nami team and finally ran into Pappug yesterday. I forgot to use GPU on Hachi and took a hit + blind from him. After that, I couldn't heal in time to recover my Captain Ability, leading to Camie beating me. I used a gem to revive and now I'll be one gem short of a final pull on the last day of Sugo.

To make things worse, I switched to 2x T.Nami and ran into the fish again today. Cleared the stage with no issues. >_<

Tidd

BIG EVENT HYPE! 10million downloads. But that's all we have for now.

From the picture I would guess that we could get the exp meat which gives 5million exp.

BIG EVENT HYPE! 10million downloads. But that's all we have for now.

From the picture I would guess that we could get the exp meat which gives 5million exp.

That's clearly Meat to Adventure and using it will let us gain access to the Jeweled Porc Sanctuary and the Porcs within!

Kyou

That's clearly Meat to Adventure and using it will let us gain access to the Jeweled Porc Sanctuary and the Porcs within!
eating it will give you not one, not two, but SIX keys! What an event! And that's not even mentioning the 2x beli on daily event islands

also a free Zephyr evolution set

Hana-Bi

Wow, I hate farming evo materials.

I only need one purple dragon but the yellow dragon appears maybe 2/3 of the time and drops almost every time. The purple dragon? Not a chance. More than 20 runs and over two gems for nothing...

Okay, next gem and it finally dropped.

I looked in the RR units I miss and I think I won't pull that much in the next sugos. This sugo was crazy and I really need to make only 5 pulls a sugo (with the amount of sugos we are getting maybe only 5 pulls a month).

Besides the Log units (Chopper, Brook, Usopp, Nami, Vivi), the limited RR units, the CP9 batch (Kaku, Kalifa, Jabra, Fukurou) (yeah double chance my ass for Kalifa and Jabra) and all the legends (I have Log Luffy, WB+dupe and Boa) the only 5* star units I'm missing are Blamenco, Doma, Oars and Hack.

I think I should wait for a str up sugo. :)

bjork

I only need one purple dragon but the yellow dragon appears maybe 2/3 of the time and drops almost every time. The purple dragon? Not a chance. More than 20 runs and over two gems for nothing...

I ran the penguin island as I drove to work last night, since it doesn't require full attention to complete. Ran a full stamina bar, and nothing. Got two more runs in off stamina, during my first break, still no rainbow pirate penguin. That might be the single worst luck I've had with an evolver to date. So now I guess I wait until next week, as I don't recall any story stage having that as a drop.

Tidd

Okay, next gem and it finally dropped.

I looked in the RR units I miss and I think I won't pull that much in the next sugos. This sugo was crazy and I really need to make only 5 pulls a sugo (with the amount of sugos we are getting maybe only 5 pulls a month).

Besides the Log units (Chopper, Brook, Usopp, Nami, Vivi), the limited RR units, the CP9 batch (Kaku, Kalifa, Jabra, Fukurou) (yeah double chance my ass for Kalifa and Jabra) and all the legends (I have Log Luffy, WB+dupe and Boa) the only 5* star units I'm missing are Blamenco, Doma, Oars and Hack.

I think I should wait for a str up sugo. :)

Yeah, a lot of 400+days players probably have most of the RR characters, which aren't legends. I will probably wait till the last Doffy batch or the 3D2Y Straw Hats (or SW hahahaha) before I go all out again.

koryuken

did 34 pulls and overall great luck. I had like 6 silvers in a row in the beginning which tested my resolve...

Ended up getting all CP9 units except 6* Lucci. Final pull was Log Luffy :) -- worth it.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
I went back in to fish for Kalifa, was committed to 12 pulls (copies of Log Usopp, Log Sanji, G3 evolved, Vivi, Jabra, some silvers, etc) but no dice. Thought long and hard and did a 13th, fortunately she came out as a 4* version. Phew.

Just missing Kumadori from this batch now, but I'm cool with that. Will wait till next time.

did 34 pulls and overall great luck. I had like 6 silvers in a row in the beginning which tested my resolve...

Ended up getting all CP9 units except 6* Lucci. Final pull was Log Luffy :) -- worth it.

Saw your post in the sub, glad to hear you didn't pull a dupe legend this time! Did you manage to get lucky with SW Ace skill ups?

koryuken

Saw your post in the sub, glad to hear you didn't pull a dupe legend this time! Did you manage to get lucky with SW Ace skill ups?

Thanks! One skill up from three Aces, and only one non shit socket :)The real heart-breaker was 0 Boa skill-ups from 15 books -- all that blood sweat and tears lol. However Log Luffy does make up for it.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks! One skill up from three Aces, and only one non shit socket :)The real heart-breaker was 0 Boa skill-ups from 15 books -- all that blood sweat and tears lol. However Log Luffy does make up for it.

0/15! That's downright criminal. Sorry to hear dude, good to know sugo didn't add to that heartbreak.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Now I'm feeling inadequate with 4 legends, lol.

Don't be.

Speaking from personal experience, pulling dupe legends for three months prior to this Sugo wasn't fun and realistically, it's just a matter of being lucky. There is no skill set involved with pulling, one can only cast as big a net as they feel comfortable with. Not to single out a player on my FL, but their name is "231 pulls, 0 legends", like that definitely hurts. At that point the game feels more punishing, given the effort/crazy devotion/time, whatever you want to call it. I also know of another player who quit just recently because they weren't satisfied with 4 legends and varying other reasons of non-success.

No need to be jealous (not saying you're feeling that way), but the journey is long and you're only racing yourself.

You got a great INThawk legend (currently socketable) who was recently used in the Kizaru raid, Log Luffy will carry you through a great deal of upcoming content, hopefully you've gotten that last skill up you needed on your Rayleigh and WB is still in my eyes, the absolute worst case scenario lead/super-sub, given our content structure in Global thus far.

koryuken

No need to feel inadequate -- most of the legends are variations on one another, with little added benefit of having both versions. For example WB and Crocodile, Log Luffy and G3 (not legend obviously), Boa and Marco, Sabo and SW Shanks, etc.

Personally, I pull for specific RR's -- this time I was trying to get Kalifa to build an OP Crocodile team. If a legend drops in the process then awesome, but if not, I will not be disappointed. Trying to pull for legends is a bad idea unless you are comfortable burning $250-500 each Sugo.

What do you think of people with 0 legends?
X6diRUGm.jpg

:(

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Don't be.

Speaking from personal experience, pulling dupe legends for three months prior to this Sugo wasn't fun and realistically, it's just a matter of being lucky. There is no skill set involved with pulling, one can only cast as big a net as they feel comfortable with. Not to single out a player on my FL, but their name is "231 pulls, 0 legends", like that definitely hurts. At that point the game feels more punishing, given the effort/crazy devotion/time, whatever you want to call it. I also know of another player who quit just recently because they weren't satisfied with 4 legends and varying other reasons of non-success.

No need to be jealous (not saying you're feeling that way), but the journey is long and you're only racing yourself.

You got a great INThawk legend (currently socketable) who was recently used in the Kizaru raid, Log Luffy will carry you through a great deal of upcoming content, hopefully you've gotten that last skill up you needed on your Rayleigh and WB is still in my eyes, the absolute worst case scenario lead/super-sub, given our content structure in Global thus far.
Yeah, it's just been a while without a red poster. I probably have the best legends available on global right now. Basically having legend pull withdrawal symptoms, haha.

Kyou

the luck disparity in these kind of games is always really fascinating to see in practice

Person A: Ugh I have -SO MANY- legends that I keep getting dupe legends when I get new legends

Person B: I sacrificed a baby goat before the altar of the god of luck and pulled 200 times and got 200 Mr. 3s. None of them got skill ups.

edit: now to remember a good iva team...

RedBoot

What teams are you guys using? None of my LLuffy friends have him up as captain. :(

Double Mihawk, Law, Apoo, Dofy (this can be any DEX slasher, I don't have his skill leveled enough to use), GP Usopp, with the coffin ship. Hit Iva til you can't survive another attack, stall him then use the Mihawks, Law, and Apoo on the last turn. Standard stuff, and I find it more reliable than Law-led teams thanks to the extra HP and Mihawk special.

Also: Young Arlong next. Looks like I'll be filling up ~50 of those free spots already. Want to skill max new Arlong and hopefully have some leftovers to socket old Arlong. And Bandai still hasn't fixed the new event's info even though it's been up for a day now. :p

Kyou

Man, double Law makes Iva a complete joke.

Using Law/Law, Doffy, Mihawk, Apoo and GP Usopp

Finishing runs before Mihawk is even charged

Coffin Boat - Zoro/Law here w/ Apoo, Mihawk, Doffy and GPU. Super easy, to the point where I only bring GPU to stall 3 extra turns on the Seahorse stage.

Heng

Double Mihawk, Law, Apoo, Dofy (this can be any DEX slasher, I don't have his skill leveled enough to use), GP Usopp, with the coffin ship. Hit Iva til you can't survive another attack, stall him then use the Mihawks, Law, and Apoo on the last turn. Standard stuff, and I find it more reliable than Law-led teams thanks to the extra HP and Mihawk special.

Also: Young Arlong next. Looks like I'll be filling up ~50 of those free spots already. Want to skill max new Arlong and hopefully have some leftovers to socket old Arlong. And Bandai still hasn't fixed the new event's info even though it's been up for a day now. :p
Thanks for the info. With LL, all I have to do is use Doflamingo's special with Doublefinger and just 1 shot him. I'll use a slasher team when I run out of LL.

Edit: Doublefinger isn't needed, I guess I can put Apoo instead for the guaranteed green orbs.

Kyou

Coffin Boat - Zoro/Law here w/ Apoo, Mihawk, Doffy and GPU. Super easy, to the point where I only bring GPU to stall 3 extra turns on the Seahorse stage.

Oh yeah, I forgot to make it coffin boat, that'll make it even easier!

I find it really easy to break the defense of everything in the seahorse stage

Oh yeah, I forgot to make it coffin boat, that'll make it even easier!
I did so too at first. But then I nearly died by underestimating my HP -> stall potential. Once I used the Sunny's beam I realized "Wait... I never had THIS before. OH RIGHT THAT'S BECAUSE I USE THE COFFIN SHIP, DERP!"

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
That 10 Million Downloads event... is actually... decent.

1) Rainbow Gem daily, as per usual
2) Two 5 million XP meats (Login during May 10-16 for the first, May 17-23 for the second)
3) Facebook event, details on May 12
4) Replay Rush
- May 10-14: Rising Sun, Rising Fortunes (Kimono SHs)
- May 14-18: Halloween Part 1
- May 18-22: Halloween Part 2
- Rayleigh training: May 11, May 21
5) FP Recruit: May 17-23, pictured are Skypiea units, Doublefinger, Mr. 1, Zeff and... Enel (Plus free 1,000 FP each day)
6) 2x Super Success and Skill Up: May 17-23

The exact text for the 2x Super/Skill Up:

"All during this part of the event, you'll have twice the chance to level up your characters' Specials every time you Power Up using a character with the same Special or the right Manual and a chance at 1.5x EXP! Don't miss this chance to get your crew in fighting trim!"

Top Bottom