• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Hana-Bi

The double Mihawk team does handle 60 stamina fairly well, assuming nothing goes terribly wrong (and Arlong had a blue orb for half the fight, so there's some leeway). The problem is, I only have a handful of Maxhawk friends up, most everyone else is doing Chopper, G3, or BB. :p Doesn't matter much, I'm not going to be able to farm much more today anyway. I've got a few extra Dofys right now, if I can get 5-8 later today I'll consider it a good start.

Gonna have to get a lot of working teams to truly farm him next time, though. I can do Chopper and BB with some more preparation, but all the G3 friend captains don't help. Maybe there's a possible team that uses a G3 FC and something else as my captain?

What units are you using besides Mihawk?

IHaveIce

Banned
Nice! I guess you rerolled? Which legends did you get?

Nah started back then out with Gecko and SW Luffy.

Today I got Boa and Rayleigh, had already Sabo and 6star Mihawk.

My Girlfriend got her 7th :( Her collection is: Boa, Rayleigh, Sabo, Log Luffy, SW Ace, 6star Crocodile and now the new Doflamingo

RedBoot

What units are you using besides Mihawk?

Double Mihawk (both skill maxed), Arlong (lv.95), Mr. 1 (max level), Perona (lv. 70, skill maxed), GP Usopp (max level, skill max). Max Coffin Ship as well.

The skill maxes are required for the Mihawks and Usopp, and Perona needs to be around 18-19 or so. Arlong and Mr. 1 need to be high leveled as well, since they do the damage.

Mazre

So far so good, 7 doffys in the stable, gotta charge my phone though and space these runs out through the day. G3 is actually pretty forgiving, with max usopp I just need to make sure I've stalled 10 turns by stage 4 and from there it's pretty much purely mechanical. I can even completely miss a turn (thanks weird turn skippy glitch) during the Doffy stage and still finish him with room to spare. My stall strategy usually lets me arrive at Doffy with orbs on both luffys and arlong as well.

Hana-Bi

Double Mihawk (both skill maxed), Arlong (lv.95), Mr. 1 (max level), Perona (lv. 70, skill maxed), GP Usopp (max level, skill max). Max Coffin Ship as well.

The skill maxes are required for the Mihawks and Usopp, and Perona needs to be around 18-19 or so. Arlong and Mr. 1 need to be high leveled as well, since they do the damage.

Thanks. Might try this out later. Might use Jozu instead of Perona.

MiTYH

Yikes, Doffy's a beast. Double G3, Jozu, Alvida, Perona and GP, and still had to gem caused I messed up on the 40 stamina (only hemmed because he dropped when the first clone went down). Tried and failed 60 stamina twice. Yikes. I need to buff up blackbeard or MC for next time, I don't like relying on the perfects

Dawg

I just realized I'm slowly collecting all Whitebeard division commanders.

- 5 STAR Blamenco (6th division)
- 5 STAR Blackbeard (ex 2nd division)
- 5 STAR Ace (2nd division)
- 5 STAR Diamond Jozu (3rd division)
- 5 STAR Vista (5th division)
- 5 STAR Thatch (4th division)
- 4 STAR Curiel (10th division)
- 5 STAR Izo (16th division)

Still got a lot of guys to collect but I'm getting there :3

RalchAC

So far so good, 7 doffys in the stable, gotta charge my phone though and space these runs out through the day. G3 is actually pretty forgiving, with max usopp I just need to make sure I've stalled 10 turns by stage 4 and from there it's pretty much purely mechanical. I can even completely miss a turn (thanks weird turn skippy glitch) during the Doffy stage and still finish him with room to spare. My stall strategy usually lets me arrive at Doffy with orbs on both luffys and arlong as well.

My Monster Chopper strategy works like yours, but I'm able to hit Greats without worries :p

Thanks. Might try this out later. Might use Jozu instead of Perona.

If you have Jozu, definitely use him. He has more health and the damage reduction is bigger. He makes the battle much less tense, really.

I just realized I'm slowly collecting all Whitebeard division commanders.

- 5 STAR Blamenco (6th division)
- 5 STAR Blackbeard (ex 2nd division)
- 5 STAR Ace (2nd division)
- 5 STAR Diamond Jozu (3rd division)
- 5 STAR Vista (5th division)
- 5 STAR Thatch (4th division)
- 4 STAR Curiel (10th division)
- 5 STAR Izo (16th division)

Still got a lot of guys to collect but I'm getting there :3

Hopefully Whitebeard will follow them soon, right?

I don't have as much luck with those. I don't have Blamenco, Vista and Thatch.

If I had a Gear 3rd Luffy I would have the whole Strawhats v2 batch.

Yikes, Doffy's a beast. Double G3, Jozu, Alvida, Perona and GP, and still had to gem caused I messed up on the 40 stamina (only hemmed because he dropped when the first clone went down). Tried and failed 60 stamina twice. Yikes. I need to buff up blackbeard or MC for next time, I don't like relying on the perfects

Yeah, he is quite hard. I've screwed up like 5 or 6 times before getting used to 60 stamina. Now I've won 5 battles in a row, so I feel a bit more confident.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Really? i find my team is pretty brain dead.
Stage 1: take out everything but green penguin and blue top guy in the first turn. get locked by blue guy, take a hit by blue guy, on 1 left then kill him, next turn kill penguin

Stage 2: take out all units but giant, hit giant a bit but not to low hp. take the 20k+ hit, hit him again this time to the low 20% or close to it, next turn finish getting him to 20% or if he is just feather touch him. He buffs, continue to feather touch, on 1 turn kill him

Stage 3, kill everything but turtle/lobster asap, then one turn hit per turn the lower cooldown between the turtle and lobster, finishes both in 4 attacks.

Stage 4, kill sea horse, and every colour that isnt blue/purple(i find either blackbeards can one shot the elder with a great+, like wise the red and green units so just swap to the top yellow to get the last 2 hits in), get locked, kill one of them, next turn kill the other.

Stage 5, whitebeard and mihawk special, attack as normal, 2nd turn use marco, take 72k hit, special to kill both.

Sure it feels a bit slow, but the only time i messed it up was when i went too fast. Though my team is double blackbeard(aiming for a sub 20 friend), max wb/mihawk/marco.
That's my team as well, but with a Log Luffy in there too for damage. I just meant that you have to be paying attention, get the giant under 20% in one go if you only have 1 turn / got bad orbs, etc. it's not hard, just requires focus.

I posted my walk through of what I do earlier in the thread, but I stall to use Marco on stage 4.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I thought it was going to be hard and stuff with G3 but it is soooooooo lenient with maxed GP. Turn 1 blue guy have 1 CD? Don't matter, just kill. You can flub getting giant to 20% and take a hit, you can even outright kill him and just stall on turtle and lobster. GP stage 4, farm for red orbs and then you can mess up around two times against Doffy.

Against my better judgement I decided to try doffy 40 sta a 3rd time.

This time using mihawk's ship + perona.

Got my ass kicked again, the auto selector kept picking the worst targets constantly; what a load of shit.

Hana-Bi

Man, I make some stupid mistakes every other run. But I always use a gem to continue. Don't know how many copies I can farm this way but I think 70-75 should be enough for a skill up event with decent luck. (Don't think I can get this many - only at 15 copies right now...).

I really wish the manual selector let us choose enemies in the desired order and then attacking in said order.

Ex: On wave 3 selecting CD 1 Pirate 1, CD 1 Pirate 2, CD 1 Pirate 3, CD 2 Pirate, Turtle, Lobster and simply stopping after beating the CD2 Pirate; rather than having to manually change targets mid-attack.

Verelios

Daaaaamn, almost won 60 stam Duffy without gemming, but 15000 hp with MC captains and Alvida special may as well be nothing. Top Duffy had less than 20% too. If I could get MC special up I could probably farm him but that doesn't seem likely with slvl 1.

Majukun

damn, Doffy is the biggest sob in the game too.. lots of gems wasted with him surviving by a bunch of hp... farmed 17 for now.. Maybe later I'll try to make them 25..way lower than the 40 I wanted, but both the new year and Dofla's toughness kept me from getting more... hopefully I'll have a complete blackbeard team next time, which seems to make the whole thing trivial.

Kumo

I've failed maybe 6 or 7 times so far due to the first stage having mostly all 1 turn timers and/or really bad orb luck. This game can be really cruel sometimes.

Jayhawk

I have had more success farming today with a double G3 team with GP Usopp (max skill), Whitebeard (20 CD skill), Mihawk (max skill), Perona (20 CD skill). I can stall better than I could with Whitebeard captain. Stage 1 is too difficult for me with a Whitebeard team. With G3 team, I am able to take more planned hits, especially with the turtle and lobster... and I can eat meat orbs freely after the 3 perfects. I farmed 10 copies so far. I'm aiming for about 25 copies. I'll try to beef up my Blackbeard team for next time he's around.

Being able to stall for 6 turns and farm orbs on stage 4 is SUPER great. It really helps with the damage on the first round before he gets the defense buff up.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
It took 96 copies, but my Doffy is max/max. Made about 10 million beli, spent roughly 40 gems. I want to say I continued more times than I should've as I kept passing out mid-runs. I had runs where my Blackbeard or Mihawk special was activated early... and I had no clue when it happened. It was hilarious and equally ridiculous in hindsight.

Ideally/insanely I'd like to go back and skill max an unevolved unit, but I'm absolutely out of gas and am aiming for something far more important now... which is sleep. I'll keep juggling my captain as much as possible, so it hopefully helps anyone out for the remainder of the way.

Good luck to those still farming! Keep at it.

ElChado

Neo Member
I'm really taking my time too much here. im aiming for 50-60 copies but im only at 40. Though i did only just start 8 hours after he arrived.

I ended up switching my team up to not having a marco, just bb/bb/chopper/wb/mihawk/usopp if i mess up getting the stage 2 giant low on time i just farm red orbs on end of stage 3 and on stage 4, then pray choppers special does 100-200k.

Feels weird to look through my friends list and it's nearly 25% gear 3 25% whitebeard 25% chopper 25% blackbeard.

Heng

I struggled with stage 1 last night when it gave me enemies with all 1 turn CD until I found a great strategy to beat it. I can take 5 hits, although 4 would drop me down to <30%. My strategy is use Usopp, and WB x2 to kill the DEX enemy and then use Kid/Jozu/Mihawk to weaken or kill the big QCK guy who chains. This would make me take 3 hits from the remaining enemy (4 if pirate penguin is on a 1 turn CD as well) and I would only need to take out 1 unit in the next turn that's not the weakened QCK unit, although I can usually take out 2 units on the second turn. The third turn would put me under 30% which will allow me to clear the wave, although I could also leave the penguin alive for 1 more turn if I needed to stall.

I've made 2 videos and I'll link it once it's been uploaded. One of the video doesn't have any audio so I may not upload it.

https://youtu.be/Icf2SY9GC70
Damn it looks like the run where I got everyone on a 1 turn CD is the mute video... Oh well.

I've failed maybe 6 or 7 times so far due to the first stage having mostly all 1 turn timers and/or really bad orb luck. This game can be really cruel sometimes.
Stage 1 and 3 can be brutal if the timers are all low. I've also messed up on getting the giant to the proper HP.

I spent a total of 16 gems and only got 20 Doffy copies stashed to wait for skillup+sockets. I think I'll stop there and save my remaining gems for the next time BB comes around. Between missed perfects, bad orb luck or the aboved mentioned stalling issues, my failure rate is too high to waste any more gems. Once my BB is max skilled, this will be a far simpler battle.

Biggest shame: I had a fantastic run going, until I forgot to use Jozu's skill and died.

pelicansurf

It took 96 copies, but my Doffy is max/max. Made about 10 million beli, spent roughly 40 gems. I want to say I continued more times than I should've as I kept passing out mid-runs. I had runs where my Blackbeard or Mihawk special was activated early... and I had no clue when it happened. It was hilarious and equally ridiculous in hindsight.

Ideally/insanely I'd like to go back and skill max an unevolved unit, but I'm absolutely out of gas and am aiming for something far more important now... which is sleep. I'll keep juggling my captain as much as possible, so it hopefully helps anyone out for the remainder of the way.

Good luck to those still farming! Keep at it.
Nice good job! I've been taking it easy today, I'm almost to 80 copies. Not sure if I'm brave enough to start feeding Doffy copies. I might feed him 5 near the end and see how much he skills up. If he skills up at 2-3, I'll keep going. If zero, I'll save my copies.

I'm sitting at 43 copies right now. Ideally I'd like to hit 70 but I don't know if that's going to happen but I'll be damned if I'm not trying to get there.

I'm looking forward to Zephyr's raid only because I know it'll be pretty easy with the team I've had built for months now. For me every raid boss up to this point with exception to Mihawk has been some sort of colossal endurance run. My team for BB takes a while but I've developed so many back-up strats with Usopp and Alvida in case something goes wrong that have been unusually successful that I almost feel like I'm cheating the system. I only wish this didn't take so damn long.

pelicansurf

I'm at 82 copies. Think I'll gem until I level up (twice) and finish that stamina bar. I kinda just want to stop though, lol.

Decided to do two more runs before bed because I needed a quick way to blow through my final stamina before sleeping.

Obviously when I barely care and am just playing to get the stamina spent I easily beat Dofla 2x in a row and even get a poster drop from 40 stamina, lol.

Oh well good, now at least I have doflamingo!

Will farm him once we get sockets I think, not feeling that quite yet, but very happy I got his initial drop; that means I can start building TANK slasher teams too, yay.

Tidd

I'm done with the game. I quit. lol
JLwhN18.jpg

Needed 90 copies (if you need more during a skill up event, I'll laugh at you xP) and 45ish gems. The first 10 runs were so terrible. Over the day I probably wasted 15-20 Doffy copies because I couldn't stall right. The stalling part was definitely harder than Doffy himself (which is obvious because nearly everyone is over-prepared for him).
Now that I maxed him, we will get sockets next week ;) But I don't care. This was my goal for today and I can't wait to farm BB with him. My slasher team will get revenge, Teach!
I'm exhausted and will take a break from OPTC for the rest of the day, after I do 3 more Croc runs. I wasted enough stamina, today. xD
Everyone else who can still enjoy Doffy: good luck!

Tomorrow I will tackle the Whitebeard forest, with my G3 team and Doffy, and fail.

Nah started back then out with Gecko and SW Luffy.

Today I got Boa and Rayleigh, had already Sabo and 6star Mihawk.

My Girlfriend got her 7th :( Her collection is: Boa, Rayleigh, Sabo, Log Luffy, SW Ace, 6star Crocodile and now the new Doflamingo

Damn, that's nice! Congrats!
How can some people have so much luck? Steal her account. xD

It took 96 copies, but my Doffy is max/max.

Congrats! I guess, we are the first two on GAF with maxed Doffys. :D

pelicansurf

I'm done with the game. I quit. lol

Needed 90 copies (if you need more during a skill up event, I'll laugh at you xP) and 45ish gems. The first 10 runs were so terrible. Over the day I probably wasted 15-20 Doffy copies because I couldn't stall right. The stalling part was definitely harder than Doffy himself (which is obvious because nearly everyone is over-prepared for him).
Now that I maxed him, we will get sockets next week ;) But I don't care. This was my goal for today and I can't wait to farm BB with him. My slasher team will get revenge, Teach!
I'm exhausted and will take a break from OPTC for the rest of the day, after I do 3 more Croc runs. I wasted enough stamina, today. xD
Everyone else who can still enjoy Doffy: good luck!

Tomorrow I will tackle the Whitebeard forest, with my G3 team and Doffy, and fail.

Damn, that's nice! Congrats!
How can some people have so much luck? Steal her account. xD

Congrats! I guess, we are the first two on GAF with maxed Doffys. :D
You guys are tempting me to blow my 90 copies. Gah. Must stay strong.

ElChado

Neo Member
I wanted 50-60, i hit 50 and am stopping there. Gonna try to keep these copies till a skill up after we get sockets. Will be rough.

Funny thing happened during the day, i had over 100 stamina and only needed 9k experience to level so i decided to run the double drop long ring island, foxxy drops first run. Guess that's supposed to make up for the near 400 enel runs.

Also, you guys think we'll get any news when doffy leaves in 1.5 hours? The announcements bar looks a bit short/empty. I know the OPTC team is on holiday till the 4th or 5th, but maybe Water 7 end of january?

I can't see us getting the next daily gem event notice already, nor another sugofest, i cant see us getting any new training islands right now, weekly coloured turtles came as a daily gem event, same as 2 return fortnights per week on japan.

Maybe there will be nothing and the kimono-er rising sun-straw hats fortnight event was the only thing to be announced. Maybe I'll dream big and V4.0 notice for sometime in January.

Hana-Bi

I screwed up the last few runs. I think its time for bed now. Got 52 copies. Wanted 60, but I will waste too much gems now so I'll stop.

Majukun

I'm stopping at 30..left around 10 on the ground because of various screw ups.. in some of them you couldn't even see Dofla's hp bar..

sad thing is that I started getting really good against Doffy near the end...

chrono01

Congrats on the max-skill Mingo, Lucy and Tidd! It sounds like you're getting close too, pelicansurf, so pre-congrats to you!

I'm waiting for Round Two before I farm, since I hope to have my Blackbeard team more ready for it then. :(

Heng

I ended up farming 31 copies with I think 9 or 10 gems. I'm actually not sure how that ended up working, even with the natural stamina refill and the level ups. Now I have to hold these copies until the next update comes, and hopefully I won't have to wait too long.

Mazre

Grats on mingo's all, especially those crazy enough to max him. My final tally was 30 stocked. Had one complete tap failure including all the blue orbs, one forgotten usopp, and one forgotten Jozu.

Jayhawk

Managed to farm 38 Doflamingos. That should get most of the skill ups from a skill up event. There were several more that could have been mine if not for various mistakes and the failures from learning how to stall safely with a G3 team. My txt file with notes for next time he is around will be useful. My thumb feels weird now.

I need to spend 5-10 gems tomorrow for Perona 30 stamina farming, and I guess try out the challenge for some rewards.

bzzt

Neo Member
Farmed 72 Doffies. Waiting for 2x skill up before I use them. Hopefully sockets would be out by them.

Kumo

Stopped after 32 doffys lol. I'm like forget this, stalling with WB was getting stressful after doing multiple runs. Actually, stalling itself was fine. I had a couple runs where I needed 3 turns before WB and mihawk were ready but the amount of stalling that Jozu and GPU provided were more than enough to clear the raid still. Surviving was the hard part. That first stage in particular costed me around 10 doffys. :(

I'll just hold onto these until sockets. Really don't want to do more than I need to for that raid. @_@

Man if I wasn't working for most of the day I'll probably would've gotten as many Doffy as you guys XD
Also did not realise the new thread, and Happy belated New Year to OPTC GAF.

60 Doffy runs turned out surprisingly okay if I didn't mess up too much at the beginning, Monster Chopper was a no go for me lol but Gear 3 runs was good as long as the game ran okay and didn't F up my timing. Not gonna risk feed Doffy till skill up lol, gonna need to try and get platinum in ranking then farm Perona.

I managed to get 64 copies. I was hoping to get at least 70 but with yesterday being New Year's Eve and also my mother's birthday, I couldn't put in as much time as I wanted. Farming started out rough but I must have sorted out all the kinks in my sleep and didn't fail a single run today. Props to Clogger for his guide that I used to check enemy attack damage to stall properly and thanks to all my maxed Blackbeard friends.

Going back to the regular game is kinda surreal after that intense focus high stakes marathon. Quite the difference going back to just steamrolling fortnights with max level units.

koryuken

Thank you BB friends. Farmed 70 Doffies -- could have gotten more, but got burned on a bit :) Will save for 2x Special event.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks guys and again, good work everyone! Hopefully the 2x skill up comes sooner than later. And worst case undoubtedly Doffy will be back again sometime down the road.

Great work Tidd! Definitely feels nice to be done. I thought 60 stamina was interesting, it showed how there really was very little room for error. It took a few runs for me to find a rhythm, didn't anticipate that but after that it went okay. The stalling portion leading up to Doffy was curious I thought. Originally I had MC in my team but I found the lack of RCV being more detriment mass farming. So then I subbed GP Usopp in, but then eventually found a lack of damage output with some of the mobs. I ended up using a different STR sub altogether, just to guarantee more HP and at least some RCV which helped tank a few hits here and there.

I really hope you come out victorious with the Whitebeard forest!!

You guys are tempting me to blow my 90 copies. Gah. Must stay strong.

Stay strong! I saw varying results today, Tidd with his 90, myself with 96. I saw another player needing 75 copies, another needing 115 and while another needing 155. Then there were other players only making it halfway with 145 copies, or going 7/85 or 7/117. Sure it's RNG, but unless you were committed to the cause in the offset definitely don't use them now! I hope you haven't, you totally should have more than enough to skill max when the rate up is back.

ah_hia

I only managed 6 copies of don flamingo. G3 is super stressful for me. I wasted around 8 gems to get 6.sigh.

Are the Red, Yellow, Blue and Green turtles we are getting over the next 8 days going to be on a schedule or choose your own time like the last ones?

Top Bottom