• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Sugar looks like loads of fun. I'm hoping we just get a new batch this month, part of me is anticipating Revolutionaries, possibly with a QCK Sugo.

Me this morning: Oh good, lots of QCK units on the friends list, gonna be a good turtle time!
*5pm*
*one boa, one jozu, one jinbei*

I'm missing Thatch myself, thus couldn't really help out today. I'll be able to help more appropriately with the TT's later next week. Although... thinking about it now, I could've left MC up.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Still have to get bosses down to 91% HP to set it up, but that's not too hard if you have all those beefy units. For more plebian teams, it'd be nice to just take a raid boss down to 25% life or so, drop Mihawk and Sugar, and not have to worry about hitting perfects to avoid the sub-20% death supers. I wonder if toys still drop posters, though.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't they have just sat around pecking at the toy Aokiji for a really long time with missed attacks? I wanted to see him lose his 999 turn debuff blocker.
The toy immediately kills the target. You still get all the rewards too.

Gah, didn't realize the TT thing. Why are they ditching the much better 30min from when you start format? So lame.

I missed both turtle times because this one wasn't included in that little turtle time website, so I completely messed up on the timing. /:

I really needed those red turtles too to evolve my kidd, so I'm pretty annoyed by how they did it this time.

Jayhawk

Got a good chunk of exp on Blackbeard with Turtle Time. That should help with the last bit of Doflamingo farming I will do next time he's around. I suppose we should start looking to prepare for the next set of possible raid bosses. I think we're all overprepared for Zephyr at this point, if he ever shows up.

Qmzn

Neo Member
The toy immediately kills the target. You still get all the rewards too.

Oh. So it's really just a under 20% kill that leaves behind a toy. Still cool.

EEB6MgB.jpg

Bonney just signed her own death warrant.

(But not really. I forgot about her resurrection and still died.)

Raxious

Did a few more pulls cause I wasn't to sure with what I should go with and ended up with the following:

SW Ace + 4* SW Franky

Log Luffy + Boa Hancock + 4* Killer + 4* Ceasar Clown
Log Luffy + Mihawk + 2x 4* Lao G + 4* Mr. 3

Which one should I go for?

Qmzn

Neo Member
I second the Log/Mihawk vote. They tackle more high-end content. and they get left up in friends lists more often. INT Mihawk also attracts max skill DEX Mihawks.

Lao G is a great pull, too. I get the feeling the devs are going to drop some content that Doffy family strolls past with their newer mechanics.

Boa's kind of a lousy 6* at the moment. She shows up a little more often during STR raids or fortnights, but even then, most players opt for Enel or Ace instead. She's improved with heal ability specced, but it will be a while before you have a team to farm the Boa raid for dupes.

Raxious

Seems like Log Luffy and Mihawk best to start with..

I wonder if they suddenly drop Aokiji raid, can our current content clear it? Without WB.

Don't think so, Aokiji is pretty damn strong. I'd say you'd definitely need sockets atleast.

Majukun

ok,this game hates me..
the one time i do everything good and i can actually complete perona's bounty mission,i get matching orb in ALL THREE of my attackers and i can't squeeze the last 2 hits out of her and end up at 24

and i couldn't even tank another it so rerolling one orb was out of question...

Heng

Don't think so, Aokiji is pretty damn strong. I'd say you'd definitely need sockets atleast.
It's possible to do it without sockets:

https://youtu.be/H7Kn8pmj_bM

He got lucky with RNG in terms of stalling (from the look of things). He did however activate his special pretty early so you have about ~6 turns to be used as room for error (first attack is a percentage of your current health and he'll be placed on a 3 turn CD). It's probably not good enough to comfortably farm him but it'll be good enough to get 1 copy and wait until sockets come out.

The only character I'm missing from this team is Urouge, although he was brought due to his damage. I might be able to substitute him with Impact Usopp or Enel, assuming he will drop for me...

Tidd

This game is killing me. (especially the Wb forest) I had 5!! turns to kill 3 lobsters and I didn't get a single matching orb on 4 units. RNG hates me.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
This game is killing me. (especially the Wb forest) I had 5!! turns to kill 3 lobsters and I didn't get a single matching orb on 4 units. RNG hates me.

I do believe Doffy can kill the blue lobster without a matching orb and Perona can kill it with a matching orb. Green can be defeated easily as long as G3/WB or Log Luffy has a neutral orb. Only the Yellow, Purple, Red lobsters require it on your highest STR unit. It goes without saying, perfect chain combo are mandatory. One thing you can try to do if possible, try to farm a green or red orb on the prior stage with Vista.

-

Also, just in case, typing out the following:

The tactic on 17 can change up easily in regards to Perona. You can either go in and activate Perona immediately if you have a green orb. Manually target the green lobster, then go:

GP Usopp > Perona/Zoro > Alvida/Perona > Captain > Captain > Mihawk/Doffy

A perfect chain will kill the green and then red lobsters and the orbed Mihawk/Doffy will wipe out Jozu.

The alternative to this requires Alvida. After GP Usopp, kill all the lobsters with a lower CD than Jozu, then activate Perona on his first attack and kill all remaining lobsters. You'll need two green orbs for this tactic, as with defense up the first perfect chain combo with an orbed Mihawk/Doffy will take out about 80% of Jozu's life. Then the second orb will take him out. But the key here is you actually want to stall on him for as long as possible, while farming for a green orb, to get Alvida's special ready (if you have it maxed, or close to) so it can be used on Marco on the next stage. You also want to tank a full hit from Jozu here at 6,700 HP and then he'll have a 3 turn counter. The lobsters hit for nearly 4,000 HP with 2 turn counters.

Supposedly pending HP, an infinite loop of Perona > Alvida > GP Usopp can be created. But the main thing here is Alvida's special and that's the biggest outliner for her versatility over Zoro for the forest.

If you manage 17 like this, the biggest saving grace for your run will be Marco showing up with a 3 turn counter.

Don't give up on the forest! The orbs will go your way eventually.

Tidd

I do believe Doffy can kill the blue lobster without a matching orb and Perona can kill it with a matching orb. Green can be defeated easily as long as G3/WB or Log Luffy has a neutral orb. Only the Yellow, Purple, Red lobsters require it on your highest STR unit. It goes without saying, perfect chain combo are mandatory. One thing you can try to do if possible, try to farm a green or red orb on the prior stage with Vista.

At least for a double G3 team this is also valid:
GPU can kill the purple lobster with a yellow orb and Doffy can kill Jozu with neutral orbs in 3 hits. I know this stage like no other. xD

Maybe I really should change Zoro for Perona. But I somehow want to work it out with my setup because I know that this works on the stages after that. But thanks anyway. :)

Dandte

Still struggling with perona. I'm stuck at 24 cause i miss hits on the turtles.
Can someone put up a killer? :)

Copons

Btw I did 26 at Perona with 2xMC.
You just have to be skilled enough (or lucky, like me) to kill Kumacy and Perona with 3+ 50K hits both, and have a bit of care with the hit order during the other stages (mostly try to hit 50K on the turtles too).

Bah, I hope I never need a cooldown lower than 14 on my Mr. 1 because I just blew 15 skillbooks for 0 skill ups. Then again I'll assume people will be running this fortnight one day to try and socket Croc.

I have a question for when sockets come out. How do Anti-Gloom sockets work w/ 2x HP captains. Do they complete negate the Gloom or do they activate after the Gloom goes into effect, still reducing the HP pool?

Kyou

I've been taking a break and casually farming story characters the last couple days

it' so nostalgic ;_; also I finally got Shura to drop

Majukun

Finally got the 3 gems from perona

now I don't know what to do tomorrow.. Maybe I'll just do Croco some more and keep the books for the skillup... or maybe farm something in story mode..

Also, we were waiting for doflamingo for the wb forest right? but he needs to be at max Lv and max skilled?

ElChado

Neo Member
I have a question for when sockets come out. How do Anti-Gloom sockets work w/ 2x HP captains. Do they complete negate the Gloom or do they activate after the Gloom goes into effect, still reducing the HP pool?

if i recall right, if you are gloom'd for 3 turns but have gloom sockets at level 3 for 3 turn gloom reduction, it removes it right away, so as it never existed.

Example you run a 2xhp lead, and get gloom'd, with gloom sockets of the proper level(1 for 1 turn 2 for 2 turns 3 for 3 turns) it doesnt affect you at all. Have 3 turn reduction and get hit for 1 2 or 3 turns of gloom? instantly removed. Have 2 turn reduction but get hit with 3 turn gloom? it goes down to 1 and then it affects you, and as such you lose any bonus hp from captain abilities.

It's why people say DON'T get gloom/silence sockets on blackbeard so you can reflect the hp you loss from the gloom/silence.

chrono01

What's Perona's max skill level? I think I'm only one away [she's currently at Skill Level 9 with a Turn 15 CD], and I'm really getting tired of farming for more copies given how useless the rest of the skillbooks are. I might just try my luck and finish skilling her up...

Majukun

What's Perona's max skill level? I think I'm only one away [she's currently at Skill Level 9 with a Turn 15 CD], and I'm really getting tired of farming for more copies given how useless the rest of the skillbooks are. I might just try my luck and finish skilling her up...
yep, max cd for her is 14

chrono01

yep, max cd for her is 14
Perfect, thanks.

I have 12 copies of her that I'll save for a skill-up event then. I'd like to think that would be enough for my final skill-up. :/

I'd farm more, but I haven't gotten the rare encounter in Croc's dungeon yet...

Edit: Never mind, got the rare encounter now. Might return to Perona and farm some more copies, my luck with that final skill-up has been pretty poor in the past...

tumblr_mdpqz8ATTU1r1guxq.gif

Managed with Gear 3 Captains, GP Usopp, Arlong and two daimyo turtles T__T this one took the piss. Time to farm Perona before she goes away, should really be hunting for story Enel and Mr 1 (for slasher team) but they won't drop ;__;

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Bah... I'd rather a QCK Sugo if I went fishing for Boa. Even if she's a fighter, I don't know if she's rated up. Coupled with it's clear we're getting two Sugos a month now, ie. one with every color rate up. These have all really just been filler Sugos too, we need a new batch of units. Also, keep in mind the one year anniversary for the game should be next month.

This is definitely going to be a Hatchi-fest. Resist the urge, people!

Actually both forms of Hachi are slashers for some reason. But you know who is else is a fighter?

stJu50k.png

In other news, why is Chess/Kuromarimo such a rare drop? I got a stamina refill off a snail and wasted a full bar just trying to get one of them since their book is back for the Kimono isle. It's probably a better option to just wait for the Wapol fortnight a year from now where they're droppable at this point.

chrono01

Actually both forms of Hachi are slashers for some reason. But you know who is else is a fighter?

stJu50k.png

In other news, why is Chess/Kuromarimo such a rare drop? I got a stamina refill off a snail and wasted a full bar just trying to get one of them since their book is back for the Kimono isle. It's probably a better option to just wait for the Wapol fortnight a year from now where they're droppable at this point.
Oh weird, could have sworn he was a Fighter. But then, he does have blades. That Coby, though...

Majukun

might pass on this sugo too... although I lack many important DEX. characters like law, I have 7 of the 12 boosted characters.. the possibility of getting dupes is really high...

RalchAC

Damn, looking at the Sugofest list, I don't know what to do.

To be completely honest, I own most of the good units available there (Jozu, Marco and Jimbei). But I don't have Gear 3rd and Nico Robin...

So I made a team with the new Doffy. Seems pretty OP. Any ideas on ways to improve? I would replace Buggy (Or Whitey if they're immune to delay) with someone like Trebol or Lao G if I had them, but sadly I do not.

https://optc.github.io/damage/#/tra...99,645:99,599:99C13,10B0D0E1364Q0L0G0R26S100H

Also, how do we know Global is getting Sengoku buff? I mean we knew it was coming, but how do you know when?

I find a problem with using Doffy as captains... You will only get 4 matching orbs instead of 6. It's not that bad (the bottom row can have Usopp and a self olb manipulator)

Have you seen Trebol? He looks quite good too. 2.25x ATK bonus to both Knowledge and Ambition, Meat and TND orbs work as matching orbs for those 2 classes.

Top Bottom