• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Why would you use DJ Sanji on Mihawk?

To clear stage 4 with his special. That way, you can carry matching orbs into the Mihawk fight and get things moving quicker. Otherwise, stage 4 is designed to randomize all of your orbs since you'll need every team member to attack to clear the stage in one go.

bjork

To clear stage 4 with his special. That way, you can carry matching orbs into the Mihawk fight and get things moving quicker. Otherwise, stage 4 is designed to randomize all of your orbs since you'll need every team member to attack to clear the stage in one go.

Seems like a waste of a useful character space, all for the sake of possibly having one turn of matching orbs. Different strokes, I guess.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Seems like a waste of a useful character space, all for the sake of possibly having one turn of matching orbs. Different strokes, I guess.

You have to stall a moderate amount anyway for GPU even with Max special. That's a good opportunity to hunt for orbs.

Keep in mind that with G3 all your damage is coming from your final three STR characters so you're not really sacrificing much of anything. I run DJ Sanji and basically one shot Mihawk at the end.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
What I do is get matching orbs on the turtle while stalling for GPU and sanji's specials.

Then I take out stage 4 with sanji, and one shot Mihawk with the matching orb STR characters.

Farming Mihawk was a cake walk with this team:

LbeGDa0.png

Can be done in 8 turns (with the 2 pre-emptives). Farmed orbs on the first 3 waves, used Dog penguin to clear the Sea Horse stage, and killed Mihawk in one turn. I used Inupe over DJ Sanji because his cooldown is lower (not that it really mattered) but mostly because I hate Sanji's attack animation when trying to hit perfects with a G3 team. And I brought GP Usopp for his orbs socket and as a safety net if needed. Probably the most painless time I've had socketting anything in this game.

Speaking of pain, in case anyone is curious what the title you get for clearing Moria 50 times, it's "Special Zombie."

::weeps::

LaNaranja

I have been playing for about a week now and am having a lot of fun with this. A few questions though.

1. If I feed a prior evolution of a character to an evolved character, does their cool down go down? For example, if I feed a vanilla Usopp to my Gold Pound Usopp, would the cool down reduce or would I need to feed him another Gold Pound Usopp for it to have any effect?

2. Is there any trick to fixing the ship or is it really just dumb luck? I wasted 15 bottles of cola in a row on the Going Merry and it didn't do shit.​

These are the people I have so far (I am stuck on the Alvida mission). I also clearly made a mistake with Zorros evolution as I wanted to take him to his third form and now it is going to take longer. :(

bjork

I have been playing for about a week now and am having a lot of fun with this. A few questions though.

1. If I feed a prior evolution of a character to an evolved character, does their cool down go down? For example, if I feed a vanilla Usopp to my Gold Pound Usopp, would the cool down reduce or would I need to feed him another Gold Pound Usopp for it to have any effect?

2. Is there any trick to fixing the ship or is it really just dumb luck? I wasted 15 bottles of cola in a row on the Going Merry and it didn't do shit.​

These are the people I have so far (I am stuck on the Alvida mission). I also clearly made a mistake with Zorros evolution as I wanted to take him to his third form and now it is going to take longer. :(

Make sure when you post screengrabs of your box, you edit out your name/p-lvl/beli... basically that whole top strip. People can use that to steal accounts. I don't think any thread regulars are that way, but maybe some lurker would be.

I'll answer #2 first, since #1's answer is involved: the ship upgrades are totally up to RNG, so while it's technically possible that you could have success on every ship upgrade attempt, that generally doesn't happen. I want to say I fed over 500 cola before my Merry was finished. Others had better luck, or worse. It's a crapshoot and I don't think there's ever been a rate up for it.

Now, for #1: Let's use GP Usopp as the example.

If the special doesn't have the same name, it won't work. So a base Usopp can skill up another base Usopp, but not GP Usopp. There are a few characters that have the same special (I want to say Johnny and Gaimon have the same special) and in those specific cases, you can feed completely different characters and skill them up that way. But the best way to max a character's special is with the skill books from fortnights. So in the case of GP Usopp, I believe his books show up on the 30-stamina version of the Captain Kuro fortnight, which returns soon. But the books are like ship upgrades, and it isn't a guarantee of 1 skill up per skillbook. Sometimes you can feed 20 and get nothing aside from the associated 5000 EXP that skillbooks have.

But what you CAN get from feeding a base Usopp to a GP Usopp, is a socket. The sockets give your characters little benefits in battle. There's a good guide here: http://optc-guide.com/2015/09/27/sockets-guide-what-slots-to-choose-reasoning-and-more/

What is the team you're running?

Just as I found out the other day you should crop your names, beli count, player level etc out of screenshots or it can be used to steal your account. I'd remove them from your post personally. Also isn't the star to signify their special is maxed? Or is it just a favorite key? I've never actually seen even in my FL until now.

Also, I gotta ask a sec, people actually use the Luffy card? Mine has been sitting at level 10 since pretty much the week I started playing since I assumed he was trash tier. His perfect requirement turned me away first due to the need to never slip up, but he also doesn't stack with anyone on my team at all other that STR captains, of which I only have one with a 2x boost. Is he actually worth levelling and using? I was under the impression that only LL was worth using but it seems like he might be worth the time if I had the right units?

bjork

Just as I found out the other day you should crop your names, beli count, player level etc out of screenshots or it can be used to steal your account. I'd remove them from your post personally. Also isn't the star to signify their special is maxed? Or is it just a favorite key? I've never actually seen even in my FL until now.

Also, I gotta ask a sec, people actually use the Luffy card? Mine has been sitting at level 10 since pretty much the week I started playing since I assumed he was trash tier. His perfect requirement turned me away first due to the need to never slip up, but he also doesn't stack with anyone on my team at all other that STR captains, of which I only have one with a 2x boost. Is he actually worth levelling and using? I was under the impression that only LL was worth using but it seems like he might be worth the time if I had the right units?

A star means you've favorited that character, so you won't sell it or use it to feed on accident.

Base Luffy can be turned into Gear 2, which is outclassed by other captains but is still a decent sub for the right team. An all-STR team, or he fits well in a Sengoku team, and other niche uses. Then if you pull a Balloon Luffy, he can be turned into G3, which sees much more use due to his captain ability. I saw a ton of them during the Mihawk raid on my FL.

A star means you've favorited that character, so you won't sell it or use it to feed on accident.

Base Luffy can be turned into Gear 2, which is outclassed by other captains but is still a decent sub for the right team. An all-STR team, or he fits well in a Sengoku team, and other niche uses. Then if you pull a Balloon Luffy, he can be turned into G3, which sees much more use due to his captain ability. I saw a ton of them during the Mihawk raid on my FL.

Ah I was getting mixed up between the Luffy characters then. Seems I must have fed my base ones to a G3 that I haven't bothered doing much with and never noticed had a better captain ability. I also have some other odd one with a tiger that seems to be from an event that I guess may as well be fed to him. Unfortunately that gives me 3 characters at high priority to max out now.

bjork

Ah I was getting mixed up between the Luffy characters then. Seems I must have fed my base ones to a G3 that I haven't bothered doing much with and never noticed had a better captain ability. I also have some other odd one with a tiger that seems to be from an event that I guess may as well be fed to him. Unfortunately that gives me 3 characters at high priority to max out now.

That's from the Kimono Fortnight. His special is good for reducing bind, but he'd be used strictly as a sub, I think.

Snails sure have liked to give me money lately. I'm on level 9 of the Sunny, just one more to go...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

G3 is considered one of the best captains in the game, even in the Japanese meta. Arguably better than many legends. He's generally trumped by LL, but there are instances where G3 wins out, specifically with combo shields.

To add to what bjork said, the easy way to tell if a character will give you chance at a skill up is they will glow yellow on the selection screen. They just have to have the exact same special. If the two characters have the same effect, but different named specials (such as Fine Tempo Nami and Happiness Punch Nami) then it will not give a chance of a special up.​

bjork

So I started playing Stardew Valley today. A lady wanted to give me a dog, and when I let the game randomize the dog's name, it picked Ka-Ka.

I like this game.

Quick question regarding Vivi and slots. Is the way I'm expecting recovery boost to work accurate? As in 5 slots of it and she can recover multiple thousands of hp at the end of each turn? I guess that's how you make her capable as a zombie team for certain stages?

If I'm right, I really wish I had the one with less RCV but 7x heal at the end of the round.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Quick question regarding Vivi and slots. Is the way I'm expecting recovery boost to work accurate? As in 5 slots of it and she can recover multiple thousands of hp at the end of each turn? I guess that's how you make her capable as a zombie team for certain stages?

If I'm right, I really wish I had the one with less RCV but 7x heal at the end of the round.

Vivi's maximum RCV is 477 at level 99, not including cotton candy. She recovers 5X that amount, or 2385. The way you make her capable for zombie teams is just to make sure your entire team has no more than double (or if you're using evolved Pell, triple) total HP that Vivi can recover per turn. You don't need slots to make this work.

Autoheal slots work independently from Vivi's Captain Ability and RCV. They're not really related at all. If a team has a total of 5 Autoheal slots, that just means you get 100 additional HP heal per turn, regardless of whether you have Vivi or Enel. At level 5, which would be 24 slots total on your team, you'd get 1000 HP per turn.

The reason why zombie teams aren't used for farming is because it takes way too long to tank through a raid boss. People just use them to guarantee one copy at low levels. With Vivi/Laboon as captains, your damage will be pathetic, so you're really just staying alive while you whittle down a raid boss. This can take over 30 minutes to an hour, depending on your team. They also don't work for any raids other than Mihawk, Monster Chopper, and Garp on global.

The 7X healer you're talking about is Valentine Vivi. The difference is pretty negligible in the context of zombie teams, since zombie teams will always be inherently weak. If you're farming Mihawk reliably and have Legends, you really don't need to mess around with zombie teams anymore. They're basically a last resort for players to pick up single copies of raid bosses.

I got both my Moria drops within 2 turns of each other. Granted it took over 50 some runs to get there but I finally got them. And now to never step foot in Thriller Bark part 1 ever again (or until they put out missions for it 3 years from now).

Vivi's maximum RCV is 477 at level 99, not including cotton candy. She recovers 5X that amount, or 2385. The way you make her capable for zombie teams is just to make sure your entire team has no more than double (or if you're using evolved Pell, triple) total HP that Vivi can recover per turn. You don't need slots to make this work.

Autoheal slots work independently from Vivi's Captain Ability and RCV. They're not really related at all. If a team has a total of 5 Autoheal slots, that just means you get 100 additional HP heal per turn, regardless of whether you have Vivi or Enel. At level 5, which would be 24 slots total on your team, you'd get 1000 HP per turn.

The reason why zombie teams aren't used for farming is because it takes way too long to tank through a raid boss. People just use them to guarantee one copy at low levels. With Vivi/Laboon as captains, your damage will be pathetic, so you're really just staying alive while you whittle down a raid boss. This can take over 30 minutes to an hour, depending on your team. They also don't work for any raids other than Mihawk, Monster Chopper, and Garp on global.

The 7X healer you're talking about is Valentine Vivi. The difference is pretty negligible in the context of zombie teams, since zombie teams will always be inherently weak. If you're farming Mihawk reliably and have Legends, you really don't need to mess around with zombie teams anymore. They're basically a last resort for players to pick up single copies of raid bosses.

Thanks. Yeah I was only really leveling her up just in case I can't beat the chopper or garp raid. I'm still missing those two so she may come in handy, though I doubt I'll need her for Garp with an INTHawk but MC is another case looking at my QCK options. The slot I'm boosting however isn't the auto-heal but one called RCV boost. It claims to raise the crews RCV stat by 1000 at lv5 and I was wondering if that stacks with Vivi's captain ability making it 1477. I figured you could probably break about 7k hp recovery if it does, even if she is pretty useless for most stuff at this point.

GaimeGuy

Can't use Inthawk's special against combo shields (IE - Moria) without Legend Law's special, right?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Thanks. Yeah I was only really leveling her up just in case I can't beat the chopper or garp raid. I'm still missing those two so she may come in handy, though I doubt I'll need her for Garp with an INTHawk but MC is another case looking at my QCK options. The slot I'm boosting however isn't the auto-heal but one called RCV boost. It claims to raise the crews RCV stat by 1000 at lv5 and I was wondering if that stacks with Vivi's captain ability making it 1477. I figured you could probably break about 7k hp recovery if it does, even if she is pretty useless for most stuff at this point.

I'm not 100% certain, but I believe the RCV slot boost really only applies to team as a whole. The Captain effect for Vivi only applies to her own personal RCV stat.

Majukun

confirmed that the suo is gonna be 4* and over only...and now i'm tempted..yes there are shitty 4 star in the pool too...but it still means that the total pool is way smaller..after what i've saw of the anniversary sugo in japan that had a similiar thing (albeit with many good units with a rate up,legends included), i can say it's a big advantage

bjork

These two.

veW15tZ.png

ehTgLyp.png

For the first team, I would keep plugging away at leveling that Buggy as once he's evolved, he grants a bigger boost to your INT characters. You'll pick up characters to replace him, but I used him a lot initially too.

For the second team, the downside is that Luffy's captain power doesn't benefit the other characters, since they're different colors. If you can run the Sadie fortnight that's up right now, you might get her to drop, and her captain ability is similar to G3 Luffy, where you need to hit 3 perfects and then the rest get boosted. Her boost isn't as strong as G3, but it will let you run a rainbow team with everyone getting a benefit from the captain.

Another option:
Mihawk (friend captain)/Inazuma
Buggy/Zoro
GP Usopp/Koza

Inazuma/s boost isn't exceptional, but will boost everyone except Usopp, and Mihawk is always a beast as well.

confirmed that the suo is gonna be 4* and over only...and now i'm tempted..yes there are shitty 4 star in the pool too...but it still means that the total pool is way smaller..after what i've saw of the anniversary sugo in japan that had a similiar thing (albeit with many good units with a rate up,legends included), i can say it's a big advantage

This is your time to shine, maju. Sure, some will say this just means more Kayas and more Crocus and more Nojikos, but you're due, man. You're overdue, and I will cross my fingers for you.

I've been testing inthawk friends out a bit now that I have my own inthawk.

Really has amazing potential for damage on a team with any kind of burst potential. (which is easily created with slashers thanks to doffy.)

I've been testing inthawk friends out a bit now that I have my own inthawk.

Really has amazing potential for damage on a team with any kind of burst potential. (which is easily created with slashers thanks to doffy.)

Yeah I've even heard some interesting strategy for one of the raids where they come back with half hp on defeat. Apparently with the right burst and INTHawks you can take out that regenerated bar instantly.

Yeah I've even heard some interesting strategy for one of the raids where they come back with half hp on defeat. Apparently with the right burst and INTHawks you can take out that regenerated bar instantly.

Yeah he seems designed to give burst overkill teams a ridiculously strong second wind, in a way he's the opposite of raidhawk who's easily "best" against unscathed enemies.

Enemies that have a guaranteed heal/escape are a bit of a nightmare for raidhawk but would be absolute sharkmeat for Inthawk's special. I do wonder what raid bosses in particular fit that though.

GaimeGuy

Also, you know how there's the combo shield mechanic which blocks inthawk's special?

There is a recently released Legend Law in japan, a psy slasher/free spirit character. His special allows other characters' specials to bypass defensive barriers. So combo shields don't fuck over inthawk's special. Immunity buffs by raid bosses suddenly can be bypassed with GPU. Etc.

Legend Law and Inthawk are going to be amazing together.

bjork

Been away almost all day, working on an old car. Now it's time to run Vivi until I either fully socket Log Vivi or pass out, whichever happens first.

GaimeGuy

Been away almost all day, working on an old car. Now it's time to run Vivi until I either fully socket Log Vivi or pass out, whichever happens first.

Kidn of a late reply, but I wouldn't rush - vivi is a rather niche unit. Also, you can socket her with karoo copies.

BOX SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

RIP 40 gems.

mileS

The ultimate troll would be this new Zephyr having an average to bad special and captain ability, and it be the only one that comes to global shortly after.

GaimeGuy

I know what he does, and he is overhyped. Damage isn't everything - if you want damage Croc is better. And the condition to hit 5 prefects is too restrictive. Why isn't legend Doffy the best legend in Jp? No restrictions, just hit prefects.

How is he overhyped?

He boosts two classes.

He does at least neutral damage to everything.

He has 5 sockets

He has a 6 hit combo.

With all 6 characters having attack of 1000 and assuming optimal chaining and boosting, 2x Law does 110% the damage of an equivalent 2x log luffy team.

His special allows you to bypass all defensive barriers and protections.

even if you can't hit all perfects, as long as you can hit 3, you will do better damage than Inthawk. And they complement each other well if you use one as your captain and one as a friend captain.

this isn't even going into his utility as a free spirit

bjork

800 spaces. How long before people start posting about how they don't have any space? I give it under two weeks.

Voices are a cool thing I guess, but I play with the sound off, so idk

Majukun

ended up already spending the first 20 gems for the +100 storage...i will probably just use another 20 and be done with it,so i might not have the gems for this sugo..maybe just for 2 or 3 pulls if i feel lucky (probably not)

Top Bottom