• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

linkent

Bartolomeo: A straight up 2.75 boost without penalty *if* all your characters are strikers?
Probably the only penalty here is that it excludes godsopp .. but a lot of raid bosses have a delay shield so..

http://optc-db.github.io/characters/#/view/661
Usopp Voyage Dream: Brave Sea Warrior
Striker
Delays all enemies for 2 turns, reduces the defense of all enemies by 50% for 2 turns
Cooldown 13 turns → 10 turns

God always exist.
Checkmate atheist. :p

mileS

Playing around making teams for Mihawk and I didn't notice until now that Alvida is my only 20 or under Str character leveled. I need to work on that in the future. It seems like your options aren't very good there in general (str 20 or under) Wanted to run Sengoku but I guess I'll try Rayleigh. Have better str characters there.

Well this was unexpected. Apparently I can beat Doffy and Enel but Mihawk shreds me. Guessing that might not have been the case was I ware of all that pre-fight binding.

Edit: Cheeky damn INT unit bound GPU on the second go too. Guess I should consider a unit specifically for taking them out but I don't think I have anything that will charge in time. Oh well at least I got the drop that time.

RedBoot

Calgara and Noland next week, as expected. Looks like we'll be sticking to the schedule for now. This is a real solid fortnight, Calgara has crazy good stats and is a serviceable Free Spirit attack booster (and if you haven't pulled Iva or Sabo, he'll be your Free Spirit captain for the time being) and Noland's an orb booster for INT, assuming you don't have Log Nami.

SW Nami and Chopper books get replaced by Whitey Bay and Oars Jr. I have both of them, so I'll be farming this one a lot (was gonna do that anyway).

I don't have Oars Jr. yet but his special seems kinda tough to use with it's already high minimum CD of 18 after 7 skill ups so I'm not even sure it's worth saving the books. Whitebay on the the other hand is pretty dope.

While we're on the topics of the skill books, I've been hoarding certain ones for a bit and with the Mihawk raid hoard beginning space is becoming an issue and I'm not quite ready to sink gems on it again yet. So does anyone know when the next double rate event is? I really need to offload some of this stuff soon and I couldn't find any mentions in the notifications.

I adjusted my team. I use Mr. 3 to delay the 4th stage. Helps quite a bit for me because i can miss or screw up without any worry.

I think I might try the same. I want to keep GPU's special to bind Mihawk but having Mr 3 there to pop one to take them out could help a great deal. Those guys can be a bit of a pain if your unit has a low light attack and miss. Of course my luck dictates it will be a unit who binds either GPU or my captain/s. It's these little moments I wish I could pre-plan my target order since I can't switch on the fly without messing up.

mileS

Well this was unexpected. Apparently I can beat Doffy and Enel but Mihawk shreds me. Guessing that might not have been the case was I ware of all that pre-fight binding.

Edit: Cheeky damn INT unit bound GPU on the second go too. Guess I should consider a unit specifically for taking them out but I don't think I have anything that will charge in time. Oh well at least I got the drop that time.

I adjusted my team. I use Mr. 3 to delay the 4th stage. Helps quite a bit for me because i can miss or screw up without any worry.

-up to 17 copies already. Think I am going to go all out. The xp, turtles, and beli are worth it. I have to finish sockets on INThawk as well. Don't feel like waiting on this raid again, want it all done today.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Did they murder the koza drop rate with today's update? I've gone through 2 stamina bars today, 0 drops.

Due to their high defense, hits do 1 HP per hit, so all that needs to be done for wave 4 is to attack the Elder Seahorse w/ GPU and you are good to go. IIRC, that has 6 HP while the rest all have 4 HP. Just let all of your attacks miss so that you don't risk messing up by hitting a great instead of a perfect.

mileS

Going to take a break at 30 copies. Will get another 40 later today and sit on that until a skill up event. If it ends up being overkill I need INThawk sockets so its all good.

linkent

Iirc, it is impossible to screw up on that 4th stage of mihawk 40sta right?
If your team have usopp, just miss attk on with him on seahorse, and miss attack all the other 5.
Unless you are saying it is 30stamina where the other mobs have 5hp instead of 4hp.

bonkeng

Gold or better, no silver!

2016-06-0218_09_32-20g7kld.png

Is this next week? I can't see it on my notice board.

Majukun

so..do bomb orbs get changed by skills like garp's?
because i'm thinking about using a garp psy burst team for calgara and noland...a normal double mihawk should be able to deal with the fortnight but i wanna have something to get rid of bomb orbs in case i get the difficult version of the stage boss

also,a bit uncertain about what to do next week..calgara and noland's fortnight looks really good and with a ton of good books,but to farm those i'll need to use all my gems to increase the storage,BUT we have the golden sugo approaching,that if it's really as people think it is (only 4,5 and 6 star characters), seems a really good sugo to pull
ALSO,i still need to complete the sockets on my slasherdile,so i should also run the returning croco fortnight

Tidd

I hope we get a new raid boss in the next two weeks. :( But I know that we'll get Monster Chopper and Heracles or Usopp'n

Playing around making teams for Mihawk and I didn't notice until now that Alvida is my only 20 or under Str character leveled. I need to work on that in the future. It seems like your options aren't very good there in general (str 20 or under) Wanted to run Sengoku but I guess I'll try Rayleigh. Have better str characters there.

Arlong.

Arrrrrlllllooooonnnnggggg

Majukun

what team are you guys using to farm moria?
i usally use a garp+ sw shanks team but i don't have any sw shanks in my friend list atm...

so i need a legendless team..i thought about a double slasher,but the constant nightmare damage and close to zero recovery makes me suspect it's not exactly an ideal team to use...does it work?

bjork

Due to their high defense, hits do 1 HP per hit, so all that needs to be done for wave 4 is to attack the Elder Seahorse w/ GPU and you are good to go. IIRC, that has 6 HP while the rest all have 4 HP. Just let all of your attacks miss so that you don't risk messing up by hitting a great instead of a perfect.

This was key for me in running Mihawk. I was stuck until I learned this, and then it became so much easier. Get to Mihawk, eat his pre-emptive, pop Usopp's special, and then G3 to victory.

Good luck to everybody running him today, I'm not going near it. Leaving my inthawk up for now, not sure what people are using, but I hope it helps. I was trying to swap them out occasionally at work overnight between G3/Mihawk/Sengoku.

This was key for me in running Mihawk. I was stuck until I learned this, and then it became so much easier. Get to Mihawk, eat his pre-emptive, pop Usopp's special, and then G3 to victory.

Good luck to everybody running him today, I'm not going near it. Leaving my inthawk up for now, not sure what people are using, but I hope it helps. I was trying to swap them out occasionally at work overnight between G3/Mihawk/Sengoku.

INThawk seems to work fine. I did a couple double INThawk runs on him too and got by. As long as you have an Arlong and GPU it works out since the damage is stacked so high that anything else is just a bonus. Never even bothered switching out from my rainbow team since I'm not going full hog with farming.

I'd actually love to and max out both hawks but I don't have the gems or space so I'll just grab what I can hold off natural stam and upgrade my box if I can fill it. One nice bonus is the turtles are helping boost my Doffy closer to evolving too.

That tip saved me so much trouble. In my desperation of trying to switch around units I was often hitting the seahorse with a low light attack unit and not clearing them all.

Tidd

I was forced to run G3 after all my MCs were gone and I'm glad I switched. I just run through it. I don't even use GPU.

So far I used 8gems which got me ~35 copies and I already maxed bind and despair. Auto-heal is at 3 and cooldown at 2. That's pretty good so far.

RedBoot

i usally use a garp+ sw shanks team but i don't have any sw shanks in my friend list atm...

so i need a legendless team..i thought about a double slasher,but the constant nightmare damage and close to zero recovery makes me suspect it's not exactly an ideal team to use...does it work?

I beat him with Mihawk/Mihawk, Arlong, Lucci, Vista and GP Usopp during my initial runs through the island, but just barely. Usopp isn't really useful here, so I'd drop him and add some PSY Slashers. If you have Shanks and Ryuma at high levels, they'd be a big help (too bad we're still a couple weeks off from T-Bone). A damage reducer like Mr. 1 might help, as would any attack-all specials (Shanks has one, at least). You basically want to be able to focus on Moria ASAP, so using specials might clear out some of the fodder for you. Might even want to go with the Sunny for that reason, it can one-shot any of the zombies (but not the armors).

It's certainly not ideal, but I'm sure there's a combo that works. Maybe try Mihawk/Mihawk with Shanks (I guess use Young Shanks if you don't have the RR), Ryuma, Asura Zoro (for fodder clearing special and breaking Moria's shield), and Arlong/Mr. 1?

bjork

I forget, do you have G3 available? If you go G3/G3 and you have GP Usopp and... anyone else, really, target Moria and use those two first, victory. I was using GP Usopp and Smoker, but that's in a Sengoku team so idk if you use Smoker or not. But I like his special, so he's in my squad. Striker Croc? You could poison him too.

bjork

Young or normal? Looks like Young has slightly less attack but a better special. Hard to decide.

If I were a newer player with access to both, I'd probably go young arlong for the slots and the special. In the pre-Mihawk days, you were a king if you had enraged Arlong. But nowadays, he's a solid sub with a good attack... he's just outclassed by his younger self, unless it's in the case of a ranking mission for dmg or something.

So while we're on the Mihawk topic, with a lack of space and gems what do people think would be the best way to go about this? Farm and use them as I go or grab a few and wait for a double rate event? Finally, I'm stuck on my last choice for my INTHawk. I'm seeing a lot of mentions of auto-heal, but I always figured orb match would be more beneficial?

If I were a newer player with access to both, I'd probably go young arlong for the slots and the special. In the pre-Mihawk days, you were a king if you had enraged Arlong. But nowadays, he's a solid sub with a good attack... he's just outclassed by his younger self, unless it's in the case of a ranking mission for dmg or something.

This was the time that I used to play. You can imagine the horror of my irrelevance upon returning. I still really like that version a lot too though. The special is nowhere as good but he still finds his way into my rainbow team when I'm not relying on specials at all.

bjork

Both are level 20 on their 3 star versions so yeah I have a choice.

I mean, both eventually. Both have fortnights that return, so you'll definitely be able to give them sockets and whatnot.

So while we're on the Mihawk topic, with a lack of space and gems what do people think would be the best way to go about this? Farm and use them as I go or grab a few and wait for a double rate event? Finally, I'm stuck on my last choice for my INTHawk. I'm seeing a lot of mentions of auto-heal, but I always figured orb match would be more beneficial?

This was the time that I used to play. You can imagine the horror of my irrelevance upon returning. I still really like that version a lot too though. The special is nowhere as good but he still finds his way into my rainbow team when I'm not relying on specials at all.

I put bind/despair/charge special/orb match on mine. Auto-heal makes sense since slashers have butt recovery, especially with the coffin ship. But orb boost on one guy seems really useful, where you need autoheal at at least 16 total to be of any real use, with 24 being ideal. Maybe there's some awesome autoheal slasher team build that I've never seen, but it seems like slasher teams are about wrecking stuff before it hits you first, so.

And yeah, good old Arlong is in most of my teams. He's an old friend at this point. :)

RedBoot

Original Arlong is still in my Top 5 most used characters, easily. That Attack stat isn't going to be obsolete any time soon. Plus, the teams I use most are Slashers and Sengoku, and he fits right into both of those.

Haven't done much with Young Arlong yet (waitin' on that special up event) but long-term, I suspect I'll use Arlong for rainbow slasher teams and Young Arlong for STR-focused teams. You also need Wapol for Young Arlong to really shine.

Lol my legendary Mihawk sockets are going so badly.

nearly got defence and recovery up maxed because I straight up haven't gotten a single one of the sockets I need for 2 slots..

MiTYH

Lol my legendary Mihawk sockets are going so badly.

nearly got defence and recovery up maxed because I straight up haven't gotten a single one of the sockets I need for 2 slots..

Such is life with sockets. I spent a good number of gems last two raids because I wanted a good maxed INThawk. Finally got him, now I'm just natural stamina-ing Mihawks to get one last socket. Then... I guess work on a second one with different sockets?

The grind never ends.

Such is life with sockets. I spent a good number of gems last two raids because I wanted a good maxed INThawk. Finally got him, now I'm just natural stamina-ing Mihawks to get one last socket. Then... I guess work on a second one with different sockets?

The grind never ends.

I'm not gonna bother gemming for sockets for now, as much as I'd like a fully socketed inthawk it's not essential for me to clear any content atm (as I have log luffy for most of the dirty work) and I generally take raids kinda slowly.

bjork

I'm not gonna bother gemming for sockets for now, as much as I'd like a fully socketed inthawk it's not essential for me to clear any content atm (as I have log luffy for most of the dirty work) and I generally take raids kinda slowly.

It took me somewhere between 6-8 hours of nonstop runs to get him fully done. I don't know how dudes can play like that every day, I felt sick and really sore when that was over.

GaimeGuy

It took me somewhere between 6-8 hours of nonstop runs to get him fully done. I don't know how dudes can play like that every day, I felt sick and really sore when that was over.

Mihawk is actually probably the easiest legend to socket because his drops are guaranteed, he has the easiest raid, and it's only 40 stamina.

bjork

Mihawk is actually probably the easiest legend to socket because his drops are guaranteed, he has the easiest raid, and it's only 40 stamina.

Right, so I'm saying fuck that when it comes to sockets. It's nice to have but totally not worth doing on one run. My other raid dudes aren't even remotely close and that's ok. They come around enough to let me justify taking it easy.

I'm old now, Gaime. I have grey stripes in my hair and shit.

Max'ed IntHawk sockets... took about 45 copies. However, it was pretty painless since Sengoku runs are under 2 mins -- zero stalling needed with a max GPU.

I'll take it slow, because I already got a max socket Log Luffy that helps me tackle a lot of high end content + giving me the sockets required for those situations.

right now I'm 1/1/1/0 for Inthawk though. can't complain about getting 3 proper sockets in a day without any gems.

GaimeGuy

I'll take it slow, because I already got a max socket Log Luffy that helps me tackle a lot of high end content + giving me the sockets required for those situations.

right now I'm 1/1/1/0 for Inthawk though. can't complain about getting 3 proper sockets in a day without any gems.
You have log luffy and inthawk. GG.

mileS

Did a little test on skill ups with Ashura Zoro. 2 for 27... yeah I'ma save these Mihawks and Sengoku books lol.

koryuken

Did a little test on skill ups with Ashura Zoro. 2 for 27... yeah I'ma save these Mihawks and Sengoku books lol.

People have said that the skillup rate is 12% regularly and 25% during 2X Skillup event. No way am I feeding these Sengoku books until an event lol.

Well Mihawk raiding didn't go too great for me. Without the box space I had to devour them as I went and I came away with just 2 slots of bind resist and no special bonus. Oh well, at least I have him in my deck now. There's definitely a certain satisfaction to collecting all these raid cards in one big run (until I hit the wall). I just kinda regret putting them into him now since on INTHawk I'd have got 2 lock, 2 despair, 1cd and 2 orb matching slots. The bane of RaidHawk being a single slot character.

Hopefully next time it rolls around I'll have a maxed out Monster Chopper so I can swap out to STR based builds when I run out of slasher friend captains to use. It's just going to be a rough ride balancing stam while I collect all these raid captains, try to slot some, max their levels, collect subs and skill books, cleanup missing story subs like Croc and levelling them. It's nice having all this content and new characters right within grasp, but I'm really feeling pretty held back for dropping it for so long now the units are stacking up.

GaimeGuy

Well Mihawk raiding didn't go too great for me. Without the box space I had to devour them as I went and I came away with just 2 slots of bind resist and no special bonus. Oh well, at least I have him in my deck now. There's definitely a certain satisfaction to collecting all these raid cards in one big run (until I hit the wall). I just kinda regret putting them into him now since on INTHawk I'd have got 2 lock, 2 despair, 1cd and 2 orb matching slots. The bane of RaidHawk being a single slot character.

Hopefully next time it rolls around I'll have a maxed out Monster Chopper so I can swap out to STR based builds when I run out of slasher friend captains to use. It's just going to be a rough ride balancing stam while I collect all these raid captains, try to slot some, max their levels, collect subs and skill books, cleanup missing story subs like Croc and levelling them. It's nice having all this content and new characters right within grasp, but I'm really feeling pretty held back for dropping it for so long now the units are stacking up.

You don't need monster chopper.
Double Kid, Blamenco, GPU, Coby, DJ Sanji
G3, G3, any str beatstick, Coby, DJ Sanji, GPU.

Etc.

You probably don't even really need Coby.

As long as you have DJ Sanji and GPU you're good.

DrAg0nBoY

Because I have not played for so long my friend list is kinda small. Anyone from GAF wanna add me: 022323874

Don't know if there is a google docs or not for that stuff.

mileS

Ended up with 80 copies of Mihawk. Going to save them. Had some amazing luck first sand-sand band after the raid. 2 sengoku books in one run! Sitting on 20 books now. I think I'm going to use my last 15 gems on farming more. Going to be pretty harsh compared to the constant reward of Mihawk I had going. I was near broke constantly before it. Plvl boost and turtles were also well worth the gems.

Part of me wants to save my gems for the double xp fortnights but I believe thats the last day for sand-sand. Don't want to wait until then and have something come up or a busy day unable to make the most out of it.

bjork

You don't need monster chopper.
Double Kid, Blamenco, GPU, Coby, DJ Sanji
G3, G3, any str beatstick, Coby, DJ Sanji, GPU.

Etc.

You probably don't even really need Coby.

As long as you have DJ Sanji and GPU you're good.

Why would you use DJ Sanji on Mihawk?

Part of me wants to save my gems for the double xp fortnights but I believe thats the last day for sand-sand. Don't want to wait until then and have something come up or a busy day unable to make the most out of it.

The last day is usually abysmal for drop rates, so I wouldn't sweat the timing if you finish what you're doing early.

Top Bottom