• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

RedBoot

Got Tamaran to drop, so unless I want to get a second Moria already, I'm done with this island.

Now I just need to get 3 Purple Pirate Penguins, for Story Moria, RR Moria, and Jabura. Penguin Island actually seems terrible for this, might just wait til Friday and farm Broggy's stage, since penguins drop there pretty frequently.

RedBoot

Whatever do you mean? *three runs on penguin island* *one penguin, four fodder units*

I honestly think the drops rates have gotten worse there. I was running Sea Pony yesterday and was usually only getting 1-2 units per run. I used to get a drop on almost every level (usually something on each of the first four, and maybe something on the fifth).

They increased the drop rates on the evolver islands at some point. It feels like that increase is gone.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
one more socket point in koza...

At that point, I will have the following sockets on my inthawk, slasherdile, and koza:

Level 1 Bind
Level 1 Despair
Level 1 CD
Level 1 orbs.
15 auto-heal points.

If that isn't a flexible foundation, I don't know what is. '-'

Aww, lucypirates quit?

untitledgslie.png

Haven't been playing much (or at all, really) lately myself. And I probably won't have the time for it for the rest of this month either, what with this paper I have to finish.

I guess Thriller Bark will have to wait.

Majukun

Last days I didn't get any Koza sockets. Still 4/10. Oh well...

i'm stuck at 3/2
sad thing is that if i 'd stuck with lock sockets (which aren't bad anyway,but i already have on mihawk,doflamingo and crocodile),i would have been on 4/3

now i really don't know if i should farm moria or get koza's sockets and doma's skillbook

how's everyone's moria farming going?so that i know if it's another crocodile that i'll never get in my mortal life

Wasn't Mihawk supposed to start today?

Timing is confusing. It's PST so for Europe they basically mean a day later. Global may as well be called US since the dates are a day out.

Questions regarding Thriller Bark. Firstly is Ryuma recruitable? Is he the same card he was from before or a different card and is he worth it? What the hell is up with Spider Monkey anyway? That's no proper boss but they sure buffed him like one! Increasing locks, 50 lock a random character at start and has sky high defense?! It's all a bit much for such a joke character.

Majukun

Timing is confusing. It's PST so for Europe they basically mean a day later. Global may as well be called US since the dates are a day out.

Questions regarding Thriller Bark. Firstly is Ryuma recruitable? Is he the same card he was from before or a different card and is he worth it? What the hell is up with Spider Monkey anyway? That's no proper boss but they sure buffed him like one! Increasing locks, 50 lock a random character at start and has sky high defense?! It's all a bit much for such a joke character.

eyuma is farmable but you better just wait for brook'ws fortnight to come back,since ryuma is the secret boss there

as per the spider monekey,i don't know i oneshotted him if i remember corretcly

eyuma is farmable but you better just wait for brook'ws fortnight to come back,since ryuma is the secret boss there

as per the spider monekey,i don't know i oneshotted him if i remember corretcly

Wow! That's insane! I'm taking on these missions with a maxed out INTHawk and various legendary/raid friend captains, generally with a damage a buff of 5x or more and so much stuff is tanking my hits to insane levels. I could usually crack close to 100k per hit from this team but here I'm barely breaking that per round. It's not a major issue, he was beaten but I just feel some of the difficulty for this is unreasonable. I'm actually not even sure how I'd begin to think of tackling this without legends and raid characters.

bjork

Didn't get to play at work tonight because I was tied up with an event in Crows X Worst V, but now it's time to get back to farming for Sengoku books. I have a whopping three so far!

MiTYH

Didn't get to play at work tonight because I was tied up with an event in Crows X Worst V, but now it's time to get back to farming for Sengoku books. I have a whopping three so far!

Gotta say I feel bad for people grinding for Legend books (it'll be me soon enough when Lucci/Mihawk come to global), but I've found Sengoku to be dropping like flies. I save all Legend books, and already have 6 from natural stamina, compared to my 7 Rayleigh (about 2-3 each time he comes back) and 3 Whitebeard, and 0 Boa.

bjork

Gotta say I feel bad for people grinding for Legend books (it'll be me soon enough when Lucci/Mihawk come to global), but I've found Sengoku to be dropping like flies. I save all Legend books, and already have 6 from natural stamina, compared to my 7 Rayleigh (about 2-3 each time he comes back) and 3 Whitebeard, and 0 Boa.

I had a few before, but I fed them all for 0 skill ups. I like his special for the boost, but I'm so used to not having it that if I don't make it, I guess that's ok. Some dude on reddit said he did 56 gems worth of runs for 32 books. That's just too far for me.

I got Kuro's ship from his island missions & decided to max it as I had plenty of cola.

Are there any particular teams it goes well with? The cooldown reduction's interesting, but kinda pointless on my most used Enel-teams, which can usually stall indefinitely.

Since there's been little content for me to particularly aim for this week I've just been farming that event for xp to boost my crew capacity. While I've been at it I've also managed to max out the kid and the old guy from the event, meanwhile I've only got a single Sengoku book from it. To top it off I've fed about 30 kid Vivi's to my main Vivi in hope of recovery boost slots for making an ultra strong zombie unit and from all of those I've had one recovery boost up and zero special ups. I can't be too bothered I guess since I'm just doing it for xp, but the RNG is so against me here too.

By the way has anyone got a good Kamacy strat or team? I thought I had it in the bag despite his high hp, but once he hit enrage he took me down at the last second. Should I have stalled for specials and a burst round? I didn't really think I'd need to go to that extent for him.

MiTYH

Since there's been little content for me to particularly aim for this week I've just been farming that event for xp to boost my crew capacity. While I've been at it I've also managed to max out the kid and the old guy from the event, meanwhile I've only got a single Sengoku book from it. To top it off I've fed about 30 kid Vivi's to my main Vivi in hope of recovery boost slots for making an ultra strong zombie unit and from all of those I've had one recovery boost up and zero special ups. I can't be too bothered I guess since I'm just doing it for xp, but the RNG is so against me here too.

By the way has anyone got a good Kamacy strat or team? I thought I had it in the bag despite his high hp, but once he hit enrage he took me down at the last second. Should I have stalled for specials and a burst round? I didn't really think I'd need to go to that extent for him.

Wait, are you trying to skill up Adult Vivi with a young Vivi? It won't work. Unless you mean the books, in which case, ouch, tough RNG

For Kamacy I just went in with my standard Rainbow INTHawk slasher team. Took care of him fast enough. If you're having issues I say stall, the level itself isn't too bad

Tidd

Well.....v1 Straw hats evolutions are also Gold....this makes it Even more Depressing when you get one of them >.<

I don't know if it is funny or sad that this is what everyone is thinking. xD

OKAY BIGGER NEWS: 2x Pirate exp on the extra island!!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
But it also looks like we'll get lots of new characters too with that sugo-fest.

Tidd

But it also looks like we'll get lots of new characters too with that sugo-fest.

And they are great!
  • Caesar as the 2.5x ambition captain + type booster
  • Baby 5 as a shooter/striker/slasher booster
  • Vergo is a good Kid replacement(2.5x for strikers)
  • Monet as a turn-delayer including condition boost.
  • Buffalo is meh, maybe good to get rid of combo shields

Personally I will wait for the first 3D2Y straw hat batch. Mainly because of Zoro (1.75x slasher booster) and for the first useful Sanji (2x powerhouse booster). Another reason is that I own most of the RR-only characters so if I wait a few batches I will have a higher change to pull new characters.

Wait, are you trying to skill up Adult Vivi with a young Vivi? It won't work. Unless you mean the books, in which case, ouch, tough RNG

For Kamacy I just went in with my standard Rainbow INTHawk slasher team. Took care of him fast enough. If you're having issues I say stall, the level itself isn't too bad

Mixing them both but yeah meant 30 books. Feeding her young Vivi's in hope of slots too and I've still only had a single recovery boost slot between those books and another 30 or more young vivi. Maybe I did something wrong on Kamacy then. It seemed like he was taking a long time to grind down and my team was INTHawk, Arlong, Brooke, Zoro and GPU with a Doffy friend. I figured the damage output would be a bit higher since all of them are at max or higher but it took about 8 rounds to grind his health down to enrage.

Tidd

If you're farming Sengoku books and you gem for them, wait till Tuesday to go all out! Reason is this:

You will get 11k exp instead of the normal 5,5k, allowing you to level up faster and get more stamina refills!

I wish Mihawk would return next week with the 2x exp :(

mileS

I had a few before, but I fed them all for 0 skill ups. I like his special for the boost, but I'm so used to not having it that if I don't make it, I guess that's ok. Some dude on reddit said he did 56 gems worth of runs for 32 books. That's just too far for me.

I missed a few days but on natural stam (and not that much, 87 or w/e) I have about 16. Feeling pretty good about that for not using gems. Some days I'm lucky to get 1, others I can get about 5 within 10min. I really want to step it up and start gemming to get more... but where I'm still fairly new I need to save for the Mihawk raid and box space. Thankfully there's a few more days left after the raid is over.

Speaking of Mihawk, how many copies on avg will I need to max him (if I save them for double skill up) I know RNG could end up screwing me and its hard to give a concrete answer. It would be nice to have a general idea from the people here that have experience with this.

If you're farming Sengoku books and you gem for them, wait till Tuesday to go all out! Reason is this:

You will get 11k exp instead of the normal 5,5k, allowing you to level up faster and get more stamina refills!

I wish Mihawk would return next week with the 2x exp :(
oh hey. This is awesome. So Tuesday is when that starts? that must be the last day for the fortnight as well I assume.

I missed a few days but on natural stam (and not that much, 87 or w/e) I have about 16. Feeling pretty good about that for not using gems. Some days I'm lucky to get 1, others I can get about 5 within 10min. I really want to step it up and start gemming to get more... but where I'm still fairly new I need to save for the Mihawk raid and box space. Thankfully there's a few more days left after the raid is over.

Speaking of Mihawk, how many copies on avg will I need to max him (if I save them for double skill up) I know RNG could end up screwing me and its hard to give a concrete answer. It would be nice to have a general idea from the people here that have experience with this.

oh hey. This is awesome. So Tuesday is when that starts? that must be the last day for the fortnight as well I assume.

It's a one in five chance so I think the rule of thumb is 50 of them. 100 without double rate. I honestly wouldn't worry about trying to max one out on a single day, especially if you're still early game. The stamina cost to acquire 50 of them is going to be sky high and if you're still pretty early in I'd actually save those gems for sugo RR and hope for legends or good subs. I'm kinda early game-ish due to stopping playing for a while and not having a number of raid cards and I still regularly pull cards from RR that will help my teams.

I've basically accepted it's going to take me a LONG time since I have two hawks to max out and one of them has 4 slots to fill. But he's still the fastest to max and a great unit. I just wouldn't worry too much about maxing him in a single run considering how many gems it would require with a the low amount of stam available at those levels. If you was getting a couple hundred stam per gem it wouldn't be so costly.

mileS

I'm 'new' @ 145days played, plvl 137 (so almost 90stam) I still consider that new but I dunno. Probably wouldn't make sense to anyone that doesn't play this game but to me thats how I feel. Takes a long time to level characters.

I've been really hardcore with this game lately. Anything less than a max Mihawk after this upcoming raid will simply not be acceptable to me. I don't mind using a lot of gems considering how important it is to have him maxed. I'll probably just end up farming enough to save for a double skill up.

MiTYH

Personally I will wait for the first 3D2Y straw hat batch. Mainly because of Zoro (1.75x slasher booster) and for the first useful Sanji (2x powerhouse booster). Another reason is that I own most of the RR-only characters so if I wait a few batches I will have a higher change to pull new characters.

I feel this way too. I'll probably still pull once just because, but... now we'll need gems for boxspace again. Personally, I need a Powerhouse up. My LegendLucci needs better teammates to make it work and it's all RNG

Kyou

Personally I would highly, highly recommend going hard on the Mihawk raid over Sugofesting. Max Mihawk opens up a ton of content

I say this as someone who waited till like day 300 to max his Mihawk

Personally I would highly, highly recommend going hard on the Mihawk raid over Sugofesting. Max Mihawk opens up a ton of content

I say this as someone who waited till like day 300 to max his Mihawk

That's true actually. I suppose it depends on what you have in your deck. I'm actually lower level at about 110 right now and though I'll be farming Mihawk myself too he's not really going to do THAT much for my current lineup outside of his special on a couple raid bosses, but that's only because I got lucky enough to pull an INTHawk and have a whole load of subs maxed for him ready. If I'd not pulled him in the rate up Sugo RaidHawk would probably be super high priority right now thinking about it.

The decision I'm stuck with is whether I should just farm Mihawk or grab one and start maxing my INTHawk instead. I'd assumed before that the raid version may be best but I've noticed a lot of people consider INTHawk one of the better legends so I'm leaning towards that now. Especially since his special has a more diverse use.

That's true actually. I suppose it depends on what you have in your deck. I'm actually lower level at about 110 right now and though I'll be farming Mihawk myself too he's not really going to do THAT much for my current lineup outside of his special on a couple raid bosses, but that's only because I got lucky enough to pull an INTHawk and have a whole load of subs maxed for him ready. If I'd not pulled him in the rate up Sugo RaidHawk would probably be super high priority right now thinking about it.

The decision I'm stuck with is whether I should just farm Mihawk or grab one and start maxing my INTHawk instead. I'd assumed before that the raid version may be best but I've noticed a lot of people consider INTHawk one of the better legends so I'm leaning towards that now. Especially since his special has a more diverse use.

Inthawk functions well enough without sockets for now, DexHawk doesn't function without a maxed special.

I'd go for this order personally:

1. max dexhawk's special
2. max inthawk's sockets
3. if dexhawk's sockets aren't maxed yet, finish them.

(I'm not sure what content inthawk can clear at this moment, but most teams that require dexhawk's special require you to jump through a lot of hoops to stall for his 17 turn special.)

Tidd

Probably a good time to ask, but since Alvida gets only one socket, what's the best to put there?

I wondered why you would ask that. :D Looks like they improve the old fortnights for global. Adding pigs and fine tuning other things. EXP you get still sucks but with a 2x p-exp event it's a great deal. We nearly know everything of the upcoming event. lol

• 2x Pirate EXP on extra island
  • Elder turtle island
  • sugo
  • improved old fortnights
  • probably Keys
  • Collosseum update

Alvida is used more or less exclusively for forests nowadays. So I would say Bind/Despair/Auto-Heal/Matching orbs. It really depends on what you're missing for that team. Auto-heal will help a lot if you can get it to level 5 for a forest.

RedBoot

Ugh, I just said I'd cut down my sugo pulls until 3D2Y, and then they go and bring in a Golden Sugofest. I mean, it's PSY up so it'll all be Usopp and Heavy Point, but still, it's tempting. This is a good batch, too, I'd only call Buffalo underwhelming (and he at least seems like he'd be fun to mess around with).

Baby 5 becomes a part of the Global SW Ace team immediately.

Random question for fun:

Are there any legend-level captains (or regular ones for that matter) that are straight up superior to the "standard"-tier captains?

Like standard fair is: 2.5xattack or 2xatk2xhp.

Most legends are "better" but do have conditions that slightly hamper their absolute superiority.

Log Luffy: only final 3 units do true damage, miscalculate and your turn is wasted.
whitebeard: hp shenanigans, inability to use heal sockets.

To me there's a handful that don't really feel like the negative side effect is that bad:

INThawk: It's not that hard to reliably hit great or perfect, unlike Log/G3 where getting the wrong result messes up your entire turn, Inthawk's "worst" result seems to be scoring sliightly less good than regular Mihawk.

Rayleigh: If we ignore the existance of combo lockers which seem to exist just to screw over rayleigh .. his quirky way of building up damage has no real issues aside from the first few chars not hitting that hard ... but in most teams the first 2-3 hits are your support units anyway.

Sengoku: Yeah he limits your team by total cost ... but 20 is high enough to still allow a large number of really solid characters. The big question is if the average sengoku team would reliably outdamage a 2.5x boosted team, I assume so right?

Bartolomeo: A straight up 2.75 boost without penalty *if* all your characters are strikers?
Probably the only penalty here is that it excludes godsopp .. but a lot of raid bosses have a delay shield so..

Is that a fair list?

Majukun

usual beli bag from moria..dammit

what's with the early announcement?they were included in the download earlier today?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Sengoku can limit your special options.

Is Moria even that good, kinda just want that absurd negative rcv from his future evo

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Bartolomeo: A straight up 2.75 boost without penalty *if* all your characters are strikers?
Probably the only penalty here is that it excludes godsopp .. but a lot of raid bosses have a delay shield so..

Is that a fair list?

I wonder of Bartolomeo has increased the viability of Log Usopp as the defacto delayer for that team.

Top Bottom