• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Majukun

the drops on noland are orrendus.,..probably because so many skillbooks are actually useful..so they make you drop like 3 chests max and are all for the south bird

RedBoot

Noland fortnight is crazy random sometimes. I had him and the cannons show up on stage 2 or any random stage for the most part. Ugh it hurts. Hard to recover when you get hit with that on stage 2 or 3. Pray for meat or you die.

Yeah, it's interesting. I've started to farm orbs on my stronger attackers in anticipation of Noland appearing (doesn't help if you get him on stage 2 or 3, of course, but at least that seems less likely). I've also been trending towards Sengoku or PSY teams, since the lack of recovery on Slashers hurts a bit.

Of course, if you get Calgara instead, he'll just clear out your matching orbs, but whatever.

Also, Calgara always replaces that Noland stage, so it's actually always better to get him, since Noland doesn't appear to drop on his mid-boss stage.

the drops on noland are orrendus.,..probably because so many skillbooks are actually useful..so they make you drop like 3 chests max and are all for the south bird

I've been getting more SWS Zoros and Nolas, actually. At least one of those is useful (and hell, I'll try and max the snake too, why not). I have yet to see a Mr. 1 book, oddly enough.

Ok now I'm happy with this sugo. Dropped one more set of 5 and got Ivankov and it looks like he's designed as a counter to poison which couldn't be timed much better really. He may turn out to be rubbish but his unevoleved abilities have given me hope.

mileS

Yeah, it's interesting. I've started to farm orbs on my stronger attackers in anticipation of Noland appearing (doesn't help if you get him on stage 2 or 3, of course, but at least that seems less likely). I've also been trending towards Sengoku or PSY teams, since the lack of recovery on Slashers hurts a bit.

Of course, if you get Calgara instead, he'll just clear out your matching orbs, but whatever.

Also, Calgara always replaces that Noland stage, so it's actually always better to get him, since Noland doesn't appear to drop on his mid-boss stage.

I'll try and farm orbs more. Even with my Sengoku teams recovery seems to be even less of a chance with bombs it seems. That or I have really bad luck! Haven't seen Calgara yet, strange it has been 10 runs now. Not that worried because I have a long time to run this thing.

chrono01

No Legends for me. :(

Anyway, my pulls:

GP Hammer Usopp (Nice start)
Vergo (New)
Jabra (New)
Ivankov (New)
GP Hammer Usopp (Go away, please)
X-Drake (Dupe)
Caeser Clown (New)
Pell (Dupe)
Nojiko (New)

I called it there.

A few new units, and since I didn't have Kid, Vergo is a nice substitute. A lot of "double this type" character captains, actually. Can't really complain.

bonkeng

Is there any use for Luffy G3 if you have Log?

I mean, is there any content in the game that is easier for a G3 to clear than Log?

Coz I'm leveling up my units, don't know which ones to prioritize.

chrono01

Is there any use for Luffy G3 if you have Log?

I mean, is there any content in the game that is easier for a G3 to clear than Log?

Coz I'm leveling up my units, don't know which ones to prioritize.
Not really. From what I've seen, if you have Log Luffy, you have little need for G3 variant. But then, I could be wrong.

wilstreak

What's a perfect shield? Any quest like that?

not sure
but in future Hancock raid, there is an enemy with very high hit count shield.
So with Log Luffy effectively wasting hit count of the first and 2nd attack.

Maybe that is what they mean of perfect shield

bjork

I've been getting 5 chests from Noland, but in 10ish runs I had just two Capone books, 5 Mr. 1 books, and 0 Whitey Bay books. The rest is bugs and Cricket.

Spent 40 bucks on day 1 of Sugo and got nothing but Baby 5.

Spent 20 more when I woke up to try for a Monet or Caeser and got an evolved Baby 5....

Spent 20 more right before I go to bed because I'm a sucker and it would just go to junk food anyway...

Iyz9Nr5.jpg

Yeah, I'm content with Sugo for a while.

Majukun

I've been getting wrecked on Sugo's since we got Ace and Mihawk. This was a nice refresher that it isn't always bad.

except if you are me :p
What's a perfect shield? Any quest like that?

it's only in japan for now,it's a shield like the combo shield we recently got on global,but that can be broken only with X amount of perfects..so since log luffy needs a good and great attack before,you are at best stuck with only 1 good attack per turn

there are also great and good shields,at least in the game data

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
No Legends for me. :(

Anyway, my pulls:

GP Hammer Usopp (Nice start)
Vergo (New)
Jabra (New)
Ivankov (New)
GP Hammer Usopp (Go away, please)
X-Drake (Dupe)
Caeser Clown (New)
Pell (Dupe)
Nojiko (New)

I called it there.

A few new units, and since I didn't have Kid, Vergo is a nice substitute. A lot of "double this type" character captains, actually. Can't really complain.

Substitute? Vergo is an upgraded Kid.

Also, Caesar is basically a raidboss.

You did good.

Random question, how do colliseum units compare to fortnight/RR & raidboss units?

From what I've seen several of them seem to be in the same power/utility ballpark as decent RR units, or am I mistaken?

Hana-Bi

I think I'll skip MC farming again. I'll save my gems and box space for Noland island and hope that I'll get more useful book drops (Zoro and Mr.1 are already maxed)

MiTYH

Gahhh, felt the sugo luck so I pulled two more times.

G2 Luffy
Impact Usopp

At least I got nice sockets, but both are already max skilled. Rahhhh

RedBoot

Random question, how do colliseum units compare to fortnight/RR & raidboss units?

From what I've seen several of them seem to be in the same power/utility ballpark as decent RR units, or am I mistaken?

There's a lot of variance, but yeah, the best ones are right up there with RR and raid boss units. Usually the stuff in the highest difficulty.

There's also a lot of opportunities for socketing, Ace, Vista, most of the Supernovas, etc, all have Colosseum versions.

Hana-Bi

Watching some Boa raid videos with WB teams and it's really funny: the videos I saw had all level 3 or 4 auto heal.

Glad we are way behind japan. This way you can plan your sockets and still be surprised when you'll see a WB team with auto heal. ;)

And since I have a LL I might put auto heal on my WB too. (Didn't use my WB as a captain at all)

Why are purple dragon drops so rare on dragon sanctuary ;___; keep getting yellows

I just need one for Noland evolve, but guess I should get an extra for spare.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Why are purple dragon drops so rare on dragon sanctuary ;___; keep getting yellows

I just need one for Noland evolve, but guess I should get an extra for spare.

I've gotten several purple dragons trying to farm rainbow dragons. I've run the rainbow dragon isle 6 times and no drop.

Kyou

The most annoying thing to me about the dragon islands is how pointlessly long they are

Double enel + level 1 anti-lock should do the trick.

Might wanna burst once he dips under 20% as he'll attack every turn.

Yup yup, I remember him being braindead simple last time. Just a couple more levels and I think one more socket for me.

RedBoot

I'm seriously getting more Daz Bones than Prison Crocs right now. :(

Wanted to hit 15 Crocs over the week, but that's going to be tough, especially with Alvida coming soon. I wanted to run Noland alongside it, but I might just wait til next week to go back to that one (not planning on running Bon Clay at all).

chrono01

Spent 40 bucks on day 1 of Sugo and got nothing but Baby 5.

Spent 20 more when I woke up to try for a Monet or Caeser and got an evolved Baby 5....

Spent 20 more right before I go to bed because I'm a sucker and it would just go to junk food anyway...

Iyz9Nr5.jpg

Yeah, I'm content with Sugo for a while.
Holly hell man, congrats! Two Legends in one set of pulls. Incredible stuff.

Fml

Bought the 12 gem pack for 3 pulls

Guard Chopper dupe
Drake dupe
Buffalo...of again the worst of the batch
/sadface

Substitute? Vergo is an upgraded Kid.

Also, Caesar is basically a raidboss.

You did good.
I'm an idiot. When I was looking at Vergo's Captain ability, I saw the 2x multiplier and thinking he was in the 5* evolved version. Apparently he wasn't, and that's changed to 2.5x when he is. I can see now why he's a good Kid replacement, and thankfully so. That bastard has eluded me forever.

Nice to hear about Caeser too. :)

So can anybody suggest a Slasher team for beating Chopper? I won't be running Master since my QCK deck is abysmal (diable jambe sanji is by a large margin my best) and I just need one for my collection rather than attempting to max him.

I was thinking of going double Doffy for hp and back it with Kuro and Brooke for damage. That would leave me one more slot for damage or Marco since GP Usopp will be my last slot.

The other choice would be go double INThawk unless I can find a good QCK friend captain and go with dps over survival or perhaps even a single Doffy and a good friend captain for damage to make a mix. I'm not sure how it plays out either as this will be my first try.

Any tips? I'm really feeling a lack of options now I'm up against a STR raid boss this time.

So can anybody suggest a Slasher team for beating Chopper? I won't be running Master since my QCK deck is abysmal (diable jambe sanji is by a large margin my best) and I just need one for my collection rather than attempting to max him.

I was thinking of going double Doffy for hp and back it with Kuro and Brooke for damage. That would leave me one more slot for damage or Marco since GP Usopp will be my last slot.

The other choice would be go double INThawk unless I can find a good QCK friend captain and go with dps over survival or perhaps even a single Doffy and a good friend captain for damage to make a mix. I'm not sure how it plays out either as this will be my first try.

Any tips? I'm really feeling a lack of options now I'm up against a STR raid boss this time.

Do you have Laboon to run a zombie team?

I've run MC 40 w/ 2x Mihawk, H.Zoro, Lucci, Brook and GPU in the past with little to no problems, iirc. Gonna try Enel out this time around, if I have FCs available.

RedBoot

I cleared MC quite easily last time using Enel/Enel, Raid Iva, Candy Sanji, Jimbe, and Kaku (my Blackbeard team, incidentally). That particular team can generate a lot of orbs, but I suspect any strong team would be able to handle it, especially with some delays tossed in. Enel makes it a pretty easy fight.

Do you have Laboon to run a zombie team?

Afraid not.

I've run MC 40 w/ 2x Mihawk, H.Zoro, Lucci, Brook and GPU in the past with little to no problems, iirc. Gonna try Enel out this time around, if I have FCs available.

Ah ok, I have most of them. Only one I'm missing is Lucci so I guess I'll put Kuro in his spot and see how it goes. I definitely need to make sure I get Enel next time around to fill out my QCK team.

mileS

I have possible teams for both but I can't decide on Rayleigh or Sengoku to farm Monster Chopper. I assume at a certain point it just comes down to how many units you will use over 20cost. Which regardless of captain most of my crew (Kaku, GPU, Lucci) are 20 or under for QCK.

Top Bottom