• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

2x Enel, Killer, H.Zoro, Ivankov, GPU has been a breeze. Particularly with Anti-Lock 1. I attack for one turn, pop GPU then defeat him before the stall runs out. No other skills needed.

Kyou

2x Enel, Killer, H.Zoro, Ivankov, GPU has been a breeze. Particularly with Anti-Lock 1. I attack for one turn, pop GPU then defeat him before the stall runs out. No other skills needed.

I'm using EnelEnel, Iva, Capone, Kaku and GPU with anti-lock

I want to see the numbers go higher...

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

more like Moby Dick level 10, 2x Enel, Beast Lucci, Dock One Kaku, Log Usopp, and Thatch. '-'

GaimeGuy

Log Luffy and the Strong World batch are being replaced with new units with the same abilities in Japan. Interesting. Global might actually finally get the SW batch.

Tidd

Log Luffy and the Strong World batch are being replaced with new units with the same abilities in Japan. Interesting. Global might actually finally get the SW batch.

Don't joke around like that :(

No seriously I don't understand what is going on. Japan is getting a Shiki raid and other characters from the SW movie in a fortnight. Why do they have to remove the SW straw hats? o_O

And lol @ global getting exclusive characters

No seriously I don't understand what is going on. Japan is getting a Shiki raid and other characters from the SW movie in a fortnight. Why do they have to remove the SW straw hats? o_O

The whole situation is really conspicuous. The base forms of the SW Strawhats are from the Strong World film and the evolved form outfits are from Film Z. Both forms are getting removed however both the upcoming raid and fortnight in Japan revolve around Shiki and his crew, which were all from the Strong World film. Zephyr of course is from Film Z. SW Shanks and Ace aren't being removed but both weren't actually in Film Z which the black dress outfits are based on.

My guess as to why Shiki and Zephyr are alright is because they are free promotional content whereas the RR units can only be obtained by spending and buying gems through the pay model. Technically, you can get them for free by saving gems but any gems that are bought are pretty much expressly used for RR pulls. I figure the SW units being in the RR pool meant that the character artists or movie publishers have an agreement that gives them X% of money spent in the sale of gems. My guess is that in some way this agreement is being terminated and Bandai is opting to replace the units since they can't outright get rid of them.

At the very least, this could mean we might see them come to global since Bandai doesn't need an excuse to be able to make money. Who the fuck knows if we'll ever see Zephyr though.

GaimeGuy

No, I mean we'll get the SW replacement chars along with japan

Tidd

No, I mean we'll get the SW replacement chars along with japan

I know what you meant. The comment was about the Log Luffy replacement announcement which was exclusively for global till today and we all thought they would work on something solely for global.

But this gives us at least a little bit of hope.

Heng

Sounds good.

Might try this out. :)
This team has trouble with Noland + Calgara unless you stalled enough for GP Usopp. A better team is LL + Sengoku with GP Usopp + your strongest PSY/QCK units under 20 cost. This team actually is much faster than the team I stated before, the fastest I've cleared this was 9 turns.

mileS

Man oh man what is going on with the log and SW characters? Almost shocked to hear JPN will replace them as well. Is it a license issue? I mean One Piece Burning Blood even got SW character dlc or pre-order costumes.

random post on reddit.
the log characters were designed by Toei animation as part of home video releases 'log collection' released back in early to mid 2000s. SW characters becomes tricky because Oda designed them but Toei animation created the movie based on Oda's storyboard and distributed them.
One thing for sure is that Bandai does not own SW nor log characters. I'm guessing these characters' royalty are up for renewal and Bandai chose to go with the easiest route - lets redesign these characters, cut some of the costs, release them worldwide without licensing issues, and make profit!

Hana-Bi

This team has trouble with Noland + Calgara unless you stalled enough for GP Usopp. A better team is LL + Sengoku with GP Usopp + your strongest PSY/QCK units under 20 cost. This team actually is much faster than the team I stated before, the fastest I've cleared this was 9 turns.

Will try it out when MC raid is over. I have enough Boa and Marco friends up right now. :)

Well, that sugo was a bust. Got evolved Koala, Mr. 5, Ms. All Sunday, Heavy Gong Chopper, GP Usopp and evolved Hawkins. All dupes. To add salt to the wound, I already evolved my Koala a few days before I pulled.

MiTYH

Loving the double EXP on these raids, even if I think the exp is slightly better on 30-stamina.

Still, double enel and anti-lock1 makes this stupid easy. Still have war flashbacks to my zombie vivi team from time to time. Oh how my team has grown.

Got my RR Blueno evolved today too, so once he's decently leveled, I'm going to take my Legend Lucci for a spin!

bjork

Kalifa needs to take a bath, but she needs a blue lobster first. Curse you blue lobster

edit - also the team of
Enel/Enel
Legend Mihawk/Killer
GP Usopp/Doma

worked on 40s chopper for me. Good times. Shame I don't have a ton of time to actually play today.

edit 2 - finally maxed the Sunny. Doesn't make me feel any better about wasting so many cola on Big Top, but here we are.

mileS

Really wish I had a copy of Enel right now. Have a Sengoku team that can just barely (sometimes) kill MC on 40stam. Only other option is Rayleigh. I have a Jozu but hes only level 68 and I'm not sure if I have the subs it would take.

bjork

Really wish I had a copy of Enel right now. Have a Sengoku team that can just barely (sometimes) kill MC on 40stam. Only other option is Rayleigh. I have a Jozu but hes only level 68 and I'm not sure if I have the subs it would take.

If you went double Jozu, you could tank for a ton. Or maybe Jozu/Enel with someone that's fed a ton of RCV candies to their Enel. Or maybe Jozu on your Rayleigh team and use him as your last hit for 25x?

Hana-Bi

Noland farming so far:

10 Capone books
12 Whitey Bay books
11 Oars books
13 Calgara copies
14 Noland copies

Well, and a ton of crap books I don't need...

Heng

So far I've gotten:

22 Capone books (I'm glad I'm lucky here since I've skipped Domino FN)
17 Oars Jr (don't have him)
15 Whitey Bay (don't have her)
20 Noland
11 Clagara
A bunch of Montblanc books that I'm not going to save up for skill up event
And enough useless books to level Monet from 20 to 59 (4* version)

Well farming Chopper has been kinda successful. I got a copy at least, but I've not managed to get any special ups or anti-lock sockets. So far I've got Mihawk and Chopper to evolve, have recently evolved my Doffy, then I also have Monet to evolve and a whole bunch of units that should be higher than lv40-lv50. I really need to keep on top of these turtle times to help get it done, but I swear the site has been off for a while since the turtle event recently.

GaimeGuy

Loving the double EXP on these raids, even if I think the exp is slightly better on 30-stamina.

Still, double enel and anti-lock1 makes this stupid easy. Still have war flashbacks to my zombie vivi team from time to time. Oh how my team has grown.

Got my RR Blueno evolved today too, so once he's decently leveled, I'm going to take my Legend Lucci for a spin!
War flashbacks, huh.

Let's reminisce about Garp. :D

GaimeGuy

Man oh man what is going on with the log and SW characters? Almost shocked to hear JPN will replace them as well. Is it a license issue? I mean One Piece Burning Blood even got SW character dlc or pre-order costumes.

random post on reddit.
Basically, toei gonna toei.

bonkeng

The Alvida quest is not giving 2x experience is it?

It gives around half the other quest at special islands is giving. Or is it low exp to begin with?

Majukun

did anyone try farming for vida copies in their 15 stamina? on reddit they say that on 30 her books drop a lot, but I don't need books but only copies of her for sockets
So far I've gotten:

22 Capone books (I'm glad I'm lucky here since I've skipped Domino FN)
17 Oars Jr (don't have him)
15 Whitey Bay (don't have her)
20 Noland
11 Clagara
A bunch of Montblanc books that I'm not going to save up for skill up event
And enough useless books to level Monet from 20 to 59 (4* version)
did you gem? because I'm nowhere near those numbers and I farmed no land nonstop

What's the target drop when farming Alvida? I've done a few runs since I haven't actually maxed mine out yet, but so far all I've seen is the useless bush guy, Coby and the sea king which I'm not even sure can drop. I was planning to just run this for a few days but the I'm not seeing much of a reward? It doesn't help that the xp payout is awful compared to the others either.

bjork

What's the target drop when farming Alvida? I've done a few runs since I haven't actually maxed mine out yet, but so far all I've seen is the useless bush guy, Coby and the sea king which I'm not even sure can drop. I was planning to just run this for a few days but the I'm not seeing much of a reward? It doesn't help that the xp payout is awful compared to the others either.

Gaimon and the serpent were the rare encounters, but it was also one of the first fortnights, so there wasn't a ton of related content to have turn up. Gaimon can be used to level up the specials of Johnny and one of the Elbaf giants, I want to say Broggy but I'm not sure. Plus, Gaimon was handy in one of the missions iirc, so he's worth having at least temporarily. Actually, I think the same is true of Coby as well, where he's needed for a few missions.

Wooh maxed Mr.9's skill!
Am I the only one to skill up absolutely useless characters?

Him, Miss Goldenweek, and a bunch of fodders for me, among others. It's like a minor reward for much suffering.

Him, Miss Goldenweek, and a bunch of fodders for me, among others. It's like a minor reward for much suffering.

I ... I'm not just farming this fornight to socket crocodile ... I'm really invested in leveling up mr.9 ... /cries

I really can't complain though, I'm 5/5/4/4 on crocodile atm, super close.

Hana-Bi

I really like the Noland skill book drop rate...

Got 6 chest drops in a run. Problem all were crap:

2 south birds
2 Nola
Cricket
Cola

Yeah, and why can Cricket drop in the Noland special stage? I think that's the only time Whitey can drop and the special stage is random + there are three other guys...

Majukun

trying a bit of coroc today,just to see if i manage to put at least a couple more of sockets on him...as of now,2 runs,one drop and one chest

MiTYH

Alvidia is going pretty well. Gotten a lot of drops of herself, maybe 7 skill books so far. I'll probably keep going at it, since her skill level is a measly 1 -- not that it seems to matter much but still! I've been having fun using a Powerhouse Legend Lucci team -- though I realize I need more LLucci friends. Enel's been a good substitute captain friend.

bjork

Maxed Alvida's skill with the second book I got from her FN, and I don't care much about sockets on her, so I think I'm done running that.

Randomly got a Kalifa drop in the Gates of Justice, so there's one to tick off the list. Guess I'll go back to Noland, I have barely run Croc at all. But first, a well-earned nap. Last night's shift was a true pain.

Hana-Bi

Damn, getting box space issues. Don't know which skill books/copies I should yolo feed or use the Sengoku books I'll probably never get...

bjork

Damn, getting box space issues. Don't know which skill books/copies I should yolo feed or use the Sengoku books I'll probably never get...

Feed anything that comes back, that wasn't a complete pain to farm for, outside of copies of a character that isn't evolved yet. For socket reasons.

Hana-Bi

Feed anything that comes back, that wasn't a complete pain to farm for, outside of copies of a character that isn't evolved yet. For socket reasons.

Yeah, need to do that. Still not sure which books / copies to use though. I've got over 330 books/copies for those chars:

WB (for my 2nd copy)
Sengoko (don't have him)
Capone
Rakuyo
Fossa
Doma
Whitey
Oars
Young Arlong
Calgara
Heracles
Noland

Will probably use Capone and Doma first since I have Thatch maxed and then use my Noland copies...

bjork

Blackbeard again. What? We had him 2 weeks ago. :/

I'm glad to see him come back so soon, I only got a handful of runs in before my phone was broken last time.

Yeah, need to do that. Still not sure which books / copies to use though. I've got over 330 books/copies for those chars:

Good god. I get like five copies of something and get antsy, I can't even imagine this.

Hana-Bi

Used some books/copies for Capone, Doma and Noland. Results are:

Capone: 5 skill ups out of 20 books (wtf, better as some skill up event results)
Noland: 6 skill ups and 6 useful sockets (4 cd / 2 bind) out of 25 copies
Doma: 2 skill ups out of 25 books

Not bad. :)

bjork

Used some books/copies for Capone, Doma and Noland. Results are:

Capone: 5 skill ups out of 20 books (wtf, better as some skill up event results)
Noland: 6 skill ups and 6 useful sockets (4 cd / 2 bind) out of 25 copies
Doma: 2 skill ups out of 25 books

Not bad. :)

Bold is exactly why I feed away. I can deal with no skill ups outside of an event, and if it happens to hit multiple times, that's a lucky day. It worked for maxing Mihawk and Perona for me, anyway.

Eidjinn

Anything that raises a unit's special will glow golden in the list when you try to select it.

No golden glow over the icon = no skill up.

So the best plan would be to wait for a 2xspecial/skill day, feed all the Alvidas to a master Alvida, then evolve her and feed her th books?

By the way, Is this just like with Enel, Blackbeard and Doflamingo? Or can I feed them with the first evolution copies?

Kyou

So the best plan would be to wait for a 2xspecial/skill day, feed all the Alvidas to a master Alvida, then evolve her and feed her th books?

By the way, Is this just like with Enel, Blackbeard and Doflamingo? Or can I feed them with the first evolution copies?

fat Alvida's skill won't carry over to skinny Alvida, it'd reset to 1 when you evolve because they have different skills

the only thing you can do with fat alvida's to skill up skinny alvida is to evolve all of them

MiTYH

fat Alvida's skill won't carry over to skinny Alvida, it'd reset to 1 when you evolve because they have different skills

the only thing you can do with fat alvida's to skill up skinny alvida is to evolve all of them

Exactly. I've gotten about 7-8 books, which is enough for me since her skill is low enough. If I get really unlucky with the skillups, I'll dedicate time to evolving her copies I grabbed. Else, sockets away!

Majukun

still need one last socket on crocodile..but tomorrow i need to get a lot of seahorses to free some space and evolve some pigs...decisions..decisions...

Top Bottom