• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

bonkeng

Just evolved Raidhawk and I'm trying to build a decent slashers team.

Any advice would be great. Here are my slashers:

Raid Hawk
Law Room
Ashura Zoro
SWS Zoro
Buggy
Whitey Bay
Thatch
Black Shanks
Mr 3
Daz Bones Convict
Noland
Young Arlong
Vista
Koza
Johnny

Only Young Arlong and Ashura are high leveled, so im using them both.

But which ones to prioritize?

Any farmable good slasher units?

Thanks in advance.

Hana-Bi

Damn, GPU book farming is the worst. First 8 runs no chest drop, then I got my first book drop and on my 11th run two chest drops. One was a cola...

Since I need only one skill up for my second Usopp I won't farm that much, but it's really a stamina waste...

I have two more GPU copies, so if I feed them I only need one more book (hopefully), but is there maybe a use for a third GPU? My first Usop has bind/despair sockets and my second cd/heal. Are there any other useful socket combinations for GPU?

bjork

Just evolved Raidhawk and I'm trying to build a decent slashers team.

Any advice would be great. Here are my slashers:

Raid Hawk - top tier, naturally
Law Room - great DEX captain, solid sub otherwise
Ashura Zoro - same as Law
SWS Zoro - I think his main use is evolved in zombie teams, right?
Buggy - niche use in INT teams, not a top INT slasher
Whitey Bay - solid stats but her special requires a turn delay
Thatch - great for red turtle time, a solid sub otherwise
Black Shanks - great sub, with a DEF reducer special, legend with good reason
Mr 3 - if you need a turn delay or you're using in conjunction with Whitey
Daz Bones Convict - I think I've never used him so I can't say
Noland - useful for slot effect special, but idk how his final stats stack up
Young Arlong - super good, as you know
Vista - one of the strongest INT slashers, special is good for turtle times
Koza - underrated due to lower stats, but his special makes him worth a look
Johnny - use specifically in missions where he's required, that's about it

Only Young Arlong and Ashura are high leveled, so im using them both.

But which ones to prioritize?

Any farmable good slasher units?
In story missions:
- STR Mr. 1 in Alubarna
- INT Croc in Alubarna (requires evolving but is worth it)
- Base Arlong, if you want higher ATK than Young Arlong
- Dorry and Broggy are both slashers too, but I haven't heard anyone mention using them in some time

From FN/Raids:
- Doflamingo is absolutely key, from his raid
- Halloween Zoro, from one of the halloween FNs
- Sargeant Helmeppo, from the Cobymeppo FN
- Dock Lucci from Lucci/Kaku FN
- probably others I'm forgetting

Thanks in advance.

I would probably go
Mihawk (friend)/Mihawk
Young Arlong/Koza (or Thatch)
Shanks/Vista

Koza over Thatch for the ATK boost special, or Thatch if you don't need the boost and just want a higher attack per turn. Vista's special isn't too great, but his ATK is high and Shanks can reduce DEF to 0, provided you can stall long enough. Makes for a full rainbow team at any rate, but you can play around with it as needed.

Damn, GPU book farming is the worst.
I'd guess farming legends' SBs are the worst, but I have never tried to do so. However, it sure is frustrating trying to get these GPU books (thankfully it's for my second one, as I got the first done via Duck Squad's first or second run). I just emptied my STA with 9 runs. The chest drops were a Cola troll on 5 then GPU on 6 and 9.

A word of advice: Don't evolve that SWS Zoro. His skill changes and becomes far less useful when evolved.

bonkeng

Story Croc has a slasher evolution (his 5 star one) that functions amazing as a beatstick:

http://optc-db.github.io/characters/#/view/408

4 socket slots + farmable alt croc during his prison fortnight also means he'll work as a great boost to your team's sockets next to featuring solid stats.

Great, I'll farm him on 2x drop.

Thanks.

I would probably go
Mihawk (friend)/Mihawk
Young Arlong/Koza (or Thatch)
Shanks/Vista

Koza over Thatch for the ATK boost special, or Thatch if you don't need the boost and just want a higher attack per turn. Vista's special isn't too great, but his ATK is high and Shanks can reduce DEF to 0, provided you can stall long enough. Makes for a full rainbow team at any rate, but you can play around with it as needed.

Is an unevolved Shanks worth it? Coz I won't have enough cost for that team if i evolve him as his cost increases to 55 from 30. Need to plevel up a few more times. Also, I've read that legends are worthless in their unevolved form. If it's true, then I'd wait til i can field his evolved form and use maybe Zoro or Thatch?

I like Ashura Zoro, but which zoro is better? Holloween or Ashura? I don't have his holloween form yet, but if it is better, I'll stop leveling Ashura now.

I like Ashura Zoro, but which zoro is better? Holloween or Ashura? I don't have his holloween form yet, but if it is better, I'll stop leveling Ashura now.
Both are great and see use often, depending on who you are facing. Don't hesitate to level AZ right now.

bonkeng

A word of advice: Don't evolve that SWS Zoro. His skill changes and becomes far less useful when evolved.

Damn, i would have evolved him not knowing this. Thanks for the tip.

Both are great and see use often, depending on who you are facing. Don't hesitate to level AZ right now.

My Ashura is lvl71 now. It's getting expensive beli wise haha.

I'll stop leveling him for now and focus on the others.

How do you guys max all your units? I only have max LL due to the 1m download, and i lost my other 5 million exp when i transferred to another phone.

bjork

My Ashura is lvl71 now. It's getting expensive beli wise haha.

I'll stop leveling him for now and focus on the others.

How do you guys max all your units? I only have max LL due to the 1m download, and i lost my other 5 million exp when i transferred to another phone.

I'm not sure how anyone else here does it, but the general rule is 1 beli per 1 exp, so you're not burning through your money. Aside from that, I don't know of any quick ways aside from matching colors and not missing turtle times, but even that can still take forever. I pulled a Whitebeard last sugo and even with the red turtle time and red teenage turtles dropping in FNs, I've only got him around level 55.

Dandte

I'm not sure how anyone else here does it, but the general rule is 1 beli per 1 exp, so you're not burning through your money. Aside from that, I don't know of any quick ways aside from matching colors and not missing turtle times, but even that can still take forever. I pulled a Whitebeard last sugo and even with the red turtle time and red teenage turtles dropping in FNs, I've only got him around level 55.

what happened to your 5 mil exp meat?

Majukun

well after you pick up the pace and start farming raid consistently,money is really not a problem and you stop caring about that rule...i wasted millions of beli willingly and still haven't go below 9 mln beli..now i'm on 15 mln

but it's a good rule to follow when you are starting

well after you pick up the pace and start farming raid consistently,money is really not a problem and you stop caring about that rule...i wasted millions of beli willingly and still haven't go below 9 mln beli..now i'm on 15 mln

but it's a good rule to follow when you are starting

I legitimately had money concerns in game sometimes, until we got weekly raids lol.

Now it seems impossible to truly lose money.

bonkeng

I lose beli a lot when leveling. Coz i used those level 10 mobs, which gives about 0.5 exp or less per 1 beli.

Only my Ashura got to 71 because he's my most used unit and i fed all the turtles to him when i started. I really regret losing the 5 million exp. Should have been careful during data transfer. I didnt claim it from the message so i lost it.

Majukun

yahoo,slasherdile socketed!just in time for the end of the fortnight
tomorrow there's the mr 2 ranking and then i'm back farming noland

Dandte

I haven't found decent teams for either, fwiw. So I used Sabo as a sub in a Rayleigh team and Ace warms the bench.
=
I can't use my meat on wb, because i used them on ace and sabo, but i don't have teams for them, so i use sabo in my Rayleigh team...

business-card-envy-o.gif

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
My Inthawk/Slasherdile/Doffy/Koza/GPU setup, without friend captain:
15 CD
15 Bind
15 Despair
20 Autoheal
5 orbs.

All skill maxed except for Inthawk.
It's beautiful.

GaimeGuy

I wouln't farm usopp books on the kuro fortnight.

Farm them on usopp'n. Or the Karoo fortnight. There's nothing else useful in the kuro fortnight.

Eidjinn

I wouln't farm usopp books on the kuro fortnight.

Farm them on usopp'n. Or the Karoo fortnight. There's nothing else useful in the kuro fortnight.

Humm...
The Kuro FN is not that bad for me, as I can farm blue turtles. I'm absolutely unprepared for the BlackBeard Clash, as my blue units are all about lv. 60 (and no specials or skills).

My Jozu and Kaku are lv 60, my Capone is lv. 52 and my Killer is not evolved and lv. 49... I'm trying to get this team to farm a few BB's...

Is that a dumb move?

GaimeGuy

Humm...
The Kuro FN is not that bad for me, as I can farm blue turtles. I'm absolutely unprepared for the BlackBeard Clash, as my blue units are all about lv. 60 (and no specials or skills).

My Jozu and Kaku are lv 60, my Capone is lv. 52 and my Killer is not evolved and lv. 49... I'm trying to get this team to farm a few BB's...

Is that a dumb move?

Not at all. I was speaking more for people who are JUST trying to get GPU books.

Majukun

ranking done easy with overkill team

2x g3 luffy
koala
sadi-chan
doffy
perona

2,9 mln damage with a great on the 5th attack,so it's possible to do over 3 mln with all perfects and all max level units (my koala and sadi are not maxed)

Dandte

ranking done easy with overkill team

2x g3 luffy
koala
sadi-chan
doffy
perona

2,9 mln damage with a great on the 5th attack,so it's possible to do over 3 mln with all perfects and all max level units (my koala and sadi are not maxed)

Is Koala necessary?

Don't have Koala but managed to get gold on my second try with:

log/log
hogback/doffy
godsopp/whitey bay

3 boosts simultaneously compensated for hogback's relatively low fighter boost.

Hana-Bi

Got three chest drops from Noland on his special stage today and all I got was three Cricket books. I hope I get my 30 Whitey books till next week...

MiTYH

Tried freeing up some space, used 10 Blackbeards I had stored since he's coming back. Got two skillups (now turn 20 out of a possible 15), so 5 more to go. Got some sockets I needed though, so I'm not too disappointed. Hoping that this next batch will be the last, but he's so stupid easy to farm it's almost not worth the effort. Almost.

Noland and Calgara copies have been dropping like it's going out of season. Sadly I started feeding some copies with no skillups. Saving a bunch now and we'll see what happens, but at 650 box space and it feels tights. Most of them are skillbooks for units I need to see improve (Marco, Law, Capone, Slasherdile, Alivida), or ones I like/use often and are almost maxxed (Doublefinger, Oars JR, Mr 1, Jozu). Plus my 35 Legend books because #YouNeverKnow

bjork

Did a ranking run with Rayleigh, I guess that's not the thing to do. I'm guessing G3 with red subs on Mr 2, yes?

I think we have the same legends. Sabo,Ace,Ray,Inthawk.

I also have WB, Sengoku, and Shanks. I just don't have anyone other than Sabo and Ace maxed because I'm a horrible person.

Heng

Did a ranking run with Rayleigh, I guess that's not the thing to do. I'm guessing G3 with red subs on Mr 2, yes?
Ideally you should be using G3 x2 (unless you have Log Luffy) + Doffy, Koala (Hogback can be a substitute), GP Usopp, and a strong QCK fighter. Doffy and Koala are there for buffs, GP Usopp is there to stall out the defense buff, although you could just take the damage. It should get you the first prize award easily.

bjork

Ideally you should be using G3 x2 (unless you have Log Luffy) + Doffy, Koala (Hogback can be a substitute), GP Usopp, and a strong QCK fighter. Doffy and Koala are there for buffs, GP Usopp is there to stall out the defense buff, although you could just take the damage. It should get you the first prize award easily.

I wound up going

Sengoku/Sengoku
Koala/G2 Luffy
PSY Hachi/Doflamingo

Stall stall stall, pop Koala/Hachi/Doflamingo specials, hit all perfects. I have no one max leveled and specials on level 1 or 2 at most, but it cleared with 2.06M. Good times

Hana-Bi

Managed to max skill my Capone. So that was at least something. Whitey drops are still low the last few stamina bars. But I have 28 right now, so my goal of 30 should be reached. :)

Kyou

Best I can do on this fortnight is Rayleighx2/M. Chopper/Namule/Coby/GP Usopp

If the stars align I think I might be able to pull it off?

Tidd

No colossoeum :(
At least we get the social network thing for changing devices and other Qol improvements.

Oh and cotton candy islands with the new event!

Top Bottom