• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

RedBoot

My poor alt account got screwed them lol

Yeah, based on what I've read on Reddit, newer accounts aren't affected for some reason, which is weird.

I made a new alt about 3 days ago, and it gets the FP error, so it must be accounts that are brand new that don't benefit.

(My alt still has like 15 pulls left, but the point of that account was to never use RR outside of the initial freebie, so I won't do it anymore. The one pull I did there got me Mr. 5, so that's okay since he's farmable).

Hmm... I guess the 10 point text really is a lie sometimes. I just used some friend captains I know I haven't used and got points from them. Why must you treat me so, Bandai?

Tidd

This experience today has to be my favorite OPTC moment so far. This is even better than pulling a legend and clearing the WB forest. <3

Jayhawk

I got about a dozen new units from the FP pulls, including units with skill books I've been hoarding. I wish Diamante wasn't the only Doflamingo family unit I got though. Monet and Baby 5, please!

chrono01

Oh man:

Bartholomew Kuma (Dupe)
Hack (New)
Diamante x2 (New)
Lao G. (New)
Monet (New)

G3 Luffy x2 (Dupe)
Killer (Dupe)
Blamenco the Mallet (Dupe)
Bepo the Martial Artist (Dupe)
Kaya x3 (New)
Blueno (New)

Captain Kid (At least I no longer have to evolve/level my 4*)
Eusass Kid (Dupe)
Baby 5 (New)
Squard (New)
Sugar (New)
Jabra (New)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
The last time they screwed up like this (announcing a 2x skill up event that never came), I farmed 60 copies of Heracles the week or 2 before the event, using gems and precious box space. I figured "Well, if I farm Heracles now, I'll be able to free up all the box space in 1 week, and I won't have to have 20 or 30 or more copies of Heracles occupying my box for 2 months at a time, waiting for skill up events in the future. Yes, I'll be using more gems to farm him quickly now than to farm him gradually over the course of 5-10 Heracles raids over the next year or two, but that's a tradeoff I'll gladly accept."

Well, the "skill up" event came, and I saw on the subreddit that it was a complete lie. I held off on feeding those Heracles copies because I figured it would be inefficient to use them outside of a skill up event.

24/48 hours later, BN announces:

1. They will let you keep all the skill ups and sockets gained from the previous 24/48 hour period.

2. You will receive a mail containing copies of every single copy of every single unit you had fed over the period.

Effectively, I was fucked - I had only spent gems and occupied box space because of the skill up event. I had held off on feeding my units because I caught BN's mistake. In doing so, I:

A. Missed out on free sockets and skill up opportunities

B. Fucked my existing box space over (all the farmed units still occupied box space)

C. Missed out on extra box space (if I used the units, not only would I free up box space (B), I would also receive a mail containing copies of the units, which would not count towards my box space as long as I did not open the letters!)

It was the worst possible outcome for me. I used up gems and box space because of BN's lie in the lead up to the event, and was subsequently punished for realizing that there was no skill up event when it should have started. After the "correction" period, I was still out of gems and box space, with nothing to show for their fuck up.

So, I'm feeding every single dupe unit I get from this FP glitch.

(Only new units are Intvankov, crocus, and oars Jr. No doffy or punk hazard characters)

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm sorry. But I like seeing everyone more or less being happy about 100free pulls and no complaining about dupes and on top of that nearly everyone pulled something new.
There's no complaining because they were free; if anyone did, they'd oust themselves as a total bitch ass loser.

Heng

My new units I got were:
Caesar
Blueno
Lao G
Doma
Fukuro
Curiel
Crocus

I'm pretty happy with these pulls overall, and got a few nice socket/free skill ups as well. I wonder when this glitch occurred. Was it discovered today or did it occur today? Imagine if it was active since Sugofest started and we had legends in the FP pool...

chrono01

There's no complaining because they were free; if anyone did, they'd oust themselves as a total bitch ass loser.
I don't know, I'm extremely disappointed that my free ten-pulls didn't give me AT LEAST 6 Legends per set. Namco Bandai needs to be more generous, IMO, even if it is a bug. I hope they replace all of our pulled units with Legend characters of our own choosing.

Yes, I'm being sarcastic, haha.

Tidd

I'm pretty happy with these pulls overall, and got a few nice socket/free skill ups as well. I wonder when this glitch occurred. Was it discovered today or did it occur today? Imagine if it was active since Sugofest started and we had legends in the FP pool...

Probably after the update we got today. But I don't know how someone discovers this. Would you ever think to do a FP pull just because "let's get shitty characters I can sell and even that would be a waste of time".

haha of course. But after 100 pulls I finally understood that I shouldn't buy gems for the next few sugos, all these dupes would've been terrifying if I had spent money for that. ;__;

RedBoot

Probably after the update we got today. But I don't know how someone discovers this. Would you ever think to do a FP pull just because "let's get shitty characters I can sell and even that would be a waste of time".

Every now and then I'll do a friend pull if I'm ~1000xp from a level-up or something. This game has a decent amount of players, someone was gonna find it.

Of course, now we'll have people checking the FP every time the Rate Up rotates out, just in case... :)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I couldn't post too well earlier because mobile, but thanks to everyone who did the friend game with me. This was a lot of fun. Now we just wait for Bandai.

Kyou

decided to go back in and get enough FP for one more, didnt have to because I'd had enough friends use me. Did one last pull and got a new Whitey Bay.

Dandte

I'm sorry. But I like seeing everyone more or less being happy about 100free pulls and no complaining about dupes and on top of that nearly everyone pulled something new.

haha of course. But after 100 pulls I finally understood that I shouldn't buy gems for the next few sugos, all these dupes would've been terrifying if I had spent money for that. ;__;

And thats why, i won't buy gems again:

Chaka, Ruffy, Mr 5 were at least 25 of my summons.
3 blamenco, 6 Usopps, 3 Koza, 5 Namis, 2 Hack, 10 Nojikos bellmere and Kaya, 2 Xdrake, 1 Killer, 2 Marcos, 1 Ace, 4 Sanjis and so one. My only new Unit was Koala and Mr. Prince.

Sure it was'n a rate up...well dex...but in reality str., but i was terrfied before and now i'm even more terrified to pull ever again...on the other side...my pool is still pretty big ;____;

Wouldn't it be fun if we get a

"End of support"

notice tomorrow? >.<

koryuken

How did you grind it?

I want a Khalifa and a Ceasar! XD

you run Orange Town mission 1 (currently 1/2 stamina) with new friend captains for 10pts. 20 runs = one pull. Takes like 15 seconds per run.

edit: just pulled Koala dupe, but I will take it for sockets LOL.

you run Orange Town mission 1 (currently 1/2 stamina) with new friend captains for 10pts. 20 runs = one pull. Takes like 15 seconds per run.

That's what I've been doing, also in hope of getting Diamante. If Bandai let's us keep the pulls, I'll have 8 new units and the only missing non-legend RR units for me will all be from the Doffy batches, specifically Diamante, Senior Pink, Trebol, Jiolla, Dellinger, Violet, and Sugar.

Is anyone going as far as to gem for friend point farming?

koryuken

That's what I've been doing, also in hope of getting Diamante. If Bandai let's us keep the pulls, I'll have 8 new units and the only missing non-legend RR units for me will all be from the Doffy batches, specifically Diamante, Senior Pink, Trebol, Jiolla, Dellinger, Violet, and Sugar.

Is anyone going as far as to gem for friend point farming?

Same, also trying for Diamante. I am missing 3 units in the game atm -- Diamante, Doffy and Corazon.
I have 190 STA, so i used a gem lol. It will go a long way :)

Kyou

I'm paranoid so I worry that going out of my way to farm FP for more pulls would make it more likely to get banned or something

koryuken

I'm paranoid so I worry that going out of my way to farm FP for more pulls would make it more likely to get banned or something

I really have a hard time seeing them banning someone, especially since people cheat blatantly on rankings etc. The worst they would do is roll it back -- but how do you account for manuals, etc people have gained in the meantime.

Same, also trying for Diamante. I am missing 3 units in the game atm -- Diamante, Doffy and Corazon.
I have 190 STA, so i used a gem lol. It will go a long way :)

One gem for me is theoretically 4 more pulls but only under the conditions that the friends I choose are actually real 10 point rewarding captains, not ones that I already used but have the text refreshed. With a 200 friend max and a potential 10 points from each of them, you could feasibly get a maximum of 10 more pulls if all your friends are active and available on your friends list. Not bad for what is probably a 2 gem investment.

At this point, they would have to ban EVERYONE. It's just a matter of whether or not it's feasible and worth the effort to roll back peoples' inventories before the bug happened.

Kyou

yeah but like I said I'm paranoid

current plan is to hit the evening turtle time hard and evolve Whitey Bay, and probably get enough for another friend pull

yeah but like I said I'm paranoid

current plan is to hit the evening turtle time hard and evolve Whitey Bay, and probably get enough for another friend pull

Yes but you see, I'm not farming friend points. I'm farming Orange Town for baby seahorses to evolve my billion yellow pigs!

Kyou

Yes but you see, I'm not farming friend points. I'm farming Orange Town for baby seahorses to evolve my billion yellow pigs!

yes, Seahorses are important

045f82b40fa57073b0f0c4392e9e4648.gif

mileS

I have missed way too many Turtle Time's lately. Every time I think to check the timer site I found out I just missed one and the next one is coming up at 4:30am here :(

We need more choose your own times for these.

Tidd

Still not fixed? Slowly I believe this is a new feature. For me this would be a reason to go into maintenance and resume the service when the problem is solved.

Hana-Bi

Made one last pull after turtle time and got another Apoo and an useless sockets. Sadly no Doffy part 3 char from this sugo mess and sadly no Sugar.

I really hope we can keep those units. Really don't know how Bandai can fix this without erasing this whole day. Some people leveled up their units, replaced some sockets with new ones got skill ups...

And maybe this new feature should have been a surprise for us global players who still got no raid Z or SW chars... FP will get you rr silver and golds and the gems rr will get you only gold and red posters. :D Well yeah, no...

Still not fixed? Slowly I believe this is a new feature. For me this would be a reason to go into maintenance and resume the service when the problem is solved.

Remember how long it took them to add the images for the event details? Personally I'm hoping this lasts for either tomorrow or the next day when I get my 500 day bonus and get free friend points!

Heng

I'm getting an error message when using my FP. Maybe they shut it down until they've fixed it, it's just hard to see it actually going down due to too many people pulling.

Tidd

I'm getting an error message when using my FP. Maybe they shut it down until they've fixed it, it's just hard to see it actually going down due to too many people pulling.

Try again or restart the game. Wouldn't be the first error message I see today regarding this.

Did it say something like "character data not found - support number 400(68) or was it something else?

Heng

Try again or restart the game. Wouldn't be the first error message I see today regarding this.

Did it say something like "character data not found - support number 400(68) or was it something else?
"Do to heavy access, ally recruit functions are currently limited. Please try again in a little while.

Support tracking number: 511(0)"

I've reset the app, completely closed it, and even waited a few mins and it's still down.

bjork

Is GAF slow for anyone else btw?

It has been chugging badly for me for about two weeks now. It makes it hard to spend any real time here, because I'm getting like 1/3 of the activity done that I normally would.

Wouldn't it be fun if we get a

"End of support"

notice tomorrow? >.<

That was how BN did Drift Spirits in the west. There was an event that seemed pretty popular, it ended, and then there was no update about new content for maybe a week. Then they announced the end of service.

With the Crows game I've been playing on a JP account, Konami did a big event, added a bunch of new characters and new story stuff, then announced the end of service like one day later. Either it costs a lot to run a phone game, or they just don't care once they have your money.

Top Bottom