• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Heng

Is it safe to stop farming FP lol?
I would say so.

I had a feeling they would do this after I gem, and it was the reason I waited so long before I started farming. Oh well, losing 1 gem isn't that bad if we get to keep all the characters...

I would say so.

I had a feeling they would do this after I gem, and it was the reason I waited so long before I started farming. Oh well, losing 1 gem isn't that bad if we get to keep all the characters...

Same here. I got another Kumadori dupe out of it but I still have 100 stamina left. I guess now we just wait.

It really does need a name. Christmas in July is the easy one. I also like Laboon Day since we all got to be whales for a short time.

I think this all depends on whether or not we get to keep the units. It could be Christmas or it could be Laboon Sugo Simulator 2016.

Heng

Friend pulls are back... But so are the normal characters in that pool. It was nice while it lasted. Weird though, my device didn't get an update. I guess the problem was on their end rather than our devices?

chrono01

Friend pulls are back... But so are the normal characters in that pool. It was nice while it lasted. Weird though, my device didn't get an update. I guess the problem was on their end rather than our devices?
This is just a theory, but what if they're getting ready to roll out multi-pulls for Rare Recruits (so you can summon ten times with a single pull, like most gatcha games). Somewhere along the way, the code got mixed up and confused, to apply to the multi-pull for the Friend Recruit instead. I can't say for sure. Did anyone do single FP pulls, and if so, did you receive a gold poster out of it?

But yeah, sad to see it go for sure. Nice to see quite a few of us partake in their error, though. I can't see them rolling anything back, but you can never be too sure...

Kyou

This is just a theory, but what if they're getting ready to roll out multi-pulls for Rare Recruits (so you can summon ten times with a single pull, like most gatcha games). Somewhere along the way, the code got mixed up and confused, to apply to the multi-pull for the Friend Recruit instead. I can't say for sure. Did anyone do single FP pulls, and if so, did you receive a gold poster out of it?

But yeah, sad to see it go for sure. Nice to see quite a few of us partake in their error, though. I can't see them rolling anything back, but you can never be too sure...

I did some singles, got RR pulls from it

Heng

That's an interesting theory. One thing though, the multi-pulls already exist in the JP version, couldn't they have just used the code from that?

I also did 1 pull to test if it still worked before I gem'ed and got the QCK version of Chopper (which I didn't have, surprisingly). I really wanted Sugar :/

chrono01

Crushed in just two minutes. :/
Just like with traditional Sugofest pulls. :(

That's an interesting theory. One thing though, the multi-pulls already exist in the JP version, couldn't they have just used the code from that?

I also did 1 pull to test if it still worked before I gem'ed and got the QCK version of Chopper (which I didn't have, surprisingly). I really wanted Sugar :/
Oh, they have multi-pulls already? I had no idea!

So many people on Reddit worried about a roll-back. I don't personally think they will, but I'd be lying if I said that I didn't have a shred of worry in me.

Kumo

Well it was fun while it lasted. 8 new units for me. I really wanted Squard and Sugar but I'm not complaining at all. Even if we roll back, it was still fun doing so many damn pulls. I'll never be able to pull that many rare recruits in one sitting ever again. ;_;

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Hopefully they let us keep any sockets or skill ups we got from using our pulls

Come on, you fucked me over with the x2 skill up fuck up, at least let me get something this time!

I think I'm going to subscribe to Team "No rollback." There's really no way for them to account for resources put into new units to reimburse as we're actively playing the game. They might be able to compare what our boxes were before the bug but unless there's a way for them to instantaneously send out the reimbursement and calculate the reimbursements based on what the differences are between the box before the glitch and the box the exact instant they decide to do the roll back, there's really no way they accurately pull this off. I only say this because it took a long time for players to be reimbursed for the fake skill up event and the only information they had to parse then was the amount of beri spent and what units/skillbooks were spent on corresponding units and even then, this took several weeks to complete.

Kyou

I think I'm going to subscribe to Team "No rollback." There's really no way for them to account for resources put into new units to reimburse as we're actively playing the game. They might be able to compare what our boxes were before the bug but unless there's a way for them to instantaneously send out the reimbursement and calculate the reimbursements based on what the differences are between the box before the glitch and the box the exact instant they decide to do the roll back, there's really no way they accurately pull this off. I only say this because it took a long time for players to be reimbursed for the fake skill up event and the only information they had to parse then was the amount of beri spent and what units/skillbooks were spent on corresponding units and even then, this took several weeks to complete.

The only way I can see a rollback working is if they go "Okay we rolled back 24 hours, legitimate items used, experience gained and beli spent will be reimbursed in like 2 months once we sort this out"

but that seems like a herculean undertaking that might cost them more to pay people to do than to just let this slide

bonkeng

They'll get more backlash if they do a rollback.

Best and easiest for them to do is accept their mistake and just keep quiet.

But if they do rollback, compensation can't be just 1 gem lol.

Kyou

They'll get more backlash if they do a rollback.

Best and easiest for them to do is accept their mistake and just keep quiet.

But if they do rollback, compensation can't be just 1 gem lol.

It's good this happened on a monday too because rolling back would mean undoing turtle times.

Regular joes would be pissed

Part of me wants them to not even acknowledge that it even happen and just carry on as usual. It's a move I would like to become known as "the Zephyr."

mileS

Part of me wants them to not even acknowledge that it even happen and just carry on as usual. It's a move I would like to become known as "the Zephyr."
Lmao

Oh my. Only way they would roll back is if they managed to fix the problem within 2-3 hours. Who's to say really, I assume there hasn't been very many issues that are similar to compare here.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Lmao

Oh my. Only way they would roll back is if they managed to fix the problem within 2-3 hours. Who's to say really, I assume there hasn't been very many issues that are similar to compare here.

The longer they take to do a rollback, the worse off it will be... assuming that they would simply rewind the clock back to before the update. People are continuing to play beyond the bugged FP pulls at this point.

chrono01

The longer they take to do a rollback, the worse off it will be... assuming that they would simply rewind the block back to before the update. People are continuing to play beyond the bugged FP pulls at this point.
Yeah, if they were to do a rollback, they would have shut down the servers when the bug was discovered to prevent people from continuing to play. At this point, many players have leveled/evolved units, farmed characters through missions, and possibly even purchased/used in-game Dragon Stones for gatcha pulls and/or to replenish stamina. That's a lot of things to revert, if they do a rollback. The fact that the servers remained operational when they fixed the FP glitch, makes me think everything will remain as it is.

We can only hope...

If they take my Baby 5, Sugar, and Monet from me, there will be hell to pay!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
They could be trolling, posting an old screenshot. Out of all of the posts listed here, as well as on Reddit, no one else received a Legend character (unless I missed it).

Or maybe they're just crazy lucky.

Either is possible, haha.

Ah yeah that must be it, it wasn't even sugofest... probably a troll.

Kyou

I'd have believed it more if they showed a red poster on the fp screen, or showed it in a multipull, or showed it ahead of FP pulls in their box

Gonna just assume it's a troll

It's a troll. Imagine a sugofest where everyone on Reddit and GAF spends 500 gems and no one pulls a legend. Six hours later and some random guy shows up saying he pulled a legend with a screenshot that could have been taken during either of the previous sugos, or just cavalierly stolen off the internet. Statistically, this guy is full of shit.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It's a troll. Imagine a sugofest where everyone on Reddit and GAF spends 500 gems and no one pulls a legend. Six hours later and some random guy shows up saying he pulled a legend with a screenshot that could have been taken during either of the previous sugos, or just cavalierly stolen off the internet. Statistically, this guy is full of shit.

Pretty much. There's no way that people wouldn't have been posting legends all day if it were possible.

chrono01

so when do you guys think it's safe to assume we get to keep the characters

Tomorrow??
Yeah, I'd say if they don't have a post when the game updates into tomorrow (we get our Rainbow Gem for logging in), we'll for sure be keeping them.

Edit:

Update on the FP bug!

Notice regarding an Error in Friend Point Recruit

Thank you for Playing Treasure Cruise. On July 11th (16:30), access to Friend Point Recruit was restricted due to an error.

The restriction has been lifted and you can now access Friend Point Recruit as normal.

We will inform you with further details about the issue at a later time.

We apologize for any inconvenience this error may have caused you.
We hope you continue to enjoy playing Treasure Cruise.

The:

We will inform you with further details about the issue at a later time

mention makes me think we won't be getting a rollback. There's no way they would wait for a "later time" and then decide to roll everything back. If they were going to do it, they would have immediately initiated the rollback as quickly as possible.

So yes, good news!

bonkeng

Yeah, I'd say if they don't have a post when the game updates into tomorrow (we get our Rainbow Gem for logging in), we'll for sure be keeping them.

Edit:

Update on the FP bug!

Notice regarding an Error in Friend Point Recruit

Thank you for Playing Treasure Cruise. On July 11th (16:30), access to Friend Point Recruit was restricted due to an error.

The restriction has been lifted and you can now access Friend Point Recruit as normal.

We will inform you with further details about the issue at a later time.

We apologize for any inconvenience this error may have caused you.
We hope you continue to enjoy playing Treasure Cruise.

The:

We will inform you with further details about the issue at a later time

mention makes me think we won't be getting a rollback. There's no way they would wait for a "later time" and then decide to roll everything back. If they were going to do it, they would have immediately initiated the rollback as quickly as possible.

So yes, good news!

And will give us a gem for compensation.

Best stealth event so far.

Kyou

so rollback is definitely out of the question.

That only leaves removing ill-gotten characters as far as negative outcomes go. Do they even have the ability to do that? Remove specific characters pulled in a specific way in a specific timeframe?

chrono01

so rollback is definitely out of the question.

That only leaves removing ill-gotten characters as far as negative outcomes go. Do they even have the ability to do that? Remove specific characters pulled in a specific way in a specific timeframe?
According to Reddit, apparently they can (since they've done it before in the past), but this error seems to be on a completely different level.

While they probably could fix it, the amount of work (not to mention the anger/frustration caused to the players) probably wouldn't be worth it.

But I can't give them back now! They've already imprinted on me and I've taken them in as my own! YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO BREAK UP A FAMILY WOULD YOU, BANDAI??? No one likes an indian giver!

I'm hoping that the "inform you with details about the issue at a later time" will be like your parents telling you that they're not mad, just disappointed with you but you're not in trouble, you just have to live with the guilt (or pretend to).

bjork

I'm still not touching those characters until we know for sure. I can't see them actually doing it at this point, but if they did do a rollback, I'd like to be as unaffected as possible.

Kyou

According to Reddit, apparently they can (since they've done it before in the past), but this error seems to be on a completely different level.

While they probably could fix it, the amount of work (not to mention the anger/frustration caused to the players) probably wouldn't be worth it.

I've been thinking about the last time the big error happened that they had to fix (fake 2x skill up). It seemed like it took them a while to figure out a duct-tape and wire solution to give people their units back. It took time and effort to figure out what people did and they still had to send everything in a weird multi-hundred-unit-and-beri mail one at a time. I don't think we've seen any indication that they can go in and actually modify people's boxes to that extent yet.

Really hoping for a "We're very disappointed in all of you and would like to remind you that exploiting glitches is a bannable offense but we can't ban 80% of our active playerbase sooooooooo"

linkent

I'm still not touching those characters until we know for sure. I can't see them actually doing it at this point, but if they did do a rollback, I'd like to be as unaffected as possible.
The wisest thing to do IS to do something to those characters.
Use for socket, feed some exp to them, evolve them.
That make it harder for them to rollback.

They definitely cant afford to take away characters that is yours in the first place.

chrono01

They definitely cant afford to take away characters that is yours in the first place.
This is exactly what I did. I went through my list and fed at least one XP fodder to each rare unit.

MiTYH

Really hoping for a "We're very disappointed in all of you and would like to remind you that exploiting glitches is a bannable offense but we can't ban 80% of our active playerbase sooooooooo"

This is pretty much the only way I can see them going with things. They can't do a full rollback, it's been too long. They can probably pull units and sockets, but that would take a lot of time, to figure out which units were pulled and put where. the BIGGEST problem with this is that as time goes on, people will be feeding regular units/skillbooks/whatever to these units. So removing that units removes any EXP and whatnot you gave that unit. Are they going to give those back as well, and money too? Seems like way too much work.

bjork

If they were to take them back, I'd be out three spots on the character log, so it wouldn't be a total loss. I'm okay waiting, even after today's update message.

Eidjinn

I guess we get to keep the units. And 5 gems compensation.

If they were to take them back, I'd be out three spots on the character log, so it wouldn't be a total loss. I'm okay waiting, even after today's update message.

Actually, one reasonable thing to do would be to let us keep the units, because it was their error, but only give 5 gems to those who did not use the friend pull.

Roll back the server and there will be a lot of people sending tickets;

Take back those units...but with a 10 million user base? That sounds nearly impossible;

And the best possible way of solving this: those who did FP keep the units, but don't receive any compensantion, because that would be just too much.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
sounds like we won't get to keep them.

2016-07-1214_42_20-blcqovf.png

RIP

bzzt

Neo Member
sounds like we won't get to keep them.

2016-07-1214_42_20-blcqovf.png

RIP

Technically, we all used FP recruit that had Rare Recruit members. Was RR also bugged? Maybe they are giving back used gems on RR because people were getting them for free on FPR and RR people would've complained about wasted gems. At least that is what a I hope it is so I can keep those 5 shiny new units.

Top Bottom