• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

So I think you can use the meat on Boa and be done with her for now. Sure Boa raid dupes for sockets will give you some exp but I don't know if you can farm her that easily (since she is one of the hardest raids) and raid Boa is also a great sub, so you could focus on raid Boa first. A fully socketed Boa could take several months...

Strangely enough I think I'm in good shape for a future Boa raid. I'm fortunate enough to have both Ray and IntHawk and realistically with a maxed raid Kuma and 2 more skill ups on my Aokiji I'll probably have one of the best viable team comps for the raid.

RedBoot

Yeah, I'd have no issue using the meats on any legend. The only situation where it would be a problem would be if you happened to pull a different legend on the next sugo, and gosh darn if that ain't a nice problem to have. :p

bonkeng

Yeah, I'd have no issue using the meats on any legend. The only situation where it would be a problem would be if you happened to pull a different legend on the next sugo, and gosh darn if that ain't a nice problem to have. :p

Well that's a nice problem to have lol.

Any none dupe legend pull is always great, with or without meat.

LaNaranja

I really want monster Chopper. This team should be ok to beat him right? Unless I fudged the math this should be unbeatable assuming I can get to the final stage.

iiFwwi3.jpg

Heng

I really want monster Chopper. This team should be ok to beat him right? Unless I fudged the math this should be unbeatable assuming I can get to the final stage.
I think you have slightly too much health. Switch either Sanji or Crocodile with a blue crab and you should be able to clear it without a problem. Or you could go with the Princess Vivi version and will still be okay. Make sure your zombie team can survive with that ship since it also gives you extra health. You can always check if your zombie team is right by going to the 0 stamina, although the problem may be finding either Pell or Vivi.

You should try this team instead:

RedBoot

The 1/2 Stamina event mentions a Rush Hour in Extra Island, but there's nothing of the sort listed. Might be a typo, I suspect they just copied+pasted the text from the last time we had a 1/2 Stamina event.

And it looks like Thriller Bark Part 2 is due July 26th. Time to farm Giant Perona and Oars!

MiTYH

Intern: I got that "2x Special up for two weeks" graphic all done boss
Bandai Namco: *looks at fp recruit* I have a better idea

You know what? I'm okay with that. I got more out of the FP mixup than I did last special up. Plus I'm not hurting for space yet. I could go another month or so at least

bjork

So... if Thriller Bark 2 is coming soon, where does that put Nightmare Luffy? Think they'll save him for Halloween time?

MiTYH

So... if Thriller Bark 2 is coming soon, where does that put Nightmare Luffy? Think they'll save him for Halloween time?

At this rate we're still missing
Zephyr and
the Vice Admirals, then Nightmare Luffy. I'd place your guess as a safe bet. August will be Vice Admirals, October for Nightmare Luffy.

Although, now that we've got 2 raids a week (Ivankov this sunday night), who knows? They might speed it up.

MiTYH

Monster Chopper tonight, and mine is nowhere near done. What's the easy order? Double Enel?

Yup. I use Enel/Enel/GPU/three strong QCK units. Try to get anti-lock on there, maybe Ivankov for slots. Then I put story mode Zoan-Lucci and FN Kaku for bursting. Very easy team

mileS

I missed Enel last go around... Still don't have him. Last time for MC I believe I used Enel (friend) and Jozu lead. Takes a bit longer obviously but I think I had it down good enough to farm him.

RedBoot

They should just redo Zephyr as Daddy Masterson and put him out already.

He's technically kinda-sorta canon, so it would work. Though I still like my idea of swapping Zephyr for Eric the Whirlwind and Ain for Apis. :p

Anyway, as for upcoming raids, I suspect we'll see Buster Call very soon and Nightmare Luffy a little after Thriller Bark 2 comes. I'd like to see both of those and Kuma before we get Sabaody, but that might be too quick.

MiTYH

He's technically kinda-sorta canon, so it would work. Though I still like my idea of swapping Zephyr for Eric the Whirlwind and Ain for Apis. :p

Anyway, as for upcoming raids, I suspect we'll see Buster Call very soon and Nightmare Luffy a little after Thriller Bark 2 comes. I'd like to see both of those and Kuma before we get Sabaody, but that might be too quick.

Seeing as how they delayed Thriller Bark pt2, I don't think we'll get new story islands until mid-late september

bjork

Yup. I use Enel/Enel/GPU/three strong QCK units. Try to get anti-lock on there, maybe Ivankov for slots. Then I put story mode Zoan-Lucci and FN Kaku for bursting. Very easy team

Looks like it'll be Enel/Enel/GPU/Killer/Jinbe/Log Vivi for a QCK team with lock. I feel like I missed Chopper completely last time, can't remember.

This would totally work, but then you have to look at Eric the Whirlwind

Kyou

I guess I'll be lightly farming Chopper and Iva. Chopper is socketed but not quick skill maxed, and Iva is nearly skill maxed but not fully socketed

mileS

First time doing the Hina fortnight., This is probably the easiest one I've done yet. Hina seems like a really good unit as well. Too bad the real challenge is actually getting her to drop. It's really not fair how some of these fortnights are held back by 'well theres more than just the boss on the last stage so good luck with drops'

Heng

Ever since Monster Chopper came out, I've probably used him maybe 6 or 7 times outside of TT and none of those times did I need his special or any sockets. While he is a great unit, he seems mediocre with all the STR units with high attack especially his special. I'm probably not going to farm him tonight even though my MC isn't maxed level/socket. I don't even think I've used Ivankov once lol...

RedBoot

Ever since Monster Chopper came out, I've probably used him maybe 6 or 7 times outside of TT and none of those times did I need his special or any sockets. While he is a great unit, he seems mediocre with all the STR units with high attack especially his special. I'm probably not going to farm him tonight even though my MC isn't maxed level/socket. I don't even think I've used Ivankov once lol...

Monster Chopper is very much all about his captain ability. His skill is a nice bonus but not needed. Ultimately, I think he's intended as the DEX Turtle Time captain, as there's no "3xATK at full health" captain for STR like there is for the other colors. He gets use for Mihawk and Doffy raid teams, but I always found other methods to be more reliable.

As for Iva, I actually use him a ton. Four sockets, easy to farm, reasonable stats. He combos with Candy Sanji or Capone (if you have him) for a mostly-full board of QCK orbs. I usually toss him and Candy Sanji on any Raid Enel or Legend Marco team.

Kyou

Monster Chopper is very much all about his captain ability. His skill is a nice bonus but not needed. Ultimately, I think he's intended as the DEX Turtle Time captain, as there's no "3xATK at full health" captain for STR like there is for the other colors. He gets use for Mihawk and Doffy raid teams, but I always found other methods to be more reliable.

As for Iva, I actually use him a ton. Four sockets, easy to farm, reasonable stats. He combos with Candy Sanji or Capone (if you have him) for a mostly-full board of QCK orbs. I usually toss him and Candy Sanji on any Raid Enel or Legend Marco team.

Iva/Capone is a staple of pretty much any QCK team I make. Their super low cooldowns is a great bonus.

MiTYH

I believe I use MC for Doffy Raids now. The lower the skill cool down, the less I have to stall. It's not NEEDED, but it helps, especially when it could mean the difference between wasting 60 stamina

RedBoot

Interesting, Wanze's fortnight is getting Koala/Hack books instead of SW Robin and Franky. I had thought we'd get a couple of the characters we missed from the Halloween Fortnights (Foxy, Crocus, INT Franky), but I guess they're just going to move up the RR books over time. We should see INT Iva and Inazuma soon, followed by the CP9 books.

(When will I get my Foxy books, though?)

LaNaranja

I think you have slightly too much health. Switch either Sanji or Crocodile with a blue crab and you should be able to clear it without a problem. Or you could go with the Princess Vivi version and will still be okay. Make sure your zombie team can survive with that ship since it also gives you extra health. You can always check if your zombie team is right by going to the 0 stamina, although the problem may be finding either Pell or Vivi.

You should try this team instead:

Where the hell am I supposed to find a max level Eneru with 100 cotton candy?!?!? The way you all talk about teams here you make it sound like it is simple to get any character. Am I missing something or is that just something that comes from having played for a while? I only started about a month ago.

Anyway my team ended up working. :D

Heng

Where the hell am I supposed to find a max level Eneru with 100 cotton candy?!?!? The way you all talk about teams here you make it sound like it is simple to get any character. Am I missing something or is that just something that comes from having played for a while? I only started about a month ago.

Anyway my team ended up working. :D
There's quite a few people here with a maxed out Eneru with 100 candies, it's why I put him on the friend's slot. But it seems your team works out just fine, congrats dude.

Edit: Since you've started playing a month ago, you may not have many of us on your friend's list. Quote this to see the link to the spreadsheet with all our ID.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Story Magellan:
STR Powerhouse/Shooter
Captain ability: Boosts Shooter, Powerhouse, and Striker characters' ATK by 2.25x
Special: Cut all enemy HP by 20%, poisons all enemies (1 strongly)
3 sockets
CMB 5

interesting.

MiTYH

Story Magellan:
STR Powerhouse/Shooter
Captain ability: Boosts Shooter, Powerhouse, and Striker characters' ATK by 2.25x
3 sockets
CMB 5

interesting.

Dont know why I assumed he'd be INT. Probably because poison=purple, reason I still have trouble with Ace not being STR I suppose....

bjork

Someone on reddit found an image for 3D2Y on global, in a few days from now. I'm gonna sit a few sugos out, I think.

Also, I think I need to work on sockets, my QCK socket options are all woefully underleveled. I can hit 30s Chopper, but I whiff hard on the 40, heh.

MiTYH

Someone on reddit found an image for 3D2Y on global, in a few days from now. I'm gonna sit a few sugos out, I think.

Also, I think I need to work on sockets, my QCK socket options are all woefully underleveled. I can hit 30s Chopper, but I whiff hard on the 40, heh.

Clever of Bandai to release the first batch now during STR up, when people only want Zoro or Sanji.

I'll do one pull just because, but I'll wait for (A) the second batch, or (B) whenever we get multipulls. Thanks to holding off on sugos, I'm at 40 gems. This is the most I've had in a long time!

Tidd

Looks like the Sugo is from 07/19 - 07/21. Features the first batch of the 3D2Y Straw Hats, which are awesome!

For people who don't know what to expect:
Zoro is a 1.75x booster (2turns) for Slasher, also gives himself a matching orb and double boosted (great for everyone)
Sanji is the 2x booster for Powerhouse (great for people who have Legend Lucci)
Robin reduces the HP to 1, delays for one turn and deals fixed damage (awesome for Legend Croc)
Chopper is a psy booster 1.5 for 2 turns and heals for 5k (pretty meh)

BUT REMEMBER: We are expecting a new raid boss for the 07/24 because we know the raid bosses for the whole month except for this day!!

RedBoot

Bringing in new batches quickly is actually one of the best ways for Bamco to combat the 7/11 FP Glitch, since it gives us more reasons to pull. :p

I have Legend Croc, so I need need need 3D2Y Robin. This is a STR up though, so I'll probably hold off for now and just do a couple pulls. If she ever gets double-boosted, though, I'll probably use all my gems.

Wouldn't mind getting Zoro. He's a better Slasher booster than Koza, although Koza's cooldown is much, much lower, so they'll both get used.

Story Magellan:
STR Powerhouse/Shooter
3 sockets
CMB 5

interesting.

Barring Zephyr coming to global, he'd actually become one of the best Shooter captains we have. :p Kizaru and Colo Apoo are better, but both will be tough to farm.

Kyou

It's such a good feeling having a good team for a raid. I'm using Enel/Enel, Capone, Iva, Doflamingo and GP Usopp. Usopp's only real function is being weak and stalling because I can just OTKO Monster Chopper.

Hana-Bi

Well, I'll pull hard on this sugo. Need Robin asap so that I can farm for sockets if any Robin fortnights are coming. Sanji and Zoro are also awesome though Chopper might be only useful for my SW Shanks team.

RedBoot

Geez Bandai, slow the fuck down. On the bright side, we'll be really prepared for the coliseum when that finally hits. The coliseum is coming though, right? Bandai?

Japan got it after Wanze and around the Halloween fortnights, but before Breed, based on the Piratedex. So there's a good chance we'll see it soon.

We probably should have gotten it much earlier, as we've gotten most of the content earlier (we get story islands and sugo batches much earlier, while raids are a little more erratic), but I guess they wanted keep it closer to the fortnight schedule.

bjork

Holy smokes, Zeke. You go wild, I only have 11 units that are maxed, and two of those were via the EXP meat, haha. I lack the knowledge to make one big image like that, I should sit down and figure it out. It's fun to go see old screengrabs when I had like 30 guys, compared to now.

Kyou

do you guys think BN are actually trying to catch up with Japan?

it seems like they'll either have to skip fortnights or do some double fortnights if that's the case

RedBoot

do you guys think BN are actually trying to catch up with Japan?

it seems like they'll either have to skip fortnights or do some double fortnights if that's the case

I'm guessing they're speeding the sugos up temporarily since the SW replacements basically mean we have 2 more sugos in the tank that they need to fit somewhere.

They really can't speed up fortnights in any fair way. If they did two at once, and you needed to farm both, you'd have "less" time to do it.

Of course, since there's a handful of movie-based fortnights that we might not get on Global, we'll "catch up" a bit there. :p

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I'm going to go wild next sugo. My "main" team is slashers, and I also don't have any STR legends (the only type I don't have a legend for).

mileS

I find no matter what type happens to be boosted it never makes a difference in my pulls. Last time it was quick up I got 1 qck out of 12 pulls. It's usually like this ever sugo I happen to pull.

RedBoot

How is Squard not a slasher

He uses swords!

QCK Killer is a striker too, as is Colosseum Rebecca, whose skill is actually called Undefeated Sword Technique. :p

The answer is balance, they don't want a lot of strong QCK and PSY slashers for whatever reason.

Top Bottom