• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Heng

So I'm thinking of picking up this game to have something to play while recharging energy in FFBE. It looks like I want to create an account when something called Sugofest is running and one starts up tonight, right? If so, do I need to wait for that to create the account? Or is it that I just want to have an account while it's running so I can use the rainbow crystals to pull during it? I ask because I created an account last night and started working my way through the story and am wondering if that's ok and I can just pull once the Sugofest hits tonight, or if I should delete my account because you get a special pull during the tutorial or something if Sugofest is going on.

Also, any other tips for beginners? I looked things up some but all I really came across is make sure you take Usop to the golden hammer evolution or whatever it was called and to save rainbow crystal pulls for sugofest.
Sugofest is an event where you can pull a unit with a 6* form (think of Lightning and her ilk not being able to pulled outside this event). You don't have to reroll, but it really helps. There are some people here who has been playing for 400+ day without a legend (6*).

I personally would reroll and would aim to get either Log Luffy, Rayleigh, or Sengoku. Any legend would do but these 3 has great synergy with units at low levels and are still great at end game.

Tips for beginners: don't do story mode until it's 1/2 stamina day. In the mean time, you should run fortnights on the extra islands, they should open up after beating a certain point in the story. They give you the best rank XP per stamina.

MiTYH

Tips for beginners: don't do story mode until it's 1/2 stamina day. In the mean time, you should run fortnights on the extra islands, they should open up after beating a certain point in the story. They give you the best rank XP per stamina.

Personally, I don't think this is right. First, starting off, the level ups and free stamina happen very often, so play off 1/2 stamina isn't too bad. Second, I'd say play the first few story islands at a minimum -- most won't have a strong enough team to even take on the first, let alone the second, stage of a fortnight. Usually, Loguetown is the first "tough" island, so I'd go through story islands until there, then move to leveling up units and making a stronger team

Sugofest is an event where you can pull a unit with a 6* form (think of Lightning and her ilk not being able to pulled outside this event). You don't have to reroll, but it really helps. There are some people here who has been playing for 400+ day without a legend (6*).

I personally would reroll and would aim to get either Log Luffy, Rayleigh, or Sengoku. Any legend would do but these 3 has great synergy with units at low levels and are still great at end game.

So why would re rolling help? Is it for when Luffy's aunt gives him a crystal during the tutorial and forces you to summon? I got Ace but if I started over, I could potentially get a 6* instead on that tutorial roll? That's the only time I've ever rolled so I have the rainbow crystals hoarded up and that's why I'm not sure if a re-roll is necessary.

As for stamina, it's not an issue because I level up like crazy so it keeps resetting. I'll keep that in mind for when I finally get to a high enough level that this isn't the case. I figured story mode is useful right now because I get rainbow crystals for certain battles, no? I hit a brick wall at the final Buggy fight though, he kills my weak team every time ha I should note I haven't leveled anyone up but I figure these are all trash units so I shouldn't.

Also, could you confirm, Sugofest starts at 7pm PST?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So why would re rolling help? Is it for when Luffy's aunt gives him a crystal during the tutorial and forces you to summon? I got Ace but if I started over, I could potentially get a 6* instead on that tutorial roll? That's the only time I've ever rolled so I have the rainbow crystals hoarded up and that's why I'm not sure if a re-roll is necessary.

You get two free pulls (10 gems) upon restart, both in your mailbox: one from clicking 500 DOOMs in the download screen and the other as a part of completing the tutorial.

The reason re-rolling helps is because you can keep doing those two pulls until you have a Legend 6 star character in your character box. As Heng says, you're never guaranteed to get one, so it's possible that you'll pull a thousand times in future Sugofests and never get one, much less whichever one you want specifically.

You can only pull Legends during Sugofests, which should start in about 8 hours. You could wait until the Sugofest starts, use the gems you've accumulated thus far, and if you don't get anything good decide whether you want to re-roll or not.

You get two free pulls (10 gems) upon restart, both in your mailbox: one from clicking 500 DOOMs in the download screen and the other as a part of completing the tutorial.

The reason re-rolling helps is because you can keep doing those two pulls until you have a Legend 6 star character in your character box. As Heng says, you're never guaranteed to get one, so it's possible that you'll pull a thousand times in future Sugofests and never get one, much less whichever one you want specifically.

You can only pull Legends during Sugofests, which should start in about 8 hours. You could wait until the Sugofest starts, use the gems you've accumulated thus far, and if you don't get anything good decide whether you want to re-roll or not.

Ok so that is the case, thank you! I missed the one for hitting DOOM, I stepped away while it was downloading and saw that up for the last few seconds so only clicked it a couple times ha Didn't realize that was so important. Thanks for the excellent advice guys, I will yolo pull with all my crystals first once Sugofest hits and if I don't get anyone amazing I'll re-roll. Thanks again!

Heng

Personally, I don't think this is right. First, starting off, the level ups and free stamina happen very often, so play off 1/2 stamina isn't too bad. Second, I'd say play the first few story islands at a minimum -- most won't have a strong enough team to even take on the first, let alone the second, stage of a fortnight. Usually, Loguetown is the first "tough" island, so I'd go through story islands until there, then move to leveling up units and making a stronger team
As for stamina, it's not an issue because I level up like crazy so it keeps resetting. I'll keep that in mind for when I finally get to a high enough level that this isn't the case. I figured story mode is useful right now because I get rainbow crystals for certain battles, no? I hit a brick wall at the final Buggy fight though, he kills my weak team every time ha I should note I haven't leveled anyone up but I figure these are all trash units so I shouldn't.

Also, could you confirm, Sugofest starts at 7pm PST?
Yeah I didn't mean skip the story mode completely, I should have worded that better. Sooner or later, using your full stamina on story mode will no longer yield you a level. If you do decide to reroll, your limiting factor for progressing any further will likely be due to your crew cost limit being too low. Story mode usually provide no benefit (other than gems and a few great units but since it's so close to Sugofest, you should try to get as much gems as you can). Leveling up gives you either +2 crew cost or +1 stamina which would allow you to get more runs in.

Ultimately the 5/10 stamina fortnights don't yield that much xp compared to story mode so it doesn't matter what you choose to do with your stamina early in the game. 15/30 stamina is where you'll get the most XP per stamina and by the time you're able to clear that, you should prioritize fortnights over story mode unless it's either close to Sugofest or it's 1/2 stamina.

Kyou

I am so excited for the Colosseum

also how do the girls of summer levels work. Are they limited run or is it just going to be a secondary FN

chrono01

And to think, we've only had 5 tomes in total (there was a bundle where they gave you a free tomes when you bought gems).
Yeah, it's been a long time coming, that's for sure.

Once they make specific sockets easier to obtain, it'll be a very good thing. Trying to skill-up a character is bad enough. >_<

MiTYH

Finally doing my first multipull, needing just over half the boosted units. God help me, here we go!

- Ms. Valentine (dupe)
- Caesar
- PHY Chopper (dupe)
- 3D2Y Brook
- Bonney (dupe)
- Robin (dupe)
- Nami Fine Tempo (dupe)
- Guard Chopper (dupe)
- Pell (dupe)
- Urogue (dupe)

And the last one...

- Thatch!

So, could have been better, no legend is always sad, but some good units in here

So now's the time to pull, right? and I pray for White Beard, Log Luffy or 3rd Gear. Or would you not re-roll if you pulled Sengoku or Rayleigh?

RedBoot

Ok, let's see how the multipull goes...

HQrnb6M.png

Ok, that's fine. :p

Rest of the pulls:

-Hack (new)
-Hack (lol)
-SWS Zoro (dupe)
-Sanji (dupe)
-Nother Sanji (dupeji)
-Inazuma (new)
-Monet (new)
-Bon Clay (dupe)
-Bon Clay (dupe montage)

Free extra pull was Thatch (new).

So yeah, that was worth it. Five new units, including a legend and several units from my want list (Thatch, Hack, Monet). Good time. Now to stop pulling for months. :p

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Did two Multipulls on an alt account where I've just been accumulating gems:

-Blamenco
-Caeser
-Koala
-Killer
-Inazuma
-Shanks
-Fukuro
-INT Ivankov x2
-Fine Tempo Nami
-Whitey Bae
-Arm Point Chopper X2
-Abdullah and Jeet
-Hot Rock Chef Sanji
-Kalifa
-3D2Y Brook
-Thatch
-Pell
-Kaya

and Rayleigh as the second 11th pull.

All in all, those are pretty great.

So now's the time to pull, right? and I pray for White Beard, Log Luffy or 3rd Gear. Or would you not re-roll if you pulled Sengoku or Rayleigh?

Both Sengoku and Rayleigh are also extremely strong characters that are also very beginner friendly. I'd put both of those in the "keep it" category, along with Log Luffy or Whitebeard. G3 isn't a legend (though his damage output is better than a lot of them), but he's also probably a keeper.

Kumo

Did 2 multi-pulls:

New units for me are Leo, Don Sai, Giola, Namule, and Legend Doffy!! Overall pretty happy with that, just a little bummed I didn't manage to get Ivankov or Kalifa.

Also, 11 of my pulls out of 22 were QCK so I can vouch for the rate up. :p

Heng

Damn I was really hoping for INTvankov but I guess I'll settle for this:

Congrats to everyone who got their legends tonight (and for the next two days)! It's a shame I don't have any meat to feed him but at least I have a tome and +46 candy to feed him.

Edit: also the prophecy has been fulfilled, since I've already sacrificed 22 of his books.

Good lord, every re-roll I'm going to have to re-download the app, do the whole tutorial and wait for the doom tap download to finish? Tell me there's a faster way or at least a way to skip the tutorial (besides the skip that pops up in the corner for cinema) ;_;

So far on this first re-roll, I got a 5 star Marco which I'm guessing is pretty good but not worth saving when I have a chance at legends during this event, right? Still waiting for doom download to finish so maybe I'll get lucky and get Whitebeard here ;P You're son Marco is waving you in, Whitebeard /davechapellerickjames.gif

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Good lord, every re-roll I'm going to have to re-download the app, do the whole tutorial and wait for the doom tap download to finish? Tell me there's a faster way or at least a way to skip the tutorial (besides the skip that pops up in the corner for cinema) ;_;

So far on this first re-roll, I got a 5 star Marco which I'm guessing is pretty good but not worth saving when I have a chance at legends during this event, right? Still waiting for doom download to finish so maybe I'll get lucky and get Whitebeard here ;P You're son Marco is waving you in, Whitebeard /davechapellerickjames.gif

There's a way to speed things up if you opt to use an emulator like Nox, Droid4X, or Bluestacks. Here's a guide:
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/wiki/guides/reroll

Also, be sure to issue passwords for every account that you may want to keep. You can just save it in a document or something and refer to it later.

Heng

https://youtu.be/x0USbK13oPc

I'm going to be honest with you... Whitebeard isn't really that great. The condition for his captain ability requires you to be at <30% which means taking a bunch of hits or plan to get hit on specific stages. You'll also need units with damage reduction (which most are from fortnights anyways so you'll just have to wait for their island to show up). He's good but I honestly think most of the other legends have him beat.

Marco is a great sub (he really shines in Colosseum but that's WAAAAYYYY later) but he's not worth keeping that account.

https://youtu.be/x0USbK13oPc

I'm going to be honest with you... Whitebeard isn't really that great. The condition for his captain ability requires you to be at <30% which means taking a bunch of hits or plan to get hit on specific stages. You'll also need units with damage reduction (which most are from fortnights anyways so you'll just have to wait for their island to show up). He's good but I honestly think most of the other legends have him beat.

Marco is a great sub (he really shines in Colosseum but that's WAAAAYYYY later) but he's not worth keeping that account.

Who do I pray for then, friend? Who should I lust for the most? ;p

Heng

Who do I pray for then, friend? Who should I lust for the most? ;p
Log Luffy is the legend I consider as the best. Sengoku, INThawk, and Rayleigh would be the next especially for newer players. Then Fujitora, Bartolomeo, Doflamingo, Sabo, SW Shanks, SW Ace, and Lucci would be in the keep category as well.

Maybe I was a bit too harsh on WB. He can clear a good chunk of the raids but he's a pain in the ass to use. Stages on each raids have a bit of RNG that can really screw up your stalling.

RedBoot

Yeah, I think WB's still pretty strong, he's just not beginner-friendly at all.

He makes a great sub, though you need to do a lot of skill book farming to get him ready. I'd still love to pull him someday, but I suspect I'd be using him as a sub more than a captain.

Log Luffy is the legend I consider as the best. Sengoku, INThawk, and Rayleigh would be the next especially for newer players. Then Fujitora, Bartolomeo, Doflamingo, Sabo, SW Shanks, SW Ace, and Lucci would be in the keep category as well.

Maybe I was a bit too harsh on WB. He can clear a good chunk of the raids but he's a pain in the ass to use. Stages on each raids have a bit of RNG that can really screw up your stalling.

Thanks and dammit, I can't download One Piece with Nox. Looks like it's having trouble syncing with my Google account :(

I had exactly 50 gems and... not a good pull for me.

4* Three Thousand Worlds Zoro ( >_< )
4* Monet (Dupe)
4* Miss Valentine (Dupe)
4* Mr. Prince (Dupe)
4* Moria (Dupe)
4* Fossa (Dupe)
4* Kumadori (Dupe)
4* Jabra (Dupeish)
5* Happiness Punch Nami (Dupe)
4* Int Ivankov (New)
The +1 was: 4* Whitey Bay (Dupe)

Technically, 4* Jabra is new. However, I already pulled a 5* version of him previously.

I knew going in that it'd be a gamble, but I basically just spent 50 gems for Ivankov. :/

Kumo

I've seen a lot of this. I can't believe they fucked up the 11th pull thing AGAIN

Actually now that I think about it, I don't think X Drake was my free pull.... I THINK it was Thatch, but I can't say for sure because my memory is bad lol. My 2nd free pull was definitely Jabra. And looking at my box, it seems like when you sort multi-pulls by get date, it sorts them by type and not the actual order I got them. Probably a false alarm.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Actually now that I think about it, I don't think X Drake was my free pull.... I THINK it was Thatch, but I can't say for sure because my memory is bad lol. My 2nd free pull was definitely Jabra. And looking at my box, it seems like when you sort multi-pulls by get date, it sorts them by type and not the actual order I got them. Probably a false alarm.

Yeah, the Get Date sort isn't a reliable way to tell the order of pulling unfortunately.

There have been reports of others saying they're 11th pulls weren't boosted characters, but so far I don't think anyone's verified it.

Thanks and dammit, I can't download One Piece with Nox. Looks like it's having trouble syncing with my Google account :(

I tried re-rolling for a bit to try to snag a starter legend for you, but I didn't really have any luck. I managed to pull a G3 account, so if you aren't able to reroll yourself a legend account by the end of the Sugo, let me know.

Top Bottom