• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

I tried re-rolling for a bit to try to snag a starter legend for you, but I didn't really have any luck. I managed to pull a G3 account, so if you aren't able to reroll yourself a legend account by the end of the Sugo, let me know.

That's mighty kind of you sir! I can't for the life of me get this game to download in Nox. I finally resolved the sync error with my google account but Windows stated I needed to grant permission to download apps and I have no idea where to do that. The only remotely relevant setting in the google store settings was to require approval for downloads or not and that didn't make a difference. Is there somewhere you need to grant approval the first time you use Nox?

In the meantime, I've done a couple more re-rolls the slow way on my phone and this last time I ended up with a Third Gear Luffy. Wondering if I should just stick with this or keep trying for a legendary while this event is going on.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
That's mighty kind of you sir! I can't for the life of me get this game to download in Nox. I finally resolved the sync error with my google account but Windows stated I needed to grant permission to download apps and I have no idea where to do that. The only remotely relevant setting in the google store settings was to require approval for downloads or not and that didn't make a difference. Is there somewhere you need to grant approval the first time you use Nox?

In the meantime, I've done a couple more re-rolls the slow way on my phone and this last time I ended up with a Third Gear Luffy. Wondering if I should just stick with this or keep trying for a legendary while this event is going on.

I can't remember what the first time setup did, but I feel like you may have to tie a dummy google account to it or something. Are you using the rerolling App? I think you have to enable superuser via the settings in Nox- I believe by enabling the Root option.

It definitely doesn't hurt to keep trying while you just keep the ID+Password for your G3 account. You've got 48 hours, so you can do it pretty casually over the remainder of the event.

I can't remember what the first time setup did, but I feel like you may have to tie a dummy google account to it or something. Are you using the rerolling App? I think you have to enable superuser via the settings in Nox- I believe by enabling the Root option.

It definitely doesn't hurt to keep trying while you just keep the ID+Password for your G3 account. You've got 48 hours, so you can do it pretty casually over the remainder of the event.

I have root enabled for Nox but haven't tried the rerolling app because I don't even have Treasure Cruise on there yet. Treasure Cruise is what I'm trying to download onto Nox. It also decided to have a sync issue again so I threw my hands up in the air haha There's a gaffer in the FFBE thread that's really familiar with Nox I think so I'll see if I can get tips from them tomorrow or whenever they post some more.

Oh, you can save it separately? How do I store my G3 account so I can continue re-rolling?

Edit: Found where I can issue myself an account and password number. Thanks! Nothing to lose then :D Worst case, 3rd Gear is a top tier unit still, right? So awesome consolation prize? The OP for this thread makes it look like some consider him tops but I know things change quickly with power creep in these games.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I have root enabled for Nox but haven't tried the rerolling app because I don't even have Treasure Cruise on there yet. Treasure Cruise is what I'm trying to download onto Nox. It also decided to have a sync issue again so I threw my hands up in the air haha There's a gaffer in the FFBE thread that's really familiar with Nox I think so I'll see if I can get tips from them tomorrow or whenever they post some more.

Oh, you can save it separately? How do I store my G3 account so I can continue re-rolling?

Edit: Found where I can issue myself an account and password number. Thanks! Nothing to lose then :D Worst case, 3rd Gear is a top tier unit still, right? So awesome consolation prize? The OP for this thread makes it look like some consider him tops but I know things change quickly with power creep in these games.

Good luck with it. I just can't remember at the moment how to set that up. You could also try Droid4X or Bluestacks, though I hate Bluestacks with a passion.

OPTC is surprisingly good about power creep. Morerso than most gatcha games, from what I understand. Part of it might be that Bandai didn't recognize what would be overpowered in the meta going forward, but I like to think that the other part is a deliberate attempt at balance.

For example, Whitebeard, who was the first legend ever released is still one of the best legends in the game. He can still clear 100% of the current content on Global, and the vast majority of the future content. Same with Rayleigh, who was the second legend. And several of the Raidbosses are practically legend status in terms of power, and can be obtained for free as long as you can clear the raid.

This might be able to give you a loose approximation of the current meta in Japan and the ranking of legends in terms of content clearing power:
https://translate.google.com/transl...://xn--pck6bvfc.gamewith.jp/article/show/3829

Gear 3rd should fit your needs if you don't get a solid legend pull. He's basically legend status in terms of content clearing, so I wouldn't be too worried.

Hana-Bi

Made three multi pulls. Fake gold fest and two Giollas as my +1 poster. No legend but at least I got my blue chars I wanted: Gladius, Blue Gilly and Leo. So I'm good for now.

ah_hia

6 pulls. All duplicates.
3 baby 5
1 hit rock stew sanji
1 starter nami
1 normal jimbe
Do not pull. its not worth it.
all gold posters btw.

HabeeNo

Did the multipull, and even though I didnt get any legends, I'm pretty happy with the results :)

- Thatch (new)
- X-Drake(new)
- Jimbe (new)
- Plastic Surgery Sanji (urgh)
- Giolla (dupe...)
- CP9 Dark Justice Kalifa (new!)
- CP9 Dark Justice Jabra (new!)
- Gum Gum Bazooka Luffy (urgh...)
- Koza (urgh...)
- Mr. 2 Bon Clay (new!)

Plus 1:
Ceasar Clown (dupe lol)

Jayhawk

Did a multipull and got a few new units, including Baby 5 from the bonus pull. I also got a dupe Rayleigh. My 3rd dupe legend. lol

I need to start playing more again and get my units properly socketed.

I got almost all boosted units but whatever, multipull:

1. golden pound
2. delcavan dupe
3. x drake dupe
4. killer dupe
5. DJ sanji dupe
6. fukuro dupe
7. itvankov dupe
8. nokijko dupe
9. whitey bay dupe
10. Geko Moria, new!
11. hack dupe.

That was basically a complete waste aside from filling some unevolved slots for RR chars in my dex.

I guess in the future I should reserve multipull only for gold only legend boosted sugos with a boosted list that's 75%+ units I still need.

Kyou

I got almost all boosted units but whatever, multipull:

1. golden pound
2. delcavan dupe
3. x drake dupe
4. killer dupe
5. DJ sanji dupe
6. fukuro dupe
7. itvankov dupe
8. nokijko dupe
9. whitey bay dupe
10. Geko Moria, new!
11. hack dupe.

That was basically a complete waste aside from filling some unevolved slots for RR chars in my dex.

I guess in the future I should reserve multipull only for gold only legend boosted sugos with a boosted list that's 75%+ units I still need.

it wasnt even really the boosted list that fucked me over, I just got general garbage

really bummed about this one, I'd really like an Inthawk :(

it wasnt even really the boosted list that fucked me over, I just got general garbage

really bummed about this one, I'd really like an Inthawk :(

As someone who already as Inthawk and Log Luffy[x2] I just want to be one of those obnoxious gaffers that has 6 legendaries, is that too much to ask ... ?

On a serious note, with the exception of getting a new legend I generally consider a sugo "good" if at least 3/10 pulls are new, and at least 2 of those are units I specifically wanted: Think guys like mancherry, leo, sugar etc.

Kyou

As someone who already as Inthawk and Log Luffy[x2] I just want to be one of those obnoxious gaffers that has 6 legendaries, is that too much to ask ... ?

On a serious note, with the exception of getting a new legend I generally consider a sugo "good" if at least 3/10 pulls are new, and at least 2 of those are units I specifically wanted: Think guys like mancherry, leo, sugar etc.

I was hoping for Leo and the like, yeah. Starting to get some pretty big gaps in my pokedex and figured that'd help

but nope 3 namis and the one new one is Giorra

oh well, the next few weeks should be great in the game and overcome momentary disappointment

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

Dude, you are probably more obnoxious than anyone here with just your constant LL posts. :p

Dude, you are probably more obnoxious than anyone here with just your constant LL posts. :p

Now imagine if I had 6 legends. :3

oh well, the next few weeks should be great in the game and overcome momentary disappointment

Based on the posts by other people in this thread hunting for legend unit books I absolutely dread farming for LOG luffy books next week ...

I really want him skill maxed because his skill is universally great but by the sound of it his books are pretty rare. (and on average I'd need like 30 books to max him)

LaNaranja

I really want the 1st Division Commander. Is that really too much to ask? I did six pulls total.

Doma (dupe)
Hajrudin (new)
Whitey Bay (new)
Killer (new)
Jinbe (new)
Thatch (dupe)

Super happy with Hajrudin. He is a much better fit for my powerhouse team than Garp and he costs less too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
10+1 pulls.

Second Gear Luffy (dupe)
4x Giolla (dupes)
Gecko Moria (dupe)
Jabra (dupe)
Bubbles Khalifa (dupe)
2x Baby 5 (dupe)
Shitty Floral Shirt Zoro (dupe)

Awful Sugo for me. Just awful. 4x Giolla...smh

Majukun

done a multipull...only not dupes were gladius,thatch and hack...of course no caesar which is the one i need right now...

You should try having 9 legends and 3 dupes sometime, it's pretty cool.

But it's meaningless without a skill-maxed Doflamingo, I have to say.

Honestly I mostly want legends that'd make good subs for my other legends.

Inthawk would work well with Shanks as a sub, Log Luffy can use most units as subs so I'm sure there's plenty of combinations I can get to work there.

bjork

Honestly I mostly want legends that'd make good subs for my other legends.

Inthawk would work well with Shanks as a sub, Log Luffy can use most units as subs so I'm sure there's plenty of combinations I can get to work there.

Some of them definitely work better in those roles, yeah, and I'm bad at building good teams around captains in most cases. I can't seem to get a Driven team together that I like for Doflamingo, or a good shooter team for Ace, but they can work in a Rayleigh team a-ok.

On the whole though, I think more mileage can be earned from max lvl/skill/socket raid bosses, though. Seeing Maju have teams that roll raid bosses pretty much proves this out, since he just landed Fujitora very recently and didn't need him to progress as much as he has.

Some of them definitely work better in those roles, yeah, and I'm bad at building good teams around captains in most cases. I can't seem to get a Driven team together that I like for Doflamingo, or a good shooter team for Ace, but they can work in a Rayleigh team a-ok.

On the whole though, I think more mileage can be earned from max lvl/skill/socket raid bosses, though. Seeing Maju have teams that roll raid bosses pretty much proves this out, since he just landed Fujitora very recently and didn't need him to progress as much as he has.

Oh yeah, honestly I think that between Log Luffy & IntHawk (at least until I can get inthawk's skill level to a less ridiculous level) I honestly have all the legends I "Need" for clearing content.

I think most super high tier teams use a combination of raid boss, rare recruit & legends tbh.

Like my INThawk team isn't perfect because I haven't pulled 3D2Y Zoro yet, who'd be an amazing slasher booster to put on that team. Simultaneously my LOG Luffy's capability to clear certain content is entirely reliant on having the right subs.

e.g. whitebeard forest is really tricky for me as I never pulled wolfstream zoro until recently.

bjork

This thread always reminds me that I haven't done WB's forest yet. I have the next two nights off, I should sit down and do that once and for all.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
This thread always reminds me that I haven't done WB's forest yet. I have the next two nights off, I should sit down and do that once and for all.

I really should get to it too but im not really in the mood :/

Also horrible sugo for me. Congrats to the legend pullers.

unrBNDq.jpg

This screencap also serves to accurately depict my sugofest luck in recent months.

Hana-Bi

I really need to stop pulling for a while... With this sugo and Leo, Blue Gilly and Gladius as new chars out of three multipulls the only rr units I don't have (without counting special rr units or log units) are:

Kyros
Ricky
Abdullah and Jeet
Don Chinjao
Dellinger
Machvise

With this I'd only pull for legends I probably won't get. Hopefully the next batches aren't tempting so I can wait until the anniversary sugo...

Jupiter

If anyone needs a New account, I still have one with 5 Legends. Rob Lucci, Boa hancock, Rayleigh, Sabo and Sir Croc. Account is Pirate Level 5. Also a bunch of others from various pulls.

Hana-Bi

If anyone needs a New account, I still have one with 5 Legends. Rob Lucci, Boa hancock, Rayleigh, Sabo and Sir Croc. Account is Pirate Level 5. Also a bunch of others from various pulls.

I would take this account for my cousin. If possible of course. :) He downloaded the game today and would have quite the head start.

Heng

Damn, 5 legends on one account?! Did you put any money into that account?

Edit: Nvm someone else actually needs it.

MANUELF

Banned
I managed to beat Loguetown, that was definitely a HUGE rise in difficulty, especially Smoker, who though it was a great idea to have Smoker hit first for 4500 damage was evil, luckily I had more HP than that and he didnt lock any of my strenght units but Diamante was the MVP, his special made him lose 100k alone

PS: since after beating it you get 5 gems I did another pull and got Inazuma

bjork

I managed to beat Loguetown, that was definitely a HUGE rise in difficulty, especially Smoker, who though it was a great idea to have Smoker hit first for 4500 damage was evil, luckily I had more HP than that and he didnt lock any of my strenght units but Diamante was the MVP, his special made him lose 100k alone

PS: since after beating it you get 5 gems I did another pull and got Inazuma

I forget, but I think every island after Loguetown gives 5 gems and a few give 10?

bjork

Yolo'd a Trebol, so there's another two spots I'll fill in on the old character log. It's a shame that I'll never fill it, since that was my initial goal.

MANUELF

Banned
I forget, but I think every island after Loguetown gives 5 gems and a few give 10?

Really?
Maybe I should play more while the sugo is ongoing......

Also my team is
-Gum Gum Bazooka Luffy
- Diamante
- Pound Phoenix Zoro(Been thinking about replacing him)
- Plastic Surgery Shot Sanji
- Golden Pound Usopp

Is that ok or should I change my team? My MAX cost is 60

Finally got Nox working late last night but no luck in pulling a Legend yet. At least I'm starting to see different units so maybe one is coming...maybe!

In the meantime, I have one account I pulled a 3rd Gear Luffy with and another account that I pulled Ivan and Jimbo with. Which of the two would be better if I don't pull a legend before the event ends?

Also, if I create a Google Games account, will it quit nagging me every time I re-roll?

Yolo'd a Trebol, so there's another two spots I'll fill in on the old character log. It's a shame that I'll never fill it, since that was my initial goal.

Yeah I hate how there's literally unobtainable units in the game now ... /:

As someone who'd love to complete the dex as much as possible I really wish they'd crop out slots for unobtainables if people never got them.

Heng

Finally got Nox working late last night but no luck in pulling a Legend yet. At least I'm starting to see different units so maybe one is coming...maybe!

In the meantime, I have one account I pulled a 3rd Gear Luffy with and another account that I pulled Ivan and Jimbo with. Which of the two would be better if I don't pull a legend before the event ends?

Also, if I create a Google Games account, will it quit nagging me every time I re-roll?
G3 is considered better but it's not new user friendly. Jimbe has good synergy with Ivankov and will be easier to play with. I would still say G3 would be best because his damage comes really close to the other legends, if not better.

G3 is considered better but it's not new user friendly. Jimbe has good synergy with Ivankov and will be easier to play with. I would still say G3 would be best because his damage comes really close to the other legends, if not better.

Thanks, I'm not worried about landing perfects, I'm pretty good at it and there's plenty of practice working my way through the story anyway when I get going. I knew both of those other characters were good so didn't know if they'd outweigh G3. Thanks again. Hopefully I just get a good legend before the event ends ;P

Thanks, I'm not worried about landing perfects, I'm pretty good at it and there's plenty of practice working my way through the story anyway when I get going. I knew both of those other characters were good so didn't know if they'd outweigh G3. Thanks again. Hopefully I just get a good legend before the event ends ;P

G3 is considered superior to some legends and can clear a ton of content, if you feel comfortable hitting perfects its one of the best units to hope for.

Kyou was begging for G3 for months.

I'm considering rerolling. Kind of crazy, considering the fact that I've been playing for so long, but having no useful legend (bah, Boa) has really impacted my enjoyment of the game. I lasted a long time with my Mihawk slasher team, but I dunno, it's just been extremely hard to stay motivated here lately. I didn't play for 1.5-2 months, thinking that I would get motivated again, but it's just not happened.

Contrast that with my JPN account, where I have 5 legends. I play it all the time, because there are so many different options to play around with.

I know, I'm whining, but who else am I going to whine to about it?

MiTYH

I'm considering rerolling. Kind of crazy, considering the fact that I've been playing for so long, but having no useful legend (bah, Boa) has really impacted my enjoyment of the game. I lasted a long time with my Mihawk slasher team, but I dunno, it's just been extremely hard to stay motivated here lately. I didn't play for 1.5-2 months, thinking that I would get motivated again, but it's just not happened.

Contrast that with my JPN account, where I have 5 legends. I play it all the time, because there are so many different options to play around with.

I know, I'm whining, but who else am I going to whine to about it?

Honestly, if you have JPN and Global, why not take a break from global? Check in daily for the gems, but focus on JPN. When Colosseum comes out, I'm sure they'll be another sugo to get you new units or something.

I take a "break" every now and then with these games. By break I mean check in, use up stamina on 30-fortnights that are quick, and move on, not caring about farming or if I waste EXP

G3 is considered superior to some legends and can clear a ton of content, if you feel comfortable hitting perfects its one of the best units to hope for.

Kyou was begging for G3 for months.

Nice, great to know I have a stud worth going forward with no matter what. So in that case, which characters should I be hoping for in this event? Which legends are flat out better than G3? It looks like Log Luffy would be the best but who else? A few people on here played White Beard down, Rayleigh seems like a more forgiving, but worse unit than G3? Would Sengoku be better?

Nice, great to know I have a stud worth going forward with no matter what. So in that case, which characters should I be hoping for in this event? Which legends are flat out better than G3? It looks like Log Luffy would be the best but who else? A few people on here played White Beard down, Rayleigh seems like a more forgiving, but worse unit than G3? Would Sengoku be better?

Sengoku is honestly probably the very best Legend to have for beginners, hands down. He destroys Fortnights and can even clear a decent amount of Raid Bosses. His weakness is that he isn't as strong as other legends during the late game, but he'll always be useful.

Rayleigh is also really strong for beginners and is also a little more useful during the late game. I wouldn't necessarily say he's worse than G3, but he does do less damage in most instances.

Whitebeard is not a good unit for beginners, at all. He's kind of a pain in the butt for even veteran players, but he's definitely strong. Makes an awesome sub too.

bjork

Really?
Maybe I should play more while the sugo is ongoing......

Also my team is
-Gum Gum Bazooka Luffy
- Diamante
- Pound Phoenix Zoro(Been thinking about replacing him)
- Plastic Surgery Shot Sanji
- Golden Pound Usopp

Is that ok or should I change my team? My MAX cost is 60

What does your box look like? Only Luffy and Diamante are getting the benefit of Luffy's captain ability, though Diamante is pretty great unit. But a captain with an ability that can benefit more types or even classes, could make some of the stages you're at now a little less stressful.

Top Bottom