• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Nice, great to know I have a stud worth going forward with no matter what. So in that case, which characters should I be hoping for in this event? Which legends are flat out better than G3? It looks like Log Luffy would be the best but who else? A few people on here played White Beard down, Rayleigh seems like a more forgiving, but worse unit than G3? Would Sengoku be better?

It's mostly a matter of efficiency. Yes, Log Luffy is pretty much a straight upgrade to G3, however there is certain content that is straight up better or easier to do with G3 because Bandai's balancing of future events by adding things like Perfect shields on enemies. Similarly, Rayleigh does less damage than G3 as a whole (though it's still huge) but is also INT cerebral, which is just straight up easier and better for certain content, like Boa raid. Bandai usually throws interesting twists to content to handicap certain units, such as combo limiters in battles for Rayleigh.

The nice thing about the game is that it isn't one size fits all. Eventually, you'll want a number of different high level units for different utility.

In terms of raw damage output on a rainbow team, the only character on Global that beats G3 is Log Luffy, I believe. But raw damage doesn't tell the whole story. That said, G3 is a fantastic starter for early and late game, and will carry you through all the content on global currently.

Sengoku is honestly probably the very best Legend to have for beginners, hands down. He destroys Fortnights and can even clear a decent amount of Raid Bosses. His weakness is that he isn't as strong as other legends during the late game, but he'll always be useful.

Rayleigh is also really strong for beginners and is also a little more useful during the late game. I wouldn't necessarily say he's worse than G3, but he does do less damage in most instances.

Whitebeard is not a good unit for beginners, at all. He's kind of a pain in the butt for even veteran players, but he's definitely strong. Makes an awesome sub too.

It's mostly a matter of efficiency. Yes, Log Luffy is pretty much a straight upgrade to G3, however there is certain content that is straight up better or easier to do with G3 because Bandai's balancing of future events by adding things like Perfect shields on enemies. Similarly, Rayleigh does less damage than G3 as a whole (though it's still huge) but is also INT cerebral, which is just straight up easier and better for certain content, like Boa raid. Bandai usually throws interesting twists to content to handicap certain units, such as combo limiters in battles for Rayleigh.

The nice thing about the game is that it isn't one size fits all. Eventually, you'll want a number of different high level units for different utility.

In terms of raw damage output on a rainbow team, the only character on Global that beats G3 is Log Luffy, I believe. But raw damage doesn't tell the whole story. That said, G3 is a fantastic starter for early and late game, and will carry you through all the content on global currently.

Oh I'm not worried about what's easier early on, if I play this for the long haul, I'd care about how much content they can handle and is still useful in the late game. I know they're all great because they are legends and I know I'll want a balanced team, for the purposes of just starting out though, where I'm likely only going to have one good character with my pull, my real question is if there's any unit that you would pick over G3 Luffy? If I get Log, looks like he's a given but anyone else you would choose over him?

MANUELF

Banned
What does your box look like? Only Luffy and Diamante are getting the benefit of Luffy's captain ability, though Diamante is pretty great unit. But a captain with an ability that can benefit more types or even classes, could make some of the stages you're at now a little less stressful.

I have Arm Point Chopper, Hack, Chaka, Streaming Wolf Swords Zoro, Calming Green Miss Goldenweek, Caesar Clown, Brook, Bellmere, Hot Rock Stew Sanji, Inazuma, Rich Girl Kaya, Bride Nami, Usopp, Franky, Cabin Boy Coby, Tornado Tempo Nami, Hawkins, Nami, Franky Family Franky, Hotori and Kotori, Breed.

Heng

I'm considering rerolling. Kind of crazy, considering the fact that I've been playing for so long, but having no useful legend (bah, Boa) has really impacted my enjoyment of the game. I lasted a long time with my Mihawk slasher team, but I dunno, it's just been extremely hard to stay motivated here lately. I didn't play for 1.5-2 months, thinking that I would get motivated again, but it's just not happened.
Honestly, if you have JPN and Global, why not take a break from global? Check in daily for the gems, but focus on JPN. When Colosseum comes out, I'm sure they'll be another sugo to get you new units or something.
I would also suggest this, just play it casually and just keep saving up gems (preferably for 2 year anniversary, we may get a Sugofest as good as JP). You could also start a new account on the side and decide to switch if your main account doesn't improve in a few months.

If I get Log, looks like he's a given but anyone else you would choose over him?
Sengoku, Rayleigh, Fujitora, Bartolomeo, Sabo, Lucci, Doflamingo, SW Shanks, and SW Ace. As Guardian has said, raw damage isn't everything. G3 is still a 4/5* unit so naturally he'll be easier to pull compared to any other legends.

I have Arm Point Chopper, Hack, Chaka, Streaming Wolf Swords Zoro, Calming Green Miss Goldenweek, Caesar Clown, Brook, Bellmere, Hot Rock Stew Sanji, Inazuma, Rich Girl Kaya, Bride Nami, Usopp, Franky, Cabin Boy Coby, Tornado Tempo Nami, Hawkins, Nami, Franky Family Franky, Hotori and Kotori, Breed.
Go with Luffy (captain), Diamante, Hack, Arm Point Chopper, and GP Usopp. If you don't have enough crew cost, switch Diamante with Chaka.

Sengoku, Rayleigh, Fujitora, Bartolomeo, Sabo, Lucci, Doflamingo, SW Shanks, and SW Ace. As Guardian has said, raw damage isn't everything. G3 is still a 4/5* unit so naturally he'll be easier to pull compared to any other legends.

So you do think Sengoku and Rayleigh are better, eh? Oooh I didn't know about all those other legends because I was just going off of the OP for this thread. Didn't know what was only out in Japan versus Global. What does SW stand for for Shanks and Ace? Thanks for the recommends! Good to know that if I can't land a legend 3G is still a beast.

bjork

CC island today was 7 HP, 6 ATK, 7 RCV. Still better than nothing, but I wish I could run it faster.

I think Heng is right for now, with the STR team. They'll benefit from Luffy's lead until your cost increaes, and more options will open up for you.

You've got pieces of teams for Driven and Cerebral crews, so you're on your way.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So you do think Sengoku and Rayleigh are better, eh? Oooh I didn't know about all those other legends because I was just going off of the OP for this thread. Didn't know what was only out in Japan versus Global. What does SW stand for for Shanks and Ace? Thanks for the recommends! Good to know that if I can't land a legend 3G is still a beast.

The tier list in the OP is completely outdated. All of those characters are still amazing, but we have a ton more legends in the mix now. SW stands for Strong World. Those would be the Black Clad 6 star versions of Ace and Shanks.

Legends are notoriously difficult to pull and can only be pulled during Sugofests, so that's why people suggest trying to get one via rerolling. If there's a particular character you like, then I'd suggest rerolling for that legend because there's a good chance you'd never pull them naturally, especially if you're f2p.

I started with a Boa account because I really like Boa. She's generally considered a weaker legend (though one of the best subs in the game). And I haven't pulled a Boa since, so I don't regret it for a second. Then again, I did manage to pull G3 a few months in, but still you can really handle the majority of what the game has to offer via farmable units.

Heng

http://optc-db.github.io
This site is a pretty good database, you can look for specific characters and calculate how much damage you can do in a turn (this is important for raids, not so much for fortnights).

Japan is about a year ahead of us. We usually get what they get, but sometimes we don't (RIP Zephyr ._.). SW means Strong World. There's 2 versions of Shanks and 2 versions of Ace. When you pull SW Shanks/Ace, they should come in red posters (every legends are red posters).

Tidd

Kuma has been announced! This Thursday!

YES! better than NM Luffy, who we should get around halloween I guess.

That would mean that we also get Boa before. I guess everyone should max Kuma this time because he gives you matching orbs against Boa. :)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
how difficult is Kuma?

You can stall indefinitely on his stage 4, so most QCK teams will be able to take him out, even with high cooldown Enels. He completely removes one of your bottom two characters on turn 1. I think I'm going to run this team:

SqxxKS7.png

Kuma has 3.2 million health, so this almost one shots him. Thatch will probably give some good orbs in the next turn, and I can activate Marco special for a second orb burst.

You can stall indefinitely on his stage 4, so most QCK teams will be able to take him out, even with high cooldown Enels. He completely removes one of your bottom two characters on turn 1. I think I'm going to run this team:

SqxxKS7.png

Kuma has 3.2 million health, so this almost one shots him. Thatch will probably give some good orbs in the next turn, and I can activate Marco special for a second orb burst.

Using Enel's special invalidates your captain ability. Just bring Kaku and put Thatch in the bottom row since you activate his special before the boss stage. Use Doffy on the first turn and Kaku on the 2ND for a 2-turn KO. Stalling for Marco's special is a waste of time.

Kyou

how to lose 60 stamina, a tale in three parts

Part 1: Time to run Enel some more. I wrote down my team and everything!

Part 2: I did everything exactly right, how come I got to enel only being able to stall two turns?!

Part 3:
jxx1JP5.jpg

I don't have any blue legends or Thatch, can I still beat it? :3

Enel teams with a few orb boosters and maybe an orb changer shouldn't have a problem beating it. Even an Enel/Marco team.

Damn probably won't be able to farm enough Kuma copies this week. And I need two maxed Kumas...

It's your own damn fault for pulling a legend Croc! I've got a Lucci so I'll be socketting for heal orbs since it's advised for powerhouse teams. Also, this is how I plan on tricking the game into letting me pull a legend Croc.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
60 sta Enel is so damn easy with

Doffy, Mihawk, Mihawk, Ms.Doublefinger, Law and Apoo.

You can one shot him after all specials are ready.

Hana-Bi

It's your own damn fault for pulling a legend Croc! I've got a Lucci so I'll be socketting for heal orbs since it's advised for powerhouse teams. Also, this is how I plan on tricking the game into letting me pull a legend Croc.

I know. And I have to live with that. :(

Since I've got Lucci too, what sockets are good for my second Kuma? With Jabra and Sanji I should max bind/despair so heal/orb/cd?

I know. And I have to live with that. :(

Since I've got Lucci too, what sockets are good for my second Kuma? With Jabra and Sanji I should max bind/despair so heal/orb/cd?

Orb is redundant on powerhouse units. Between Lucci, Breed, Kuma, and Pica, you're not going to have orb issues. I'd go with heal/CD/lock. Powerhouse units suffer from longer cooldowns so CD is advisable and since Lucci negates recovery, healing is a must. Lock is the next best option.

MiTYH

I am SUUUPPPPPERR happy I pulled Thatch this sugo, just in time for this raid! Gonna have to look at non-QCKlegend teams.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Using Enel's special invalidates your captain ability. Just bring Kaku and put Thatch in the bottom row since you activate his special before the boss stage. Use Doffy on the first turn and Kaku on the 2ND for a 2-turn KO. Stalling for Marco's special is a waste of time.

Boa heals back, though, to reactivate the captain ability. You're saying to swap the penguin for Kaku?
Or Enel for Kaku?

bjork

Btw isn't there a dual box kaku team that absolutely destroys Enel?

I've heard of it once or twice.

I'm interested in this too. I've pulled Box Kaku like 4-5x

[edit - I'm not sure which specials are enhanced by Kaku's ability. It says it doubles DEX attack and special damage, but I think it's only for nuke specials? Mihawk didn't do 60% all of a sudden.]

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm interested in this too. I've pulled Box Kaku like 4-5x

[edit - I'm not sure which specials are enhanced by Kaku's ability. It says it doubles DEX attack and special damage, but I think it's only for nuke specials? Mihawk didn't do 60% all of a sudden.]

It doesn't work for fixed damage or fixed percentage specials. Its like Fossa. It does work on Kaku's own special.

bjork

It doesn't work for fixed damage or fixed percentage specials. Its like Fossa. It does work on Kaku's own special.

So it works on "random damage" and "#x" ones? That makes building the team a bit easier.

I did have Kaku's special hit for 485k, which is more than Raid Mihawk's, so I can definitely see the appeal.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
After yesterday's shit-tastic Sugo set of pulls, I did one more. Fuckin Rayleigh, a dupe. Uguu!

bjork

Goddammit. I managed to do the worst possible thing with him.

That Damage Reduction 1/5 is gonna pay off, yeah...

I did it with my first legend dupe, which was a Sengoku. After that I figured they don't eat up enough box space to feed right away, unless they guaranteed the proper socket and a skill up. Plus I don't use like 95% of my units anyway, so here we are.

Heng

Is the unit he vanishes fixed? Like bottom left or bottom right? Or it can be either like BlackBeard's lock?
Kuma? From the few videos I've seen, it's always bottom right but a guide said it was random bottom.

Ugh I hate Enel & Aokiji's raids both.

I really don't have a good feeling for either of them.
https://youtu.be/6RLytWostd8
Put your log Luffy into use! You can substitute Mihawk with Law or Doublefinger.

ReaperXL7

Man, I've Been trying all weekend to pull something good. I enjoy the game from what I can tell but having to slog through the tutorial every time and then that big download is driving me crazy.

I can't really tell, does anyone know if the Sugofest is also active for your first pull during the tutorial?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I just needed 2 special levels so I opted to Yolo feed Enels. I figured that what I would save on box space would help more than being slightly inefficient. Got him maxed! I still need to work on sockets, but I'll just do that casually over time.

Man, I've Been trying all weekend to pull something good. I enjoy the game from what I can tell but having to slog through the tutorial every time and then that big download is driving me crazy.

I can't really tell, does anyone know if the Sugofest is also active for your first pull during the tutorial?

It should still count as a sugopull. Using a PC emulator is a lot faster for rerolling purposes. There's a reddit guide linked a few pages back.

The tier list in the OP is completely outdated. All of those characters are still amazing, but we have a ton more legends in the mix now. SW stands for Strong World. Those would be the Black Clad 6 star versions of Ace and Shanks.

Legends are notoriously difficult to pull and can only be pulled during Sugofests, so that's why people suggest trying to get one via rerolling. If there's a particular character you like, then I'd suggest rerolling for that legend because there's a good chance you'd never pull them naturally, especially if you're f2p.

I started with a Boa account because I really like Boa. She's generally considered a weaker legend (though one of the best subs in the game). And I haven't pulled a Boa since, so I don't regret it for a second. Then again, I did manage to pull G3 a few months in, but still you can really handle the majority of what the game has to offer via farmable units.

http://optc-db.github.io
This site is a pretty good database, you can look for specific characters and calculate how much damage you can do in a turn (this is important for raids, not so much for fortnights).

Japan is about a year ahead of us. We usually get what they get, but sometimes we don't (RIP Zephyr ._.). SW means Strong World. There's 2 versions of Shanks and 2 versions of Ace. When you pull SW Shanks/Ace, they should come in red posters (every legends are red posters).
Thanks so much guys, I really appreciate your patience with me. I'm starting to think the Legends are myths though, I've re-rolled an obscene amount of times and have yet to see one (I know, they are super rare). Alas, I can't not use Nox while at work ;p

bjork

I just needed 2 special levels so I opted to Yolo feed Enels. I figured that what I would save on box space would help more than being slightly inefficient. Got him maxed! I still need to work on sockets, but I'll just do that casually over time

what's the team you're using? I'm right on the cusp of a p-lvl up so I'm waiting out the clock, but I'm just trying different teams on the 30 to see what might be pretty decent.

Thanks so much guys, I really appreciate your patience with me. I'm starting to think the Legends are myths though, I've re-rolled an obscene amount of times and have yet to see one (I know, they are super rare). Alas, I can't not use Nox while at work ;p

Even if you don't get one, G3 is arguably the best RR you can get outside of a sugo, so you're good to go. Then it's just a matter of snagging Mihawk and Doflamingo when their raids come through, and you've got the key pieces for most/all of the story content and probably 80%+ of the raids and fortnights. I started the day this came out, and my two pulls were Hot Rock Stew Sanji and Guard Point Chopper, with no legend until about day 400+. Maju just got his first one a couple weeks ago, so it really can be an elusive thing.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
what's the team you're using? I'm right on the cusp of a p-lvl up so I'm waiting out the clock, but I'm just trying different teams on the 30 to see what might be pretty decent.

I'm using a super safe double Doffy team. Technically I could go Mihawk/Doffy which would be faster, but I just kind of want to farm him casually now.

Doffy/Doffy, Mihawk, Law, Koza, GPU with maxed Coffin Boat. It's pretty standard fare. I have specials for Doffy and Mihawk maxed, but it's actually not necessary with this team because the surplus health lets you tank hits from Enel. You'll likely have over 60,000 health going into the boss stage. Then it's just a matter of whittling down his health close to 50%, popping GPU after he does a reshuffle, then bursting him.

Koza can be replaced by Ms. Doublefinger. Law can be replaced by a DEX orb manipulator. Alternatively, you can "reroll" Enel's "All shall return to nothing" orb reshuffle attack by restarting until you get enough DEX orbs.

bjork

I'm gonna give this a go, I completely forgot about Koza and he's one of the few units I've got max level and sockets on.

Kyou

I'm just using the ol Doffy-Mihawk/Mihawk/Law/Doublefinger/GP team

it's really annoying switching to a dummy Mihawk lead team after each go just to get mihawks on my friend list

RedBoot

Kuma showing up this week is unexpected. Kinda screws with my box space plans, too. At this rate I'll either have to ditch some of the books I'm hoarding for characters I don't have, or hope for a box space increase after 5.0 comes out.

I haven't looked up any info on his raid yet, but I'm pretty glad the Thatch I pulled during the sugo was evolved. Should be able to handle him.

Even if you don't get one, G3 is arguably the best RR you can get outside of a sugo, so you're good to go. Then it's just a matter of snagging Mihawk and Doflamingo when their raids come through, and you've got the key pieces for most/all of the story content and probably 80%+ of the raids and fortnights. I started the day this came out, and my two pulls were Hot Rock Stew Sanji and Guard Point Chopper, with no legend until about day 400+. Maju just got his first one a couple weeks ago, so it really can be an elusive thing.

Oh, you can guarantee get those units from special events called Raids? That's awesome! Once this event ends, I guess I'll work through the story for a while to lvl and get what I need to evolve plus try to get Golden Ussop. This buys me time to figure out what all the stuff you guys talk about is haha Fortnights, equip able gems (assuming they go in these empty sockets I've seen on some of the units I've pulled while re-rolling?), etc.

Top Bottom