• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Heng

Hmm I hope no healing doesn't get me my ass kicked haha It kinda sounds like G3 is a better option but I'm going to go with Lucci anyway for the reason Heng said, he's much rarer and I could always draw another G3 eventually.

My next question is whether I should now store up rainbow gems and wait for the next Sugofest to pull, relying on story characters in the meantime? Or should I be pulling whenever I can to get a better group than what story provides. I know that Golden Pound Usopp is supposed to be great but not sure about other story characters.
Never pull outside of Sugofest, always save your gems. Whatever character you're trying to get outside of it will never be worth it because you could pull a legend. You'll get a ton of gems doing story mode so save those gem and increase box space whenever you need. Eventually you'll open the extra islands which has fortnights. In those fortnights, they drop exclusive characters that are really good (sometimes, other times they're crappy). Once you're strong enough to easily clear fortnights, you can move onto raids which gives you amazing units. You'll want to get Mihawk ASAP since he's f2p friendly and there's tons of slashers given freely.

The only problem with Lucci is that there's not a lot of Powerhouse characters at the start of the game. Once you've gotten more Powerhouse units/sockets, Lucci starts to shine. Atm I can't use my Lucci since I don't have the right sockets for him, but my team I have in store for him should give me level 5 heals, level 3 matching orbs, level 2 CD reduction, level 3 damage reduction, and level 3 bind/despair. This team will be the team I will use heavily once all is done.

RedBoot

This is actually kind of a good time to be starting with a Legend Lucci, as we're due for his fortnight to return soon, but we also know it's at least a month off. That's enough time to get leveled up a bit so that you can handle at least the 15 stamina version of his fortnight when it comes by. Socket him up a bit there, and you'll be solid moving forward.

I've got Legend Lucci. Not using him too often, because he requires a lot of Rare Recruit Units to make him a good captain. However, once sockets come for him, he'll be a beast of a team. G3 just requires a lot of concentration, and story-mode means if there's more than 4 units, you might take some damage. Luckily beginning storymode is easy. Who else is in your box? You don't HAVE to use them as captains

Definitely save your gems, and then I'd say work through the main story. Get to Loguetown story-wise t least, that's the first difficult part really, then move to extra island to grab some EXP and new units. Don't be afraid to expand your box a little too, everyone needs to use gems for that now and again.

Doesn't he already have 4 sockets? Or do you mean once you get the proper stuff to put in the sockets? I'm a ways in on the Buggy arc and have Kid Luffy as my captain (used Nox to skip tutorial and had no idea I needed the red penguin to evolve him so used it to level him up...) I have Bruno and then a bunch of marine/pirate thugs I've acquired from story. I have a Baby 5 but don't have a high enough cap to put her in yet. Whenever I hit the cap, I've been trying to feed the scrub units to Lucci instead of sell them though that got me broke quick haha

Ok, I'll keep plugging at Story until I get stuck and then see what I can do on Extra Island and just hoard my gems for the next Sugofest. Thanks!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Hmm I hope no healing doesn't get me my ass kicked haha It kinda sounds like G3 is a better option but I'm going to go with Lucci anyway for the reason Heng said, he's much rarer and I could always draw another G3 eventually.

My next question is whether I should now store up rainbow gems and wait for the next Sugofest to pull, relying on story characters in the meantime? Or should I be pulling whenever I can to get a better group than what story provides. I know that Golden Pound Usopp is supposed to be great but not sure about other story characters.

Do not pull outside of sugofest. You can rely on Story characters and Fortnight characters for the time being. Try to recruit at least one copy of each of the Fortnight bosses. Early on you get a ton of gems but that pool will start to dry out. The smart thing to do is to save enough for at least a multipull during sugofest. Since you are starting out most Sugo fests are good sugofests because there are so many new characters you could get.

I'm the beginning, honestly Lucci isn't going to do much for you. He'll be an excellent statstick, but you'll get no captain bonuses for most of your characters until you start obtaining Powerhouse units. Sanji is the only initial story mode powerhouse character. You'll probably end up using Gear 2 Luffy was captain with Lucci sub for a while.

MiTYH

Doesn't he already have 4 sockets? Or do you mean once you get the proper stuff to put in the sockets? I'm a ways in on the Buggy arc and have Kid Luffy as my captain (used Nox to skip tutorial and had no idea I needed the red penguin to evolve him so used it to level him up...) I have Bruno and then a bunch of marine/pirate thugs I've acquired from story. I have a Baby 5 but don't have a high enough cap to put her in yet. Whenever I hit the cap, I've been trying to feed the scrub units to Lucci instead of sell them though that got me broke quick haha

Ok, I'll keep plugging at Story until I get stuck and then see what I can do on Extra Island and just hoard my gems for the next Sugofest. Thanks!

Getting the proper sockets to fill them.

Go through the story, and start planning for a future team to take on Raid Mihawk. G3 with a G3 friend will be good, it'll help to evolve story Usoop to Golden Pound, and story Sanji to Diable. With those and two strong STR characters, you could probably beat it.

Also, change your captain if you don't have the penguin (that island comes tomorrow, might not be bad to try and get a penguin actually). Even if you don't use G3 for his captain ability, he's a stronger captain on ATK alone

Never pull outside of Sugofest, always save your gems. Whatever character you're trying to get outside of it will never be worth it because you could pull a legend. You'll get a ton of gems doing story mode so save those gem and increase box space whenever you need. Eventually you'll open the extra islands which has fortnights. In those fortnights, they drop exclusive characters that are really good (sometimes, other times they're crappy). Once you're strong enough to easily clear fortnights, you can move onto raids which gives you amazing units. You'll want to get Mihawk ASAP since he's f2p friendly and there's tons of slashers given freely.

The only problem with Lucci is that there's not a lot of Powerhouse characters at the start of the game. Once you've gotten more Powerhouse units/sockets, Lucci starts to shine. Atm I can't use my Lucci since I don't have the right sockets for him, but my team I have in store for him should give me level 5 heals, level 3 matching orbs, level 2 CD reduction, level 3 damage reduction, and level 3 bind/despair. This team will be the team I will use heavily once all is done.
That's what I figured but wanted to make sure not everything I got from story would be trash and that I'd need to pull a little to handle the content early on. Good to hear that shouldn't be an issue. What level should I be able to handle a fortnight at? I know it depends on units too but assuming I have stuff just from story mode (plus Bruno, Baby 5 and Leg Lucci). Should I wait until my cap is high enough to get Lucci and Baby 5 in first?

I saw in a youtube video that he enhances powerhouse characters, I'm assuming it tells you if they are one right in their profile when you highlight them? One of the categories like Slasher and Quick? What units do you plan on pairing with him in the long run?
This is actually kind of a good time to be starting with a Legend Lucci, as we're due for his fortnight to return soon, but we also know it's at least a month off. That's enough time to get leveled up a bit so that you can handle at least the 15 stamina version of his fortnight when it comes by. Socket him up a bit there, and you'll be solid moving forward.
Nice! The reason this is good is because you can get skill books for him, right? Which makes his special have a shorter cool down? Why would you need his own event to get sockets fill-ins for him? Can't you get those at any fortnight or Raid?
Do not pull outside of sugofest. You can rely on Story characters and Fortnight characters for the time being. Try to recruit at least one copy of each of the Fortnight bosses. Early on you get a ton of gems but that pool will start to dry out. The smart thing to do is to save enough for at least a multiple during sugofest. Since you are starting out most Sugo fests are good sugofests because there are so many new characters you could get.

Cool, will do. How often do Sugofests come around? I'm going to milk story for gems all I can! I figure I won't bother upgrading box capacity until it's full of unique, worthwhile units. Not worth it to store more generic marines or pirates haha I imagine I want to hoard the penguins and turtles like crazy, right? I think I just learned the hard way that penguins are for evolving and turtles for leveling, correct? A bummer I thought they both leveled and blew my red penguins on leveling kid luffy so he's stuck as a child haha

Getting the proper sockets to fill them.

Go through the story, and start planning for a future team to take on Raid Mihawk. G3 with a G3 friend will be good, it'll help to evolve story Usoop to Golden Pound, and story Sanji to Diable. With those and two strong STR characters, you could probably beat it.

Also, change your captain if you don't have the penguin (that island comes tomorrow, might not be bad to try and get a penguin actually). Even if you don't use G3 for his captain ability, he's a stronger captain on ATK alone

I've decided to go with my Legendary Lucci account instead of the G3 one for now. I'll definitely try to get Usopp to Golden Pound with the quickness (guessing I'll need a yellow penguin for him?) and follow your advice on Sanji. So Zorro isn't worth upgrading then? Also, as far as penguins go, you can only get them by getting a drop when killing a penguin, right? Which naturally doesn't happen each time. I got excited when I ran into a red one in story mode but he didn't drop for me ;p Must get Luffy to normal age ;p

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Cool, will do. How often do Sugofests come around? I'm going to milk story for gems all I can! I figure I won't bother upgrading box capacity until it's full of unique, worthwhile units. Not worth it to store more generic marines or pirates haha I imagine I want to hoard the penguins and turtles like crazy, right? I think I just learned the hard way that penguins are for evolving and turtles for leveling, correct? A bummer I thought they both leveled and blew my red penguins on leveling kid luffy so he's stuck as a child haha

Sugofests come around once every two weeks or so. Usually they're themed with different boosted units or introducing new batches of units.

Sell fodder enemies. They're completely worthless. Early on, the only exception to this is possibly the STR Marine because his special can actually help in a fortnight or two.

Usually people keep 3-5 of each evolution unit around just because farming them can be a pain when you really need them. Certain evolvers in particular like dragons, lobsters, and rainbow units should definitely be kept.

Box space is an investment you'll never regret. Having extra box space means more efficiency in farming skill books and copies. It saves you from a lot of future headache. Even early on you'll want to get some extra box space. People keep extra copies and books for 2x special up events that increase the chances of getting a special level up from feeding.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I've decided to go with my Legendary Lucci account instead of the G3 one for now. I'll definitely try to get Usopp to Golden Pound with the quickness (guessing I'll need a yellow penguin for him?) and follow your advice on Sanji. So Zorro isn't worth upgrading then? Also, as far as penguins go, you can only get them by getting a drop when killing a penguin, right? Which naturally doesn't happen each time. I got excited when I ran into a red one in story mode but he didn't drop for me ;p Must get Luffy to normal age ;p

Zoro is actually a better captain than Story Luffy, but for DEX characters. The following is the general rule for straw hat evolutions.

Luffy>Gear 2 Luffy
Zoro>Ashura Zoro
Nami>Mirage Tempo Nami
Usopp>Golden Pound Usopp
Sanji>Diable Jambe Sanji

Keep them at these evolutions.

bjork

That's what I figured but wanted to make sure not everything I got from story would be trash and that I'd need to pull a little to handle the content early on. Good to hear that shouldn't be an issue. What level should I be able to handle a fortnight at? I know it depends on units too but assuming I have stuff just from story mode (plus Bruno, Baby 5 and Leg Lucci). Should I wait until my cap is high enough to get Lucci and Baby 5 in first?

Honestly of those three, I'd use Baby 5 as a captain since she boosts multiple types, provided you have units that fit. Usopp/Zoro/Nami will all work with her captain ability.

I saw in a youtube video that he enhances powerhouse characters, I'm assuming it tells you if they are one right in their profile when you highlight them? One of the categories like Slasher and Quick? What units do you plan on pairing with him in the long run?

It's a second class. Your color is your type, so STR/DEX/QCK/PSY/INT, then the classes are like fighter, striker, with the secondary classes being like powerhouse, cerebral, etc. You can see this on a unit's profile page, or you can sort your box by any of these guidelines.

Nice! The reason this is good is because you can get skill books for him, right? Which makes his special have a shorter cool down? Why would you need his own event to get sockets fill-ins for him? Can't you get those at any fortnight or Raid?

Legend Lucci doesn't have skillbooks on global yet (no idea if he does on JP), but the Lucci FN is a different version, so any Lucci books you'd get there wouldn't level his special. But feeding any version of a character to the one you're using, grants a random socket. So you run Dock Lucci FN, get a copy of QCK Slasher Lucci, and if you feed it to your legend Lucci, you'll get one random socket. This could be useful, or it could not be, depending on how you're building your character. And Lucci's FN hasn't been around in like five months or something, so it's beyond overdue.

Everyone runs their box different, but you generally want to keep named units until you know whether you'll ever use them or not, and perhaps some spare evolvers like lobsters and rainbow anything. Some people sit on skillbooks and dupes until a skill-up event, too.

If you go to "evolve" in your menu, you can see which units you'll need to evolve a dude. Then you either get one in a drop from a story island, or wait for the daily on extra island. Getting the evolver you need is a bit of a problem usually, as the game knows and will try to make it never drop when you actually want it to.

Heng

It depends on your fortnight and your team comp. Atm the best team you can make will probably be Luffy (Captain), baby 5, Lucci, red marine fodder, and GP Usopp. You should be able to take out 5 stamina fortnights easily and I would recommend farming it to get your pirate rank up. Some fortnights have special conditions like use only blue characters or only use certain classes.

When you enhance a unit (I think you meant power up), the highlighted characters means that the unit that is highlighted has the same special as the unit you're feeding it to. A book on the icon means a socket. You can tell what class a unit is by looking at the top left corner when looking at them:
c2w8qZ4.jpg
In this case, Lucci is Powerhouse/fighter.

If you feed legend Lucci with a blue Lucci, he'll gain a socket. His upcoming fortnight (15/30 stamina is green units only, you'll have to farm 5/10 stamina) has a small chance of dropping him. If you feed him to your Lucci, he'll gain a socket.

Golden pound Usopp needs 3 evolution materials, the one that only requires 2 is Tabasco Usopp. Everyday on the extra island, a new evolution material will appear. Tuesdays = seahorses, Wednesday = penguins, Thursdays = Dragons, and Friday = shellfish/crabs. Crabs cost 2 points for crew cost and they have 300 attack. You may want to use these on your team until you get a higher P-lvl. If you need a red penguin now, farm Alvida's Hideout, chapter 2.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Any recommended folks for a Sabo/Sabo team? I pulled him the other week and haven't sat down and tried to make something of him.

Majukun

well,g3 has problems with healing too..mainly because to heal you have to hit with a good or great,meaning that either you can't activate g3's capt ability or you just lose parte of the damage by hittin greats with your last 3 units

never pull outside sugofests..as of now do story and fortnights

Sugofests come around once every two weeks or so. Usually they're themed with different boosted units or introducing new batches of units.

Sell fodder enemies. They're completely worthless. Early on, the only exception to this is possibly the STR Marine because his special can actually help in a fortnight or two.

Usually people keep 3-5 of each evolution unit around just because farming them can be a pain when you really need them. Certain evolvers in particular like dragons, lobsters, and rainbow units should definitely be kept.

Box space is an investment you'll never regret. Having extra box space means more efficiency in farming skill books and copies. It saves you from a lot of future headache. Even early on you'll want to get some extra box space. People keep extra copies and books for 2x special up events that increase the chances of getting a special level up from feeding.
Oh, I thought only the regular banners had themed units and Sugo's theme was only that you can get legends. I read that it's wasteful to sell fodder units because you can use them to lvl good units up but belli is what will limit that for me. Is belli all that useful in this game? Doesn't look like you get equipment so I'm guessing you only need it for upgrades. Oh god, you use box slots for the skill books too? Guess I won't have a choice but to upgrade it then. I hate spending currency on anything but pulling ;p Oh well, can't be helped then. Thanks for the heads up.
Zoro is actually a better captain than Story Luffy, but for DEX characters. The following is the general rule for straw hat evolutions.

Luffy>Gear 2 Luffy
Zoro>Ashura Zoro
Nami>Mirage Tempo Nami
Usopp>Golden Pound Usopp
Sanji>Diable Jambe Sanji

Keep them at these evolutions.
Hopefully when I upgrade these guys they'll be worth using. Kind of sad seeing generic fodder units stronger than the Straw Hats as I get them haha I do have Zoro in right now though.
Honestly of those three, I'd use Baby 5 as a captain since she boosts multiple types, provided you have units that fit. Usopp/Zoro/Nami will all work with her captain ability.

It's a second class. Your color is your type, so STR/DEX/QCK/PSY/INT, then the classes are like fighter, striker, with the secondary classes being like powerhouse, cerebral, etc. You can see this on a unit's profile page, or you can sort your box by any of these guidelines.

Legend Lucci doesn't have skillbooks on global yet (no idea if he does on JP), but the Lucci FN is a different version, so any Lucci books you'd get there wouldn't level his special. But feeding any version of a character to the one you're using, grants a random socket. So you run Dock Lucci FN, get a copy of QCK Slasher Lucci, and if you feed it to your legend Lucci, you'll get one random socket. This could be useful, or it could not be, depending on how you're building your character. And Lucci's FN hasn't been around in like five months or something, so it's beyond overdue.

Everyone runs their box different, but you generally want to keep named units until you know whether you'll ever use them or not, and perhaps some spare evolvers like lobsters and rainbow anything. Some people sit on skillbooks and dupes until a skill-up event, too.

If you go to "evolve" in your menu, you can see which units you'll need to evolve a dude. Then you either get one in a drop from a story island, or wait for the daily on extra island. Getting the evolver you need is a bit of a problem usually, as the game knows and will try to make it never drop when you actually want it to.

Thanks, I'd have checked the character profile but am at work. I bet my Bruno is Powerhouse just by virtue of his physical build haha

Lucci doesn't have skill books yet? Damn, well, I have time considering I can't even put him in yet haha Ahhhh that's how you get sockets, thanks for the explanation! So you can't get sockets for a unit from just anyone, only from dupes. Got it. Dang, good timing for me if his FN is coming up! Lucky me that I have you guys to explain this, I'd have ignored it this early on most likely haha Now I just need to get strong enough to handle that FN...

Yeah I figured out how to check the evolve ingredients, which is how I knew I need a red penguin for child Luffy. Thanks though! Oh, there's a daily for that? Yeah I need to check out extra island sometime soon. Maybe after I get Usopp since he's the biggest priority for upgrades.

bjork

Any recommended folks for a Sabo/Sabo team? I pulled him the other week and haven't sat down and tried to make something of him.

How about

Sabo x2
Aokiji/Calgara
Dock Kaku/Alvida or Smoker

Gives free spirit boost to everyone
Aokiji's special and Calgara's special both work for everyone too but idk if they stack

Lucci doesn't have skill books yet? Damn, well, I have time considering I can't even put him in yet haha Ahhhh that's how you get sockets, thanks for the explanation! So you can't get sockets for a unit from just anyone, only from dupes. Got it. Dang, good timing for me if his FN is coming up! Lucky me that I have you guys to explain this, I'd have ignored it this early on most likely haha Now I just need to get strong enough to handle that FN...

Something else to take into account is that when you get Lucci ready to evolve, his cost goes up by almost double. So you probably want to hold off awhile on it until your crew cost is considerably higher. But you can socket away, since he doesn't gain an additional slot from evolving.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How about

Sabo x2
Aokiji/Calgara
Dock Kaku/Alvida or Smoker

Gives free spirit boost to everyone
Aokiji's special and Calgara's special both work for everyone too but idk if they stack
I need to get with it on my Aokiji, don't even have him evolved yet. My Calgara is a hoss.

bjork

There's probably some super ideal build with Sabo, but I haven't managed to find it yet. I like being lazy and using an easy Sengoku team.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There's probably some super ideal build with Sabo, but I haven't managed to find it yet. I like being lazy and using an easy Sengoku team.
I was blessed with Sengoku being my first legend. Double Sengoku/2nd Luffy/Asura Zoro/GP Usopp/Prison Croc got me through the majority of all content.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Koala, Alvida, QCK Jabra, and Senior pink would be great for him. Other than that, any free spirit characters with high attack.
Thanks, I have a low level Koala I should probably feed.

Useful Info
Ha, no, right now it's more like fodder trash plus weak Zoro and Bruno since I don't have the points to put in Baby 5 let alone Lucci yet haha I know what you meant though, that should be my early team. Thanks. I was curious what team you are trying to put together for Lucci that you referenced just so I have an idea of what to build towards, long term and which units I'll want to pull for. So Fortnights give better xp than new story missions? Or are just better to farm because you get better loot and units?

Green units only? Doh! Well, not like I'll be strong enough to handle the 15 run when it hits anyway haha Thanks for all the explanations, very useful! Also on where to get a red penguin so I can get Luffy's ass to teen age. Thanks again!
Something else to take into account is that when you get Lucci ready to evolve, his cost goes up by almost double. So you probably want to hold off awhile on it until your crew cost is considerably higher. But you can socket away, since he doesn't gain an additional slot from evolving.

Oh snap. Well, probably will be quite a while before I can get him to lvl 70 anyway. Still, very good to know.

Heng

I was curious what team you are trying to put together for Lucci that you referenced just so I have an idea of what to build towards, long term and which units I'll want to pull for. So Fortnights give better xp than new story missions? Or are just better to farm because you get better loot and units?
Only 4/6 of these units have farmable sockets. I have the option to switch out Dellinger for Kuma (upcoming raid) and Squard with legend Marco.

Higher stamina fortnights give better XP and higher chance for units and good books to drop. They all have the same loot (except the older fortnight like Kuro). Beli (gold) becomes obsolete once you're able to farm raids.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Only 4/6 of these units have farmable sockets. I have the option to switch out Dellinger for Kuma (upcoming raid) and Squard with legend Marco.

Higher stamina fortnights give better X and higher chance for units and good books to drop. They all have the same loot (except the older fortnight like Kuro). Beli (gold) becomes obsolete once you're able to farm raids.

Any reason why you wouldn't go 3D2Y Sanji instead of either Blueno or Dellinger? Even Kumadori seems a little unnecessary with Lucci's special, and he's an extra STR type. And Sanji sockets are very farmable.

Maybe something like this:
http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...70,842:99,675:99C13,10B0D0E1365Q0L0G0R22S100H

Sabo/Sabo, Boa, Jabra, Monet, INT Ivankov.

It's a little heavy on the Psy/Qck and lacks an orb manipulator, which is a problem in general with free spirit teams. You could use Blue Gilly as an orb manipulator instead of Boa.

I personally think Sabo works better as a sub on Log Luffy and G3 teams. I run G3/G3, Boa, Sabo, Monet, and Doffy often.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe something like this:
http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...70,842:99,675:99C13,10B0D0E1365Q0L0G0R22S100H

Sabo/Sabo, Boa, Jabra, Monet, INT Ivankov.

It's a little heavy on the Psy/Qck and lacks an orb manipulator, which is a problem in general with free spirit teams. You could use Blue Gilly as an orb manipulator instead of Boa.

I personally think Sabo works better as a sub on Log Luffy and G3 teams. I run G3/G3, Boa, Sabo, Monet, and Doffy often.
Kinda sad I have a low level Blue Gilly and a low level Monet. I got some work to do. Thinking about going whole hog into Sabo/Sabo.

Majukun

aside from borsalino and se to mark, the units of the next Japan batch don't look too good.. Although we are still waiting to know what this 'colour affibity' mechanic is

Heng

Any reason why you wouldn't go 3D2Y Sanji instead of either Blueno or Dellinger? Even Kumadori seems a little unnecessary with Lucci's special, and he's an extra STR type. And Sanji sockets are very farmable.
Those units I have listed are the ones I have. I didn't intend on making the best units since there's a huge chance I'll never get them.

Higher stamina fortnights give better XP and higher chance for units and good books to drop. They all have the same loot (except the older fortnight like Kuro). Beli (gold) becomes obsolete once you're able to farm raids.

The youtube video I saw said Marco was an awesome pairing for Lucci because he resolves the healing issue. I didn't know there was a legend version of Marco though. considering how many re-rolls it took to get a legend, I'm going to assume I'll never get another ;p Is your Blueno legendary too? Or is that a form I can upgrade mine to?

Heng

I know that pain.
The youtube video I saw said Marco was an awesome pairing for Lucci because he resolves the healing issue. I didn't know there was a legend version of Marco though. considering how many re-rolls it took to get a legend, I'm going to assume I'll never get another ;p Is your Blueno legendary too? Or is that a form I can upgrade mine to?
Your Blueno will evolve into him. He makes a great sub for Lucci, only second to 3D2Y Sanji in terms of boosting Powerhouse damage.

These are all the legends BTW:

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Those units I have listed are the ones I have. I didn't intend on making the best units since there's a huge chance I'll never get them.

Gotcha, I thought you were doing hypotheticals including future units. Never give up hope!

Damn I didn't realize global is so close to JPN. We're missing what, 6?

Jinbe, Law, the three admirals, Candevish. Can't remember is Sabo is out yet

Yeah, we did get 4 legend batches back to back within the span of... two months? A month and a half?

And Sabo has been out.

RedBoot

aside from borsalino and se to mark, the units of the next Japan batch don't look too good.. Although we are still waiting to know what this 'colour affibity' mechanic is

Sentomaru looks like a solid upgrade from Jabra as general use Powerhouse captains go (as well as being an oddly good counter for Kuma's raid). Smoker looks weird, gonna have to see how he works in practice. Maynard and Bastille look pretty average.

Tashigi's the one to watch, once we figure out what that ability does. I'm guessing it boosts the damage you do in type advantage (like STR dealing double damage to DEX)? That could be really powerful, particularly if it can stack with other stuff.

Borsalino's great, of course. It'd be fun to have a team where you're popping off your special every few turns.

Hana-Bi

Man, Aokijis forest is no joke. I always fail with my LL timing at the crucial moment... My cola is almost at 900 so I need to clear it somehow...

Your Blueno will evolve into him. He makes a great sub for Lucci, only second to 3D2Y Sanji in terms of boosting Powerhouse damage.

These are all the legends BTW:

Excellent! Convenient to draw them together then ha

Huh, surprised to see certain characters made a Legend. That's cool that Doffy's brother is in though. Also, there are way too many damn versions of the Straw Hats, gets confusing haha Also didn't know there were two different Luffy legends.

On another note, I forgot to ask about ships. Does global have a better ship than the Go Merry? Or should I just dump all cola into it when I get it? Are there multiplier events occasionally in which case I should sit on cola until they hit? etc. Also, what are they even used for? ;p

RedBoot

Excellent! Convenient to draw them together then ha

Huh, surprised to see certain characters made a Legend. That's cool that Doffy's brother is in though. Also, there are way too many damn versions of the Straw Hats, gets confusing haha Also didn't know there were two different Luffy legends.

On another note, I forgot to ask about ships. Does global have a better ship than the Go Merry? Or should I just dump all cola into it when I get it? Are there multiplier events occasionally in which case I should sit on cola until they hit? etc. Also, what are they even used for? ;p

The Luffy legends are actually identical outside of the art (which is still very similar). They lost the rights to the particular Luffy outfit design from the first one, so they made a dupe.

The Thousand Sunny is a better general use ship than the Merry, but you won't get it until you clear Enies Lobby 2, which is pretty far into the story. Maxing the Merry in the meantime might be a good idea.

You'll eventually get some other ships as you manage to clear high-level content. Some are good for specific team types, but the Merry/Sunny are always good for general use.

EDIT: To go into a little more detail: both the Merry and the Sunny will boost your ATK by 1.5x at max level, which is the important part. The Merry gives a negligible HP boost, while the Sunny has a direct damage special that's quite useful in a few situations. So the Sunny is better, but you can still clear a lot of the same content with the Merry. The Sunny takes a lot of cola to max, as well (and luck's a factor with upgrades for most ships...but you'll discover that particular hell as you play :) ).

I don't think it's a problem to go with the Merry first then move onto the Sunny, if only because getting all the way to EL2 is going to take quite a while anyway. If you're worried about wasting cola, then get the Merry to level 6 (gets you a 1.2x attack boost) and then keep it there and start saving for the Sunny.

The Luffy legends are actually identical outside of the art (which is still very similar). They lost the rights to the particular Luffy outfit design from the first one, so they made a dupe.

The Thousand Sunny is a better general use ship than the Merry, but you won't get it until you clear Enies Lobby 2, which is pretty far into the story. Maxing the Merry in the meantime might be a good idea.

You'll eventually get some other ships as you manage to clear high-level content. Some are good for specific team types, but the Merry/Sunny are always good for general use.

Ha! That's pretty funny. Well, makes sense then ;p I'm surprised Japan doesn't have 4G Luffy yet.

I wasn't sure how far the story went in this game so didn't think to ask about the Sunny. It'd better be superior to the Merry! How far does the story go to? I'm guessing Marine Ford since White Beard is in the game.

Cool, good to know. What do you actually do with ships? Is there a command in battle you get later where the ship blasts enemies? Or does it just give you passive stat boosts?

RedBoot

Ha! That's pretty funny. Well, makes sense then ;p I'm surprised Japan doesn't have 4G Luffy yet.

I wasn't sure how far the story went in this game so didn't think to ask about the Sunny. It'd better be superior to the Merry! How far does the story go to? I'm guessing Marine Ford since White Beard is in the game.

Cool, good to know. What do you actually do with ships? Is there a command in battle you get later where the ship blasts enemies? Or does it just give you passive stat boosts?

We're at the end of Thriller Bark in the story, with Saobondy coming up soon. Japan's about to get Marineford in the story mode, they're generally about 2-3 islands ahead of us.

Rare recruit units get released independent of the story content, so we've got units all the way through Dressrosa. Whitebeard was actually the first legend released.

You use one ship on your team, they provide boosts to attack, HP, and even skills at times. Attack boosts are generally the main thing, and the higher level ships generally focus on one class (slashers, strikers, etc). Yeah, the Sunny gets a burst attack, and I think the Ark Maxim does as well (we don't have that one on Global yet). The balance for ships is pretty solid though, you can get by with just the Merry or Sunny on most quests, the class specific ships generally just make things easier.

We're at the end of Thriller Bark in the story, with Saobondy coming up soon. Japan's about to get Marineford in the story mode, they're generally about 2-3 islands ahead of us.

Rare recruit units get released independent of the story content, so we've got units all the way through Dressrosa. Whitebeard was actually the first legend released.

You use one ship on your team, they provide boosts to attack, HP, and even skills at times. Attack boosts are generally the main thing, and the higher level ships generally focus on one class (slashers, strikers, etc). Yeah, the Sunny gets a burst attack, and I think the Ark Maxim does as well (we don't have that one on Global yet). The balance for ships is pretty solid though, you can get by with just the Merry or Sunny on most quests, the class specific ships generally just make things easier.

Ah bummer, would have been cool to do Marineford ha Well, something to look forward to. Thriller Bark should be fun and I'm sure Water7 was too. Do they release an arc in it's entirety at once? Or just a few chapters at a time? The way you say we're at the end of Thriller makes me think the latter. I could tell the rare units were separate since multiple characters from the Dressrosa arc were in the legend list Heng posted. That's cool at least.

Ah, so namely passive bonuses but a couple can do a special attack. Thanks!

Awww yussss.

Just in time for Tom's FN, not that I'm going to run it past just completing it for the gem. I'll leave that to the LL owners, as punishment for pulling LL. I maxed out Aokiji's bike right away. It has a pretty high success rate but the downside is that each upgrade attempt costs 25 cola; I only failed 5 times so it's not too bad. But really, what do I care? I got cola for days still and all my ships are maxed.

Awww yussss.

Just in time for Tom's FN, not that I'm going to run it past just completing it for the gem. I'll leave that to the LL owners, as punishment for pulling LL. I maxed out Aokiji's bike right away. It has a pretty high success rate but the downside is that each upgrade attempt costs 25 cola; I only failed 5 times so it's not too bad. But really, what do I care? I got cola for days still and all my ships are maxed.

Hahaha that's awesome!

Kyou

I'm glad the SW replacement book is DEX Kaku. His special is mediocre enough that I don't care that I'm going to miss out on leveling it.

it's been a long time since a fortnight hasn't had anything to really offer me, it'll be a nice break.

by which I mean I'll be grinding the ALTERNATE fortnight for sockets

Heng

Awww yussss.

Congrats! What team did you use? My bike is at level 9 atm with only 1 failed attempt. I used up all my cola maxing out buggy's ship...

Lmao just saw this ad...

Congrats! What team did you use? My bike is at level 9 atm with only 1 failed attempt. I used up all my cola maxing out buggy's ship...

I used the same team as this video here. The only major difference for me was that I used the Moby Dick and had taken an unwanted hit from Helmeppo due to bad orbs. Luckily my run was saved by 1 meat orb on the Sengoku/Garp wave or else I would have been a few hundred HP away from being unable to tank a hit from Sengoku with T-Bone's special. Overall I had a waaaaay easier time with it than the WB forest. No strange mid-combo target switching for the most part or any of that nonsense. Today was the first time I made any real attempt at beating it and did so in 3 or 4 tries.

Heng

Overall I had a waaaaay easier time with it than the WB forest. No strange mid-combo target switching for the most part or any of that nonsense. Today was the first time I made any real attempt at beating it and did so in 3 or 4 tries.
WB forest depended too much on RNG. You had to have the right orbs and have the stage spawn with the maximum amount of turns. Aokiji forest didn't require you to bring as much damage reducers as possible and only deviated the start turn on stages that didn't matter (the last few stages has set amount of turns). I really hope we get Ace's forest soon.

What I was expecting was cotton candy and bikini clad Robins to flood my inventory. What I got was enough random mob fodder unit drops to blot out the sun.

Top Bottom