• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

TheShah

The auto targeting on this kuma raid is fucked. Why does it target the lobster with 5 turn cooldown instead of the guy with a 1 turn cooldown. The zoom in during attacks makes manual targeting such a bitch too.

Worst cool downs out of 9 runs I had was 5 mobs with 1turn on stage 3 but that wasn't a problem. And yeah I use Capone, too and he helps a little bit to get more QCK orbs. Maybe I should change fortnight Lucci for Ivankov for even more orbs. Thanks for the idea!

Wave 3 is really where it can get hairy because both the cooldown and color of the general knight zombies are variable. Combine that with the wonky aiming and a green zombie and things can go bad real quick. Aside from that one mess up, I haven't had any other problems with it yet. I had the first stage spawn with all 1 turn cds except for the General Zombie but that was much more easily managed.

Full orbs going into Kuma is real nice. You do half his health in one turn and then have 3 more to whittle down the rest of it.

Thanks for the Enel link. I was able to beat Kuma easily with this team.
7sqJ6ua.png
I nearly messed up by not using Enel before the second attack. However, I had a lucky orb on Lucci from my stalling which provided a higher initial burst (~1.7m). Enel on the 3rd attack allowed me to KO him before even finishing all 5 hits. :D

Let the farming begin.

I'm going to make so many mistakes in stalling my Enel's 28 CD, I just know it. :/

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
You can, but you have to quit right before the animation finishes. If you do it too late, you cannot reset it.

Are you positive?

Because I just restarted even before the blowback animation fully happened. So early, I didn't even catch who got blown away. And when I came back into the game, the character was already gone. No animation or anything.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
after trying a few teams, I've settled on the following setup:

Thatch / Thatch
Legend Marco / Enel
purple penguin / Capone

Are you positive?

Because I just restarted even before the blowback animation fully happened. So early, I didn't even catch who got blown away. And when I came back into the game, the character was already gone. No animation or anything.
I've rerolled it twice just to test it. The timing is tight, but it's doable.

Thankfully, the team I made can work with either gone (although Kaku's 2 turn boost is safer).

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Thankfully, the team I made can work with either gone (although Kaku's 2 turn boost is safer).

Ok, I'll keep trying. The delay on the pause before it minimizes is making this harder than it should be.

Heng

Are you positive?

Yeah it's really hard to time that, but I'm positive it can be done. I saw Zeenigami do it, although I don't think he could even get it on a consistent basis.

Also stage 3 with everyone on a 1 turn attack... That's just not fair. :(

GaimeGuy

I'm probably going to farm 40 copies of Kuma now, then another 40 when clash of clashes returns (based on previous patterns, we should get a clash of clashes within the next month with kuma)

Majukun

took my a couple tries before i "got" how to make this raid with double enel,but now i can complete it regulrly

still deciding how many copies to get,i suppose the minimum would be 30 and the max 50..something in between probably

Jayhawk

My Enel team is too weak to kill Kuma in time if I'm stuck with a robber penguin on my team for Kuma. Even though I cleared both 40 and 60 Kuma, I guess I'll need to dedicate some resources on Enel next time he's around. Then I'll be able to safely farm Kuma. lol

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Yeah it's really hard to time that, but I'm positive it can be done. I saw Zeenigami do it, although I don't think he could even get it on a consistent basis.

Also stage 3 with everyone on a 1 turn attack... That's just not fair. :(

You're absolutely right. Sorry for doubting. The delay was throwing me off. Basically, I have to press and hold the tab button immediately after the second red message goes away from Kuma. And then immediately close it.

Hana-Bi

Okay, double Enel team is easy going. :) Won't be able to farm many Kumas today though.

7 LL books so far but I need to socket two 3D2Y Robins. Glad that Robin comes back so that I have more time for that. So much to do...

Hana-Bi

Which subs are you using for double Enel?

Right now, bad CD RNG can pretty much ruin a run for me.

Thatch, Kaku, Jabra and Raid Doffy. With Raid Doffy I can stall enough on those red zombies so that Jabras special is up on Kumas stage.

And I hate lobster island. I'm running this island to get a green lobstet and the last two times lobster island was up I didn't get a single drop (many of all the other colors) and today the same. Every time (and it's not that often) a green lobster is on the final stage I get the other lobster to drop...

Majukun

wasting waaay to many runs...i got 15 kuma but i probably left on the ground around 10
don't know if it's worth it to farm it that way..although i don't have anyone to blame but me,but the damage dealt it's very,very precise...i can't even run something like an half marco/enel or marco/thatch though..since that gives me only one turn of boost because i need to use enel and marco at the same turn...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Thatch, Kaku, Jabra and Raid Doffy. With Raid Doffy I can stall enough on those red zombies so that Jabras special is up on Kumas stage.

Thanks for this. I'm going to use a similar team that honestly seems a lot more consistent for me than Boa+Marco or Thatch+Marco. It takes longer and relies a little on orb luck, but it's far far safer.

I'd rather die to some bad orb luck against Kuma than shitty CD luck on stages 1 or 3.

MiTYH

Hm not many people have Legend Marco out. I managed to get Kuma to drop on my first 40-run, which was nice. Took to 60 with Friend Legend Marco, Thatch lead, Enel/Kaku/Capone/Penguin. Stalling almost endlessly in stage 4 is nice, if a bit time consuming for the zombie's animations and whatnot. Sadly he got rid of Capone and not the penguin... but it didn't matter. Had him dead on turn 3.

So... that was easy!

Still, I don't like relying on legend captains (total of 5 friends on my list have him), so I guess I'll look into the double Enel teams next. Won't gem for him this go-round, but maybe in the future

EDIT:
Forgot there's so much stamina in the twitter-snails. Got one, tried an Enel/Enel/Beast Lucci/Hina/Kaku/Doffy team. Basically followed this guide
Times like this make me wish my Enel was more maxed in special, I had everyone ready in stage 4 early and him stuck at 8. Not the worst since I stalled enough, but still, annoying.
Kuma blasted away Doffy, Used Lucci and managed to see a board of all blue! So locked them with hina, used Enel #1, did 1.7million damage. Enel again second turn, bye bye Kuma.

MUCH easier time with this, and since Enel captain are never in short supply, I'll be sticking with this as my go-to for the raid.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I ran red TT because it was there and I could. Had a bunch of red baby turtles to feed a way so I just threw them into my Oars. Accidentally fed him my single red dragon I was saving to evolve Kuma. FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is this the same Kuma you can get in RR? I have one fully evolved and done from that, skill ups are okay I guess and sockets but he's not that good.

Hana-Bi

Yeah, some stages with green/blue knights and low cd can screw you especially if you forget to use your Moby Dick ship with Enel.

bjork

Okay, double Enel team is easy going. :) Won't be able to farm many Kumas today though.

7 LL books so far but I need to socket two 3D2Y Robins. Glad that Robin comes back so that I have more time for that. So much to do...

This reminded me that I have a 3D2Y Robin. I can't believe I forgot about that.

Any details on this? Also, what sockets should we shoot for?

I forget the colosseum level, but you activate the green knight's special and it somehow overlaps an enemy's pre-emptive and cancels it out, iirc?

Is this the same Kuma you can get in RR? I have one fully evolved and done from that, skill ups are okay I guess and sockets but he's not that good.

Nope. This one is different and better. :)

Tidd

Any details on this? Also, what sockets should we shoot for?

Auto-Heal? Cooldown reduction? I don't even know what stage it is. All I read is that it makes the boss a lot easier. So I'm not completely sure but these two should always help.
With him you (de)buff yourself before you enter a certain boss. The boss does the same thing as his preemptive attack but for a lot longer than the zombie does and therefore you have some kind of protection because you can't use the same buff twice if it is already active. It's extremely niche but still nice to have.

bjork

SHIT. Can't manage it with 2x Enels, just not doing enough damage. Time to get lucky, I hope.

The method I saw

friend Legend Marco/Thatch
Legend Marco/Enel
purple penguin/Capone

I assume you could swap out the sub Legend Marco for Kaku or Jabra, someone who boosts orbs. On round 4, you can kill everyone but the yellow dude on the bottom, who heals you every turn. This means you can attack with just the penguin and stall endlessly until your specials are ready. Then you go to Kuma, pop Enel's special, pop Marco's special, pop Thatch's special, then try and take him down before he takes you down.

I'm gonna try it, but with a Kaku because I don't have legend Marco.

I decided to do a single 40 stamina kuma run to distract myself from my total lack of log luffy books today ... and he dropped!

not gonna farm or skill him up yet, but he's a nice cerebral captain to have.

Geez, there's someone on my friends list with a skill and socket maxed Kuma already. The raid has barely been out 12 hours. His Kuma is only level 98 though. Unacceptable.

RalchAC

I decided to do a single 40 stamina kuma run to distract myself from my total lack of log luffy books today ... and he dropped!

not gonna farm or skill him up yet, but he's a nice cerebral captain to have.

How many books do you have so far? I'm at 11 right now. Aiming for 30.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Got my Tyrant Kuma. Found a reliable way on my lower leveled blue team. Cap thatch, and a penguin. Legend Marco for my pal. Long but safe at my level.

Gonna try for a few sockets.

EDIT: lol Bjork, if I had only read I would have saved a bum run I did.

Majukun

finally found my rhythm and after all those copies lost this mornign,i'm not on a 16-tries-long streak without losing once...reached 31 copies..later i'm gonna farm the remaining ones...aiming to 40 in total

MiTYH

Who do I have to [lewd sexual favor] for a blue lobster? 13 runs and 0, holy shit game

Oh crap, I forgot that was today!

*first run*

I'm... so sorry

EDIT: Used a full stamina bal, wound up with 3 purple, 3 blue, and 2 red/green/yellow. Could be worse, I like the variety and it'll certainly help in the long run. Should have one more Kuma raid left at least tonight.

Heng

Ugg... Today 4/5 of my turtles were beli/turtle... For the last 3 days, I had 4 refills every day. It seems my luck has run out or the game really doesn't want me to farm Kuma. :/

GaimeGuy

Just take my gems and money

Edit: 35 copies so far, started aiming for 40, but fuck it, let's go for 50

LaNaranja

It seems like everyone is focused on Kuma at the moment but I am not on that level yet and am content farming Smoker. Question about him. How many sockets does his third form have? I have him in his second form (which has two sockets) and a ton of other ones I have gotten from farming and I would like to feed them to him now if he doesn't gain an extra socket in his next form. Also where the hell would I find this information in the future?

Top Bottom