• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

MANUELF

Banned
Look who I found for the first time
ArHj3yx.jpg

I also got Ice Cream Loving Robin
Also got Tom Workers Tom, it has been a good 10 minutes

I waited all day to level up on natural stamina and didn't touch my snails until now as to not waste stamina from refills and I didn't get a single meat. You win game, you win.

Kyou

I waited all day to level up on natural stamina and didn't touch my snails until now as to not waste stamina from refills and I didn't get a single meat. You win game, you win.
I did chopper out of boredom to give to chopperman and got 3 meats and a level

Where is that luck when I really need it

bjork

Guess I should've focused more on Robin earlier, because she is just not dropping for me. Hopefully when she comes back in the last version of the island, it's more generous.

[edit - so of course, she drops twice after I complain. I should complain after my first dry run from now on]

RalchAC

Grabbed 2 Log Luffy books in a single run. It has happened to me twice already. I can post a pic if you don't believe me :p

I'm at 19 books at the moment. I will grind quite a bit today since I don't have much to do (outside beating fucking Seymour in FFX HD grrrr)

Hana-Bi

I have 20 LL books now, will farm for some Robin sockets today but my runs are kinda slow because I stall until my Vista special is ready for stage 4 (his cd is at 12). What teams are you using for Robin?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Guess I should've focused more on Robin earlier, because she is just not dropping for me. Hopefully when she comes back in the last version of the island, it's more generous.

[edit - so of course, she drops twice after I complain. I should complain after my first dry run from now on]
She's only dropped once, which was my second run. I don't really want to bother with the run much anymore because I hate blind -that- much.

In other news, over 25 LL books, no LL to use it on. Urf.

bjork

I have 20 LL books now, will farm for some Robin sockets today but my runs are kinda slow because I stall until my Vista special is ready for stage 4 (his cd is at 12). What teams are you using for Robin?

Sengoku x2
Striker Croc/INT Robin
GP Usopp/some INT Franky I never used before today

MiTYH

FYI, today's a good day for farming some story mode characters. Croc's double stage, and the CP9 gates of justice, are both double drop's for global.

bjork

FYI, today's a good day for farming some story mode characters. Croc's double stage, and the CP9 gates of justice, are both double drop's for global.

Still need kumadori, fukuro, 2 kakus and another lucci. Oh, and spandam. Maybe if they take super long getting my rental car together, I'll have time to get one of more of these.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've failed at Croc so many times my chances are better to pull Legend Cocodrillo.

...fuck it. Let's do it again, maybe today is my day.
My kingdom for a Croc!

bjork

I've failed at Croc so many times my chances are better to pull Legend Cocodrillo.

...fuck it. Let's do it again, maybe today is my day.
My kingdom for a Croc!

He's worth it whichever way you take him, he's a solid slasher or as a striker he is great in a Sengoku team or a princess turtle team.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He's worth it whichever way you take him, he's a solid slasher or as a striker he is great in a Sengoku team or a princess turtle team.
I've been making do with Prison Croc but man. I gotta get a real Croc.

It doesn't help he's my favorite dude in the whole series. My heart aches for his gritty touch in my roster.

bjork

I've been making do with Prison Croc but man. I gotta get a real Croc.

It doesn't help he's my favorite dude in the whole series. My heart aches for his gritty touch in my roster.

If you can blow through Alubarna 15 easily, he has the potential to drop twice. Now, that might be a .001% chance, but it's not zero.

MiTYH

If you can blow through Alubarna 15 easily, he has the potential to drop twice. Now, that might be a .001% chance, but it's not zero.

This is what I've been spending my stamina on. Got slasher once, want poison now.

It's amazing how much my team has evolved. When he first came out, I was a Garp/Garp all PSY team, needed to stall and all.

Now, double INTHawk with 4 PSY slashers, no stalling, no worries.

No drops either, but still

What teams do ya'll use to farm Moria? I finally finished up TB2 during the last Sugo and only beat him because I accidentally hit continue and used a gem after I died.

RedBoot

Yeah, I feel pretty confident that Croc's drop chance is 1% (or less, if they do that). Took me about 60 runs for the first and probably another 70-80 for the second.

I actually do think they've raised the drop rates for story characters on later islands (would make sense, since the stamina costs keep going up), but Croc, Enel, and for whatever reason Mr. 3 seem to have super-low chances.

What teams do ya'll use to farm Moria? I finally finished up TB2 during the last Sugo and only beat him because I accidentally hit continue and used a gem after I died.

I used a Sengoku team, which might not help you, but I had Smoker and Straw Hat Franky on the team. Smoker's 3 turn damage reduction helps against the first Moria fight since it's hard to take him out in less than a few turns, and Franky clears out the Bind entirely for the second Moria. Couple that with GP Usopp and the second Moria shouldn't even touch you.

bjork

Showed my uncle photos of the car. He said just judging from those, it's at least $7000 of damage. There's no way the car is worth that, so tomorrow I guess I call my insurance and see what my options are. I stopped by a lot on the way home to look at a few cars and now I'm wondering if maybe I shouldn't just quit my job and finally go back to Maui for good. There's a lot to think about.

Also, my rental car was supposed to be similar to a Chrysler 200, but they didn't have anything like that, so I was given a Jeep Cherokee. That thing is uncomfortable as hell and I feel like I'm driving on stilts. I hate high vehicles. Debating whether to go in tomorrow and ask if I can swap it out.

Jesus bjork, so glad you're ok! I'm still waiting on a verdict from a car accident I was involved in as well but it wasn't nearly as bad as yours. Good luck settling everything!

Ok guys, I need help. Story has become too difficult and no doubt it's because Baby 5 is the only non trash mob person I have in. I just don't have a high enough cap to get Lucci or Blueno in with her and she's stronger than Blueno, especially since I've leveled her a bit. I had to use two damn rainbow crystals to beat the final Arlong fight and I know you shouldn't waste those on this but it was the end of the ark so I said screw it. I'm now at stage 4 of Loguetown and I got to the boss effortlessly with a strong friend but the boss one-shot my whole party... Maybe I could kill him fast enough with my strongest friend before he attacks but I shouldn't have to rely on that and a strong friend is the only reason I've made it this far.

Where do I go from here? I need better units but my current party obviously needs to be able to handle whatever content I'd do and I need to level my pirate level to increase my cap. Should I just grind story missions on 2x XP islands? Are there fortnights I can handle with my team? HALP!

RalchAC

Jesus bjork, so glad you're ok! I'm still waiting on a verdict from a car accident I was involved in as well but it wasn't nearly as bad as yours. Good luck settling everything!

Ok guys, I need help. Story has become too difficult and no doubt it's because Baby 5 is the only non trash mob person I have in. I just don't have a high enough cap to get Lucci or Blueno in with her and she's stronger than Blueno, especially since I've leveled her a bit. I had to use two damn rainbow crystals to beat the final Arlong fight and I know you shouldn't waste those on this but it was the end of the ark so I said screw it. I'm now at stage 4 of Loguetown and I got to the boss effortlessly with a strong friend but the boss one-shot my whole party... Maybe I could kill him fast enough with my strongest friend before he attacks but I shouldn't have to rely on that and a strong friend is the only reason I've made it this far.

Where do I go from here? I need better units but my current party obviously needs to be able to handle whatever content I'd do and I need to level my pirate level to increase my cap. Should I just grind story missions on 2x XP islands? Are there fortnights I can handle with my team? HALP!

Which team are you using? Would you mind posting your box or something?

If you feel you've hit a wall, do some fortnights. Isn't Smoker right now? He is a good unit. Start from the lowest tier and see what's the best you can do.

Farming story mode isn't recommended since drop rate is really low there.

MANUELF

Banned

Isnt that boss Alvida?

RedBoot

On first impression, Nami's stage is much easier than Robin's, though I haven't seen all variations yet. Easy clear with a Fossa team, which is fun (because how often do I get to use Fossa?), but it's also kind of slow. I'm sure I can put together a speed run team over the week.

News:

-We got the Luffy captain ability upgrade (which I forgot was a thing), so now he boosts all units slightly alongside his regular STR boost.
-Version 5.0 is coming on the 13th, after the usual maintenance.
-Coliseum (their spelling) comes with it, and based on the images, we'll get the Urouge/Rebecca/Lucky Roux lineup that the JPN colo started with.

Got my Nami on my first 5-stam attempt. Good times. Young Franky hasn't shown up once in the 5 days I've been running Tom's Workers. This is ridiculous.

Majukun

managed to do the Absalom ranking without killer or mansherry using the 'long way' of stalling and bursting with an enel team.

Hana-Bi

Socket farming for my 3d2y Robin was quite good yesterday. Only need two more cd sockets and my first 3d2y Robin is fully socketed.

Won't be farming Nami at all, got her drop on 30 stam so I'm good for now. Absalom ranking was easy. Used Mansherry and a LL team. Made some mistakes here and there but got more than 3 million in my first try. (Couldn't stall enough for Mansherrys special at stage 5 but managed to get the LL combo working ;) ).

MiTYH

Damn, no croc for me yesterday. He lives to fight another day...

Got Nami on the 2nd stage, hardest one was tough but doable. Used double INTHawk, Doffy, and all STR slashers. Seems a bit easier than Robin

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Got a Tity Nami to match Robin. Definitely easier than Robin's run. I hate blind more than anything.

And of course, about 15 to 20 Croc runs and nothin.

Tidd

We will get the 3D2Y part 2 batch this week and Jimbe is missing from that.

I see what Bandai is doing with global. Missing Zephyr for the ultimate SW Ace team, no Jimbei for the absolute ridiculous fighter team... It looks like they won't give us an easy mode. xP

RalchAC

We will get the 3D2Y part 2 batch this week and Jimbe is missing from that.

I see what Bandai is doing with global. Missing Zephyr for the ultimate SW Ace team, no Jimbei for the absolute ridiculous fighter team... It looks like they won't give us an easy mode. xP

Couldn't they just nerf those units a bit and release them? Like reduce the boost to 1.5x or make it last 1 turn instead of two.

Now that I think about it, what would happen with Shiki? Would he be released in Global?

bjork

Nami dropped twice for me on the 20, so I didn't feel as bad about whiffing hard on the 30 on my first try.

I`m just level 71 and i always read that people collect books. Why do people collect them and by books do you mean the manuals?

Yeah, the skill books for people's specials. The reason people save them is to wait until there's a skill-up event, where the rate is success rate is supposed to be 2X what it normally is. That way, if the math works out right, you could max someone's special with 1/2 of the books you'd need normally.

That's never been my experience, but that's the idea behind it.

[snip]

Thanks. Gonna take a post-work nap and call the insurance to get everything sorted out, so after today I should know exactly where I'm at.

As for your team, are you using GP Usopp's special at all?

HabeeNo

Lost twice to 30 Stamina Nami, but after I got a hang of it, she's super doable.

Double Blackbeard
Alvida / Fossa
GPU / Sun Pirates Arlong

Got Sunny ready by stage 5, and used it when Nami has all her goons. Then on the final stage, took a hit from the Nami clones after using Alvida's special. After one of the clones speed them up on turn 3, used GPU special and wiped them in 4 turns

Ik most of you guys probably wiped the fortnight with no trouble, but I just felt like sharing my experience lol

bjork

Got the ranking down with a Killer team, took two tries but I got it.

My Nami team is

Kidd/Baby 5
Kidd/Diamante
GP Usopp/WB

seems to work ok, Kidd's special twice on the last stage can take a chunk out of them. Raid Mihawk could replace WB for the special, since it's the same.

RedBoot

Even without Jimbei, 3D2Y Part 2 is really good, all four characters are useful. Still doesn't make sense that they'd pull him, especially since he and 3D2Y Luffy have synergy. Maybe they'll give us him and Legend Law alongside the SW Replacement batches?

Now that I think about it, what would happen with Shiki? Would he be released in Global?

I wouldn't expect to get Shiki, especially since we've already missed out on Strong World content in the past. He's kind of technically canon/part of the manga, but that didn't save him from getting pulled from JPN, so we don't have a shot.

The rest of the movie content is still a question mark, but I wouldn't expect any of it. I am holding out a slight bit of hope for Film Gold, though.

Kyou

welp, my phone just suddenly died. Good thing for SNS backup!

Dokkan battle's going to be a trickier one to recover...

Which team are you using? Would you mind posting your box or something?

If you feel you've hit a wall, do some fortnights. Isn't Smoker right now? He is a good unit. Start from the lowest tier and see what's the best you can do.

Farming story mode isn't recommended since drop rate is really low there.
Sorry, I'm at work so can't look at my exact team at the moment but I have Baby 5 as captain and everyone else is regular pirates. They are their "Max" level I believe, I choose the ones with the highest HP and Attack Power and try to represent multiple colors. I know for sure I have red and blue, I think I have a purple in too.

Thank you, I didn't think I could handle fortnights yet but I'll give the low tier a try. Maybe that will be the key to being strong enough for the early stretch. Do you get solid xp from fortnights? My main problem is probably not enough team points so I can't put my Legendary Lucci in.
Isnt that boss Alvida?
No, I wrecked her (probably mostly do to friend though ;p) It was the Lion tamer guy. You get 4 turns I think and then his lion does a special which instantly wiped me. I was close to killing him before it though but mostly due to my friend's unit. I need to stop being carried by them so much ;p
Thanks. Gonna take a post-work nap and call the insurance to get everything sorted out, so after today I should know exactly where I'm at.

As for your team, are you using GP Usopp's special at all?

Good luck again! Hope it goes as well as it can.

I haven't upgraded him yet, his evolve boxes still show a question mark I think. What do I need to evolve him to that form? Also, what level does he have to be? I've only been leveling Baby 5 although I leveled Lucci a little at the start until I realized I wouldn't be able to use him anytime soon haha

bjork

I was close to killing him before it though but mostly due to my friend's unit. I need to stop being carried by them so much ;p

Don't even worry about that. That's what the whole friend captain system is there for, so team up with the best captain for your team and tear ass. I would probably use a Sengoku friend captain because his boost is so big.

I haven't upgraded him yet, his evolve boxes still show a question mark I think. What do I need to evolve him to that form? Also, what level does he have to be? I've only been leveling Baby 5 although I leveled Lucci a little at the start until I realized I wouldn't be able to use him anytime soon haha

He needs a Sea Pony, a Yellow Robber Penguin, and a Yellow Armored Crab. So since you've got extra island open, make sure to check for which evolvers are available there each today. Today is penguin day, and the one you need is on the easier tier, so that's one you could knock out pretty easy. If you miss it, you can get it at Shells Town 1 or 3, or Syrup Village 1, all low stamina stages.

You can get the crab you need either on crab day, or at Arlong Park 5 or 7, but the Arlong Park ones can either be purple or yellow. I don't think they both appear on the same run, so it's random. A Sea Pony on seahorse day, or it can be farmed at Fushia Village 2 for very little stamina.

He's definitely a unit that you want to focus on, because he's key in so many team builds.

Yeah, the skill books for people's specials. The reason people save them is to wait until there's a skill-up event, where the rate is success rate is supposed to be 2X what it normally is. That way, if the math works out right, you could max someone's special with 1/2 of the books you'd need normally.

That's never been my experience, but that's the idea behind it.

oh i see. I always thought people were collecting specific books to get a better chance pulling the pictured character at sugofest.

Don't even worry about that. That's what the whole friend captain system is there for, so team up with the best captain for your team and tear ass. I would probably use a Sengoku friend captain because his boost is so big.

He needs a Sea Pony, a Yellow Robber Penguin, and a Yellow Armored Crab. So since you've got extra island open, make sure to check for which evolvers are available there each today. Today is penguin day, and the one you need is on the easier tier, so that's one you could knock out pretty easy. If you miss it, you can get it at Shells Town 1 or 3, or Syrup Village 1, all low stamina stages.

You can get the crab you need either on crab day, or at Arlong Park 5 or 7, but the Arlong Park ones can either be purple or yellow. I don't think they both appear on the same run, so it's random. A Sea Pony on seahorse day, or it can be farmed at Fushia Village 2 for very little stamina.

He's definitely a unit that you want to focus on, because he's key in so many team builds.
I wish I had a Sengoku friend ;p The strongest one I have is a Mihawk I think though there's a regular Shanks that's attack is up in the 700s too. I finally got Baby 5's attack into the 500's so maybe that's good enough for now? I can switch over to leveling Usopp? What level do I need to get him to for him to evolve?

Thanks for the tips on ingredients! I'm pretty positive I have the penguin already but I don't have a yellow crab. I can't remember if I have yellow for the sea pony or not. Or are they not colored? I'm pretty sure I remember red ones so they must be. Sounds like I should just wait for the pony themed day and crab themed. Thanks again! I'll shift my focus to acquiring Golden Pound Usopp and trying to level/farm the low tier fortnights. What level does Golden Pound need to be to be effective? Since his special is what's good, perhaps not very high?

bjork

oh i see. I always thought people were collecting specific books to get a better chance pulling the pictured character at sugofest.

Man. I wish it worked that way. So far, no one's found a concrete way to exploit the rare recruit. Not even throwing a ton of money at it works.

I wish I had a Sengoku friend ;p The strongest one I have is a Mihawk I think though there's a regular Shanks that's attack is up in the 700s too. I finally got Baby 5's attack into the 500's so maybe that's good enough for now? I can switch over to leveling Usopp? What level do I need to get him to for him to evolve?

Thanks for the tips on ingredients! I'm pretty positive I have the penguin already but I don't have a yellow crab. I can't remember if I have yellow for the sea pony or not. Or are they not colored? I'm pretty sure I remember red ones so they must be. Sounds like I should just wait for the pony themed day and crab themed. Thanks again! I'll shift my focus to acquiring Golden Pound Usopp and trying to level/farm the low tier fortnights. What level does Golden Pound need to be to be effective? Since his special is what's good, perhaps not very high?

Seahorses just come in the one color, but different tiers. Colt/pony/horse/elder, iirc. It's generally a good idea to keep a few of each, if you get them, since they're used with so many evolutions.

As for GPU, if you just get him evolved for now, you're on the right track. Once he's evolved, you have his special, no matter what level he's at. Then, whenever Kuro's fortnight comes around again, GPU skillbooks drop on the 15-stamina difficulty. By the time it comes back, that'll probably be a cakewalk for your crew.

MANUELF

Banned
Apparently the new event got leaked. Kinda strange but ok. http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/42-...ws-les-events-en-septembre-sur-la-globale.htm

Most important things:
- New story island next week: Sabaody Island
- Skill up event in the 2nd week
- Turtle FP pulls
Im only at Little Garden and Sabaody is coming..., plus turtle FP recruits <3 but they will cost 1k each :(
My team is still working but now the bosses hit like trucks, the last boss in whiskey peak hit me for 4k when my max hp is 6k

Jayhawk

First world problem post with regards to decision-making due to multiple legendaries on my global account.

So, I have Log Luffy, Whitebeard, Hancock, Sengoku, Rayleigh, and Mihawk legendaries. I am trying to figure out my priorities on powering up with the sockets we get from the upcoming Colosseum.

I believe Mihawk raid is coming back next week, so I am going to try to fully-socket my INT Mihawk with raid Mihawk drops. Bind and despair are givens. I am thinking of going with auto-heal with one of the other sockets and orb chance or cooldown reduction with the last one. Auto-heal seems handy for slasher teams, especially with the RCV reduction from the coffin boat. But then, what if I need to use INT Mihawk on a Whitebeard team? Are there situations where raid Mihawk is better than INT Mihawk?

Going back to Whitebeard... are there any situations in this game where he is a clearly superior captain option than one of my other legendaries? Log Luffy and Whitebeard both have 100% clearance rate on Gamewith. But managing your team's HP on a Whitebeard team seems like it involves more effort and I don't have the boat from his training forest yet, while a Log Luffy captained team can afford to eat meat orbs to deal with mistakes. Rayleigh teams can also eat meat orbs, but that hurts their combo multiplier.

I generally run fortnights, rankings, and story mode with Sengoku or Rayleigh captain just because their teams are pretty straightforward to use and execute with. Which of the following legends do you guys recommend socketing first: Whitebeard, Sengoku, or Rayleigh?

After only logging on the game just for the daily rainbow gems for a few months, I am back into the game in full force. Too bad I missed a ranking or two for the prizes from those. :(

Top Bottom