• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

There's no special socket event. There are socket books dedicated to a specific socket, but we haven't seen them often. The only special events I can think of are skill-up events or a better chance of super success, neither of which involve sockets.

Thanks bjork. So, should I just use them? The free space in my box is getting too small because of them.

bjork

If you're just using FN characters to socket other versions, you can do that any time with no worries. But if you're socketing the FN characters with FN dupes, it depends on whether you want to also try and max their skill. I personally just feed right away, but some here swear by waiting for a skill up event.

Kyou

I'm kinda surprised they havent come up with a socket event, though what would it realistically be?

Something like double sockets per thing? That seems like a bit too much

bjork

There'a a thing in Crows x Worst Dynamite where you pull for a character, but it will pick 3 and you choose the one you want from that. I'd love to have sonething like this for slots, some influence over the sockets just to make it less tedious.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Thanks bjork. So, should I just use them? The free space in my box is getting too small because of them.

If only socketing, do it at any time. If you're doing special ups, I strongly recommend waiting for a 2X special up event for any important characters.

I'm kinda surprised they havent come up with a socket event, though what would it realistically be?

I think socket specific books are essentially the "socket event".

RalchAC

Increased chance to get a point in a socket you've already assigned could work, imo.

Like, my Doffy has Bind / Despair so I have an extra chance to get those.

If the chance to land one socket is 10%, they could increase the chance to 30% if the character has one socket, 25% if he has 2, 20% if he has 3 and so it goes.

Giving a bigger boost the fewer sockets a character has would be great, since socketing characters like Mihawk or other early raid bosses is dreadful.

mileS

If you're just using FN characters to socket other versions, you can do that any time with no worries. But if you're socketing the FN characters with FN dupes, it depends on whether you want to also try and max their skill. I personally just feed right away, but some here swear by waiting for a skill up event.

I flat out refuse to do it outside the event unless the special is nearly useless or for a character I can't see myself using anytime soon.

Honestly one of my biggest beefs with the game is just how stupidly low the % is to skill up outside of an event.

bjork

I flat out refuse to do it outside the event unless the special is nearly useless or for a character I can't see myself using anytime soon.

Honestly one of my biggest beefs with the game is just how stupidly low the % is to skill up outside of an event.

I would agree with this, but I feel like it's a crapshoot. I maxed my Mihawk and Perona during their FNs and outside of skill up events. It took me over a year to get Doflamingo done, even during skill up. Though, if I were feeding legend dupes, I would wait for 2x, and the one time I did it, got my sengoku a skill up, so idk.

RedBoot

I would agree with this, but I feel like it's a crapshoot. I maxed my Mihawk and Perona during their FNs and outside of skill up events. It took me over a year to get Doflamingo done, even during skill up. Though, if I were feeding legend dupes, I would wait for 2x, and the one time I did it, got my sengoku a skill up, so idk.

Crapshoot's the best word for it. I've gone 0 for 18 on Onigumo copies during a skill-up, and I've gone 7 for 10 on Risky Bros skillbooks during normal rates. It's all RNG. But skill-up maximizes your chances, so it's the best option for anything you're really wanting to max.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Though here is another question, can (should) I feed QCK Robin to PSY Robin?

If she's your best Robin, yeah. QCK Robin isn't particularly useful for anything, so she's best used for sockets. PSY Robin has 3 slots and Bind/Despair reduction is always nice, so she's worth socketing.

That being said, Nico Robin (the one with the 2x INT boost), SW/Loyal Strawhat Robin, and 3D2Y Robin are all better socket targets if you have them. PSY Robin's probably the 4th best (well, I'd put Wedding Robin above her, but I doubt many of us have her).

Forgot to mention this but finally managed to evolve my story Sanji to Diable Jump Flambe :)
You can, and she'll get a socket for it. Which PSY robin? They're all pretty good.
c0709.png

If she's your best Robin, yeah. QCK Robin isn't particularly useful for anything, so she's best used for sockets. PSY Robin has 3 slots and Bind/Despair reduction is always nice, so she's worth socketing.

That being said, Nico Robin (the one with the 2x INT boost), SW/Loyal Strawhat Robin, and 3D2Y Robin are all better socket targets if you have them. PSY Robin's probably the 4th best (well, I'd put Wedding Robin above her, but I doubt many of us have her).

Nah, I only have PSY, 4*DEX and QCK. I only use her PSY version since she has good HP and acceptable ATK.

MANUELF

Banned
Got my Kuma copy on my second try, on the first one I was killed by those general zombies, kuma himself wasnt that hard on 40, I killed him before he could attack with my Monster Chopper farm team(doble Enel, Thatch, fn Kaku, GP Usopp and Mihawk) Gp Usopp was useless since he went flying and Mihawk also because of his Dex inmunity so I can beat him faster by bringing someone else instead of Mihawk

I had completely forgotten what team I used for Kuma. Thankfully, I made a post about it before. Time to get to work :D
Thanks for the Enel link. I was able to beat Kuma easily with this team.
I nearly messed up by not using Enel before the second attack. However, I had a lucky orb on Lucci from my stalling which provided a higher initial burst (~1.7m). Enel on the 3rd attack allowed me to KO him before even finishing all 5 hits. :D

Let the farming begin.

I'm going to make so many mistakes in stalling my Enel's 28 CD, I just know it. :/

I need to finish 3 points in my CD socket on my Kuma but I have little motivation to relearn the raid and do the socket grind marathon. Meh. It's only the CD socket, maybe I'll wait one day until he's half stamina.

Kyou

I had completely forgotten what team I used for Kuma. Thankfully, I made a post about it before. Time to get to work :D

using something similar to this now

Enel/Enel
Story Lucci/Legend Doffy
Hatchan/Nero

worked pretty well, seems safe. Just attack for the first three turns(use one of the enels during that) then burst with everyone's specials at once and finish him off

edit: Yeah this is working 100% no problem.

RedBoot

Oh, right, I forgot about the part in Kuma's raid where sometimes everyone in Wave 3 spawns with a 1 turn timer and you basically just have to sit down and die. :/

Running Marco/Enel with Thatch, Beast Lucci, Nero, and Doffy. Attacking some of the red mobs with Doffy lets me stall pretty much forever (since Marco cuts the damage and Enel heals the rest), so I can use any friend Enel. Works well enough, if not a bit slow.

I was under the impression that double Sengoku with Beast Lucci, Dock Kaku, Nero, and Ganfall would work, but it looks like you need both Sengokus at max skill level to get it at all reliable.

Not sure how many Kumas I'll need. I don't necessarily need to max him yet, but getting him to at least 21 should be comfortable (since Legend Croc's books are yet to come).

Jayhawk

Reading that 60 stamina is pretty easy makes me want to try it but that wont happen until my stamina recovers

You're reading testimonials from people whose teams are made of mostly max leveled units.

1. How many turns would it take for your team to kill Kuma?
2. Is your team strong enough to kill General Zombie and 1-2 more zombies in one turn?

60 stamina Kuma is still very much a "make one wrong move and get hit for 60,000 damage by berserked mobs" raid
I always have to be mindful not to let the Red Zombies fall below 20% when Doffy stalling on them. If so, that's a nasty 12k hit to eat. Thankfully, I have over 20k HP this time around due to getting Moby Dick recently.

Hana-Bi

Damn, Kid Colo requires a special leveled Kuma, I think I only got 3 skill ups the last time Kuma was around. Hopefully the the next skill up event is before Kid goes away...

Will use almost the same team against Shiki for Kuma. (double Enel, legend Doffy, story Lucci, WB and Leo with Sunny for stage 3).

What's your team build? I just got Thatch, so he is only lvl 1. However, I may be able to use your team next time Kuma returns for much faster runs than my 2x Enel team.

I had

Marco (Friend)/Thatch
RR Jabra/Enel
Penguin/Capone

Finish stages 1-3 without taking damage, stall on 4. Capone before finishing stage 4 and Thatch and Jabra on Kuma's turn 1 to take off a chunk of his hp. Enel then Marco on turn 3 or 4 for burst.

Thatch and Enel are probably the essential characters here. I suppose you could switch Capone with a different orb controller and Jabra with FN Kaku or something. Or you could probably just use some QCK beatsticks. You can hit pretty hard anyway with Marco's 2.75x and Thatch's 3x.

EDIT: Penguin should also be non-QCK so it doesn't get the ATK boost from the captain abilities.

RedBoot

You're reading testimonials from people whose teams are made of mostly max leveled units.

1. How many turns would it take for your team to kill Kuma?
2. Is your team strong enough to kill General Zombie and 1-2 more zombies in one turn?

Another thing to note is how important Raid Enel is to most teams. You either need him at max skill, or you need to be able to stall long enough to get his skill ready (you can stall almost infinitely on wave 4, but that requires you to build your team a certain way). So you might need to build up an Enel first. As usual, most raids in this game flow into each other.

We'll probably be able to use Colo Apoo in some teams instead of Enel in the future, but it could be a while before we see him in Global.

Really, I never bought that this raid is so "easy." It's still a 60 stamina raid. The enemy waves leading up to Kuma are very dangerous, particularly if you get a bad set of turn counters.

Adeptrain

I had

Marco (Friend)/Thatch
RR Jabra/Enel
Penguin/Capone

Finish stages 1-3 without taking damage, stall on 4. Capone before finishing stage 4 and Thatch and Jabra on Kuma's turn 1 to take off a chunk of his hp. Enel then Marco on turn 3 or 4 for burst.

Thatch and Enel are probably the essential characters here. I suppose you could switch Capone with a different orb controller and Jabra with FN Kaku or something. Or you could probably just use some QCK beatsticks. You can hit pretty hard anyway with Marco's 2.75x and Thatch's 3x.

EDIT: Penguin should also be non-QCK so it doesn't get the ATK boost from the captain abilities.

This part about penguins did me in two times! First time I used a blue penguin to keep everything blue and couldn't stall long enough...ㅜㅜ. Second time, I tried a Sengoku team and realized sengoku's captain buff works just enough that my penguin killed the little beast guy in less than 10 turns...ㅜㅜ. Sigh...120 energy!! hard lessons learned.

Jayhawk

Box space is at a 1000 and I'm already struggling to stay under it. I guess I'll put farming Kuma on hold. Coliseum Kid is going to destroy my box space.

bjork

Got less than an hour of post-jury duty sleep, so I called in sick to work. Feeling super groggy atm, so I think I'm gonna have to let Kuma pass this time. I don't feel like whiffing a bunch of times because I'm drowsy. Might run something less intense, like story mode for units I'm missing.

Kumo

Hmm, I fed all the tomes I got today from going through all the chaos coliseum stages besides last stage for Hawkins, and I ended up getting max autoheal on Whitebeard. Should I keep it or swap for damage reduction? Most people on my friend list seem to have gone with damage reduction.

bjork

Hmm, I fed all the tomes I got today from going through all the chaos coliseum stages besides last stage for Hawkins, and I ended up getting max autoheal on Whitebeard. Should I keep it or swap for damage reduction? Most people on my friend list seem to have gone with damage reduction.

I've never used my WB as a captain, so I'm not sure: how hard is it to maintain his HP threshold to activate his captain ability? I couldn't see +100 per turn messing that up unless it was really close to the edge.

Also, do you have the other sockets you want for him? Keep in mind that as long as you have +5 to one socket, it won't appear again unless you choose to swap it out. Could make it easier to get the other sockets you want first, then you could ditch it for something else.

Jayhawk

I mostly use my Whitebeard as a sub in Log Luffy or Kid/Vergo striker teams, so I opt for that sweet auto-heal.

Kumo

I've never used my WB as a captain, so I'm not sure: how hard is it to maintain his HP threshold to activate his captain ability? I couldn't see +100 per turn messing that up unless it was really close to the edge.

Also, do you have the other sockets you want for him? Keep in mind that as long as you have +5 to one socket, it won't appear again unless you choose to swap it out. Could make it easier to get the other sockets you want first, then you could ditch it for something else.

Yeah it shouldn't be hard to maintain the threshold with only level 1 auto heal, but i can see level 3 or higher being problematic. Also, a lot of my units will end up having auto heal so using Whitebeard as a captain may just not be an option in the future. I'm currently 4/4/4/5/5 in bind,silence,cooldown,autoheal,orbs so I'm almost there. I'll most likely keep it after thinking about it.

I mostly use my Whitebeard as a sub in Log Luffy or Kid/Vergo striker teams, so I opt for that sweet auto-heal.

Yeah WB is a great sub but his captain ability makes it worth considering and also worth noting that you get access to 2 WB specials.

EMT0

Banned
I think I'm going to do something of a microblog in this thread on my progress in bringing my newly rerolled account up to speed. I figure that while sure, a new players' outline exists, I haven't seen many outline their journey, which is something I first looked for when I began playing.

Day 1+2: Assembling the Mihawk Killer Team

My first day wasn't particularly productive and more of going through the motions of starting a new account. I threw together a team of Luffy, some cheap units, and fodder units like bandits and proceeded to blaze through the story up to the completion of Shells Town. Since I started during the Frieza event, I was immediately able to roll with Gear 2nd Luffy and some of the cheaper East Blue Strawhats like Nami and Usopp. New players will want to go Luffy + Rare Recruit + fodder. You'll also be able to more or less play nonstop until Arlong Park due to the low threshold for leveling up, which will fully restore your stamina which is the biggest limiter on progress in the game. As you level up, your team capacity will expand and you'll want to put stronger and stronger units on your team. This level limit will be the biggest handicap to clearing tougher stuff for you for a good while. As long as you're evolving your units, this strategy should easily carry you up to Arlong Park.

The only notable moment of the first day was getting extremely lucky, and getting Alvida to drop as I was going through the story. Some of you may recall that I dedicated entire days in the past to trying to farm a single Alvida on my original account so needless to say, so much schadenfreude.

While I was rather lazy about it, I also made sure to spend the early levels on Penguin Island to obtain a healthy stock of evolvers, using all of the gems I earned from story mode as box expansion bait. I had plans for the next day...

By the end of the first day, my team looked something like:

Gear Second x 2
Zoro - Alvida
Usopp - Rainbow Penguin

Notable Gains:
-Alvida from story mode
-~Lv 25
---------------------------

Now, day 2? That was a crazy day full of progress.

The very first thing I did was begin to clear all of the dragon islands(minus rainbow). Double Gear 2nd was more than enough to clear all three with ease, and so a small stock of dragons was secured. Between my low player level and the high payout of experience via Frieza 20 stamina, I was able to acquire a small stock of dragons while leveling up.

Which brings us into the second topic. Grinding Frieza made for very easy, very fast level ups, especially since 20 Stamina Frieza is easily cleared and gives about 3.2k exp each run. As a result, I more than doubled my player level by the end of the day and acquired a steady stream of books, lobsters/crabs, and boosters.

The end result? I've evolved every single East Blue Strawhat into their third stage form, barring Usopp and Nami. Luffy began as Gear Third, but now Zoro is Ashura Zoro, Sanji is Diable Jambe Sanji, Usopp is Golden Pound Usopp, and Nami is Mirage Tempo Nami. Additionally, a spare Nami is due to be evolved into Thunderbolt Tempo Nami as soon as a INT crab drops. Additionally, all of my Strawhats are between Lv 45-50.

Next on the list is Alvida. She was evolved and is currently sitting at Lv. 45 over the course of the day thanks to a steady stream of fodder books and turtles/pigs. This was made possible thanks to set of princess turtles that came as a prize from the Frieza event, which helped boost the above units to their current states.

Thanks to all of the leveling, my box has a small stockpile of just about every evolver, lobsters included, barring INT crabs which are just a matter of time. I've also got about 2-3 books for each East Blue Strawhat plus Chopper and minus Usopp, so a fair amount of space in my box is dedicated to books atm. I additionally got 3 Mr.3 books and 6 Mr.5 skillbooks which I plan to sit on. A skillup event just can't come soon enough.

Whenever my remaining EXP to the next level allowed for it, I ran the Arlong Fortnight at 8 stamina(the second one) with the goal of getting him to drop. He finally dropped late in the day, and I switched over to Noland, who also dropped easily. Chalk up two more tallies for the good guys.

By the end of the day, this was my go-to team:

2x Gear 2nd Luffy
Ashura Zoro - Diable Jambe Sanji
GP Usopp - Smooth Smooth Alvida

I also began building a preliminary Powerhouse team, but cost limitations are keeping me in check at the moment. Expect this to be a problem for at least the next week or so. It's also not particularly strong atm due to having zero powerhouse friend captains:

Legend Lucci
Alvida - Arlong
Diable Jambe Sanji - Armored Crab

The short-term goal with this team is to replace the armored crab with GP Usopp and evolve Arlong. Longterm, useful subs are already there like Legend Marco and Vergo. Alvida and GP Usopp will both be situationally useful for a long, long time due to being staples. Other situational subs like Arm Point Chopper, Arlong, the above-mentioned Sanji, and Fukuro means that I'll likely be leaning heavily on this Powerhouse team for the midgame onwards.

Finally, a just-built team which I imagine will see some use very, very soon once I can find a QCK Friend Captain.

Legend Marco
Capone Bege - Diable Jambe Sanji
QCK Lobster - QCK Crab

This team is likely to be my strongest team in the short term, but is hampered by my currently narrow character pool and the high cost of most of my units. Straight beatdown will be the name of the game with this team for the forseeable future. Shorterm goals are to increase our team cost capacity to run more useful subs like GP Usopp that are low-cost. Longterm....? Hope that the Lucci, Croc, and Okama fortnights roll around again, I suppose. Candy Sanji would make Capone a whole lot better.

Notable gains:
-Evolved Ashura Zoro, Diable Jambe Sanji, Smooth Smooth Alvida, GP Usopp, Mirage Tempo Nami, and Candelabra Mr. 3
-Dropped Nolan and Arlong
-Leveled to Lv 57
-Stockpiled a full set of evolvers, small stockpile of Strawhat and Mr. 3/5 books

Goals for tomorrow:
-Hit Pirate Level 65+
-Evolve spare Nami to Thunderbolt Tempo Nami
-Obtain Calgura
-Evolve Arlong to Enraged Arlong
-Boost Bege, Arlong to Lv. 50

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
don't feel like doing kuma for whatever reason. Also farmed the shit out of him originally and have him at 4/5/5 sockets and 17 CD (i think the sockets are damage reduction/bind/auto-heal, tbh)

Jayhawk

Yeah WB is a great sub but his captain ability makes it worth considering and also worth noting that you get access to 2 WB specials.

Level 1/2 auto-heal is very manageable with WB captains, and in some cases help with stalling. WB teams tend to be very specific with who they get hit by. With autoheal sockets, you just modify the calculations a little bit. Damage reduction sockets also force you to calculate if it makes a difference with who you take hits from too.

MANUELF

Banned
Nice EMT0, and what luck in Alvida dropping without farming for her, currently my team in my second global account is Sengoku/AP Chopper, Evolved Zoro, Tabasco Usopp and PSS Sanji, dont have much in terms of cost and I was farming Colliseum for EXP, since I was given the account I lost all free turtles, DEX luffy and books so my start has been harder but already got Arlong and Noland too and I was farming for Calgara/Sadie

Kyou

Kuma farming is going well, but man a) it is slow goings and b) 60 stamina raids are expensive to farm

Hit PL 300 though

I'm not sure if I actually want to farm Kuma..

my notable quick units:

level 90 enel with +94rcv, zero skill ups
level 91 thatch
level max h.zoro
level 90 jabra
level 92 fn kaku
level 95 story lucci
level 76 hina

And a bunch of other nonsense.

I guess there's probably a Kuma team in there somewhere, but my socket game is really pathetic for quick & I'm too lazy to figure out how to deal with Kuma.

bobohoro

Can do 40 stam Kuma easy enough.
Don't think I will try my hand at 60 stamina though, seems I lack the levels to burst him down without orb luck and the stages leading up to him seem to pose an even bigger problem.
Will get a copy to evolve and put off farming him for waaaaay later.

Adeptrain

Can do 40 stam Kuma easy enough.
Don't think I will try my hand at 60 stamina though, seems I lack the levels to burst him down without orb luck and the stages leading up to him seem to pose an even bigger problem.
Will get a copy to evolve and put off farming him for waaaaay later.

Yup, me too. Exactly the same situation. I got two copies...and that was over 12 hours. So, I'm giving up for now :)

Hana-Bi

Lol, used WB against Kuma and forgot that his health cut won't do any damage against Kuma... I use 3d2y Robin instead. This way I kill Kuma in two turns if Leo is on vacation or I can kill him in one turn if Robin is blown away.

RalchAC

So after skipping Kuma last time for no reason, I decided to give it a go with the following team:

Enel / Enel
Lucci / Leo
Kaku / Doffy

After a few runs, I found out that I don't need to stall 32 turns! So I just stall until my friend's special is ready.

So yeah, I'm happy. I'm aiming for 20 Kuma dupes or so.

RR30

I'm going for 10-15 Kuma's today. Already got 5 from this morning. I'm off Monday so I think I'll go heavy on Enel Monday and aim for 30-50 copies.

After weeks in the making and 6 fucking Sandersonia drops, I finally got Marigold to drop. Marigold's quote was "I'm going to break you and take my time doing it." Screw you, game.

RedBoot

Looks like the next colo batch in Japan is Kanjuro, Gedatsu, and Chopper. Hopefully Kanjuro'll be just as good as Kinemon.

Also, with Ohm, Shura, and now Gedatsu, I think we can expect a Colo Satori someday. Chopper is the second Strawhat to show up after Franky, so maybe there'll be more eventually? A Colo Sanji would be super welcome, would be the best way to farm him.

Personally, though, I just want a Colo Tashigi. We already got Smoker and Hina, and I want a better way to socket Kimono Tashigi and RR Tashigi (who I will certainly totally get) than a secret spawn in an old fortnight.

Hana-Bi

Oh man, double Enel really isn't the fastest way to clear a raid... Really wanted to farm Kuma for at least 80 copies (need to socket two Kumas) but 70 seems to be the maximum. I'm at 40+/- right now.

Top Bottom