• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

MANUELF

Banned
Got a Sengoku/Jinbei account to play casually on my tablet and to celebrate did a pull on my main account and got Evolved Mr3 so now I dont need to farm him anymore

RedBoot

No, I don't believe so, but we should get it eventually.

On the normal cycle of fortnights, the Jimbei fortnight is actually only two fortnights away. But since we've been hopping around with the movie fortnights lately, it's hard to say exactly when we'll get it. My guess is Film Z (starts tomorrow), Gran Tesoro, Kimono Hats 2, and then Kimono Jinbe.

bjork

Outside of Enel and Boa, who is considered a key character for RCV cotton candy? I could see the value in a character that has a RCV-based captain ability or special, like a Princess Vivi, but beyond that, I'm kinda drawing a blank. Looking at characters with really low or even negative HP seems like they wouldn't benefit from +100 RCV over one of the other two.

Adeptrain

Outside of Enel and Boa, who is considered a key character for RCV cotton candy? I could see the value in a character that has a RCV-based captain ability or special, like a Princess Vivi, but beyond that, I'm kinda drawing a blank. Looking at characters with really low or even negative HP seems like they wouldn't benefit from +100 RCV over one of the other two.

Outside of Boa or Enel, I can't think of anyone who really benefit from RCV cotton candy...other than maybe Support characters like Perona or Usopp, whose attack isn't important anyway, so why not put RCV/HP.

Ah, and my condolences to everyone that got burned by this Sugofest. Lots of people seemed to have pulled against their better judgement. I personally think it's because they highlighted SW Ace and Shanks :/

Tidd

3D2Y Sanji, Int Ivankov, Legend Marco, Ideo.

Kyou

I never want to see Indigo fortnight again, so tired of playing it, at least I have 11 3d2y sanji books
I tense up every time I click a snail

don't give me meat don't give me meat...

edit: maxed Billy, near maxed(like 1 or 2 levels) 3D2Y Chopper, Scarlett, Indigo, Oars, that stupid phy guy

MANUELF

Banned

edit: maxed Billy, near maxed(like 1 or 2 levels) 3D2Y Chopper, Scarlett, Indigo, Oars, that stupid phy guy

I stopped playing it when I got bored and started farming story characters, got Cabaji and Lulu but no Tilestone :(

EMT0

Banned
My current tally is this for double legends(I consider Gear 3rd a functional legend):

-SW Shanks + Jinbe
-Marco + IntHawk
-Sabo + IntHawk
-Rayleigh + Whitebeard x 2
-Corazon + Gear 3rd
-Log Luffy + Crocoboy
-Corazon + SW Shanks (gone)
-Jinbe + Gear 3rd
-SW Shanks + SW Ace

Also got double Log Luffy and double Cabbage, but I didn't bother saving em.

If you were to pick one of these to start with, which would it be? I think my favorite is Shanks + Jinbe, if only because they're high on my favorite character list and there's really no wrong choice.

I'm committed to three legends or don't restart at all, but I'm open to parting with these, btw. Feel free to request them.

MANUELF

Banned
My current tally is this for double legends(I consider Gear 3rd a functional legend):

-SW Shanks + Jinbe
-Marco + IntHawk
-Sabo + IntHawk
-Rayleigh + Whitebeard x 2
-Corazon + Gear 3rd
-Log Luffy + Crocoboy
-Corazon + SW Shanks (gone)
-Jinbe + Gear 3rd
-SW Shanks + SW Ace

If you were to pick one of these to start with, which would it be? I think my favorite is Shanks + Jinbe, if only because they're high on my favorite character list and there's really no wrong choice.

I'm committed to three legends or don't restart at all, but I'm open to parting with these, btw. Feel free to request them.
I would pick Rayleigh + Whitebeard, Rayleigh is an excellent early and rainbow captain and Whitebeard can be on the same team since he is a great sub and his special is amazing

Running the numbers on a theoretical team, the damage output is actually pretty similar.

Killer Team:
http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...,840:99,999:99,15:50C13,10B0D0E0Q0L0G0R0S100H

Vergo Team:
http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...,312:99,999:99,15:50C13,10B0D0E0Q0L0G0R0S100H

On the one hand, Killer can use any subs rather than be restricted to Strikers. On the other hand, Vergo will do more consistent damage throughout, meaning that groups of 5 or 6 enemies won't pose as much of an issue. In either case, you have options.
Whoa, didn't expect you to run a simulation for me GE. Cheers man!

Yeah, after seeing those numbers I'm a lot more interested in making a striker team. Especially since with Killer sometimes I have problems dealing with mobs.

mileS

Got a nice haul of elders from FP Turtle's. Shame I get about 75% less points ever since that Friend Captain system change. People are only selecting the 200 candy full socket characters.. My Sengoku with 140 candy + 3/5 sockets is trash. I'm the red headed step child now lmao.

Jayhawk

Saving all my fp for 1/11 when BN accidentally makes friend pull all legends

Back to about enough FP for 50 FP pulls since the FP sugo. Saving my FP as well. We get so many pigs from Fortnights, I'm leveling up units I never use.

35 Hawkins copies and 5 SBs. I'd like 10 more but I'm gonna prioritize farming 3D2Y Nami and Luffy books.

I also need to grab a Noland and Calgara since I took a break from the game when they first arrived. Not a high priority to skill them up as much for my Sengoku teams. I only use Sengoku for FNs... and raid Doflamingo still the preferred orb booster over Noland. Wouldn't use STR beatsticks like Calgara as often with Sengoku since I can use stronger STR subs in LL, Kid, Fossa, BB, WB, INThawk and even Rayleigh teams.

Adeptrain

Does anyone else keep all the Legend skill books you get, even though you don't have that legend yet? I have 12 SW Shanks and 7 SW Ace books now and I hate the idea of feeding them away...I save them just in-case I get the legend in the future :) Probably Naive of me, but until I need the space, I'll keep them.

RalchAC

Does anyone else keep all the Legend skill books you get, even though you don't have that legend yet? I have 12 SW Shanks and 7 SW Ace books now and I hate the idea of feeding them away...I save them just in-case I get the legend in the future :) Probably Naive of me, but until I need the space, I'll keep them.

Burned 40 Marco books I got in the Dr.Indigo Fortnight :p

I kind of save them. But if I reach my box space limit (800 right now) and have a lot of those saved, I'd rather sell them than use gems for upgrading my box space before needed.

I never want to see Indigo fortnight again, so tired of playing it, at least I have 11 3d2y sanji books

Hahaha holy shit, so I'm not the only one who was left an absolute mess playing that indigo fortnight?

I can't even quite explain what made it so tedious to play, but it might've been one of my least fav fortnights [with decent books] to play.

MiTYH

Done with FNs + 1/2 stamina amazon lily = let's finally try this storymode!

EDIT: Aaaand done. Easy peasy storemode. Back to Tbone I guess

Hana-Bi

Overslept the second turtle time but managed to evolve Suleiman and Orlumbus with my 100 fp pulls. Will try Suleiman out for Frieza 40 stam with my IntHawk team. Should be easy now with this team:

IntHawk x2
Suleiman
3d2y Zoro
SW Shanks
Doffy

RedBoot

Hahaha holy shit, so I'm not the only one who was left an absolute mess playing that indigo fortnight?

I can't even quite explain what made it so tedious to play, but it might've been one of my least fav fortnights [with decent books] to play.

I think the odd conditionals made it a bit unfun to play. Which is funny since we had less harsh conditions than the original JPN release. :p

Sounds like the Film Z fortnight tonight still has the rough conditions on it though. Gonna be fun. :p

EMT0

Banned

Add me to the list of people who got wrecked by the Indigo fortnight.

bjork

I ran the Indigo FN exactly long enough to get the three characters from it and stopped. Too much other stuff going on.

RalchAC

Would you guys want a new Friendlist? The old one is filled with players that haven't logged in for a long time, and it seems quite a lot of people has started recently too.

I think the odd conditionals made it a bit unfun to play. Which is funny since we had less harsh conditions than the original JPN release. :p

Sounds like the Film Z fortnight tonight still has the rough conditions on it though. Gonna be fun. :p

That, the 25 turn CD on my Aokiji and the fact that nobody was using Kid in my FL.

I think I'll do Calgara first, farm like 15 copies of Sady-chan (she pairs nicely with INT Hawkins and I plan on using this combo against Tesoro), then finish my Towel Name and Burst Robin sockets. After that (if I manage lol) I dunno.

And... Well... If I want to try to farm DEX Hawkins I may have to undust my fucking Log Luffy lol.

Jayhawk

What I hate the most about the friend list is having to scroll down all the way to the bottom for Rayleigh, INThawk, and Fujitora friend captains! It's convenient when I am picking Log Luffy or Monster Chopper, but I want the option to choose what's on top without having to favourite every friend captain that has legends! I've deleted many friends from my list who haven't logged on in months, and only add randoms who have legends.

MiTYH

Agreed.

Need to think of a better way to display what we have, columns for every legend gets messy. Although I guess with the way friend captains work now it isn't as important.

True, but you'd still want to know the legends. Example: INTHawk is up for me, but I always leave one team with LLucci for friends. Others do the same. So definitely some kind of tracking of legends would be good. RR though, not so much I think

What I hate the most about the friend list is having to scroll down all the way to the bottom for Rayleigh, INThawk, and Fujitora friend captains! It's convenient when I am picking Log Luffy or Monster Chopper, but I want the option to choose what's on top without having to favourite every friend captain that has legends! I've deleted many friends from my list who haven't logged on in months, and only add randoms who have legends.

How do you sort your friends list? Sounds like by type. Min'es usually by attack since I use INThawk, and they're normally at the top.

Also, you know if you move your finger to where a scroll bar is normally, you can jump down a lot at once, right?

bjork

I just sort mine by favorite and usually it goes:

- use kyou's rayleigh x2
- don't get the drops I want
- get mad and go do something else

I try and leave a legend in each captain slot unless it's turtle time or something that calls for someone like G3 or whatever, but most times those crews are empty so I can just build the team that fits the level in question.

As far as the in-game list goes, a "same captain" sort button would be the best thing they could add imo.

Sort by star-rating, all the legends will be at the top.

I wanna say:

1. odd conditions that severely limit viable team options
2. fairly uninteresting main character drops.
3. secret char who's effect makes the fortnight even more annoying
4. fairly slow and dreary fortnight where the boss's % effects are horrible enough
that you can't just no-brain it either.

I just hope Robin's fortnight is more entertaining despite a similar condition. (though at least regular stamina means fewer runs lol)

MiTYH

no idea about what team to use tomorrow..i have NONE of the double boosted characters

The only three are Corazon, Monet, and Sugar, right? I don't have them either.

I think I'll just run poor-man's F2P Shooter team. Zypher and whatnot. Baby 5 is the only unit with both, rest will just be whatever I have.

"Luckily" I only need a few Tilestone books, and 3D2Y Nami. Don't have any other units

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
How generous is this game when it comes to free gems? For example, DBZ Dokkan has probably over 1000 stones available to get. I'm wondering if it's worth trying to get to 50 gems here in order to do another Sugfest or whatever it's called pull.

Jayhawk

How do you sort your friends list? Sounds like by type. Min'es usually by attack since I use INThawk, and they're normally at the top.

Also, you know if you move your finger to where a scroll bar is normally, you can jump down a lot at once, right?

Sort by star-rating, all the legends will be at the top.

I have 8 legends, which I rotate through, and 99% of my friend list has at least one legend that matches one of mine... so the different sorting methods don't usually work out. The only people on my FL that don't have legends are probably GAF accounts I never deleted.

Majukun

How generous is this game when it comes to free gems? For example, DBZ Dokkan has probably over 1000 stones available to get. I'm wondering if it's worth trying to get to 50 gems here in order to do another Sugfest or whatever it's called pull.

generous enough,but i don't play dokkan so i can't really compare

the amount should be around 40/50 gems (rough estimate) per month depending on what content comes out diring it

MANUELF

Banned
I wanna say:

1. odd conditions that severely limit viable team options
2. fairly uninteresting main character drops.
3. secret char who's effect makes the fortnight even more annoying
4. fairly slow and dreary fortnight where the boss's % effects are horrible enough
that you can't just no-brain it either.

I just hope Robin's fortnight is more entertaining despite a similar condition. (though at least regular stamina means fewer runs lol)
For me it was Indigo under 50% and Scarlet first 2 turns with the huge defense plus recovering hp it makes it so you need to burst Indigo or lose
The amount of times I lost because I barely put Indigo under 50%......

Hana-Bi

Huh, Frieza is kinda a good fn. Got some green lobsters and the 4 tomes gave me 2 cd sockets for Caesar, so I only need one bind and heal socket to max him. Will now focus on my Monet again. :)

For me it was Indigo under 50% and Scarlet first 2 turns with the huge defense plus recovering hp it makes it so you need to burst Indigo or lose
The amount of times I lost because I barely put Indigo under 50%......

Oh I had no trouble with Indigo cause even if SHITBIRD fucked up my doflamingo, fossa's special combined with shiki still made me get Indigo down and out.

Issue is ... that team was basically forced on me cause you NEED to get Indigo down, which I don't like.

Hana-Bi

I really had no problem with a double Kidd, Urouge, Whitebeard, Diamante and Rakuyo team for Indigo. With Aokijis bike I had enough hp to take some hits from Indigo and Scarlet.

I really had no problem with a double Kidd, Urouge, Whitebeard, Diamante and Rakuyo team for Indigo. With Aokijis bike I had enough hp to take some hits from Indigo and Scarlet.

Oh I had no trouble at all, I never died. I just found it tedious to play through.

Honestly I think it's also half stamina kinda making me feel like it'd be a waste not to play it, despite not finding it particularly fun.

Top Bottom