• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

RedBoot

I think we're all overlooking the real issue here: Indigo's a clown. Nobody likes clowns. :p

But yeah, if T-Bone didn't exist, I would have farmed a bunch of Indigo, but T-Bone's better so I just got the characters and ran. If I ever get 3D2Y Sanji I'll probably have to run it later, though.

Sugo pulls:
I went dumb dumb and did 4 pulls on a meh Sugo, but at least I got one unit that has been eluding me forever:
1 - 4* Mr. 2
2 - 4* Thatch (New, should have stopped here)
3 - 4* Chaka
4 - 5* Koala (2rd dupe of her)

Holding all 4* base dupes for Ray Shop.

What I hate the most about the friend list is having to scroll down all the way to the bottom for Rayleigh, INThawk, and Fujitora friend captains! It's convenient when I am picking Log Luffy or Monster Chopper, but I want the option to choose what's on top without having to favourite every friend captain that has legends! I've deleted many friends from my list who haven't logged on in months, and only add randoms who have legends.
I wish they had an option that puts the "Same Captain" characters on the list to the top. That would save SO much time when farming anything with the same team over and over again.

mileS

80 gems currently. 4 more story islands to go. I can't see myself going crazy farming Kuma (don't have Enel yet) So unless one of my Sengoku teams can farm it smoothly I won't be spending gems on him. Held strong and only did 1 stupid pull this Sugo. Going to see if I can keep that streak going until 2nd anniversary or when Law comes out. Whew boy, going to have a lot of gems burning a hole in my pocket but I know it will be better in the long run.

RedBoot

Yeah, the fortnight's a bit rough. I'm trying to roll primarily with characters who match both the ATK boost and the HP boost: Dock Kaku, Calgara, Braham are some examples who have useful specials. Most Namis work as well. If you can match people like that with a captain who matches at least one class, you should be fine.

On the other hand, if you happen to have Corazon, Monet, and Sugar, you should be gold. :p

Spinx

What I hate the most about the friend list is having to scroll down all the way to the bottom for Rayleigh, INThawk, and Fujitora friend captains! It's convenient when I am picking Log Luffy or Monster Chopper, but I want the option to choose what's on top without having to favourite every friend captain that has legends! I've deleted many friends from my list who haven't logged on in months, and only add randoms who have legends.

Huh ?

Just tap on the bottom of this thing

7uekEw5.png

Kyou

I'm doing Rayleigh/Rayleigh/Monet/Killer/Aokiji/GP Usopp

it does alright, but I'm not sure how much I'm going to farm this. All it really has for me is 3d2y luffy books and those seem to be super rare. I've got all the characters already so I might bounce off onto something else

Jayhawk

A GIF doesn't change the fact that the game's friend list organization options could be better, especially for streaks of speed runs for mass farming. Having to restart the game for some friend captains to become available again is ridiculous, though they've made some improvements on this. Removing multiple friends is tedious. I wonder what percentage of global players actually participated in the friend game without GPS spoofing involved. So many flaws with the friend system.

RalchAC

My team for young strawhats is:

Ace / DEX Wyper
Heraclesn / Izo
Zephyr / Gp Usopp

A GIF doesn't change the fact that the game's friend list organization options could be better, especially for streaks of speed runs for mass farming. Having to restart the game for some friend captains to become available again is ridiculous, though they've made some improvements on this. Removing multiple friends is tedious.

Yeah, there should be filters, not this friend captain non sense. I should be able to filter by class or type. Otherwise using a Friend Legend becomes quite hard since you can't get the same captain feature to appear.

Jayhawk

Yeah, there should be filters, not this friend captain non sense. I should be able to filter by class or type. Otherwise using a Friend Legend becomes quite hard since you can't get the same captain feature to appear.

The friend list choices for some stages/bosses become even more limited when socket and/or skill level values need to be met. You end up memorizing which specific friends have the sockets/skill levels you need and hope you don't need to restart the game as often for those friends to reappear.

Speaking of which, the double Sabo team I am using for new FN has been successful but could use level 1 bind sockets. INTvankov is the only unit in the group with sockets.

Sabo / Sabo
Apoo / Law
Monet / INTvankov

It's funny how high Monet's attack is with the stacked boosts.

I was able to field a Legend team for both FN, so neither were a challenge. However, the Strong World FN felt like such a long, drawn out drag to complete. This one is a complete breeze, despite the fact that the CD I need to stall for is actually a turn longer. o_O.

Strong World: 2x INThawk, 3D2Y Zoro (18 CD for Stage 2), 3D2Y Brook, Arlong, Doffy.
- Doffy + Brook + Zoro = 1 Turn KO
Z: 2x Ray, Aokiji, Duval (19 CD), Apoo, GPU
- Duval + Sunny wipes out the trash, while GPU gives 4 turns to beat Robin. She's usually done in 2.

Thankfully, I got all 3 characters by my second 30 STA run. IDK what to do for the next week. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MiTYH

My team for young strawhats is:

Ace / DEX Wyper
Heraclesn / Izo
Zephyr / Gp Usopp

Thanks for this team. I'm horribly underleveled but was able to stall enough for GP on both Nami and Robin. Thousand Sunny special helped in the boss stage.

Guess I know where these FP turtles are going!

EDIT: Second run, got all 3 characters. Guess I'll keep farming it for some books or whatnot

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Just starting out - can I safely trash all 1 and 2 star units? And are evolution materials common enough that I don't have to save them? My box is always so full.

Got the Nami, Robin and Chopper. The 3d2y books don't seem to be dropping for me and I'm getting kind sick of this FN already, so I think I'll just do the Noland FN for books.

Just starting out - can I safely trash all 1 and 2 star units? And are evolution materials common enough that I don't have to save them? My box is always so full.

Yeah, you can go ahead and trash the generic pirates/marines.
You can get evo materials on specific days each week (seahorses on Tuesdays, penguins on Wednesdays, dragons on Thursdays, crabs on Fridays), so unless you have a character you want to use it on soon and if the material in question isn't a lobster/rainbow, I'd say go ahead and trash them too if you're that hard up on box space.

EMT0

Banned
So, this is the final tally of double pulls. Sadly, no triple even though I got some eye-raising doubles where the first two pulls were both Legends that had me feeling hopeful.

Boa - Rayleigh
Sabo - Inthawk
Marco - Inthawk
Shanks - Jinbe
Rayleigh - Inthawk
Ace - Crocodile
Cavendish - Sabo
Ace - Shanks
Whitebeard - Rayleigh
Gear 3rd - Jinbe
Log Luffy - Crocodile
Gear 3rd - Corazon
Shanks - Sabo
Boa - Shanks
Lucci - Marco
Crocodile - Jinbe

My favorite option out of all of these is probably Lucci-Marco due to being the foundation of a strong powerhouse that and offers a lot of flexibility with Marco as a captain. I'm gonna mull over rerolling...and feel free to request these accounts. I'm not gonna be using them all lol.

bjork

Of those, I'd go with Rayleigh/Mihawk because it makes the beginning super easy mode.

For the Nami/Robin FN, I ran
Rayleighx2
Striker Croc/Doflamingo
GPU/Bartolomeo

and they kept rolling back DEX specials, so I swapped in Legend Doflamingo and thumped those fools. I might try to actually farm on 10s, though.

MiTYH

So, this is the final tally of double pulls. Sadly, no triple even though I got some eye-raising doubles where the first two pulls were both Legends that had me feeling hopeful.

Boa - Rayleigh
Sabo - Inthawk
Marco - Inthawk
Shanks - Jinbe
Rayleigh - Inthawk
Ace - Crocodile
Cavendish - Sabo
Ace - Shanks
Whitebeard - Rayleigh
Gear 3rd - Jinbe
Log Luffy - Crocodile
Gear 3rd - Corazon
Shanks - Sabo
Boa - Shanks
Lucci - Marco
Crocodile - Jinbe

My favorite option out of all of these is probably Lucci-Marco due to being the foundation of a strong powerhouse that and offers a lot of flexibility with Marco as a captain. I'm gonna mull over rerolling...and feel free to request these accounts. I'm not gonna be using them all lol.

Damn, nice accounts.

Personally, I love my INTHawk. He'll only get better with his skillbooks, and coliseum is where he shines (aside from being a good captain to the already OP slashers). Like Bjork said, pairing him with Rayleigh is easy mode, PLUS it allows you to skip any sugos with INT up (unless you really want Fuji). So, that's my vote

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yeah, you can go ahead and trash the generic pirates/marines.
You can get evo materials on specific days each week (seahorses on Tuesdays, penguins on Wednesdays, dragons on Thursdays, crabs on Fridays), so unless you have a character you want to use it on soon and if the material in question isn't a lobster/rainbow, I'd say go ahead and trash them too if you're that hard up on box space.

Thanks!

Hana-Bi

4 30 stamina runs and still no Robin drop.

The fn is super easy with my legend Croc team:

Croc x2
Heracles
legend Doffy
Monet
Sugar

EMT0

Banned
Of those, I'd go with Rayleigh/Mihawk because it makes the beginning super easy mode.

Damn, nice accounts.

Personally, I love my INTHawk. He'll only get better with his skillbooks, and coliseum is where he shines (aside from being a good captain to the already OP slashers). Like Bjork said, pairing him with Rayleigh is easy mode, PLUS it allows you to skip any sugos with INT up (unless you really want Fuji). So, that's my vote

INThawk does seem amazingly good, but doesn't he sort of cannibalize Raid Mihawk as a key unit for the midgame? Before today, my impression of INThawk was that he's excellent for late game content but that players would likely lean heavily on the raidhawk special until that point. I can see the idea that INThawk being so powerful a captain lets you more or less bumrush to strong teams that let you get by without Raidhawk's special, since Slashers are pretty common.

bjork

INThawk does seem amazingly good, but doesn't he sort of cannibalize Raid Mihawk as a key unit for the midgame? Before today, my impression of INThawk was that he's excellent for late game content but that players would likely lean heavily on the raidhawk special until that point. I can see the idea that INThawk being so powerful a captain lets you more or less bumrush to strong teams that let you get by without Raidhawk's special, since Slashers are pretty common.

I can't say for sure because I don't have the perspective of someone who's started playing recently, but I feel like raid Mihawk is essential, where legend Mihawk is just really nice to have. When raid Mihawk showed up, we were all still trying to get Arlong because he was so strong. Nowadays, a skill-maxed Mihawk is still part of many team builds, and he's a good captain himself.

I like that legend Mihawk has more sockets and the boost is a little better to ATK, but neither of those things are really vital to someone just starting out. Especially since their team cost would be crippled by a legend right away anyway. Also I'm kinda not fond of his special currently, since the cooldown is high with no skillbooks on global, and it kinda requires bursting for a turn first, then unleashing his special. It's very situational, where raid Mihawk is very equal opportunity in wrecking fools.

But, of those accounts, I still like Rayleigh/Mihawk because slashers are so abundant and Rayleigh can work with anyone. A lot of those other legends are also great, but they require specific types or classes that you wouldn't initially have with a fresh account.

Kind of, I mean it really depends how much effort you want to put into maxing a character. I use both my RaidHawk and IntHawk at times when I play, but I only really try to lower special costs rather than get perfect slots (way too much of a time investment) and it isn't so much of a problem then. Since you can farm the RaidHawk card pretty easily I wouldn't worry too much about it interfering, though it may be stressful if you want perfect slots.

Both cards are monsters even before lowering their specials anyway and you probably don't need to worry about that until very late game.

RedBoot

Okay, I feel like I've got a solid team down for the fortnight. Double Sengoku, Dock Kaku, Braham, Log Nami, and Breed. Use Braham on Nami's stage (since taking her down in one turn is extremely hard due to the ATK debuff), use Log Nami if needed to take out Nami on the next turn, then use a Sengoku and Kaku to take out Robin in one turn. The team also has enough HP in case I need to take a hit from Robin.

Drops are interesting. I got a lot of Robins last night, but today I'm getting Namis. Lots of 3D2Y Nami and Usopp books, which sadly I have to ditch due to not having either and not having the space to hold them. Not a single 3D2Y Luffy book yet, and only one Story Absalom book, which is odd (and disappointing, I've actually used him a few times).

My primary goal with the fortnight is to socket 3D2Y Robin, but I'm not expecting to finish her 100% here and that's fine, since Kimono Hats 2 is coming sooner or later, and there's a lot more for me to farm there in general. I'll wait for that fortnight to go nuts with stamina refills.

EMT0

Banned
I can't say for sure because I don't have the perspective of someone who's started playing recently, but I feel like raid Mihawk is essential, where legend Mihawk is just really nice to have. When raid Mihawk showed up, we were all still trying to get Arlong because he was so strong. Nowadays, a skill-maxed Mihawk is still part of many team builds, and he's a good captain himself.

I like that legend Mihawk has more sockets and the boost is a little better to ATK, but neither of those things are really vital to someone just starting out. Especially since their team cost would be crippled by a legend right away anyway. Also I'm kinda not fond of his special currently, since the cooldown is high with no skillbooks on global, and it kinda requires bursting for a turn first, then unleashing his special. It's very situational, where raid Mihawk is very equal opportunity in wrecking fools.

But, of those accounts, I still like Rayleigh/Mihawk because slashers are so abundant and Rayleigh can work with anyone. A lot of those other legends are also great, but they require specific types or classes that you wouldn't initially have with a fresh account.

Kind of, I mean it really depends how much effort you want to put into maxing a character. I use both my RaidHawk and IntHawk at times when I play, but I only really try to lower special costs rather than get perfect slots (way too much of a time investment) and it isn't so much of a problem then. Since you can farm the RaidHawk card pretty easily I wouldn't worry too much about it interfering, though it may be stressful if you want perfect slots.

Both cards are monsters even before lowering their specials anyway and you probably don't need to worry about that until very late game.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Mihawk does sound enticing, but knowing that raidhawk is coming back very soon dampened my interest in him to some extent. Feeling indecisive, I started looking through the accounts to check out their additional pulls to see if one in particular would sway me. I was favoring Whitebeard-Rayleigh for a bit but then I got to this:

Like goddamn. Three Donquixote executives? There's not a pull there that I can be even a bit annoyed by except Mr.5, and he isn't even a bad early game sub either so...yeah, I guess I've picked. Thanks again for giving me fuel for thought though, and it's given me a few ideas about what to prioritize on this account. Namely not sweating special cooldowns too much, which is probably what left me a bit frustrated with my original account.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
4 30 stamina runs and still no Robin drop.

The fn is super easy with my legend Croc team:

Croc x2
Heracles
legend Doffy
Monet
Sugar

I was using a Sabo team, but found that the straight up Croc Dream team clears this fortnight easily and without even having to really stall. I've just been running that for now. I might experiment with more Sabo teams later to see if I can come up with something quicker.

Early game players can and will still utilize INThawk as captain for the additional damage and sockets, but will switch if he needs two percent cutters. Similarly there may be times when you want Raidhawk as an additional health cutter late game as well.

As captains, they serve similar purposes, but as subs they serve completely different functions. INThawk special is completely unique to him. There's no other character that does what he does. His special either finishes off rounds, takes out reviving bosses, or allows you to carry a preemptive burst into a second stage. Raid Mihawk health percent cut is used to whittle down large health bosses or setup a burst kill.

You'll be using both Mihawks on more than just Slasher teams in both early and late game.

bjork

With all the positive talk that a Croc team is getting, I'm gonna have to finally try it out. I have Croc at max and 3D2Y Robin at like 40something, but I figure I can at least do the 15s. Nice to mix things up a little, too.

RedBoot

With all the positive talk that a Croc team is getting, I'm gonna have to finally try it out. I have Croc at max and 3D2Y Robin at like 40something, but I figure I can at least do the 15s. Nice to mix things up a little, too.

Colo Hawkins was my first chance to really seriously use a Croc team, and it's actually been a ton of fun. You gotta take damage at the right time to increase your attack, stall, etc. Try to hit the sweet spot of being under 1000 health or so when you get to the boss. Pretty cool way to play the game, I assume running a Whitebeard team is pretty similar.

And I just got my 3D2Y Robin, too, so I was doing it all the hard way before (and I can't really slot her into the Hawkins team anyway without having a max-skill Kuma).

MANUELF

Banned
The snails havent been nice to me with all those turtles, beat every difficulty of every fortnight, got all the characters except secret stages ones(all of them minus Calgara) and I wont grind that much this week thankfully

RR30

I need to socket Robin and one of the 18000 Nami's I have but meh at the skill books. 3D2Y Luffy is the only one I have and I haven't used him yet.

mileS

Boa - Rayleigh
Sabo - Inthawk
Marco - Inthawk
Shanks - Jinbe
Rayleigh - Inthawk
Ace - Crocodile
Cavendish - Sabo
Ace - Shanks
Whitebeard - Rayleigh
Gear 3rd - Jinbe
Log Luffy - Crocodile
Gear 3rd - Corazon
Shanks - Sabo
Boa - Shanks
Lucci - Marco
Crocodile - Jinbe

If i had the option out of all of those. With lots of consideration in mind... would probably take Log Luffy - Crocodile. Either way you have a great base!

MiTYH

Was wondering what to do today when I took a look at my box:

0 Red Dragons
1 Green Dragon
0 Blue Dragons
3 Yellow Dragons
2 Purple Dragons
6 Rainbow Dragons

I'm not saying I plan on evolving things soon, but damn, that's low. I'm restocking today. Will Raid tomorrow, Coliseum for the weekend, and then figure out next week

Tidd

The next colosseum batch is NOT ALVIDA AND COBY!!!!

Next week we will get Kidd, Sadi and Doberman. This is surprising. I believe we skipped 2 chaos-only characters (Apoo and Franky). So it should be way harder than Hawkins.

RR30

Was wondering what to do today when I took a look at my box:

0 Red Dragons
1 Green Dragon
0 Blue Dragons
3 Yellow Dragons
2 Purple Dragons
6 Rainbow Dragons

I'm not saying I plan on evolving things soon, but damn, that's low. I'm restocking today. Will Raid tomorrow, Coliseum for the weekend, and then figure out next week

Thanks for reminding me I need a purple dragon to evolve Zephyr. Didn't bother to farm him last time because I didn't have Ace but now I do...

The next colosseum batch is NOT ALVIDA AND COBY!!!!

Next week we will get Kidd, Sadi and Doberman. This is surprising. I believe we skipped 2 chaos-only characters (Apoo and Franky). So it should be way harder than Hawkins.

So time to socket RR Kidd. Though I heard Colo Kidd is great for Barto teams too?

RedBoot

I was wondering if they'd ever switch up the colo batches. Now we know. :p

Well, I was going to farm Alvida, so now I'll be farming Kidd, I guess. Sadie's decent too, but I don't know if there'll be time for box space for her. Also, wow at getting Smoker to return before I even have a chance to feed the copies from last time.

This one's gonna be rough. I want to max Colo Kidd while also socketing RR Kidd. Gem time!

Thanks for reminding me I need a purple dragon to evolve Zephyr. Didn't bother to farm him last time because I didn't have Ace but now I do...

So time to socket RR Kidd. Though I heard Colo Kidd is great for Barto teams too?

Colo Kid is good for any team you can fit Raid Kuma or eventually Pica into.

no idea if I'll be able to farm kid at this point, global doesn't seem to have much choice in terms of F2p teams

The downside to this being out of order is that Apoo would be the de facto F2P lead to be paired with LL for farming Kid. Once again it falls back to the conspiracies that this happened because Log units were used in the preceding stages for the Alvida, Coby, and Apoo batches and haven't been changed in game or replaced yet.

It looks like most teams will be either Rayleigh, LL, or G3, with raid Doffy, Kuma, and Enel, and QCK Lucci as crew members. I think WB has some sort of team but I haven't looked into it as I don't own one. BB also has a team that can do it but once again, it requires QCK Apoo because his special causes you to take double damage.

RedBoot

no idea if I'll be able to farm kid at this point, global doesn't seem to have much choice in terms of F2p teams

Yeah, just from checking GameWith and Zeenigami's video, it looks pretty rough. I *think* I could clear it with the Croc dream team with RR Kalifa in the QCK slot, though I'd need more skill levels on my Kuma for it to work (if we get a skill up event in the next 2-week event, I could have it ready for at least one week in the colo). But even that's kind of BS since it's a 3 RR 2 max Raid boss team. Kidd and Kalifa have tons of HP, deal tons of damage, and even mess with your orbs. Really hard to plan around.

Hopefully the community can come up with some Global-friendly teams, but I didn't see quite as many guides for Hawkins as I did for Urouge, so hopefully people will step up.

bjork

Got in 10 runs of 10s nami/robin: 1 chopper, 1 robin, 1 nami, 2 luffy books. Could be worse.

Edit - it'a only 10:30 and we've taken three breaks already. This could run a lot more efficiently, blahhhhh

Nami, Robin and Chopper all dropped. For now I'm gonna focus on other extra islands. Will come back to this later to get more sockets. Though, I gotta ask since I already have like 3 extra Robins (Nami was the last one to drop for me so I kinda stocked up on Robin's in mean time) should I just use them now or do I have to wait for some special events to get better sockets? Do we even have special socket events?

Anyway, managed to get a Arlong drop. I've heard that he has a good ATK so I'm gonna work on him alongside Diamante as one of my future STR characters.

bjork

There's no special socket event. There are socket books dedicated to a specific socket, but we haven't seen them often. The only special events I can think of are skill-up events or a better chance of super success, neither of which involve sockets.

Top Bottom